What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (8 Viewers)

Cut Parkey.  After that stupid article about him this week, it’s only fitting he ####ed us over to his former team.

That's more like it. The last few weeks have confused me a little. These are still the Bears. An organization that has never figured out how to win. Cursed

Wish I could have watched the game winning FG, but Fox cutaway do to NFL rules. NFL has some serious issues with their product.

That's more like it. The last few weeks have confused me a little. These are still the Bears. An organization that has never figured out how to win. Cursed
I think some guys named Payton, Singletary, Butkus, et. al. might want to disagree with you.  Strenuously.

Furthermore, it’s been clear that Parkey consistently hits the ball to the right.  Why the #### would you put the ball on the right hash with that last running play?

#lefthashuntilparkeyisgone

Last edited by a moderator:
If owned/GM'd a team,  I strongly consider separating game planning, player development, and game time management into separate roles.

Nagy should not be allowed on the team flight home. This guy is Andy Reid junior. Only a moron coach with a lead on the road with a first and goal decides to abandon the running game. A win vs New England redeems all this but this team is gassed and Brady just gives them ball bashes w a dirty sock loaded with bars of soap. I guess first place and the game in their control just wasn’t good enough 

I think some guys named Payton, Singletary, Butkus, et. al. might want to disagree with you.  Strenuously.
If you have to keep going back to the 85 Bears and further, you're doing it wrong. This organization has been a perennial loser for decades. And they've shown nothing that indicates its going to change. They always figure out how to lose games like this. Blew the Packers game. Now this one. It's the same thing. 

That’s the second game where Nagy’s deficiencies were plainly evident.

The Bucs blowout was a mirage.

If you have to keep going back to the 85 Bears and further, you're doing it wrong. This organization has been a perennial loser for decades. And they've shown nothing that indicates its going to change. They always figure out how to lose games like this. Blew the Packers game. Now this one. It's the same thing. 
Oh, for sure.  I just think it's more respectful of greatness to say the organization has "forgotten how to win."  That's undeniably true.

Pats will smoke us next week, as usual.  Maybe they’ll hang another 51 on us like last time.  Haven’t beaten them since 2000.

:bag:

#theskyisfalling

Nagy should not be allowed on the team flight home. This guy is Andy Reid junior. Only a moron coach with a lead on the road with a first and goal decides to abandon the running game. A win vs New England redeems all this but this team is gassed and Brady just gives them ball bashes w a dirty sock loaded with bars of soap. I guess first place and the game in their control just wasn’t good enough 
He's all the bad parts of Andy Reid. The goalline series that resulted in the INT was classic bad Andy Reid. 

Nagy's wallet might be a little lighter this week courtesy of Goodell. In his press conference, Nagy could not stop talking about the flag on Trey Burton. I agree with him, but Trevathan knocking down Drake was a good equalizer.

Nagy also referenced his playcalling at the end of the game. He said that everyone is riding him for calling run plays, but if he had called a pass play and gotten Trubisky sacked--taking the team out of FG range--he would have been roasted for that, as well. 

I would say this is a team loss. Trubisky made some incredibly stupid interceptions. Tarik Cohen player well, but had a crucial fumble. Howard had a killer fumble on the goal line. The offensive line didn’t play all that well. Trubisky was under pressure a lot. The defensive line played very poorly. No pressure at all. Poor job stopping the run. Receivers running free in the secondary. Nagy did some great play calling, but the third and five in overtime was way too conservative. Just a total team failure.

• Smile
Reactions: -X-
Nagy's wallet might be a little lighter this week courtesy of Goodell. In his press conference, Nagy could not stop talking about the flag on Trey Burton. I agree with him, but Trevathan knocking down Drake was a good equalizer.

Nagy also referenced his playcalling at the end of the game. He said that everyone is riding him for calling run plays, but if he had called a pass play and gotten Trubisky sacked--taking the team out of FG range--he would have been roasted for that, as well. 
Either you trust your QB to try to win the game, or you don’t. Nagy obviously didn’t trust Trubisky. 

