What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (24 Viewers)

I’m curious what is your point in quoting my post from nearly two years ago? My post wasn’t made with a “pound the desk” certainty. I used terms like “I don’t think”.

I mean I’m all for calling out overly aggressive posters who sling insults against anyone not agreeing with their takes but that’s not who I am nor how I acted about the 2017 QB class. I offered a very muted opinion that was far from certain. Now if you poke your head in the Christian McCaffrey thread you’ll see my certainty on CMC being a stud. But I didn’t do that here. 
I wasn't paying attention to who posted it or the context. Just looking back to that year and some of the opinions. Just having some fun. 

Gotcha. When I’m certain I’m usually right. In this case I was neither certain nor right about the 2017 QB class. 
I thought all along that the TV guys and popular takes were wrong on the 2017 QB class. Now, I was way off on wanting the Bears to take Kizer.  When they finally took Trubisky, I was just glad they went after their guy and got him. We'll see over the next couple of years if it was the right move. It looks promising right now. 

Some things will never change. Losing franchise full of losers. Always will be. Don't get your hopes up anymore. 

I wasn't paying attention to who posted it or the context. Just looking back to that year and some of the opinions. Just having some fun. 
:D

Very weak game plan after the first 2 scripted drives. Nagy #### his pants. Not a good sign. Can't get any worse than the last 5 years so there's that. 

Just idiotic not running it there, Nagy. Guy doesn't get it

Some things never change 
Just having fun GB

Bears are a stone cold lead pipe lock this week

Last edited by a moderator:
It's very clear the bears are going to win it all. I've been saying that all season long. I have predicted that in the past, but it's obvious that this is a team of destiny. I really believe they're a lock to win it all, and I don't see anything standing in their way.

They are terrible. A few good ones on here. 
It’s a rabid fan base no doubt.  If this game were in LA I’d expect to hear nothing but Eagles chants.  Not expecting that in Chitown obviously.  Best fan base in the league, I guess that makes us terrible?  I’ll own it.  And I’ll be here to accept congrats after my birds pull it out on the road.  Haven’t been this excited about a game since we won the super bowl last year. 

It’s a rabid fan base no doubt.  If this game were in LA I’d expect to hear nothing but Eagles chants.  Not expecting that in Chitown obviously.  Best fan base in the league, I guess that makes us terrible?  I’ll own it.  And I’ll be here to accept congrats after my birds pull it out on the road.  Haven’t been this excited about a game since we won the super bowl last year. 
You guys had a great year...last year. 

Just 5 months ago the same people #####ing and moaning about this team now think it's unstoppable.  You can't make this up.
Really no idea why this is surprising to anyone. The Bears had averaged under 5 wins a season for 4 straight years. What else would you expect? Now, they went from worst to first with the best D in the league and a completely new offensive philosophy and coach. Pretty easy to see how things have changed now. 

Pumped for this, just hope Mitch doesn't crap the bed like Watson did yesterday. Foles has him on playoff experience so I hope the game isn't too big for Mitch.

Pumped for this, just hope Mitch doesn't crap the bed like Watson did yesterday. Foles has him on playoff experience so I hope the game isn't too big for Mitch.
He won't and it isn't. This Bears team is built completely different than the Texans. They depend on Watson to win their games. 

LET'S DO IT BOYS

Been waiting a long time for this. 

Last edited by a moderator:
We have two very good running backs. Why the hell does Nagy insist on using Cunningham and Mizell in key spots?  So dumb. 

Fun season. They just can't score though. Offense not there yet and D just overwhelmed by this offense. 

We have two very good running backs. Why the hell does Nagy insist on using Cunningham and Mizell in key spots?  So dumb. 
As a Saints fan, let’s discuss this next time Payton puts Hill in at QB over Drew Brees for a play. 

weakest 12-4 team in the history of the NFL.

I thought Mack was the Savior?since the Rex Grossman era,  they've won as many playoff games with Mack as without him ..zero.zippo.

ah well..get 'em next year Bears!

Well, Trub gave us the lead, the D let them score on one play to the guy that had been a thorn in our sides for years.

Failed two-point conversion that Nagy was laughing about afterward.  Terrible playcall there.

Users who are viewing this thread