What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (40 Viewers)

With the lack of offensive playmakers and basically zero competent receiving TEs, don't get why Javon Wims only sees 15 snaps. Zero creativity in figuring out how to use a 6' 4" receiver. Red zone, jump balls, something?
Was thinking about his last night.  I'm not sure if it's misuse of Gabriel or Trubisky's inability to throw an accurate ball.  Too many jump passes to Gabriel!  It's probably on Trubisky, though.

Nevertheless, we need to see something from Wims and Ridley.  Now is the time with the season done.

BassNBrew said:
Just picked up the Bears Def off of waivers and let Cleveland go.  Good move or living in the past?
The talent is there but they aren't the dominant wrecking crew that they should be. Bad O, on the field too often, out of contention, they are playing well below their talent level, especially for fantasy. Maybe they will do something vs. NYG, but wouldn't expect it.

BassNBrew said:
Just picked up the Bears Def off of waivers and let Cleveland go.  Good move or living in the past?
They have become matchup dependent and they have a rough fantasy football playoff schedule (Cowboys, Packers, Chiefs).  I think you are good against the Giants and Lions the next few weeks but I would drop them afterwards. 

They have become matchup dependent and they have a rough fantasy football playoff schedule (Cowboys, Packers, Chiefs).  I think you are good against the Giants and Lions the next few weeks but I would drop them afterwards. 
Thanks. This is the last week of our season and I need to go 2-5 this week to secure a playoff spot.   Really just concerned about this week and then will work the wire

The talent is there but they aren't the dominant wrecking crew that they should be. Bad O, on the field too often, out of contention, they are playing well below their talent level, especially for fantasy. Maybe they will do something vs. NYG, but wouldn't expect it.
Debating the CHI D myself (or BUF vs DEN).

Was concerned about Trubisky starting. The more that offense goes 3 and out the worse it is for the D. That said, D. Jones is a turnover machine in bad matchups. Gotta think CHI can lock up those WRs...and Engram/Ellison out so basically no TE.

Is CHI's run D really that mediocre? Or is that a function of being on the field too much? Know Hicks was lost.

Debating the CHI D myself (or BUF vs DEN).

Was concerned about Trubisky starting. The more that offense goes 3 and out the worse it is for the D. That said, D. Jones is a turnover machine in bad matchups. Gotta think CHI can lock up those WRs...and Engram/Ellison out so basically no TE.

Is CHI's run D really that mediocre? Or is that a function of being on the field too much? Know Hicks was lost.
Statistically they are a "good" D. I think #4 in scoring allowed. A really solid NFL D by the numbers. Fantasy wise they are just blah. They'll allow 16 or so points, maybe a sack or two and rare turnover or two mixed in. Defensive TDs haven't been there this year.

Not sure what the issue is. Losing Hicks was big, but they just haven't gotten the big turnover and defensive scores that they seemed to get a lot of last year. The D might be tired of the O not doing anything to help, but the D hasn't exactly been giving the O short fields like last year either.  It also doesn't help that teams have seemed to figure out how to neutralize Mack much more this year and the Bears coaches haven't figured out how to counter that.

Not the worst D play vs. NYG. They "should" do well. Just not a slam dunk D like last year, even against bad teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bears D averaged 13 pts/game the first four games and 4.5 pts/game the last six games in my leagues. This drop coincides with them losing Hicks. They aren’t terrible plays for the next two weeks but I wouldn’t being putting too much faith in a turn around.

Things will course correct. The Giants are an inferior opponent and the bears will have a convincing victory today.  That should give them a much-needed morale boost. I think they'll still run the table and this game against New York comes at a perfect time for them. 

This is exactly what I’m talking about with this defense.  They play decent most of the game, but then give up a late TD.  On 4th and goal, no less.  Ridiculous.

Of course, then we can’t get even one yard running the ball when we need it most.

This is exactly what I’m talking about with this defense.  They play decent most of the game, but then give up a late TD.  On 4th and goal, no less.  Ridiculous.

Of course, then we can’t get even one yard running the ball when we need it most.
On a slow developing counter play that allowed Montgomery to get hit in the backfield. Nagy has zero belief they can line up behind this offensive line, hand it to Montgomery on a dive and push the pile back one yard.

Maybe hes right but i dont believe weve ever seen it tried. Always gotta be some half assed trickeration involved in Nagys schemes. 

• Thanks
Reactions: -X-
Amazing that the lowly Jets absolutely destroyed OAK.  Seeing SF do the same to GB was fun.

Thursday’s game should yield yet more indigestion, so plan your Thanksgiving dinner accordingly.

So far, we have:

Eddie Jackson complaining about the boos

Cohen complaining about the boos

Now, Hicks is blowing up on Tom Waddle in an interview over absolutely nothing. This team had one year of making the playoffs and losing and now they're a bunch of entitled bears.  Has to be one of the least likable Bears team's in recent memory. 

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
Now they are seeing just how fickle we fans are.  Perform better if you don’t want to hear boos.  Can’t get any simpler than that.  With Hicks, it’s obvious he’s frustrated but with the way he’s performed I’m ok with him getting chippy.  He’s always been a pretty cordial dude.

I’m getting annoyed at seeing Jackson try to shoulder opponents down instead of wrapping up.  He got burned by that no-name NYG receiver early last week.  Skrine has been a pleasant surprise based on all the negatives Jets & Browns fans had to say.  Mack is like out of stamina and loafs when the ball gets past him.  HHCD should’ve had a pick-6 on that out route TD to their scrub TE.

