What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (13 Viewers)

At current trend the Raiders will get pick 23ish from Bears in 2020 and give them back pick 37ish. Meaning they got a pick in the 20’s in “19” and a flip of about a dozen spots in 2020 for Mack. That could be one of the worst trades ever if it goes that way.

I could go back and bump all the haters, but I won't this time. 

I got to watching the replay tonight. I'll say this... Parkey missing EP/FGs on paper and hearing it hit the upright 4 times through the internet hurts a lot more than actually watching it. I can almost justify that he was a total of 4 feet off in 4 kicks from making all of those. 

I still hope Chicago had a backup plan if this turns into a mental thing for him. 

Really exciting to have an emerging young qb. Hasn't happened in my lifetime really. I was small when McMahon was around. And we have a D and a bunch of WRs to go with it. Great times. 

Couple breakdown/analysis vids popping up on Trub.  Definitely more decisive in his reads.  Getting comfier.  Award warranted.

Team is so young and hungry, nice to see nobody has an attitude (yet).  Nagy keeps it light but firm.

MIN has shored up some poor play recently but are a bit banged up and had the bye to heal up and prepare. Like I said last week, they barely sneaked out with a win in Trub’s first game last year.

Almost payback time.

flapgreen said:
Really exciting to have an emerging young qb. Hasn't happened in my lifetime really. I was small when McMahon was around. And we have a D and a bunch of WRs to go with it. Great times. 
That MNF (actually was a forebear of TNF) comeback at the rollerdome was the best one evah.  Injured Mac comes off the bench and throws three (ok, the second was pretty short) bombs for TDs.  That’s when we knew we had something special going.

Quick YT search found this.  Download before it gets taken down:

https://youtu.be/56Urf4NfWZA

If you just want the good stuff, start watching at 1:20:25 and enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
From Twitter:

Revisiting Khalil Mack trade:

#Bears gave up 2019 1, 2020 1, 2020 3 & 2019 6
Received Mack, 2020 2 & 2020 5

Using NFL draft point system if Bears draft in 22-28 range & Raiders draft in top 5-7 next 2 yrs-

That means Bears got Mack straight up for 17th pick of 1st round
Steal.

Parkey, Scales, O’Donnell & Tabor are going to Soldier Field tonight and possibly tomorrow night.

Game this week was flexed to Sunday night. Now just announced the Rams/Bears game week 14 flexed to Sunday night. Starting to get that respect. 

flapgreen said:
1985 was the best year ever.

Pumped for tonight.  The Panthers and Skins both losing today bought the bears a bit more breathing room.  I really just hope we can get through the next 4 days healthy. 

Detroit looked a lot better at home today. 

Trub with some bad picks, especially the second one.  Didn’t really hurt us though.

No injuries that I saw, so rest up, boys.

Parkey still sucks, but at least he seems to have corrected his mechanics.  Loved us going for 2 twice.

Game wasn't that close. Dominated the Vikings, outside of a couple late TDs when the defense was in prevent mode. Biggest win in years, fellas. Vikings couldn't do anything. Playoff bound! 

We let them back in the game because we can’t neutralize the no-huddle.  Really tired of seeing those horrible horizontal runs.  JoHo had a lot of 5-yard runs, so keep feeding him late and playaction when they stack the box.

Enough negativity, we got it done.  Lions beat a good Panthers team (dumb decision by Rivera) so the Turkey Bowl will likely be closer.

We let them back in the game because we can’t neutralize the no-huddle.  Really tired of seeing those horrible horizontal runs.  JoHo had a lot of 5-yard runs, so keep feeding him late and playaction when they stack the box.

Enough negativity, we got it done.  Lions beat a good Panthers team (dumb decision by Rivera) so the Turkey Bowl will likely be closer.
If others were assuming the Thanksgiving game is a gimme, that would be a mistake. Lions always find a way to make Thanksgiving interesting. Add in the Darius Slay who didn’t play last time, the offense is not going to get the same open ticket they had. That said, the Lions offense has literally become Golladay and Johnson so smother those boys and the Lions will go nowhere

If others were assuming the Thanksgiving game is a gimme, that would be a mistake. Lions always find a way to make Thanksgiving interesting. Add in the Darius Slay who didn’t play last time, the offense is not going to get the same open ticket they had. That said, the Lions offense has literally become Golladay and Johnson so smother those boys and the Lions will go nowhere
I watched the Panthers/Lions game.  Golladay and Johnson both looked great.  Slay was playing well, but had to leave the game due to injury and I don't think he came back in. Panthers D might be a bit overrated, but they have some good players. 

Panthers lost in part because Funchess couldn't catch anything yesterday.  He had like 4 or 5 bad drops.

Should be a good game though.

sounds like Slay should be ok for Thursday.

NFL Network reporter Ian Rapoport tweeted initial tests seem to indicate a knee sprain for Johnson.

Won't be close. 

K. Johnson most likely out. If M. Jones is out too, could be tough sledding for DET.

Biggest risk I see is CHI coming out flat after a big prime time, home game win over MN.

They didn't let them back in the game. The defense did exactly what they were trying to do. They kept everything in front of them and forced the Vikings to use up the clock. Worked fine. The offense turned the ball over 3 times and the game was still never in doubt. Bears are hot right now. Converted 50% on 3rd down. Trubisky balled in the 4th picking up huge first downs. 

One game at a time, Guinness.
No need. Have you seen their schedule? A semi pro team could win against that. They have:

At Detroit (easy win)

At New York (easy win)

Rams

Packers (easy win)

At San Francisco (easy win)

At Minnesota

That's two out of six games against teams with a winning record. That's an incredibly easy schedule. Plus, they get the Rams at home and the Rams haven't looked all that impressive lately. And the game against Minnesota will probably be meaningless. 

It's safe to say they'll likely clinch either the number one or number two seed, which means they'll have maybe one tough game in the playoffs. But they have the best QB in the division and one of the best defenses the NFL has ever seen. I don't see any way the bears lose another game this season. Might as well pencil them in as Super Bowl champions right now. And if you like to bet, get in while the odds are still good.

Users who are viewing this thread