What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (9 Viewers)

How do you feel about Alshon now?
Alshon who?  Wims right now has better body control, evasiveness and burst than Alshon ever did.  Hands are a wash.

If he spends some time in the weight room working further on his explosiveness and long speed, he could be Moss-like.

Last edited by a moderator:
-X- said:
Alshon who?  Wims right now has better body control, evasiveness and burst than Alshon ever did.  Hands are a wash.

If he spends some time in the weight room working further on his explosiveness and long speed, he could be Moss-like.
Pump the brakes. 7th round pick had two great pre-season games. Comparisons to Randy Moss may be premature.

I don't feel strongly one way of the other that theyre keeping Trubisky off the field these last two weeks. After the injury scares in game 2, I can appreciate the idea that the Bears offense is going to show up healthy and intact game 1, regular season, and to hell with preseason 'this is kinda real kinda not' craziness. Yeah he needs the snaps, but i think its debatable how useful preseason snaps are.

That being said, I think the Trubisky honeymoon window with the fans and pundits is a lot smaller than it appears. Its not that he needs to go out and put up elite stats and win 12 games, but he has to start showing something more than just the occasional flash. If we see 2 or 3 games of 'meh', now that he has had the whole offseason of prep and all these new weapons, the heat is going to turn up REAL fast.

Maybe i have a selective memory, but I cant think of many elite QBs that started out really mediocre for two seasons and then flourished into a gamebreaker (im sure there are examples). At this point in his development, I'd rather see a bunch of Ints but also a bunch of big plays down the field, rather than a sub 60% completion percentage but reasonable turnover numbers. It seems like Nagy thinks that too, but we will see.

mbuehner said:
Pump the brakes. 7th round pick had two great pre-season games. Comparisons to Randy Moss may be premature.
I said could be.  Potential.  I’ve seen enough of Wims to compare against what we all saw of Alshon for several years.

Watch Wims closely when he catches the ball.  He has a very quick transition time from catcher to runner.  Alshon took forever to become a runner after a catch and always seemed to be off-balance.  

Wims just needs to develop that overdrive gear.  He’d better not get cut.  No way he makes it to the practice squad.

Miller and Wims are gonna tear it up.  Robinson is still an unknown quantity due to his ACL recovery, Turbo will still be the gadget guy and White will probably get injured again (just an unlucky dude).  Then you have Burton, Howard and Cohen?

As long as Trubador has sharpened up enough from when the staff was having him experiment a lot (leading to INTs) early, this offense is going to surprise a lot of teams.

So get Khalil Mack already.  Let’s do this.

I’m really liking how Nagy is looking ahead to GB and making that their sole focus.  He seems to actually respect the rivalry and understands its importance.

Season’s almost here and yes, I’m getting fired up.

Shock the world.

Bears are really hurting at pass rusher. Floyd is banged up, per usual, and they have nothing else. Swing for the fences with Mack while you have the cap space or you're screwed.

• Smile
Reactions: -X-
Saints released a couple of young 3-4ish pass rushers that Pace might be interested in, according to SM via B/R.

-Jayrone Elliott

-Hau’oli Kikaha (huge injury risk - 3 torn ACLs)

-George Johnson also mentioned

Pace working in the shadows again, fellas. 

Albert Breer: One team that other teams are keeping a close eye on in the Khalil Mack trade talks: The Chicago Bears. They’ve been quiet, but they have attractive capital.

Sources to ESPN: Raiders and Bears have an agreement in place to trade Khalil Mack to Chicago. Still working through it, but Raiders now planning to send Mack to Chicago.

7:39 AM · Sep 1, 2018

• Smile
Reactions: -X-
According to NFL.com, the Bears were given permission to start negotiating a contract with Mack on Friday and have been working hard to hammer something out. Mack's camp will almost certainly be shooting for a deal that's similar to the one that the Rams gave Aaron Donald on Friday and it sounds like that's what he's going to get. 

The Bears defensive core now includes: 
* Khalil Mack
* Roquan Smith
* Akiem Hicks
* Leonard Floyd 
* Kyle Fuller
* Adrian Amos
* Eddie Jackson
* Danny Trevathan

For now

What a great dream to wake up to!

Was just gonna see if we started cutting anyone and BOOOOOOOOOM!

...and the Bears game is on NFLN right now.  Sometimes life IS stranger than fiction.

Users who are viewing this thread