What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (20 Viewers)

I mentioned this in the other thread, but I can't think of a team that was this good in the last twenty years. There will literally be no suspense in the postseason since the world knows the bears are absolutely going to win it all. It's going to be the easiest walk to the Super Bowl Championship the NFL has ever seen.

Rams' previous '18 low for points: 23 (at Den)
Tonight: 6

Rams' previous '18 low for yards: 339 (at SF)
Tonight: 195

Rams' previous '18 high for turnovers: 2 (4 times)
Tonight: 4

Rams' previous '18 low for points: 23 (at Den)
Tonight: 6

Rams' previous '18 low for yards: 339 (at SF)
Tonight: 195

Rams' previous '18 high for turnovers: 2 (4 times)
Tonight: 4
I like your yards number better than mine.  NFLN said 214.

Such a DB. Do you want me to bump this every time something bad happens?  You'll just cry again for me to leave. I was only in here to discuss a trade. I never actually planned to be a regular in here (I got no beef with Chicago, nor any interest in Chicago). If you keep begging like a little bia, you just might annoy me into doing so and trust me... that will not go well for you (Trubisky is still very capable of losing games. He might be leading the league in dropped interceptions.). While that would be funny, I don't actually want to piss off the other innocent fans.
How's that going for me? 

I’ve never been more excited about a Bears team (in my lifetime) than this year’s team.  If Trubisky can keep the offense churning, this is going to be a hard team to eliminate in the playoffs. 

PS - Matt Nagy you are a ####### genius.  

PSS - thank you Ryan Pace for putting the pieces in place to win NOW

How's that going for me? 
Still a loser. I keep forgetting about you until you try to thump your chest. I really hope I remember to rub your nose in it when the time comes. Chances are you'll have already turned on the team yourself by that point, as you tend to do as a fickle fan. Remember, it was your very own thread title that called this very team "still a team of losers" just a couple months ago...  :rolleyes:

Still a loser. I keep forgetting about you until you try to thump your chest. I really hope I remember to rub your nose in it when the time comes. Chances are you'll have already turned on the team yourself by that point, as you tend to do as a fickle fan. Remember, it was your very own thread title that called this very team "still a team of losers" just a couple months ago...  :rolleyes:
Flap is an emotional fan and his posts reflect that.  He overreacts a bit.

Does anyone think the bears won't win the Super Bowl? It's a sure thing. I have more confidence that they'll win it all than I do that the sun will rise tommorow. Least predictable post season in NFL history.

Last edited by a moderator:
:hophead:

No team will top the ‘85 Bears unless they go 19-0 or 18-1 and have three shutouts or give up less than 10 points in the playoffs.
The offenses back then are not quite what they are now so hard to make the comparison.  I think it's a lot harder to get a shutout now.

Same could be said for the ‘72 ‘phins.  Did a comparison analysis once and they played a lot of truly garbage teams.  Won by 6, 4 & 7 points in the playoffs and gave up 38 in total.  No shutouts in the playoffs as well.

On another note, nobody will ever even sniff 73-0 in an NFL championship game, in the opposing team’s stadium no less.

On another note, nobody will ever even sniff 73-0 in an NFL championship game, in the opposing team’s stadium no less.
‘twas a revenge game from an earlier loss - final seconds the Redskins were slow getting off a pile (or the Bears player was trying to fake an injury to stop the clock....sumtin controversial about the ending of TE regular season matchup.) That title game would have been 77-0 but the officials ask Halas to stop kicking XPs because they were running out of footballs - no nets & the fans wouldn’t give the balls back.

:lmao:

• Smile
Reactions: -X-
Last night was statement game. Hard to remember the last time the Bears had that kind of a win - probably have to go back to beating the Giants in that game the punter whiffed because of the wind (NFCC?).

Anyway, I know my team hasn’t had that kind of a quality win in forever, happy for ya guys who are fans.

Last night was statement game. Hard to remember the last time the Bears had that kind of a win - probably have to go back to beating the Giants in that game the punter whiffed because of the wind (NFCC?).

Anyway, I know my team hasn’t had that kind of a quality win in forever, happy for ya guys who are fans.
That was the divisional game.  Beat the Rams in the NFCC.

I’d gladly root for the Lions if they made the playoffs, as long as they aren’t playing us, of course.

That was the divisional game.  Beat the Rams in the NFCC.

I’d gladly root for the Lions if they made the playoffs, as long as they aren’t playing us, of course.
Yeah I was just reading the Wiki recap - Landetta (NYG P) shanked it off the side of his foot, ball hit the ground & was picked up for a TD. Punt yardage was (-7) and the return was for 5 yards - shortest PR TD in NFL history.

:lmao:

I was in the Mediterranean on a USN cruise that whole season. Mom would ship VHS tapes every week - usually 3-4 games - & since we were West Michigan people we typically got a lot of Bears games. Sims had retired, Lions were  back to being awful, so it was fun to root for Sweetness, Dent, Fridge & Punky QB for a few months.

• Smile
Reactions: -X-
Was so pissed when Walter fumbled the ball over to NE in SB XX.  Only reason they scored the first points (FG).  Wanted a shutout so bad.

Knocked Eason out and old man Grogan had to come in.  Still have the VHS tape in the archives.  Waechter with the safety stamped the 46 into lore forever.

Fridge trying to throw a pass was hilarious and taking the sack instead of throwing it was appreciated by **** & Merlin.

Anyway, now you know why I don’t take anything for granted and keep the “one game at a time” mentality.  2001, 2006 & 2010 were painful.

wonder if the NFL has figured out Goff yet, he's had a couple  bad games in a row now. Bears player well , Rams have NO defense , and they're offensive gameplan was horrific.

Callahan to IR with a broken fifth metatarsal.  McManis to replace and Marcus Williams signed to fill the open spot.

Might as well get this over with. Congrats @flapgreen et al on wining the North today. This game won't be fun to watch as it'll be over early.

Bears win going away 31-12, leadpipe lock of the year.

All Jackson had to do was sit down in the EZ.  Dumb bringing it out.  Probably just a sprained ankle, hopefully nothing torn.

D line was totally gassed at the end.  Floyd missed the sack but made up for it a couple plays later.  Lots of holding no-calls.

Fire up the disco ball for division champs ClubDub!

Users who are viewing this thread