What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (9 Viewers)

The addition of Cohen makes this offense so much more explosive and fun to watch. Can't wait till they get a standout WR again to go with it. 

I think the Bears are going to be better then most people think.  Two drops that should've been TDs at the end cost them the game. Glennon played decent. 

I think the Bears are going to be better then most people think.  Two drops that should've been TDs at the end cost them the game. Glennon played decent. 
Glennon played his game. He didn't cost them the game which is what you want from him. They don't have any real downfield threat and are dependent on match-up and/or coaching. They have very few playmakers .

Last edited by a moderator:
Said this week's ago. They're a good coach and qb away from being a very good team. Top 10 D! 

After watching this game, there's even less doubt in my mind Trubisky could run this offense better.  Obvious as can be. 
Based on the OL play, you are going to get your wish. Glennon will probably get hurt. But, you'll also get to see Sanchez after Trubisky is hurt. 

Posted this in player thread, too. 

Bears WR Kevin White left the facility with his shoulder wrapped, arm in a sling, while holding his wrist with this non-injured hand.

If you think Glennon played well because he had a couple good drives and he didn't turn the ball over, you might be a Bears fan. It's hard to recognize there's so much more to having a great qb when you've been through what the Bears have for decades.  Bears win this game with Trubisky. 

If you think Glennon played well because he had a couple good drives and he didn't turn the ball over, you might be a Bears fan. It's hard to recognize there's so much more to having a great qb when you've been through what the Bears have for decades.  Bears win this game with Trubisky. 
I say this in the nicest possible way, but you are delusional. I think trubisky will be the better QB, but a blanket statement like that is just dumb. If you don't think trubisky is going to have his share of rookie mistakes, you are kidding yourself. Just be realistic. When he goes in there will be problems also. You were excited about Watson, and he had one pick with another called back. It's not going to be all green when we change qbs, especially if the ol doesn't play better.

Last edited by a moderator:
:deadhorse:

I say this in the nicest possible way, but you are delusional. I think trubisky will be the better QB, but a blanket statement like that is just dumb. If you don't think trubisky is going to have his share of rookie mistakes, you are kidding yourself. Just be realistic. When he goes in there will be problems also. You were excited about Watson, and he had one pick with another called back. It's not going to be all green when we change qbs, especially if the ol doesn't play better.
What part is delusional? 

What part is delusional? 
It's easy to assume that the unknown is better than what we have. There's no way to prove you wrong until you get your way. The best analogy I can give is that a lot of marriages end this way. Someone thinks that they would be happier with another partner, only to realize they were wrong. 

Schrodinger's cat is another analogy. 

To be fair, Howard needs to catch that ball at the 1.  Giraffe put it right on him.  No excuse for taking his eye off the ball.

It's easy to assume that the unknown is better than what we have. There's no way to prove you wrong until you get your way. The best analogy I can give is that a lot of marriages end this way. Someone thinks that they would be happier with another partner, only to realize they were wrong. 

Schrodinger's cat is another analogy. 
How is it unknown? I think there's no way to prove you wrong either. No matter how bad Glennon plays or how many games the Bears lose, it's the OL or wrs or whatever. Excuses already being made for him.  If Trubisky comes in and just sucks it up worse than Glennon, I'll be the first to be in here saying he wasn't ready and I was wrong. 

i think it would be completely different, just like the houston game. When the put watson in, it instantly got more exciting. Less sacks, he moved around, but you also started to get the miscommunications and ints. In the end they got 7 points out of it.

He may have done the same, to say he would have won that game, no.

He probably would have thrown an interception, as do all rookies. 
So you do think Trubisky would've played as bad or worse than Glennon. Whenever Mitchell does play, I'll revisit this and admit to being dead wrong on saying he gives us the best chance to win. But that won't happen, because he's already better than Glennon. ST played great. Defense played mostly great. Running game was good when they actually ran it.  But still, can't fall on qb. Has to be OL, WRs etc. It's the qb. Deal with it. 

How is it unknown? I think there's no way to prove you wrong either. No matter how bad Glennon plays or how many games the Bears lose, it's the OL or wrs or whatever. Excuses already being made for him.  If Trubisky comes in and just sucks it up worse than Glennon, I'll be the first to be in here saying he wasn't ready and I was wrong. 
What are you basing your decision on? His preseason stats? Trubisky had a 68% completion rate. Glennon had the same this game. I'm just not sure that it makes sense to say Trubisky would have won that game. There would be some things he may have done well (moving in the pocket, scrambling) but there would certainly be negatives that you are not taking into account. 

i think we'll need to take our new qb lumps sometime this season, i just think it's fine to wait a bit and let him learn the week to week stuff of the nfl before we do. I don't think starting him makes us instantly better.

So you do think Trubisky would've played as bad or worse than Glennon. Whenever Mitchell does play, I'll revisit this and admit to being dead wrong on saying he gives us the best chance to win. But that won't happen, because he's already better than Glennon. ST played great. Defense played mostly great. Running game was good when they actually ran it.  But still, can't fall on qb. Has to be OL, WRs etc. It's the qb. Deal with it.
:lmao:

Don't have to Glennon is the starter. Seems like you have to deal with it. 

So you do think Trubisky would've played as bad or worse than Glennon. Whenever Mitchell does play, I'll revisit this and admit to being dead wrong on saying he gives us the best chance to win. But that won't happen, because he's already better than Glennon. ST played great. Defense played mostly great. Running game was good when they actually ran it.  But still, can't fall on qb. Has to be OL, WRs etc. It's the qb. Deal with it. 
it's all 3, glennon is a mediocre QB, our ol was below average on pass blocking and our wr's blow nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread