What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (5 Viewers)

No-call blow to Trub’s melon.  Maybe it’ll wake him up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been so sick of this D since London. Drives me nuts when they're still referred to as a big time D. They're not they are an overrated mess. Mack has 6 damn sacks. 
Watch Mack. The narrative I have heard was that Mack was getting double or triple teamed. That isn’t true. If you watch him, not only is he not getting double or triple teamed, often he is getting blocked by a TE. 

I'm done. Gave this team an hour of my Thanksgiving. Not giving them another to watch this garbage. Get a real team, Chicago. Team of quitters 

Bears are a very poorly coached team. Bypass a chance to kick a FG. Call a timeout, yet come out, almost get a delay of game & have an illegal formation. On top of that, the play itself was blown up & they turn the ball over on downs.

WTF was that? Trubisky running sideways instead of getting the first down. What an idiot. He screws up in a new way.

I don't want to hear anymore excuses about how the defense isn't as good this year because of the offense.  Even when the offense scores, the sorry ### defense rolls over and immediately allows the other team's 3rd string qb TO DRIVE RIGHT BACK DOWN THE DAMN FIELD. Bunch of quitters. No guts 

Trubisky is gutless. No effort. Looks broken after every drive. He's done. No idea why they don't bench the guy. No reason to delay the inevitable. 

Played much better in the 2nd half.  Finally got Monty and Wims going.  Miller with some nice production and Trub actually threw the ball with more authority.  Good comeback.

This is not a very good team.  .500 against what's been a very easy schedule until this point.  This team should easily be 9-3, if not 10-2 at this point with that schedule. Unfortunately, the qb is far below average and the team got full of themselves coming into the year and they are who they are.  This has to be one of, if not the most disappointing seasons I've watched as a Bears fan.  They've gone from potential title contenders to a rudderless ship with no real future at qb and no draft capital or cap space to fix the problems they have.  Wish I could say I was hopeful for what they can do over the offseason and next year to fix it, but I'm not.  

• Sad
Reactions: RBM
And Mack has been mostly invisible while the team has struggled this year. I guess he only goes all out when they're having success 

The Bears biggest FA moves last season were:

Letting S Adrian Amos sign with GB (for $36M, 4 yrs) and signing S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (for $3M, 1 yr).

Letting slot CB Bryce Callahan sign with DEN (for $21M, 3 yrs) and signing CB Buster Skrine (for $16.5M, 3 yrs).

Signing KR/WR Cordarrelle Patterson (for $10M, 2 yrs).

Trading RB Jordan Howard to PHI (under contract for $2M, 1 yr) and signing RB Mike Davis (for $6M, 2 yrs).

This is now looking like a pretty solid set of moves, and better than I thought at the time.

At safety, Amos & Clinton-Dix are both playing similarly well (PFF actually has Clinton-Dix graded slightly higher), so getting the much cheaper one looks like a great deal. I thought this was a good move at the time (I thought Clinton-Dix was "just a slight downgrade" from Amos) and it's looking even better now.

At slot cornerback, Skrine has been decent (PFF has him graded as a bit above average) while Callahan is missing the whole season with a foot injury. And Callahan's injury history is part of why the Bears didn't re-sign him. So this is looking like a good move. At the time I thought it was a mistake because Skrine was "not a good football player", but it looks like I was wrong. (Although I did wish that they'd signed Brian Poole for cheap and he has been great in NYJ according to PFF.)

At KR, Patterson has been great. He has a TD, the league lead in kick return yards, and over 30 yards per return. Football Outsiders rates the Bears kick return unit as the 3rd best in the NFL, worth 5.8 points over average. $5M/yr is a lot for a kick returner who only plays a bit part on offense (with 117 offensive yards so far), but it seems like it's in the right ballpark for what they've been getting. I was against the Patterson signing at the time based on the price, but at this point it's looking okay.

At RB, the biggest move was actually in the draft where they traded up to take Montgomery, rather than in free agency or the trade. The Bears cut Mike Davis, paying him $2.6M to touch the ball 18 times over 7 games. Carolina then picked him up on a cheap deal but he hasn't seen the field yet for them. Obviously not a good signing. Part of what happened is that they didn't really need him after drafting Montgomery, but it is also looking like an overpay given Davis's talent level. Howard has been solid in Philly, with 119/525/6 rushing over the 9 games he has been healthy for, plus 10/69/1 receiving. It looks like I didn't weigh in on these moves at the time.

Wasn't going to start talking about offseason moves but it's on my mind now. 

Trevathan has been great, but he's as good as gone with how Kwiatkoski has been playing in his absence. Kid has been ballin. 

Prince and Long will also both be gone. 

No idea what they'll do with Floyd. Probably 5th year option next year.  But that's expensive and he hasn't made a huge impact to warrant a big contract. Trouble is there is no one to replace him. 

We're stuck with most of the OL through next year. Just going to have to make it work. 

Stuck with Mitch at least through next year, but surely they have to bring someone else in, too. 

No matter.  Do us all a favor and put a beat down on Dallas this Thursday.  One thing on which most fan bases can agree, even Bears and Packer fans alike, is that the Cowboys suck, at least post-Landry.

No matter.  do us all a favor and put a beat down on Dallas this Thursday.  One thing on which most fan bases can agree, 3even Bears and Packer fans alike, is that the Cowboys suck, at least post-Landry.
Would take the sting off an otherwise disappointing season. I hate Dallas. 

Wasn't going to start talking about offseason moves but it's on my mind now. 

Trevathan has been great, but he's as good as gone with how Kwiatkoski has been playing in his absence. Kid has been ballin. 

Prince and Long will also both be gone. 

No idea what they'll do with Floyd. Probably 5th year option next year.  But that's expensive and he hasn't made a huge impact to warrant a big contract. Trouble is there is no one to replace him. 

We're stuck with most of the OL through next year. Just going to have to make it work. 

Stuck with Mitch at least through next year, but surely they have to bring someone else in, too. 
Agree on Trevathan, I don't think we will be in great cap shape next year, so I don't think he can be resigned.

Long, definitely gone, Prince I'm not so sure.  His 9M salary doesn't seem too bad for his position, most people below that seem to be backups or on rookie deals.  I don't think we have anyone on the team to backfill him (McMannis is the next one up usually, and I think we'd be in trouble if we were counting on him for a starter), and i'm not sure we can count on getting a day on starter in the draft.

Man, I hope we don't keep Floyd, his 13M 5th year would make him the 6th highest paid (as of now) 3-4 OLB in the league.  That seems way to much for a player who just seems to be in the right place, and does an OK job.  I'd be happy if they could cut and then resign him to a deal for a couple years that takes into account his actual play and not his draft status.  They offered him the 5th year when it looked like he was breaking out last year and it just never happened.

Agree on the OL, hear radio hosts talking about replacing them, but I don't see how.  You only save 2M by cutting Leno, and you can barely sign a backup LT for that little money.  Unless he gets replaced by the project tackle they have on the roster, or a draft pick, he's the starting LT next year.  Cutting Massie wouldn't even save any money, so no way they do that.  Only upgrades we get there are James and Cody back to the positions they "should" be playing, and something at RG.

As you say Mitch ain't going nowhere, best there will be a cast off QB in to "compete" and no way that guy wins the competition in the off season, team would have to suck bad enough to bench Mitch to let that guy on the field.

Users who are viewing this thread