What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (17 Viewers)

At this point I'm guessing Roquan Smith's season is going to be half shot.  I don't see him coming into camp any time soon.  It looks like other teams, including the Bills with their linebacker, have removed the contract language that Smith's side has issues with, but I guess the Bears are digging in on this.  As he's already missed 2 weeks with no one budging, I'm not sure we see him signed until the regular season is about to start.  Off season was looking so smooth and competant, but we still managed to Bears it up a bit.

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
Latest on that is the Bears actually agreed to not pull guaranteed money due to helmet rule suspensions.  CAA apparently is now pushing for off-field suspensions having no impact on guaranteed money.  I’d balk at that, too.

Edmunds looks great and mature beyond his years, according to multiple sources, including Bills coaches & peers.  A few years younger to boot.  Oh, well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every time I look Mitch is getting picked off. So worried Andy Dalton is this kids ceiling. 

Idiot and such a Bears thing. 

Roquan Smith's contract impasse with the #Bears is over a behavior clause — and not the NFL's new helmet contact rule, the Tribune has learned. 

If Miller accomplishes what I think he can, people will look back at this draft and wonder how he wasn't picked in the 1st round.

• Smile
Reactions: -X-
Man, first drive and the Bears are already in regular season form!

Yes, I know it's pre season and doesn't matter. Still amusing.

BS helmet rule call on Orr.  Helmet didn’t lower.  Stupid rule that will be called incorrectly and inconsistently.

Ayers making some plays.

No-call helmet rule hit on Bray at the end.

Wims made some nice catches after an early drop.

Yes, the game result doesn’t matter, but need to get into a winning mentality.  The 2-pt conversion attempt was not even close.

Loved the play calling so much more compared to Fox/Loggains.  Was happy to see them go for two at the end of the game.
I’m afraid that has more to do with avoiding preseason OT than being a sign of better coaching,  Even Jeff Fisher would go for two there...

• Smile
Man, I thought Url’s HoF speech was long...  Reverend Ray’s sermon was far too lengthy.

Offense has looked very sloppy but none of the major weapons have been used any. I won't get worried until the last pre-season game the starters play. 

flapgreen said:
Hey Flap!!!!  Looks to me that if Mitch takes the next step(by 50%) in improvement that the Bears are relevant again.   I always like your take as you hold nothing back; good or bad.

Hey Flap!!!!  Looks to me that if Mitch takes the next step(by 50%) in improvement that the Bears are relevant again.   I always like your take as you hold nothing back; good or bad.
I'm cautiously optimistic.  Mitchell had the absolute worst receiving core and worst offensive coaching staff in the league last year and was still far from bad as a rookie.  Sadly, they play in the toughest division in football and it will be an uphill battle to make the playoffs. I still think they're a year away.  The lack of an additional pass rusher and depth at OT could come back to bite them big time this year. 

Offense has looked very sloppy but none of the major weapons have been used any. I won't get worried until the last pre-season game the starters play. 
Only worry right now is that base defenses are getting too much pressure.  That OLine needs to come together.  Really like to see better protection during preseason when they are just doing basic rushing usually.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter

Bears and first-round pick Roquan Smith working to put finishing touches on agreement and have deal done by end of day, per source. Holdout looks to be coming to an end shortly.

Finally have a deal done with Smith.

FollowingFollowing @AdamSchefter

More

Bears are giving LB Roquan Smith a four-year, guaranteed $18 million slotted deal, per the CBA. Deal should include about $11 million in form of bonuses.

1:40 PM - 13 Aug 2018

Finally have a deal done with Smith.

FollowingFollowing @AdamSchefter

More

Bears are giving LB Roquan Smith a four-year, guaranteed $18 million slotted deal, per the CBA. Deal should include about $11 million in form of bonuses.

1:40 PM - 13 Aug 2018
I'm assuming the contract language Smith's agent was looking for was included? 

About time...

Figured I <3 Guinness would’ve made a token appearance by now.

One of these years he’ll be right.  Maybe...

Haven’t heard any info on that yet. I’m sure we’ll hear more soon. 
Looks like there were agreements made, only a 3 or more game suspension for infractions during the play or 2 or more game suspension from infractions after the whistle can be used to void future guarantee.  Some other compromises in there too.

• Smile
Check this out

A reporter brought up to Matt Nagy how Mitch Trubisky continues to throw the ball deep instead of checking down.

Nagy’s response: "Yeah, that's never going to stop. Not in this offense.” 

Trey Burton getting a lot of action tonight - looks good. 

Also a nice catch by A Miller. 

Even Kevin White got a long pass interference call, who knew.

Check this out

A reporter brought up to Matt Nagy how Mitch Trubisky continues to throw the ball deep instead of checking down.

Nagy’s response: "Yeah, that's never going to stop. Not in this offense.” 
I havent followed the bears this offseason or Nagy or his offense but what exactly does he mean by this?

Chicago Bears‏Verified account @ChicagoBears

FollowingFollowing @ChicagoBears

More

Coach Nagy confirms Leonard Floyd has a fracture in his right hand, had a successful surgery yesterday and is optimistic he could play through it Week 1.

10:07 AM - 20 Aug 2018

Becoming evident that we're never going to be able to depend on Floyd to play 16 games and be consistent when he does play. Bears need to make some serious moves at OLB

Kevin White sighting with the easy TD catch!  No Bears starters playing today, which the pundits said is controversial, but I like it.  Don’t need any starters getting injured.

If our scrubs can hang with the Chiefs starters, all the better.

Sure not looking good. Pace went above and beyond replacing him. 
I'm trying to think of the last time I've been this excited about the Bears receiver corp dept as it relates to youth, flexibility and QB with upside. 

Maybe when McMahon was still under center. (I'm showing my age)

I'm trying to think of the last time I've been this excited about the Bears receiver corp dept as it relates to youth, flexibility and QB with upside. 

Maybe when McMahon was still under center. (I'm showing my age)
I feel exactly the same. It's strange. 

Kevin White sighting with the easy TD catch!  No Bears starters playing today, which the pundits said is controversial, but I like it.  Don’t need any starters getting injured.

If our scrubs can hang with the Chiefs starters, all the better.
I'm with the pundits. They have a QB who hasn't started 2 full seasons since HS. He needs every snap he can get.

Users who are viewing this thread