What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (9 Viewers)

Well, actually he interfered with the armbar.  No call.

Last edited by a moderator:
no answer for crying Eli I guess?!? Bears are mutts. beaten a bunch of lesser teams ..only beaten 2 teams at or above .500..Vikings , Seahawks

beat Lions 2x.Jets.bills.Cards.bucs.weakest 8-3 team I've ever seen. overrated.just stop.

golf cap in 5 degree weather Nagy is a too funny. like tomlin with the Mr T starter kit leather coat unzipped, -5 degrees outside.

At least we didn’t lose to the Cards at home with a HoF-bound QB.  How’d that happen?  EAD.

Appreciation for Mitch soaring after that crap today. 

Having said that the D lost this game. They got man-handled. 

And Nagy could never in a million years explain why Howard didn't have 20+ carries today. 

no answer for crying Eli I guess?!? Bears are mutts. beaten a bunch of lesser teams ..only beaten 2 teams at or above .500..Vikings , Seahawks

beat Lions 2x.Jets.bills.Cards.bucs.weakest 8-3 team I've ever seen. overrated.just stop.

golf cap in 5 degree weather Nagy is a too funny. like tomlin with the Mr T starter kit leather coat unzipped, -5 degrees outside.
:yawn:

Well, as I said before, the KC boys (Daniel and Nagy) failed us.  Ten points they shouldn’t have had.

Daniel almost redeemed himself, but the offense was way too sloppy.

Good to see we have comeback moxie and that onside recovery was clutch.  Not sure if any other team has recovered one with the new kickoff rules this year.

Except for Seattle winning, all of the rest of the games fell right for the Bears today. 

Losses

Carolina
Minnesota 
Green Bay

Due to their tie-breakers, the Bears could go 1-3 & still likely make the playoffs.

Schedule doesn't get any easier in the next few weeks. I hope they bounce back strong, a losing streak is a bad look around now.

On the playoffs:

Currently the Bears are up

1.5 on MIN (basically 2)

1 on SEA (2 due to head to head)

2 on CAR (3 due to tie-breakers)

That means if the Bears went 2-2 in their final 4 games: 

- Seattle & Minnesota would have to go 4-0 (impossible b/c they play each other in Week 14)
- Carolina would be out due to tie-breakers.

If the Bears went 1-3: 

- Seattle & Minnesota would still have to go 3-1. 
- Carolina would have to go 4-0. Doubtful w/ 2 games vs NO in their final 4.

Little concerned about this vaunted Chicago D. First Detroit now Eli putting points on the board. Only a couple sacks as well.

LAR up next.

Anthony Miller is a much better receiver than Taylor Gabriel and needs to be getting the targets Gabriel does. Gabriel is dynamic and should absolutely have a role but not a traditional wr role. He hurt us a few times yesterday. 

Little concerned about this vaunted Chicago D. First Detroit now Eli putting points on the board. Only a couple sacks as well.

LAR up next.
Little reason for concern. Just 1 loss with the backup qb and coming off a 5 game win streak and still stretched it to overtime. Giants have some playmakers. Every defense has a bad game.  Fortunately a rough game for the Bears defense is giving up 23 points on a day when the offense did nothing.  I wouldn't call letting  Detroit and Minnesota score 22, 20, and 23 a big deal. None of those games were in doubt and most of the points were garbage time.  The defense hasn't allowed over 24 points since the Dolphins game and leads league in turnovers. They're fine. 

LAR up next.
That was mostly Barkley and the threat of Barkley yesterday. Guy is a monster and there won't be many Ds that can handle him the next few years. 

RBM said:
Anthony Miller is a much better receiver than Taylor Gabriel and needs to be getting the targets Gabriel does. Gabriel is dynamic and should absolutely have a role but not a traditional wr role. He hurt us a few times yesterday. 
Not sure why they haven't figured it out except they are stupid. McCarthy is stupid, it took him over 1/2 the season to figure out A. Jones was the best RB on the team. Gabriel is a gadget guy, send deep and chuck it on 2nd & 1. He should not be getting more looks that Miller or Robinson in any game.

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
Bears and Vikings have combined 8 games left. Bears win the NFCN with 3 of them going their way (Chicago W or Minnesota L).

flapgreen said:
They'll be fine when Mitch is back. 
I hope so. If they lose this week the Packers game looms very large. Yeah, the Packers are bad, but its a pissed off Aaron Rodgers with nothin to lose. I can see a very real path to a decisive game against the Vikings in Minnesota coming off a 1-3 run. And i don't love that.

