What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (6 Viewers)

Long and Unrein to IR today.  I don't think Long should have even been on the roster this season until he had that shoulder fixed and the ankle was healthy, which I don't think it was.

Man, anyone left to play?

Didn't see the game, so really baffled at how bottled up Howard seemed to be by one of the worst rushing Ds in the league. 

It's one of those games where the game script seemed to be in Howard's favor -- no huge 49er lead leading to the abandonment of the run -- and while 13 carries isn't bad, the 38 yards is (as is the entire team rush total of 62 yards.

Howard has been largely dependable, but this makes me really nervous -- FBG's calling Howard someone you should bench unless of emergency doesn't help either.

Do the Bears faithful here really think Howard (and other Bears offensive players like Cohen, Inman, Shaheen, etc.) are complete write-offs for the fantasy playoffs?

Didn't see the game, so really baffled at how bottled up Howard seemed to be by one of the worst rushing Ds in the league. 

It's one of those games where the game script seemed to be in Howard's favor -- no huge 49er lead leading to the abandonment of the run -- and while 13 carries isn't bad, the 38 yards is (as is the entire team rush total of 62 yards.

Howard has been largely dependable, but this makes me really nervous -- FBG's calling Howard someone you should bench unless of emergency doesn't help either.

Do the Bears faithful here really think Howard (and other Bears offensive players like Cohen, Inman, Shaheen, etc.) are complete write-offs for the fantasy playoffs?

I'd like to know this too.  He's been pretty solid or better but this was tragic to post that stat line against this D.

I wouldn't dare take a chance on a Bear in the playoffs. The team is in shambles. Now, Long is out for the year, too. 

Not to far away from needing 2 more guards. 

Kyle Long turned 29 today. His best season was probably 2014, which is a long way back now. He's headed to I.R. again with no promises that he can get his body back to where it needs to be for him to dominate.

Long and Unrein to IR today.  I don't think Long should have even been on the roster this season until he had that shoulder fixed and the ankle was healthy, which I don't think it was.

Man, anyone left to play?
They should send Fox and Loggains to IR.

Howard is looking more and more like a plodder, no juking or fighting to break tackles.  He looks like he's trying to be like Bell from Pittsburgh, but shows zero burst when a hole appears (which isn't often, lately).

I wouldn't dare take a chance on a Bear in the playoffs. The team is in shambles. Now, Long is out for the year, too. 
I threw Inman in my lineup at a flex which helped me get a win last week.

A.J. Green and especially Demaryius Thomas have been garbage this year, except for a couple of good games each.  Diggs was great until his groin injury killed him and Fuller V was money until Watson went down.

My fantasy team underachieved just like the Bears, but I digress.

They should send Fox and Loggains to IR.

Howard is looking more and more like a plodder, no juking or fighting to break tackles.  He looks like he's trying to be like Bell from Pittsburgh, but shows zero burst when a hole appears (which isn't often, lately).
He's playing with a bad shoulder.

Not to far away from needing 2 more guards. 

Kyle Long turned 29 today. His best season was probably 2014, which is a long way back now. He's headed to I.R. again with no promises that he can get his body back to where it needs to be for him to dominate.
Guard is one of my mid level desires for this year's draft, 3rd/4th round type player.  Hard to rely on either of those guys long term and we need to start some replacements.  The other guy on IR may be an option too.  Cut Grassu and draft an actual guard.

#Bears rookie tight end Adam Shaheen still not ready for a larger role, offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains says 

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Idiot JUST said 2 weeks ago that his role would grow and that he wouldn't lose snaps to Sims when he came back. Lost season and this is what they're doing. I'm convinced that they're all drunks and on too many prescription drugs. Only explanation. 

The Bears currently rank last in total yards per game (275.8), passing yards per game (160.3) and first downs (188). The Bears rank 30th in scoring at 15.9 points and 28th in passing touchdowns with 11.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Draft offensive linemen until you have a cohesive unit. Fix the o-line through the draft and through free agency. With injuries being one of the biggest problems each year, you need to be 3 deep at every position there. Once the o-line is top 5, the passing and running game will take care of itself. Defense is nice, but this is a scoring league.

The Bears currently rank last in total yards per game (275.8), passing yards per game (160.3) and first downs (188). The Bears rank 30th in scoring at 15.9 points and 28th in passing touchdowns with 11.
CHI is one of the few teams who I fast forward through when I'm watching condensed film. I'd rather stab my eyes out with a fork.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Draft offensive linemen until you have a cohesive unit. Fix the o-line through the draft and through free agency. With injuries being one of the biggest problems each year, you need to be 3 deep at every position there. Once the o-line is top 5, the passing and running game will take care of itself. Defense is nice, but this is a scoring league.
Worked nicely for Dallas. They got other issues but their OL is rock solid.

No way around it. Fox is purposely trying to sabotage the team on his way out to get at Pace. No coach would act this way. 

BassNBrew said:
Exactly how it was in Carolina with Gettleman and Richardson.  Media would whine about it when we we're losing and not mention it when we were winning.  Some guys just aren't attention seekers and let the coaches and players engage the media.
Except that's not what's happening. Along with the McCaskeys, Pace is hiding out and making Fox deal with it.  There's no reason for the GM or owners to make themselves available when the team is successful.  They most definitely should be available when the team has floundered for the last 5 years, most recently after telling everyone to trust the process blah blah blah.  Now, they're hiding out. Have some guts and face the heat. Cowards 

Kinda bummed about today. Was planning on making the 4 hour trip to Cincinnati when I saw the schedule earlier in the year.  There's no way I'm spending my time and money on this #### show.

Bears with 250+ yards of offense in the first half.  They are finally calling plays to fit Trubador's skillset.  Getting the ball to Shaheen, who nearly had a TD (ball was slightly behind).

33-7.

482 offensive yards.

29 first downs.

0 offensive turnovers.

Unreal.

...Get Trub weapons, he's the real deal, been obvious he has "it" since the preseason. He's going to cover up the organisations stink, and soon. Because of him, the future is very very bright for the Bears. 

Bears have all the pieces, talent wise.  Could use as stud receiver but even there I don't know if that's a must have.  Could live with developing what they have.

Pace needs to stay imo.  He's earned it.

But the coaching staff should get the hook.  The only thing I'd add is that I think I'd still take Fox and crew over an unproven commodity at head coach.  Would you rather have someone with proven talent than another gamble at head coach?  Chuckie interested in coming back to coaching at all?

I don't think the McCaskey's would ever go for it but what about Lovie coming back?  That would be interesting.  I know they've retooled the defense but heck I saw more 4-3 sets today than 3-4.  Then again, he was brutal for the offense.  Maybe bring him back as a Def Coordinator after Illinois fires him.

Lift the Curse of Lovie! lol

Who else?

Bears have all the pieces, talent wise.  Could use as stud receiver but even there I don't know if that's a must have.  Could live with developing what they have.

But the coaching staff should get the hook.  The only thing I'd add is that I think I'd still take Fox and crew over an unproven commodity at head coach.  Would you rather have someone with proven talent than another gamble at head coach?  Chuckie interested in coming back to coaching at all?

I don't think the McCaskey's would ever go for it but what about Lovie coming back?  That would be interesting.  I know they've retooled the defense but heck I saw more 4-3 sets today than 3-4.  Then again, he was brutal for the offense.  Maybe bring him back as a Def Coordinator after Illinois fires him.

Who else?
I want a guy like McDaniels or Frank Reich that knows how to coach a young qb. 

Who else?
Is this schtick? 

Who else?
Is this schtick? 
Stockholm Syndrome.

Users who are viewing this thread