Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles and Eberflus

44 minutes ago, The Tick said:

Of course because it will be the same idiot making the final decision until Pace gets the axe also.  Keep hearing that they want to give Pace the Ted Philips treatment and adopt him and move him into upper management, he'd be the new football executive.  I have no clue how you can watch his teams not compete for most of the 7 years he's been here and even consider doing that.

At least Pace has a football background - Phillips knew pretty nothing about football when he started working for the Bears. I am sure the organization loves Phillips because they have made a ton of money since he became their president. 

On 11/18/2021 at 9:08 AM, Leroy Hoard said:

Is Fields ready to take the next step? Seems to have improved his last couple of games.

It looks like he is developing but I don't have a lot of trust in this regime so he may be inconsistent. Definitely worth a roster stash.

6 minutes ago, The Tick said:

Makes it winnable, but kinda disappointed we don't get to see Jackson today, guy is just fun to watch play football.

Bears really better win this without him playing or it's gonna be kinda pathetic...

They are already pathetic :) 

• Laughing 1

On 11/8/2021 at 10:06 PM, Sunday Gravy said:

Realize we have a lot of needs. O line, corner, safety, D line. But I'm starting to think a big time WR is rising up my list. Fields needs a go to guy he can lean on. Big target type of guy. 

This again…. Big time. It’s glaring today. Mooney is not a number one guy. 

On 1/12/2021 at 6:48 PM, flapgreen said:

Pagano retired/fired. Pace and Nagy back. So predictable. I needed more time to myself next fall anyway. This team won't get a minute of my time. 

This has actually been a good thing for me. I've watched a total of 15 minutes of Bears football this year, because I knew exactly how it would go. Awesome 

Reports that Matt Nagy has been told he will be fired after the Thanksgiving game.  Nothing confirmed yet.

That's half way there, now Bears management needs to get rid of Ryan Pace and just start over again.  He didn't work, most of his top picks didn't work, his FA signings were questionable, and his teams didn't win.

I have no clue if the next guy will be any better because it's the same guys that hired the last two, but they've got to get lucky some time, and maybe they learn a thing or two with their mistakes....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Team Chaos said:

Now they are saying that George met with the team and said they are not firing Nagy. This organization is a well oiled machine. I finally stopped watching the games a few weeks ago. It’s so frustrating being a Bears fan. 

Not giving your time up for this team is very liberating. They're worthless 

• flapgreen changed the title to ***Chicago Bears Thread*** I hate this team.
On 11/28/2021 at 9:55 AM, barackdhouse said:

I was trying to explain to my wife that they beat a team that is now 0-10-1 and had to do it on a last minute FG. 

I think Nagy said something like this win means more to us than you know.

Um. I guess so. Anyway put me squarely in Camp "let Fields develop out there once his ribs are ok enough". 

I still can't believe this same scenario happened with the Ravens and the game should have been over when the kicked it :). Of course they were not 0-10-1 at that point of the season. 

I bet you Nagy thinks Dalton is the future of the franchise.

• 3 weeks later...
  • flapgreen changed the title to ***Chicago Bears Thread*** No one cares
  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

Bears fired Matt Nagy this morning.  One year too late. Now, they need to do the same with Pace's sorry ###

According to Schefter, done.  Exactly right with the one year too late.  Last year was a clean slate, no starting QB on the roster, all draft picks in place, they late Pace go one year too long.  Some GMs would probably have a top 10 pick this year rather than Fields.

They've gotten some good people in for interviews in the last couple hiring's, so maybe they can get lucky and hire the correct on this time.

Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero

The #Bears requested an interview with #Bills DC Leslie Frazier for their head coaching job, per source.

Has to be to get the Rooney rule out of the way. They cant seriously think he's the guy....can they? 

1 hour ago, flapgreen said:

Sweaty Teddy involved in the hiring process again, and now freaking Bill Polian! Same #### different day for these turds 

Would you feel much better if George said he was doing it all by himself?  That's never going to happen, so Ted will always be involved in hiring the Top Football guy, whatever that position is.

1 hour ago, The Tick said:

Would you feel much better if George said he was doing it all by himself?  That's never going to happen, so Ted will always be involved in hiring the Top Football guy, whatever that position is.

Their track record is amazing so I trust them to do the right thing. They will probably ask Pace and Nagy for their advice on who the next coach should be.

• Thinking 1

• flapgreen changed the title to ***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles and Eberflus