What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (12 Viewers)

I'm not saying Adams isn't good, but he's more of a strong safety and not a guy with a lot of ball skills.  I think you have to get a guy in the top 5 you expect to be a perennial pro bowler and an amazing athlete and difference maker.  Adams is none of those imo.  Doesn't mean he's not good.

I mean they could take him, but with the class so deep at DB this year and Adams not being a true free safety, it wouldn't fall in line with what Pace has stated he likes to do.  Value has to come into play at some point, both with where he's taken and how it compares to a player they could get in later rounds. 
Glad we took at QB at 2 and Eddie Jackson later. Perfect value 

Can't believe you want Bears to take a QB first.  You are nuts.  QB class next year will be much better.

If nothing else, they could trade 1 next year and a 2 for a chance to get Clemson QB after they take safety at 3 this year.
Stand by my call that the 2017 qb class will be better than the 2018 class. Bears made the right move taking a qb in 2017

It's 2 3rd rounders and a 4th. Not like they gave up multiple first round picks or anything. Not the guy I would've taken but I'm fine with being aggressive going after your franchise qb. If it works out, no one will care how much they gave up. If they took him at 3 and he failed, it would be the same outcome.
Like I said 

Solid win. Was never really a doubt they would lose. Mitch recovered from a dreadful first half to play really well in the second. Very happy for Howard. He was the fourth quarter hammer he's supposed to be and Nagy let him be. I'm becoming a real big Anthony Miller fan. He's already our best wr and I'm excited for him to start taking over. 

D played good despite not getting near the QB for the third straight game. I realize no Mack hurts but this is exactly what I was afraid this D would look like before we got him. Just nobody to rush the passer. Makes that deal for him look even better. Not we need him to get healthy and get back. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Can’t recall where we ever went first to worst and worst to first in the span of two weeks.  Nucking futs.

GB & MIN tie actually helping us.

Even though it’s the Bills next week, we owe them payback for that L they gave us on our turf last time.

Don’t let up.

If the Saints can beat the Vikes, the Bears will be back in first. 
Bears are now back in first.  Was only a week ago that I saw people complaining how this team was a last place team again.  The overreaction by fan bases really is ridiculous sometimes, not just the Bears.

Solid win. Was never really a doubt they would lose. Mitch recovered from a dreadful first half to play really well in the second. Very happy for Howard. He was the fourth quarter hammer he's supposed to be and Nagy let him be. I'm becoming a real big Anthony Miller fan. He's already our best wr and I'm excited for him to start taking over. 

D played good despite not getting near the QB for the third straight game. I realize no Mack hurts but this is exactly what I was afraid this D would look like before we got him. Just nobody to rush the passer. Makes that deal for him look even better. Not we need him to get healthy and get back. 
I tried more attention to pressure on the QB from the D this week and even though they didn't have many sacks they still had plenty of pressure.  I saw Bear's players in the backfield plenty of times which caused Darnold to leave the pocket and run or throw it away.  Pressure led to a lot of bad throws, just not sacks.

This was the first full game I watched of the Jets and was kind of impressed with Darnold.  He made some good throws and seemed to have good pocket presence.

Trubisky is on pace for 4150 yards, 34 TDs, 14 INTs. And on the ground, another 675 yards and 5 TDs.

Otherwise known as the best season a Chicago QB has ever had, by a fairly wide margin.
And, amazingly, he's left a lot of points and yards on the table. Say what you want, the kids improving. In fits and starts, but he's starting to see things as they develop. He plays better in the second half, which I think demonstrates he comes out jumpy and calms down as the game goes on. That should go away and I think the long ball issue is having confidence to put some air under the ball rather than try to throw it on a rope. He's putting nice touch on the short and intermediate throws now and it looks great. If he can take that next step and start throwing guys open down field, watch out.

Interesting stat:

Bears are #2 in lowest drop percentage (2.1%).  That’s cuz Trub can’t get them the ball (relax, he is improving)! 

#1?  Redskins with 1.9%.

-X- said:
Interesting stat:

Bears are #2 in lowest drop percentage (2.1%).  That’s cuz Trub can’t get them the ball (relax, he is improving)! 

#1?  Redskins with 1.9%.
That is interesting. If our receivers hadn't dropped so many passes 2 years ago, we would've won 2 more games and probably wouldn't have Mitch right now. 

• Smile
Reactions: -X-
I like how the rest of the schedule is shaping up.  Take care of the teams you should, Niners, Giants and Bills.  Stay respectable within the division and this team should make the playoffs. 

I like how the rest of the schedule is shaping up.  Take care of the teams you should, Niners, Giants and Bills.  Stay respectable within the division and this team should make the playoffs. 
Need to win those three and then split with any two of the Vikings, Packers, and Lions. 

Pats knocked Anderson out of the game.  Looks like Peterman will be facing us.

Tremaine Edmunds also concussed.

Pats knocked Anderson out of the game.  Looks like Peterman will be facing us.

Tremaine Edmunds also concussed.
We know what happened the last time we played a backup QB we should have crushed. I have to admit, in the back of my mind I'm a little terrified...  We can not give Peterman his first win.

We know what happened the last time we played a backup QB we should have crushed. I have to admit, in the back of my mind I'm a little terrified...  We can not give Peterman his first win.
Even though Brock isn't that good, he's a hall of famer compared to Peterman. 

Long in a boot and on a knee scooter. Prepare to be without him for the rest of the season on likely not coming back next year. 

How were the Bears going to get him?  The Bears were not in a good position to be trading for any more players this year.
Well, Fowler went for a 2019 3rd and a 2020 5th.  I’d make that trade all day long. Plenty of leeway within that structure to get something done.

The odds of drafting a pass rusher equivalent to Fowler in the mid-rounds are slim-to-none.  They probably could’ve weaseled a pick back like they did in the Mack trade.

Well, Fowler went for a 2019 3rd and a 2020 5th.  I’d make that trade all day long. Plenty of leeway within that structure to get something done.

The odds of drafting a pass rusher equivalent to Fowler in the mid-rounds are slim-to-none.  They probably could’ve weaseled a pick back like they did in the Mack trade.
Yes, very hard to draft a DE that could get two sacks in 7 games, which is what Fowler has this year.....

The guy is the same as Floyd...

Bears worked OLB Lorenzo Mauldin (previously NYJ).  From what I remember of him, thought he was decent with upside.

Maybe he got a haircut and grew up a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread