Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles and Eberflus

1 hour ago, InDitkaWeTrust said:

I see this off-season as cap reconciliation, removal of dead weight guys and prepping for 2023.  The previous establishment tried to build a contender out of a very mediocre team and some of the current contracts show that. I think Poles is working towards having a contender built by the time Fields hits the end of his rookie contract. 

I’m sure you are right, but it’s really not much fun as a fan. 😂

2 hours ago, Team Chaos said:

I’m sure you are right, but it’s really not much fun as a fan. 😂

No doubt. I expect it to be a lean few years, but if Fields can survive and excel, there are good times ahead. He's got some tough ojt coming this year and next. 

• 4 weeks later...

Man flap, the guy hasn't made a single pick as GM yet and you're already being negative. What would you have like for him to do? It almost seems as you are willing every Bears FO to blow it. It's not as if the Bears we're going to be highly competitive this year. You're smarter than that. Give the guy at least two off seasons before you skewer him.

35 minutes ago, 3nOut said:

Man flap, the guy hasn't made a single pick as GM yet and you're already being negative. What would you have like for him to do? It almost seems as you are willing every Bears FO to blow it. It's not as if the Bears we're going to be highly competitive this year. You're smarter than that. Give the guy at least two off seasons before you skewer him.

His first off-season has been a joke. The offensive side of the ball actually got worse around his 2nd year qb. He's done practically nothing. Nothing could be done about not having a first round pick tonight, but the last 3 months is a different story. It seriously looks like he's trying to intentionally tank. 

16 hours ago, flapgreen said:

His first off-season has been a joke. The offensive side of the ball actually got worse around his 2nd year qb. He's done practically nothing. Nothing could be done about not having a first round pick tonight, but the last 3 months is a different story. It seriously looks like he's trying to intentionally tank. 

I don’t think he’s trying to tank but I think he’s trying to be prudent and set us up to make a bigger splash next year. They weren’t going to win this year anyway and spending big money on nobody’s only hurts us next year. FA isn’t over yet either. There might still be some signings after the draft. Personally I’d like to see Julio Jones here for a few years to help coach up the WRs and Fields. 

1 hour ago, 3nOut said:

I don’t think he’s trying to tank but I think he’s trying to be prudent and set us up to make a bigger splash next year. They weren’t going to win this year anyway and spending big money on nobody’s only hurts us next year. FA isn’t over yet either. There might still be some signings after the draft. Personally I’d like to see Julio Jones here for a few years to help coach up the WRs and Fields. 

I think he could've been much more effective without sacrificing for the future in this off-season. The offensive talent has actually gotten even worse. No idea what they're planning on doing on offense, but they have no players to carry any type of plan out with. Hopefully, they'll make some big moves tonight. 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, InDitkaWeTrust said:

Pickens falls into our lap at 48 and we take a Safety. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. 

Yep. Some things never change. 

Edited by flapgreen

38 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

Nothing better than taking a 25 year old receiver with your first offensive pick. Killing it, fellas. Next stop, Super Bowl! 

Cooper Kupp was 24 in his rookie season.

Jones would be age 29 at the start of his second contract.  There's nothing bad about that.

If we're worried about a third contract....then he's a great success.

1 hour ago, rschroeder1 said:

Cooper Kupp was 24 in his rookie season.

Jones would be age 29 at the start of his second contract.  There's nothing bad about that.

If we're worried about a third contract....then he's a great success.

Are you serious with this? 

10 hours ago, flapgreen said:

Are you serious with this? 

Yes.

The narrative among non football people is that Jones was overdrafted. Ok, let's say that's true.

If he's so unlikely to be successful then, what does it matter what his age is?

3 hours ago, rschroeder1 said:

Yes.

The narrative among non football people is that Jones was overdrafted. Ok, let's say that's true.

If he's so unlikely to be successful then, what does it matter what his age is?

Narrative among non football people? Huuuh. He's a gadget player who they reached on who is also older and is a terrible route runner that did very little in college. What's hard to understand about that? He has nothing in common with Cupp, except age.