What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (18 Viewers)

He looked fine walking his dog the next morning. Just saying. I've seen and treated MCL injuries. Those patients don't move like he did

The guy sits out more than any other player in the league for little injuries. His finger hurts. His knee is sore. His feelings are hurt. I'd rather have a QB who wants to play rather than a QB who is playing until he can get hurt again. To each their own. I guess that's why Chicago is where they are... that kind of behavior is tolerated and is okay. If he's the toughest player on the team then I'm with Flapper here: franchise doomed
I honestly don't think he's the toughest player on the team but he is known as one of the tougher players in the locker room. You act as if his injuries were made up because he didn't want to play.  He had surgery on his throwing hand thumb, that's a good reason not to play.  As for him not coming back sooner, that had more to do with their stupid coaching staff than Cutler.

None of this matters anyway.  Cutler's time is pretty much up it seems.  They can keep him if they want or let him go, doesn't really matter and the Bears have the advantage there.  They need to get some younger competition at that position and adding an older even more injury prone QB doesn't solve any problems.

I honestly don't think he's the toughest player on the team but he is known as one of the tougher players in the locker room. You act as if his injuries were made up because he didn't want to play.  He had surgery on his throwing hand thumb, that's a good reason not to play.  As for him not coming back sooner, that had more to do with their stupid coaching staff than Cutler.

None of this matters anyway.  Cutler's time is pretty much up it seems.  They can keep him if they want or let him go, doesn't really matter and the Bears have the advantage there.  They need to get some younger competition at that position and adding an older even more injury prone QB doesn't solve any problems.
I'm a Bears fan, and I am so ready for the Bears to move on from Jay Cutler. If the Bears retain him for some crazy reason I'm going to be so depressed.

I'm a Bears fan, and I am so ready for the Bears to move on from Jay Cutler. If the Bears retain him for some crazy reason I'm going to be so depressed.
I'm on board with moving on from him but I see no issues with keeping him.  The Bears still need a starter next year and it better not be a rookie.  It's either got to be Cutler, Hoyer, Barkley or a FA they bring in.  None of them are going to be a long term solution so it doesn't matter all that much.

I guess I just prefer a guy than can really help with rookie development.  My gut tells me Cutler is gone and Hoyer is the starter next year with Barkley as the back up and a Rookie developing.

Please don't talk to me like you know the Bear's history.  I've always liked Cutler and respected his talent but I'm ready to be done with the Cutler era like most Bear's fans.  Don't take this as me being a Cutler homer but you are up your a** if you honestly believe Cutler faked a knee injury in the playoffs.  He had a legit MCL sprain.  I've sprained my MCL before and it sucks.  There are a lot of negative things said about Cutler, even in the locker room, but I have yet to hear one player or coach say he's quit the team.  He's considered to be one of the toughest players on the team.
I've always wanted to like Cutler.  He's got a great arm......but as an NFL QB he stinks....he's proved that time and time again.

I've always wanted to like Cutler.  He's got a great arm......but as an NFL QB he stinks....he's proved that time and time again.
I agree.  For some reason he just can't get past the things that have set him back year after year.  He'll be a starter on another team though.

Are they going to franchise Alshon again? Why would he sign a long term deal with a rebuilding franchise? 
If they believe in Meredith and think White can play, then no. My guess is they let him walk partially because of the 4 game suspension he had. One more and it's 10 games I believe.

See my remarks above.

The only thing that stands out is his broken collar bones because he was rushed back in 2015 and it was not healed. I can dig up my remarks about Rodgers' collar bone when he broke his and how I did not think it was wise for him to rush back. For this very reason. The fact that he did this 2 separate years is coincidental or possibly how he falls to the ground. Some people know how to fall better than others. Favre was great at knowing how to fall. 

Ulracher had a spinal fusion. That is much much worse than anything that Romo has above. He played for 2-3 seasons with this with Chicago. And did quite well. 

His collar bone is a concern because it was fractured twice in one year, but he's had ample healing time. I would not be concerned about it unless he had osteoporosis or did not have it healed. Which I'm sure it's been x-rayed a million times... 

Yes, it's a riddled history. Romo is not known for being healthy, but I would take that injury history over Cutler's. Guy pulls a vulva muscle and he's out for 4 weeks. Remember when he faked a knee injury and quit on the team? at least Romo's breaks, fractures, and ruptures are legitimate. 
Busting out the pudendum card.  I liiiike it.

Please don't talk to me like you know the Bear's history.  I've always liked Cutler and respected his talent but I'm ready to be done with the Cutler era like most Bear's fans.  Don't take this as me being a Cutler homer but you are up your a** if you honestly believe Cutler faked a knee injury in the playoffs.  He had a legit MCL sprain.  I've sprained my MCL before and it sucks.  There are a lot of negative things said about Cutler, even in the locker room, but I have yet to hear one player or coach say he's quit the team.  He's considered to be one of the toughest players on the team.
Problem identified. Solution in the works.

