What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (7 Viewers)

I don't think you can overstate Macks impact on this defense. Hes the missing piece. People forget how disruptive Akeem Hicks has been, and half the time he's been the only real threat on that line. Now offenses are going to have to pick their poisons. And if Floyd can stay on the field... there is just no way you can scheme with blocking against 3 pass rushers like that. This should be something very special.

I don't think you can overstate Macks impact on this defense. Hes the missing piece. People forget how disruptive Akeem Hicks has been, and half the time he's been the only real threat on that line. Now offenses are going to have to pick their poisons. And if Floyd can stay on the field... there is just no way you can scheme with blocking against 3 pass rushers like that. This should be something very special.
Don't forget Goldman. 

Pace's offseason:

Fired Fox

Hired Nagy. 

Kept Vic

Signed:

Robinson, Gabriel, Burton, Daniel 

Brought back:

Fuller, Prince, Callahan

Drafted:

Roquan, Daniels, Miller, Wims

Traded for the best defensive player in the league. 

I'd say that's one of the best offseason a GM has had anywhere that I can remember. 

If Timu was cut, for sure that means no ILBs are being shipped to OAK as part of the deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pace's offseason:

Fired Fox

Hired Nagy. 

Kept Vic

Signed:

Robinson, Gabriel, Burton, Daniel 

Brought back:

Fuller, Prince, Callahan

Drafted:

Roquan, Daniels, Miller, Wims

Traded for the best defensive player in the league. 

I'd say that's one of the best offseason a GM has had anywhere that I can remember. 
Well at least since the eagles vm last year

From an improving team to contending for a playoff spot now.  This is finally the year the Bears make the turn. 

To look in a fantasy direction, I think you could maybe upgrade Jordan Howard a couple spots. Should be more leads, leading to more carries for Howard. 

From an improving team to contending for a playoff spot now.  This is finally the year the Bears make the turn. 
Ugh.  Pissed when I heard about Mack this morning.  Great move for the Bears, sucks for rest of NFC North.  Congrats to you guys, I'd be excited if I was a Bears fan, but I think you may be jumping the gun here.  Division looks to be very competitive top to bottom, but the Bears (and Lions) have a ways to go to match the Vikings in overall talent.  And there's that pesky SOB throwing the ball up in GB...

Ugh.  Pissed when I heard about Mack this morning.  Great move for the Bears, sucks for rest of NFC North.  Congrats to you guys, I'd be excited if I was a Bears fan, but I think you may be jumping the gun here.  Division looks to be very competitive top to bottom, but the Bears (and Lions) have a ways to go to match the Vikings in overall talent.  And there's that pesky SOB throwing the ball up in GB...
Thats fair, but i dont think many Bears fans think they are the best team in the division. But they are definitely in the conversation now, and i think a playoff birth is realistic, but not by any means a sure thing.

I could see the Bears finishing second in the division. It's realistic. First is possible but a stretch, I think.  They were terrible last year and had a rookie QB, and still right with the Vikings in both games.   They'll be competitive in the division this year, which is more than I can say for them since Urlacher retired. 

I could see the Bears finishing second in the division. It's realistic. First is possible but a stretch, I think.  They were terrible last year and had a rookie QB, and still right with the Vikings in both games.   They'll be competitive in the division this year, which is more than I can say for them since Urlacher retired. 
Unfortunately I think the Vikes are ready to be like a 13 game winner so I think 2nd is our ceiling. 

Odds to win the Super Bowl have jumped from 100-1 to 40-1. Somehow still below crap piles such as the Giants, Cowboys, Broncos, Panthers and our new BFF, the Raiders. 

Unfortunately I think the Vikes are ready to be like a 13 game winner so I think 2nd is our ceiling. 
I think the Vikings have a ton of regression potential. New QB, new OC, bad o-line that is already banged up. Almost zero depth anywhere except RB, and DB.

I think the NFC North is wide open, any order is possible. 

Speaking of the Vikings, does this Mack deal, remind anyone else of when the Vikings gave up a 1st and multiple mid round picks for Jared Allen?

Odds to win the Super Bowl have jumped from 100-1 to 40-1. Somehow still below crap piles such as the Giants, Cowboys, Broncos, Panthers and our new BFF, the Raiders. 
I agree with most of those, but the Panthers are pretty far from a crap pile team. When Cam is on, they can beat anyone. 

I've heard people call this the best division in football this off-season. Can only be more true now. To win the division, the Bears will need to beat each opponent at least once. I don't think splitting is unrealistic. A week 1 win would be a great start in that direction.

sa he Reggie White in impact, or Albert Haynesworth?  I suspect the former, but I suspected that of Haynesworth as well.  The Bears have my attention.

Boom! 

Trade official, source tells ESPN:

Bears get: Khalil Mack, a 2020 second-round round pick and a conditional 2020 fifth-round pick. 

Raiders get: 2019 first-round pick, 2020 first-round pick, 2020 third-round pick, 2019 sixth-round pick.

So Bears get back second-round pick, too

Boom! 

Bears get: Khalil Mack, a 2020 second-round round pick and a conditional 2020 fifth-round pick. 

Raiders get: 2019 first-round pick, 2020 first-round pick, 2020 third-round pick, 2019 sixth-round pick.

It's just moving up a round but this trade is not the "two 1sts PLUS" that all the analysts were creaming their pants over this morning. If anything, it's a little less. Now we just need to know how much money it took to marry us to Mack but I think either way, great trade and better than I thought it would be.

Hat's off to Bears GM Ryan Pace for making this trade, fortifying Bears' defense.  Essentially, he's following Eagles' and Ram's blueprint to maximize their window while Trubisky is on rookie contract.  NFC North has now just gotten much more competitive, providing if Bears get everything right (i.e. Leonard Floyd's health). 

Outstanding job by the GM to add talent to the roster. What a transformation on paper.  As a Lion’s fan I am getting nervous about our division. If Mitch can progress at QB, Chicago could be a force.

Bears defense usable in fantasy?
If a lot of the scoring is based on low yardage and scoring totals (especially if you can go negative there), then I would still fear the high powered offenses in that division and prefer the more traditional choices from the AFC North, NFC East, etc.

But if it is mostly based on sacks and turnovers then yes, Chicago gets a huge boost here.

Boom! 

With the direction the Bears and Raiders seem to be going in. That 2020 2nd might only be about a 10 pick drop from the 1st rounder.

This wasn't much to give up at all for Mack. 60 cents on the dollar maybe?

With the direction the Bears and Raiders seem to be going in. That 2020 2nd might only be about a 10 pick drop from the 1st rounder.

This wasn't much to give up at all for Mack. 60 cents on the dollar maybe?
10 pick drop is a bit of a stretch.  I do not expect the Bears to be a top 8 team in 2 years. 

Users who are viewing this thread