What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (5 Viewers)

I have a feeling the defense slows the bucs down enough to cover the spread. Tom's now missing gronk and AB- his two most trusted targets 

Watching the Titans game and makes me that much more disgusted with the Bears and Nagy. No excuse to have such a pathetic offense, and no one even cares.  Bears are setting all-time low offensive numbers while the rest of the league is just moving right along. 

nothing changes on the bears until they clean house starting from ownership on down

already gonna feel bad for justin, he's bound to be wasted if this regime sticks around and drags along

nothing changes on the bears until they clean house starting from ownership on down

already gonna feel bad for justin, he's bound to be wasted if this regime sticks around and drags along
There's no incentive to sell the team or win. They're making a fortune either way 

3 games in a row now bad unnecessary roughness penalties on him... WTF is his deal?? Was looking like a player worth keeping, but doesn't have his head on straight.

I’d fire him just for the disinterested look Fields was giving while sitting on the bench. He’s too young and too valuable to look that tuned out already. 

Fields showing no signs of development. That is such an indictment of Nagy and DeFilippo. For the sake of this kid's future please end this tomorrow. 

Sunday Gravy said:
Fields showing no signs of development. That is such an indictment of Nagy and DeFilippo. For the sake of this kid's future please end this tomorrow. 
Not gonna happen. Ownership will ride out the contract to save money. And wouldn't surprise me if they gave Pace a shot at another coach, too. Hopeless 

I have a couple concerns/issues with firing Nagy right now:

First, what then?  Who is there on the staff that could take over as a head coach and make any difference to either this year, or the development of Fields?  That coaching staff is so based around telling Matt Nagy that's he's right, who will take over and do anything different?  Desai, naa, he's too new to DC.  Lazor, not sure he's qualified to be an OC, nevertheless a HC, on top of the fact, he'd probably be too busy trying to salvage the offense.  DeFilippo, he's just another Nagy, and again, not sure qualified.  That leaves you with either ST coach Tabor, or wild card candidate Pettine.  I don't want to see any of those guys as Interim HC really, and don't really see how any of them would make things "better".

Second the GM is the one that SHOULD be firing the HC, and no way in hell that happens, if ownership were to fire him, or put enough pressure to fire him, they are pretty much neutering Pace.

I think both guys should have been fired in the offseason.  It was a clean brake from the last QB pick, and we had pretty much all our draft picks in the next few drafts, so a good place for a new GM to start.

At this point I think the best move would be to just let Nagy keep going, as I said above, he doesn't have anyone on his staff who has HC'd, or even been a big HC candidate from what I remember (maybe as he designed it...), and FIRE PACE NOW.  No way he should get another HC pick, and his roster is a mess.  Hiring A GM takes time, they will need to gather the "brain trust" and start searching candidates to interview, and need to be ready to move quickly when the season ends, or the new GM will lose out on most of the next coaching candidates.  And I don't see any way the Bears can try to secretly do that in the background, they just aren't competent enough.

I have a couple concerns/issues with firing Nagy right now:

First, what then?  Who is there on the staff that could take over as a head coach and make any difference to either this year, or the development of Fields?  That coaching staff is so based around telling Matt Nagy that's he's right, who will take over and do anything different?  Desai, naa, he's too new to DC.  Lazor, not sure he's qualified to be an OC, nevertheless a HC, on top of the fact, he'd probably be too busy trying to salvage the offense.  DeFilippo, he's just another Nagy, and again, not sure qualified.  That leaves you with either ST coach Tabor, or wild card candidate Pettine.  I don't want to see any of those guys as Interim HC really, and don't really see how any of them would make things "better".

Second the GM is the one that SHOULD be firing the HC, and no way in hell that happens, if ownership were to fire him, or put enough pressure to fire him, they are pretty much neutering Pace.

I think both guys should have been fired in the offseason.  It was a clean brake from the last QB pick, and we had pretty much all our draft picks in the next few drafts, so a good place for a new GM to start.

At this point I think the best move would be to just let Nagy keep going, as I said above, he doesn't have anyone on his staff who has HC'd, or even been a big HC candidate from what I remember (maybe as he designed it...), and FIRE PACE NOW.  No way he should get another HC pick, and his roster is a mess.  Hiring A GM takes time, they will need to gather the "brain trust" and start searching candidates to interview, and need to be ready to move quickly when the season ends, or the new GM will lose out on most of the next coaching candidates.  And I don't see any way the Bears can try to secretly do that in the background, they just aren't competent enough.
Disagree. First, ownership should be neutering Pace. Second, Nagy does not put the team in a position to win games and there is a dinstinct possibility he will hurt the development of Fields. I’d fire him, promote Pettine to HC since he’s got some experience and I’d have DeFillipo and Lazor run the offense, knowing their number one priority is to put Fields in a position to gain confidence. 

This team is such an embarrassment. No one cares and nothing will ever change. 
hey Flap, what is the deal with the play calling?  just seems so predictable. run, run, 3rd & long try to pass.  the days of 3 yards & a cloud of dust is over.  all the rules favor a pass game these days & I do know you have to run to keep defenses honest.

hey Flap, what is the deal with the play calling?  just seems so predictable. run, run, 3rd & long try to pass.  the days of 3 yards & a cloud of dust is over.  all the rules favor a pass game these days & I do know you have to run to keep defenses honest.
Only Nagy knows. I think he is mentally challenged, or he just wants to get fired on purpose and sit on the couch. Could be either one 

So ready for this D to start getting the beating they’ve deserved for 2 years now. Never can get a stop when needed. And in the odd instance the offense looks competent they #### the bed. 

2019: Ranked 29th - 17.5 PPG  and 29th - 296.8 YPG
2020: Ranked 22nd - 23.3 PPG and 26th - 331.4 YPG
2021: Ranked 31st - 15.4 PPG and 32nd - 264.0 YPG

:bag:  I am glad we brought in Matt Nagy to fix the offense

Realize we have a lot of needs. O line, corner, safety, D line. But I'm starting to think a big time WR is rising up my list. Fields needs a go to guy he can lean on. Big target type of guy. 

What makes being a Bears fan in this juncture in time so disappointing is how thin the Bears' playbooks appear to be.

Offense:  the team does not run slants and crossing patterns.  Unless you count RPOs, misdirection plays are nowhere to be found.  Sweeps/jet sweeps are not used.  Trick plays are never used.

The other thing that is glaringly obvious is how Bears receivers are so often headed out of bounds when making a catch.  Outside of Kmet or deep passes to Mooney/Goodwin, there are no throws to receivers operating in the mid-range across the middle (no slants or crossing patterns).  The Bears are dead last in YAC/reception.

Defense:  every week I watch teams that have delayed pass rushes or delayed blitzes, or disguised coverages.  Do the Bears do any of these things?  Obviously you can't always tell from television,  but it's hard to identify any level of creativity.  Yes, the team blitzes more than under Pagano, but there's very little disguise put into it, as the team doesn't really fake blitzes that often.

Not only does Nagy not make half time adjustments they have never won a game coming off the bye week. As much as I want Nagy to go I think the organization will screw up the hiring process.

Not only does Nagy not make half time adjustments they have never won a game coming off the bye week. As much as I want Nagy to go I think the organization will screw up the hiring process.
Of course because it will be the same idiot making the final decision until Pace gets the axe also.  Keep hearing that they want to give Pace the Ted Philips treatment and adopt him and move him into upper management, he'd be the new football executive.  I have no clue how you can watch his teams not compete for most of the 7 years he's been here and even consider doing that.

Users who are viewing this thread