If they believe in Meredith and think White can play, then no. My guess is they let him walk partially because of the 4 game suspension he had. One more and it's 10 games I believe.
Hard to rely on a guy who's only played 4 career games and another guy who was a college QB who should only be a WR3.

The salary cap is what it is. As of now several teams have more space than Chicago. Doesn't strike me as a wise decision for them to sign him to a long term deal nor does it seem like it would be in the best interest of the player if he wants to win  

But, that's coming from a Bucs' fan hoping he comes to my team. 

The salary cap is what it is. As of now several teams have more space than Chicago. Doesn't strike me as a wise decision for them to sign him to a long term deal nor does it seem like it would be in the best interest of the player if he wants to win  

I believe the Bears are in the top 6 for cap space available.  They have plenty of money to offer Jeffery in a long term deal.

Edit:  I just looked at the current cap rankings and see the Bears are 13th.  I could have swore I read they were up towards the top with most cap available.  Maybe it was that they'll have more after this season.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the Bears are in the top 6 for cap space available.  They have plenty of money to offer Jeffery in a long term deal.

Edit:  I just looked at the current cap rankings and see the Bears are 13th.  I could have swore I read they were up towards the top with most cap available.  Maybe it was that they'll have more after this season.
After releasing a couple guys they will definitely release,  they'll be in top 5.  Releasing Houston,  Cutler, Royal,  and Porter will free up 28 million. 

After releasing a couple guys they will definitely release,  they'll be in top 5
I must have been thinking of it that way.  I know they are going to have plenty of money to spend this year.  Pace even said during the presser that they were going to be aggressive and that they had the cap room.

You talking about Alshon?  Bears are loaded with cap space and he's the only one of their own guys left to sign.  

It's a really sad state of affairs,  but I knew how the press conference would be.  Keeping the staff intact in the worst season in franchise history.  Way to go,  Bears.  Years of failure ahead but ownership will still be raking in the cash.  Good for them. 

Fox dumb as a rock and doing his usual thing and defending the ignorance of Loggains and his pitiful game plans.  Pace defending Loggains and Ragone saying they did a great job at developing Barkley. ???  Do they even watch the games? No problem with the 50 turnovers Barkley had? Smh

Fired OL and safeties coach. :lmao: Great fall guys.  That'll make a difference.  Never mind how well Magazu had Whitehair playing and the two tackles at an acceptable level by the end of the season.  Smh.  We all see through your charade,  Pace and Fox.  Not that it matters. 

Two long-time John Fox disciples, offensive line coach Dave Magazu and assistant defensive backs coach Sam Garnes, were fired Wednesday

Fired OL and safeties coach. :lmao: Great fall guys.  That'll make a difference.  Never mind how well Magazu had Whitehair playing and the two tackles at an acceptable level by the end of the season.  Smh.  We all see through your charade,  Pace and Fox.  Not that it matters. 
Apparently the OL players didn't like him as a coach and actually were getting more instruction and development from other coaches.  Magazu was a long time Fox coach and the team decided to let him go.  I really doubt that Fox wanted him gone since they've been together for 14 years.  I think this is more of the front office letting Fox know that they are assuming more control, at least I hope that's it.

As you have said,  the ol actually improved by the end of the season.  But they fire him and not Loggains.  So dumb and predictable by Bears. 

As you have said,  the ol actually improved by the end of the season.  But they fire him and not Loggains.  So dumb and predictable by Bears. 
But like I said, I'm not so sure Magazu was the one responsible for the improvement of the OL.  I think they are sticking with the guys that truly were the difference makers and I think Mawae is one of them.  I'm not really sure why they are sticking with Loggains but they need to strongly consider hiring McCoy to the staff.

It's a really sad state of affairs,  but I knew how the press conference would be.  Keeping the staff intact in the worst season in franchise history.  Way to go,  Bears.  Years of failure ahead but ownership will still be raking in the cash.  Good for them. 
If the above is the case why would he want to stay?

You talking about Alshon?  Bears are loaded with cap space and he's the only one of their own guys left to sign.  

Like I said earlier, money.  There have been plenty of players over the years who have said how tired they are being on a team and want to leave and then suddenly you see them sign a huge contract.  It all comes down to money most of the time.  I have no idea what's going to happen with Jeffery yet at this time though.

Look back over the years.  How many players have passed up big money from their current team so they can go somewhere else and win?  It doesn't happen.  Alshon has an opportunity to get his first big contract with the team that drafted him and not uproot and move somewhere else. 

In the last 25 seasons, the Bears have finished under .500 15 times. 15!! The Browns have 19. That's how bad it's been.

In the last 25 seasons, the Bears have finished under .500 15 times. 15!! The Browns have 19. That's how bad it's been.
I think we all know how bad it's been.  It's in the past now though.  Lets focus on how to improve this franchise right now.