Cohen is trying his hardest, but the main problem is he’s not getting the ball in space, but nearly always behind the sticks with an opponent in his grille.  It even looks like he’s lost a step, as his burst is not what it was last season.

One thing painfully clear about Trub is he is always hesitating getting the ball out and without much zip.  Balls are semi-floaty and his deep balls are always underthrown, just as the media said all throughout training camp.  Needs to get in the weight room and work on his core (and overall) strength.

Go back and look at his college vids and he looked a lot better.  Really puzzling how much worse he is now, but being late on nearly every throw shows he still isn’t comfortable with the playbook.  Receivers are off-balance most of the time after receptions due to his inaccuracy.

Still don’t understand why he doesn’t go to Wims more often, especially in the red zone.  Put the ball up high and let him go get it.  The neosmurfs (Turbo & Miller) are mostly targeted instead, which should not happen unless they are wide open.  Just maddening all around.

Now they are seeing just how fickle we fans are.  Perform better if you don’t want to hear boos.  Can’t get any simpler than that.  With Hicks, it’s obvious he’s frustrated but with the way he’s performed I’m ok with him getting chippy.  He’s always been a pretty cordial dude.

I’m getting annoyed at seeing Jackson try to shoulder opponents down instead of wrapping up.  He got burned by that no-name NYG receiver early last week.  Skrine has been a pleasant surprise based on all the negatives Jets & Browns fans had to say.  Mack is like out of stamina and loafs when the ball gets past him.  HHCD should’ve had a pick-6 on that out route TD to their scrub TE.

Cohen is trying his hardest, but the main problem is he’s not getting the ball in space, but nearly always behind the sticks with an opponent in his grille.  It even looks like he’s lost a step, as his burst is not what it was last season.

One thing painfully clear about Trub is he is always hesitating getting the ball out and without much zip.  Balls are semi-floaty and his deep balls are always underthrown, just as the media said all throughout training camp.  Needs to get in the weight room and work on his core (and overall) strength.

Go back and look at his college vids and he looked a lot better.  Really puzzling how much worse he is now, but being late on nearly every throw shows he still isn’t comfortable with the playbook.  Receivers are off-balance most of the time after receptions due to his inaccuracy.

Still don’t understand why he doesn’t go to Wims more often, especially in the red zone.  Put the ball up high and let him go get it.  The neosmurfs (Turbo & Miller) are mostly targeted instead, which should not happen unless they are wide open.  Just maddening all around.
The WRs have been atrocious as well this year. Lead the league in drops. The entire offense has been an embarrassment. Such a Bears thing to do. How many elite defenses has this franchise wasted over the last 15 years? Terrible 

• Thanks
Indeed.  To me, drops are a relative indicator of poor timing and/or a receiver worrying about getting smacked (poor spacing), apart from just being poor catch performance.

Don’t get me started on Braunecker’s wide open drop.  That was purely on him though.  A bit later Trub didn’t throw to him running a short drag route on one 3rd & 10 play IIRC.  Was wide open.

This is an exciting time to be rooting for the bears. Their remaining schedule looks pretty easy and I don't see any scenario in which they won't run the table.

At Detroit (against a no name QB): easy, dominant win

At home against the Cowboys: could be tough, but it's at home in likely difficult conditions, which usually favors the team with the better defense. Gritty win.

At the Packers. Always interesting, but Green Bay is immensely overrated and unlikely to go very far if they even make the postseason. Easy, dominant win.

Vs. The Chiefs. Could be tough but they haven't looked like the team we thought we'd see earlier in the season. At home, outside, against them...I think the bears grind this one out.

At Minnesota. The toughest game on the schedule. But the bears already took it to the Vikings this season. They'll do so again.

The bears are a lock to run the table and make the playoffs. They'll have their hands full with San Francisco, but I think they can upset them. The Super Bowl victory is still in sight.

This is an exciting time to be rooting for the bears. Their remaining schedule looks pretty easy and I don't see any scenario in which they won't run the table.

At Detroit (against a no name QB): easy, dominant win

At home against the Cowboys: could be tough, but it's at home in likely difficult conditions, which usually favors the team with the better defense. Gritty win.

At the Packers. Always interesting, but Green Bay is immensely overrated and unlikely to go very far if they even make the postseason. Easy, dominant win.

Vs. The Chiefs. Could be tough but they haven't looked like the team we thought we'd see earlier in the season. At home, outside, against them...I think the bears grind this one out.

At Minnesota. The toughest game on the schedule. But the bears already took it to the Vikings this season. They'll do so again.

The bears are a lock to run the table and make the playoffs. They'll have their hands full with San Francisco, but I think they can upset them. The Super Bowl victory is still in sight.
Might be a little too optimistic, but much better than all of the doom and gloom. The team has definitely underperformed this year, compared to expectations, but the potential is still there. I have never understood booing “fans”. 

Our most efficient offensive drive all season, followed up by the defense giving up their longest TD on 3rd & 10 to a 3rd string guy in his first start.  Gonna be a long game.

Our most efficient offensive drive all season, followed up by the defense giving up their longest TD on 3rd & 10 to a 3rd string guy in his first start.  Gonna be a long game.
Never fails with this organization. Anytime there's a glimmer of hope, they'll come right back and ruin it.  Bunch of bums

Perfect set up for Bears loss. Other team has a ton of injuries. Down to 3rd string qb. Classic Bears to still lose. This is such a failure of a franchise. 

They should pull the defensive starters. If they are going to play like this they don’t deserve to be on the field.

• Thanks
Been so sick of this D since London. Drives me nuts when they're still referred to as a big time D. They're not they are an overrated mess. Mack has 6 damn sacks. 

• Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread