What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (8 Viewers)

1st quarter, 1st pregame thoughts:

-Montgomery banged up on first carry. D Williams looks fast and hungry. Hmm.

- Dalton made bad throws into good coverage twice on 3rd down. My shocked face.

- Bears are bring careful not to ask too much of the Oline. Not much choice.

- Surprisingly heard Robert Quinns name called several times. Unsurprisingly,  none of it was because of anything he did on the football field. 

2nd quarter, 1st preason thoughts:

-Fields looks like rookie. Slow lining up and getting the ball snapped. Thats why they didn't anoint him starter. Give him time to learn the little details.

- There hasnt been a Bears QB in decades that has this kind of arm. 

- I didn't know Jessie James was on the team.  Thats a really nice pickup at a critical position in this offense with suspect depth. Injuries could bring him into the FF conversation.

- Duke Shelly continues to be an improvement over Buster Skrine at nickle.

- Vanilla defense looks vanilla, but fine. Far more interested to see what the more aggressive blitz schemes look like with new DC.

- I dont need to see any more Javon Wims in my lifetime. I'll be 90 and he will still be on the roster.

This game is teaching tape for Fields. He made a couple of good throws on that last drive to get into FG range, including a good throw on the run. 

2nd quarter, 1st preason thoughts:

-Fields looks like rookie. Slow lining up and getting the ball snapped. Thats why they didn't anoint him starter. Give him time to learn the little details.

- There hasnt been a Bears QB in decades that has this kind of arm. 
Mostly agree on Fields so far. I would disagree with decades since that kind of arm though. Cutler absolutely had an elite arm. 

Really looking forward to seeing Khalil Herbert in the 2nd half. He had 2 good plays on that FG drive, breaking multiple tackles to get out of bounds.

I thought Herbert was every bit the rusher that Najee Harris and Travis Etienne were, and better than Trey Sermon. He just showed nothing as a receiver. Probably did as much on that one drive than he did in his entire college career as a receiver. 

I know it's against the backups, but Fields is by far the best player on the field. He's gonna be able to make up for an iffy line, that's obvious

bears fans about to enjoy life for once. 
Looooooong way to go, but in my 39 years no Bears QB has ever made a first impression like that. I hope you're right! 

The quickness in the pocket is special, the arm looks good. Just a question of whether or not he has the mindset and ability to get better. Of course that's a huge question, but let us fanatics have our day, the next decade looks bright. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Pace and Nagy should be fired after Saturday's preseason game.  The Bears have to be the most poorly run franchise in the NFL.  Who could have possibly conceived the idea that the best way to develop the first-round QB who they traded up for would be to give him zero reps with starters?

Is there any other team that has their franchise QB playing in the 4th quarter of a preseason game?  Heck, teams don't even let their primary back-up QB play that long!

It's a clown show.

rschroeder1 said:
Pace and Nagy should be fired after Saturday's preseason game.  The Bears have to be the most poorly run franchise in the NFL.  Who could have possibly conceived the idea that the best way to develop the first-round QB who they traded up for would be to give him zero reps with starters?

Is there any other team that has their franchise QB playing in the 4th quarter of a preseason game?  Heck, teams don't even let their primary back-up QB play that long!

It's a clown show.
Franchise is never going to change. Lame duck coach in Trubisky's first year until he was eventually put into the lineup in a bad situation. Same exact thing again 4 years later. Amazing how these huge organizations make the same mistakes over and over. 

It's a clown show.
🤣 (Lions fan)

Fields against number 2s. he's supposed to look good. he wont when the real games come along. Nagy will be stupid and rush him out in game 1 against the Rams and get him killed.

Nagy..Bears version of Adam Gase. 

Its not great Bob.

The defense had 1 sack, 0 takeaways, gave up 2 TDs over 50 yards, and the Rams had to punt 1 time.

Thats it. Everything that happened in the other phases of the game are beside the point. Bears invested most of their marbles on the defense and the defense is AT BEST average. That means AT BEST your team is average. And this isnt one game, this is basically what we've been seeing for the last season plus.

Its time to recognize that this is officially a rebuild. Whatever aspirations there were to ride an elite defense with a just good enough offense and some good luck... thats just not realistic. 

Eddie Jackson has been the most overrated player in football for years. He’s been terrible going on 2-3 years now.  Secondary overall looked terrible. They didn’t need Kyle Fuller. 

They should have fired Nagy immediately after the game - his play calling was pathetic!  The line play was awful as well but he never adjusted the game plan accordingly. 

I was not a big fan of Trubisky (accuracy, reading defenses) but I always thought that the offensive play calling was not adjusted to his strengths and he wasn't coached correctly. I guess they have not learned anything and want the QB to fit Nagy's system.  I hope they don't ruin Fields because I love the talent.

They should have fired Nagy immediately after the game - his play calling was pathetic!  The line play was awful as well but he never adjusted the game plan accordingly. 

I was not a big fan of Trubisky (accuracy, reading defenses) but I always thought that the offensive play calling was not adjusted to his strengths and he wasn't coached correctly. I guess they have not learned anything and want the QB to fit Nagy's system.  I hope they don't ruin Fields because I love the talent.
Sick of a coach who cannot coach up offensive players - but we are reminded that he was the OC in KC with Mahomes. The GM can follow him also.  The Bears give away too many picks - it affects their depth. 

