What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (13 Viewers)

Over the last 9 games (including playoffs), the defense has allowed 11.4 PPG while recording 3.7 sacks per game.

To put that in perspective, the 1985 Bears D allowed 12.4 PPG and 4.0 sacks per game.

• Smile
Reactions: -X-
The schedule gets really really difficult after this game against Oakland. 

It's looking like Daniel will get to start the easy game, then Mitch might be back for week 7 (I'm skeptical). 

If I know Chicago fans, Daniel looking good in a win next week is going to start a QB controversy (if it isn't already started, there is lots of talk already that there is no drop-off going to Daniel) that only gets worse when Mitch comes back and faces very difficult opponents. 

The schedule gets really really difficult after this game against Oakland. 

It's looking like Daniel will get to start the easy game, then Mitch might be back for week 7 (I'm skeptical). 

If I know Chicago fans, Daniel looking good in a win next week is going to start a QB controversy (if it isn't already started, there is lots of talk already that there is no drop-off going to Daniel) that only gets worse when Mitch comes back and faces very difficult opponents. 
This defense is unstoppable. The schedule can get harder. Sure.  They still won't move the ball on this D.  Mitch can take his time coming back. 

This defense is unstoppable. The schedule can get harder. Sure.  They still won't move the ball on this D.  Mitch can take his time coming back. 
It's not unstoppable.  They lost to Green Bay after holding them to 10 points, and the GB defense is not as good as previously thought. 

How many more losses like that is the fan base going to tolerate? 

Coming out of the bye it is:

Saints, Chargers, Eagles, Lions, Rams. 

Then a break with NYG. 

Back into the fire with:

Lions, Cowboys, Packers, Chiefs, Vikings. 

It would be very easy to go 8 and 8 if the ball doesn't bounce right. 

It's not unstoppable.  They lost to Green Bay after holding them to 10 points, and the GB defense is not as good as previously thought. 

How many more losses like that is the fan base going to tolerate? 

Coming out of the bye it is:

Saints, Chargers, Eagles, Lions, Rams. 

Then a break with NYG. 

Back into the fire with:

Lions, Cowboys, Packers, Chiefs, Vikings. 

It would be very easy to go 8 and 8 if the ball doesn't bounce right. 
I've been as pessimistic as any bears fan over the years. It's been bad. But now we have something great going and Bears fans still can't seem to enjoy it. Now we're talking about how many losses like the only loss of the entire season the fan base will tolerate. This is all lunacy to me. 

flapgreen said:
I've been as pessimistic as any bears fan over the years. It's been bad. But now we have something great going and Bears fans still can't seem to enjoy it. Now we're talking about how many losses like the only loss of the entire season the fan base will tolerate. This is all lunacy to me. 
Qb is key. I just don't think Trubisky is it.  Bears need to fill the QB spot faster than not. He shows flashes but never seems to sustain them throughout a game and for that matter a season(inho).  Don't waste a defense that's working.  

Qb is key. I just don't think Trubisky is it.  Bears need to fill the QB spot faster than not. He shows flashes but never seems to sustain them throughout a game and for that matter a season(inho).  Don't waste a defense that's working.  
It's looking very questionable right now for sure. 

flapgreen said:
I'm thinking more along the lines of "are we going to risk missing this defense's window because of QB mistakes? A decent game manager is all we need to contend for the super bowl." 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking more along the lines of "are we going to risk missing this defense's window because of QB mistakes? A decent game manager is all we need to contend for the super bowl." 
I'd trade Rivers to Chicago just to see him with an actual team for once...lol . You all would just have to make sure he gets plenty of Carne Asada tacos and keep the HC well away from him. Automatic Superbowl! YMMV. 

#### decent game managers. We don't actually have to win close tight games in the 4th quarter. Teams are allowed to blow teams out early and dominate the scoreboard. Bears should strive for *that*. Which means more than a game manager.

I have a hard time believing that Mitch is going to be back week 7 after the bye.  Apparently he would need surgery if it were his throwing shoulder, but since it is the non throwing he doesn't?  My concern is that he wasnt looking good when he wasn't playing hurt, and he could injure the non throwing shoulder more seriously.

I have a hard time believing that Mitch is going to be back week 7 after the bye.  Apparently he would need surgery if it were his throwing shoulder, but since it is the non throwing he doesn't?  My concern is that he wasnt looking good when he wasn't playing hurt, and he could injure the non throwing shoulder more seriously.
He'll be back 

I should have known this would happen. As soon as I start to trust the team they come out and embarrass themselves.

Holy #### this is embarrassing. We’re getting the #### kicked out of us by a bad team. 

That is it boys, goodbye to this game, and goodbye to any playoff hopes. You lay down like this, you don’t deserve to go to the playoffs.

Fine with the score since Daniel needs 1:50 to go 50 yards with this playbook. Defense a total joke today, especially the run defense.

Oline is mediocre at best. 

Chase is what we should have assumed he was. 

Raiders arent a bad team. 

Bears will go as far as their defense can take then, meaning being perfect all the time and also scoring points. 

Weve seen this movie before in Chicago. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Mediocre to describe the o line today would be VERY generous. I don’t think the Raiders had a sack coming into this game. They had what 4 today?  Complete F in the running game now all season. Constant penalties. We have no shot with this line. 

Defense didn't show up. It happens. As usual, the offense didn't pick up the slack. Game wasn't even that close. Embarrassing 

team stinks... if you are a good team who wants to win in the playoffs, you win games like those. Great defense, but it will only take you so far.

With the Packers going on the road and winning in Dallas, against a very good Cowboys team. While the Bears lose to a mediocre Raiders team, this kind of let’s us know where these teams stand. The Packers and the Vikings will fight for first in the division. The Bears are no longer in the picture. As well as the Lions have been playing, the Bears will probably finish last in the division. 

team stinks... if you are a good team who wants to win in the playoffs, you win games like those. Great defense, but it will only take you so far.
Great defenses don’t lie down like the Bears did today. There are a good defense, but far from great. They stunk today.

With the Packers going on the road and winning in Dallas, against a very good Cowboys team. While the Bears lose to a mediocre Raiders team, this kind of let’s us know where these teams stand. The Packers and the Vikings will fight for first in the division. The Bears are no longer in the picture. As well as the Lions have been playing, the Bears will probably finish last in the division. 
Good grief.  Bears just dominated the Vikings last week with our backup qb and the Pack lost to a reeling Philly team.   Bears lose a 3 point game in London at the end. Now, all of a sudden, the Bears aren't in the picture at 3-2.  Smh

Users who are viewing this thread