Either you trust your QB to try to win the game, or you don’t. Nagy obviously didn’t trust Trubisky. 
Same with not trying to drive for a FG in the 4th with 35s left.  Too conservative.  Completely goes against what he said about being aggressive.  Scared Trub was gonna throw a pick.

It was a BS call, as was Drake’s non-call.  Saw Amendola with a couple of picks that weren’t called either.

I would say this is a team loss. Trubisky made some incredibly stupid interceptions. Tarik Cohen player well, but had a crucial fumble. Howard had a killer fumble on the goal line. The offensive line didn’t play all that well. Trubisky was under pressure a lot. The defensive line played very poorly. No pressure at all. Poor job stopping the run. Receivers running free in the secondary. Nagy did some great play calling, but the third and five in overtime was way too conservative. Just a total team failure.
Trubisky had one interception. Staring his receiver down and then throwing it into double coverage in the endzone. He started really flat but picked it up nicely. Made a couple other bad decisions he got away with, but overall i think he had a decent game. This team puts up 28 points they should win every time.

If Osweiller didnt throw the ball directly to Fuller twice it would have been even worse. I haven't seen that bad a defensive performance out of the Bears in a while.

Using that same logic, you should just hand off on every single play.

they are who we thought they were..a mediocre 7-8 win team. they just let Osweiler carve them to pieces. let that sink in for a minute..

they havent beaten a winning team yet this yr. theyre growing getting better but theyre still 3rd best team in nfc north. nothings changed. i tbink bears fans got ahead of themselves. they played well but miami is legit in 2018. bears have a ways to go. things are trending up though..

I’m sure ball security and tackling will be emphasized heavily this week.  Turnovers were the key, as usual.

No sacks and ####ty tackling.

Miami is not a legit team, they are garbage.  Couple of flukey plays and our defensive incompetence were why they were even in this game.

Yeah, not sure where you got the idea Miami was a legit team - their 4-2 record is very deceiving.  Hard to believe they got zero sacks against Osweiler, who has one of the slowest deliveries in the league.  3 Takeaways is good, and expected against the Dolphins, but 3 Giveaways balances that out.  Then the secondary got exposed and here you are.

I’m sure ball security and tackling will be emphasized heavily this week.  Turnovers were the key, as usual.

No sacks and ####ty tackling.

Miami is not a legit team, they are garbage.  Couple of flukey plays and our defensive incompetence were why they were even in this game.
Coaching should be the emphasis but it won't be. Vic got his ### handed to him like he often has. 

Wow.  Tough crowd.  They got shellshocked today.  They weren’t prepared for the brick mess monster.  To brock’s Credit he has laude well today.  

There were lots of positives to take from today for bears fans.  Trubisky is growing rt before our eyes.  He looks good.  And that’s a tough defense he played.  Tarik Cohen, burton, Gabriel, miller, and a rob.  Crazy good skill players.   Defense is still good.  Any defense can get shredded on any given Sunday. That’s the nfl.  Trubisky looks like the truth.  

Yeah, not sure where you got the idea Miami was a legit team - their 4-2 record is very deceiving.  Hard to believe they got zero sacks against Osweiler, who has one of the slowest deliveries in the league.  3 Takeaways is good, and expected against the Dolphins, but 3 Giveaways balances that out.  Then the secondary got exposed and here you are.
Tanner9919 said they were legit above.  I didn’t feel like quoting his post and arguing his other points.

As I’m watching the Chiefs@Pats, it’s amazing how easily both QBs get Kelce & Gronkowski the ball in open space.

Burton has been a major disappointment, aside from the two gimmicky shovel pass TD “catches.”

Quick slants are not used nearly enough.  Those are usually a QB’s best friend for getting into a rhythm and getting the early adrenaline under control.  Trub had some wide-open guys that he overthrew on the first two drives, one of which was an easy TD or a long gainer at the very least.  The horizontal plays develop way too slowly.

Still salty.

Users who are viewing this thread