I just listened to George McCasky on the Score and he said that he promised Pace he would be patient with him and his rebuild and that's why Fox is still here.  They are here one more year so we might as well get on board and hope they make some great moves this off season.

I feel Pace can draft well and I know Fox can put together a talented team.  Hopefully Pace and Fox can put all the pieces together then maybe the front office can dump Fox and get a good game day coach in there that knows how to win with the talent he's given.  Probably won't happen but it sounds nice.

George is delusional and Fox is a bum,  but Pace seems to know his ####.  I expect them to spend a significant amount of money on the secondary. 

Secondary FA Targets:

Tony Jefferson

Eric Berry

Trumaine Johnson

Logan Ryan

AJ Bouye

Stephon Gilmore

LB:

Melvin Ingram

DL

Kawan Short

Perfect synopsis of how full of #### Fox and Pace are.  It was Crappy coaching! Starting with Fox and Loggains.  Simple as that!  We see through the your facade. 

flapgreen said:
Perfect synopsis of how full of #### Fox and Pace are.  It was Crappy coaching! Starting with Fox and Loggains.  Simple as that!  We see through the your facade. 
Coaching wasn't good but lack of depth and injuries were big too. Hopefully with another good draft and some free agent signings we can turn this around in a couple of years.

I would agree if they hadn't kept loggains.  He's terrible.  No feel for the game and gets consistently outcoached and I don't even think he realizes it.  Or does Fox.  Team fell apart in the second half in almost every game.  That's coaching. 

Keeping Loggains means you are well and truly ####ed for 2017. Sorry Windy City sports fans, but next season is going to suck too

Pace and George say they want results and to win now,  but they expect to do that with a new qb coming in next season.  Good luck with that,  idiots.  Not happening. 

Clint Hurtt now leaving as well.  OLB coach.  That makes 2 coaches who have left on their own.  They know it's a sinking ship. 

Stop freaking out about the coaches, cripes!  It doesn't matter what they said in the presser the other day.  No one's job is guaranteed with any NFL team.  Loggains in still considered the OC at the moment but that doesn't mean he will be for sure when next season starts.  As for the coaches who have moved on, is it really that big of a deal?  Lets not overreact.  If I recall correctly Hurtt was one of the only coaches retained from the Trestman era.

Stop freaking out about the coaches, cripes!  It doesn't matter what they said in the presser the other day.  No one's job is guaranteed with any NFL team.  Loggains in still considered the OC at the moment but that doesn't mean he will be for sure when next season starts.  As for the coaches who have moved on, is it really that big of a deal?  Lets not overreact.  If I recall correctly Hurtt was one of the only coaches retained from the Trestman era.
You support anything the organization does.  I get it. I don't.  I support the good decisions they make and criticize the bad ones.   You don't even know who Hurtt is.  Yes,  it matters when maybe your best 2 position coaches turn down extension and make a lateral move.  You just don't get it.   They know there's a high probability that the current coaching staff will be gone next year.   Couldn't be more obvious.  Now we're going to bring in a new qb with a lame duck coach and expect to win,  and lose yet another year with a new qb 

Hurtt is the main guy who coached Floyd.  Leaves to go to a worse or and even more dysfunctional team. 

Mitch Tribusky, QB from North Carolina declared for the draft today, but I'm not sure I would spend the 3rd overall pick for a one-year starter. He won't last to the second round though. I've read that the J-E-T-S are really high on this kid, but given their recent history of picking QBs, that soul say something. The Bears HAVE to hit on this pick, and I'm not sure I trust who they would get if they decide to move down in the draft either.

That said, I think the Bears should go after Glennon and take the best player available at #3. Glennon would give them a starter for a couple of years, grooming a QB they select this year or next. I am intrigued by Josh Allen, a junior QB out of Wyoming, but he hasn't declared yet. He may stay in Wyoming one more year to work on his skills, but they say his size is prototypical and has a good arm. If he declares and he lasts to the second round, I think the Bears should target him. 

For me there are three scenarios I think could happen.  

1. Either the Browns, Niners or both draft a QB leaving the Bears to pick Garrett or Allen.  I hope this happens and they pick a QB in the second.

2. Garrett and Allen both get taken before the Bears and they find a team to trade down with to gain extra picks.  They need as many picks as they can get but they need a team willing to trade up.  Maybe a team feels they need to trade up in order to get Fournette.  They could then grab a QB in the second round.

3. Garrett and Allen are both gone and no team is willing to trade up to the third pick.  Bears end up taking a QB they feel is the best.  For me it's Trubisky.

I'd go along with 1 or 2
I put them in the order I prefer them to happen.  I'd love to get Garrett or Allen and hopefully a decent QB falls to the second round, which I really think is going to happen.  One of those top 4 guys is going to fall.

Users who are viewing this thread