Came back to play fantasy this year because I was excited to at least follow Justin fields this year, reality is this is going to be a dumpster fire until there is new ownership on down

At least I still got fantasy to follow 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Let's hope and pray ownershiphas a change of heart between now and tomorrow and gets rid of Fox.  Worst season in Bears history finishing with 2 straight blowouts. 
Bears waited a year too long to fire Fox and it only hurt Trubisky. Now, same thing with Nagy and it'll be another wasted year. This franchise will never learn anything. Any meat head fan could run the organization better. 

Bears waited a year too long to fire Fox and it only hurt Trubisky. Now, same thing with Nagy and it'll be another wasted year. This franchise will never learn anything. Any meat head fan could run the organization better. 
Ive never understood the rush to get rookie qbs out there playing.  Talent or not it takes time to figure out everything.  How to practice, how to review film, how to lead a locker room etc.  How many qbs have the jets killed by trotting them out too early.  Letting Fields sit and watch instead of getting sacked 10 times seems to be like the better option.

Ive never understood the rush to get rookie qbs out there playing.  Talent or not it takes time to figure out everything.  How to practice, how to review film, how to lead a locker room etc.  How many qbs have the jets killed by trotting them out too early.  Letting Fields sit and watch instead of getting sacked 10 times seems to be like the better option.
I agree with you about waiting for him to develop but what their game plan amounted to abuse for Fields. I watched a clip of NFL analysts breaking down what the Bears did wrong. Not only did they do nothing to help the protection but they allowed the TE to go one on one with Myles Garrett. Needless to say Kmet couldn't stop him and it accounted for 1 of his 4 1/2 sacks. 

If you don't watch the Bears regularly you don't understand how bad a play caller Nagy has been. They have also completely neglected the offensive line and drafted a player with a history of back injuries. I didn't know that at the time of the draft but the last time they did this was when they drafted Gabe Carimi in the first round. I hope this pick isn't as big a bust as that one was.  

Sick of a coach who cannot coach up offensive players - but we are reminded that he was the OC in KC with Mahomes. The GM can follow him also.  The Bears give away too many picks - it affects their depth. 
I agree about the GM but I want the coach gone immediately because he is going to ruin Fields. I think Andy Reid/Mahomes had a lot more to do with his success in KC. He can't seem to adapt to the talent he has - instead he expects them to adapt to his system which might not adhere to their strengths. As I just mentioned in the other thread - the neglect that they have given the offensive line deserves firing as well but I just want to make it through the season without destroying Justin's confidence. 

Well Nagy had to admit Lazor took back over play calling and the offense looked way better. How can a buffoon like Nagy keep his job. This franchise is miserable 

Well Nagy had to admit Lazor took back over play calling and the offense looked way better. How can a buffoon like Nagy keep his job. This franchise is miserable 
Step 1: Trade Dalton now to a QB needy team (not Foles) and start Fields the rest of the year

Step 2: Fire Pace

Step 3: Fire Nagy as soon as a new GM is hired

Easy. 1-2-3.

3nOut said:
Step 1: Trade Dalton now to a QB needy team (not Foles) and start Fields the rest of the year

Step 2: Fire Pace

Step 3: Fire Nagy as soon as a new GM is hired

Easy. 1-2-3.
To anyone with a brain, yes. To the Bears, they'll ride out another losing season keeping their coach and GM one season or more too long and then hire more idiots.  There's really no incentive to winning for owners.  They'll make a ton of money either way 

Matt Nagy on the Bears QB situation this week: "We’ve gotta see where Andy’s at health-wise. … When Andy’s healthy, he’s our starter. … Honestly the next two days will be revealing to us."

:lmao:

I don't think any differently about what this team is after that, but it was really good to see Fields make some big plays. Some of those deep throws were really nice and right on target, and I loved the move he put on that blitzer.

I didn't get to see pre season (not local and no NFLN) so this was the first time I was able to see what we may have, and it was exciting.

He was pained to have to admit that. And he even gave himself credit for making that decision. He’s gone from a good guy who’s a bad coach to just an overall turd that sets the franchise back every week he’s on the sideline. 

Sunday, October 24, 1999.

22 years to the day this Sunday. Who could forget this memorable game? I was there. The only Bears game I ever attended live, in person. Tampa Bay at Chicago Bears. What? You don’t remember this exciting game? Final score? 

Chicago Bears 6
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 3

Not ONE touchdown the entire game. Ugh.

3nOut said:
Sunday, October 24, 1999.

22 years to the day this Sunday. Who could forget this memorable game? I was there. The only Bears game I ever attended live, in person. Tampa Bay at Chicago Bears. What? You don’t remember this exciting game? Final score? 

Chicago Bears 6
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 3

Not ONE touchdown the entire game. Ugh.
Pretty much the same team 22 years later 

Giving up 13 to the Bucs this week who have a ton of guys out. Bucs 2-4 against the spread. My money is on the Bears who’ve won 3 in a row against TB. I’ll be at the game and hope I don’t have to witness the Fields breakout. Hope it’s a good one. 

Giving up 13 to the Bucs this week who have a ton of guys out. Bucs 2-4 against the spread. My money is on the Bears who’ve won 3 in a row against TB. I’ll be at the game and hope I don’t have to witness the Fields breakout. Hope it’s a good one. 
This kind of thinking fascinates me. What were the dates of those three games?

Users who are viewing this thread