RBM said:
That was mostly Barkley and the threat of Barkley yesterday. Guy is a monster and there won't be many Ds that can handle him the next few years. 
Well... the playoffs currently lead through some combination of Gurley, Kamara/Ingram, and Elliott. If somebody doesn't teach Eddie Jackson to tackle running backs, its gonna be a real short trip through the playoffs.

Well... the playoffs currently lead through some combination of Gurley, Kamara/Ingram, and Elliott. If somebody doesn't teach Eddie Jackson to tackle running backs, its gonna be a real short trip through the playoffs.
Agreed. He needs to work on this a lot. 

RBM said:
If that's the case I would have expected a lot more from the NYG's offense the whole season.

Outside of the pick six on Thanksgiving, this D seems to have hit a pothole.

If that's the case I would have expected a lot more from the NYG's offense the whole season.

What? They just shut down the Vikings 2 weeks ago. Pick 6 and 3 turnovers.  2 turnovers and a pick 6 on Lions on 4 days rest on Thanksgiving.  3 turnovers and 6 sacks the Lions game before that.   4 turnovers and 2 defensive TDs against the Bills the game before that. I feel like everyone is in a different world. They had a bad game. It happens to the best defenses. 

NFC playoff teams that seem most likely. 

Cowboys, Saints, Rams, Seattle, Bears, Vikings 

Teams left out:

Carolina 6-6. Bears have 2 game lead and tie breaker, so essentially a 3 game lead. 

Philly 6-6. Bears have 2 game lead and almost certainly the tie breaker due to 5 conference losses for Philly, so a 3 game lead. Philly next 3 opponents. Cowboys, Rams, Texans. 

Redskins: 6-6 with Sanchise at qb

That's it. Pretty much only those 3 teams could keep us out of the playoffs.  We're playing for the division the rest of the year. 

It wasn’t a great matchup fantasy wise, Giants have been a DST trap game all season.  

They get yards and TDs, they just lose a lot so they seem like a better matchup than they are.  At least for CBS scoring DST is easily the most matchup dependent spot in your lineup.

Plus the game started with a NY defensive TD so if you started Chicago in my league you lost points for a TD your defense didn’t even allow.

Any site that took away points from the CHI D for that NYG D TD isn’t worth using. ESPN didn’t count it.

Anywho, we battled back and forced OT against expectations (strictly in the context of late in the game down by 10) on the road with a backup QB that had a marginal day (did some good things), so there are some positives to take away.

The D played ok except for some key plays (Fowler’s 1st down, Amukamara failing to cover Shepard on Beckham’s TD throw, Jackson’s missed tackle on Barkley were key.  D started leaking pretty badly late and in OT, even with all the rest the O provided by having the ball.

Have to be much better in order to beat the Rams.  Lions played them pretty tough until the very end.

It wasn’t a great matchup fantasy wise, Giants have been a DST trap game all season.  

They get yards and TDs, they just lose a lot so they seem like a better matchup than they are.  At least for CBS scoring DST is easily the most matchup dependent spot in your lineup.

Plus the game started with a NY defensive TD so if you started Chicago in my league you lost points for a TD your defense didn’t even allow.
For my site it only deducted points for the XP, not the defensive TD. 

• Smile
Reactions: -X-
Bears can beat the Rams. I love that the NFL is pushing LA and McVay because of the offense and new location. Doesn't matter. 

Redskins and Panthers losing big help to the Bears. If Dallas wins this afternoon, all the Bears would need is 1 more win and another Redskins loss to lock up a playoff spot. 

What? They just shut down the Vikings 2 weeks ago. Pick 6 and 3 turnovers.  2 turnovers and a pick 6 on Lions on 4 days rest on Thanksgiving.  3 turnovers and 6 sacks the Lions game before that.   4 turnovers and 2 defensive TDs against the Bills the game before that. I feel like everyone is in a different world. They had a bad game. It happens to the best defenses. 
Told ya

Horrible half for Mitch. Just ugly. 

And I can't even begin to tell you how sick I am of us treating Gabriel like a traditional wr. And a number 1 to boot. It's really hurting the offense. 

HUGE STOP!  What a freaking performance by this D tonight. 

And I was just thinking I have not heard from Hicks tonight. 

Users who are viewing this thread