What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (17 Viewers)

That would have to put us in a world of cap hurt.  This rebuild and the huge Mack contract were counting on 2 more years of rookie QB contract.  This will be interesting.
Backload it a draft a qb soon. Fix the qb position and this is a different team. 

Not sure Teddy is better than Trubisky. he doesn't get to take Payton, Thomas, and Kamara with him. 

Glad to see the bears didn't end up with hooper.

What better options? 
Brady, Rivers, Dalton, Carr, Newton, Mariota, Foles, Alex Smith(if healthy), Winston, Keenum even?

Teddy isn't a good QB, he had a decent stretch in a perfect offense against an easy schedule. That said, he(and all these guys) are likely upgrades from Trubisky. As would at least 4 QB's in this draft class. 

ETA: Its probably worth a try to see what Watson would cost, since BOB is apparently losing his mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, Bears getting attached to reports on all sorts of QBs Bridgewater, Dalton, Foles.
All 3 would be better than Trubuttski   ;) And to think they could have gotten Mahomes...don't worry Bears fans, I torture myself thinking about how the Redskins drafted Doctson over Michael Thomas almost weekly.  :bag:

All 3 would be better than Trubuttski   ;) And to think they could have gotten Mahomes...don't worry Bears fans, I torture myself thinking about how the Redskins drafted Doctson over Michael Thomas almost weekly.  :bag:
I don't knock them for missing in Mahomes. A lot of teams did. Passing on Watson was the big gaffe. 

I don't knock them for missing in Mahomes. A lot of teams did. Passing on Watson was the big gaffe. 
Good point and very true. But I never got the love for Trub anyway. He had what, 1 solid year at UNC? Not exactly a great football history with offensive players anyway, especially QBs. Just a very risky move for someone with such a small body of work. 

Case Keenum to the Browns.  Not a top target, but he would have been one of the cheaper people they could have brought in for "competition".

Taking the cheapest of Dalton, Bridgewater, Foles would be the move. All three improve the chances of Chicago winning. 
There was some talk of the Jags giving up a late pick just to get Foles contract off the books, ala Osweiler. If the Campbell and Bouye trades are anything to go off of. I can't imagine Foles costing more than a 7th round pick, and possibly even getting a higher pick in return.

There was talk about the Jags not wanting to trade Foles... curious where you heard they want to give him away? 
This was a couple weeks ago. Its entirely possible they've changed their minds, although its most likely they have no plan at all, judging by what they have done the last year or so.

here is the list of the bears TE's currently under contract (list from twitter):

Jimmy Graham

Trey Burton

Adam Shaheen

Demetrius Harris

Ben Braunecker

Jesper Horsted

J.P. Holtz

Eric Saubert

Dax Raymond

What a pile of TRASH.  (commentary by me)

This has gotta be one of the Bears' best FA TE signings in years. My ranking:

Martellus Bennett    2013
Zach Miller    2016
Jimmy Graham    2020
Matt Spaeth    2011
Trey Burton    2018
Dion Sims    2017
Brandon Manumaleuna    2010

Hope I didn't forget anyone.

here is the list of the bears TE's currently under contract (list from twitter):

Jimmy Graham

Trey Burton

Adam Shaheen

Demetrius Harris

Ben Braunecker

Jesper Horsted

J.P. Holtz

Eric Saubert

Dax Raymond

Expensive trash though. When you look at what they have committed to Graham and Burton. Might as well take the cash out and burn it.

Jimmy Graham

Trey Burton

Adam Shaheen

Demetrius Harris

Ben Braunecker

Jesper Horsted

J.P. Holtz

Eric Saubert

Dax Raymond

You can’t convince me that half of those players are real. Jesper Horsted? :lmao:

In LB news, kinda surprised that Kwiakowski and Trevathan signed pretty similar deals, both about 3yrs 21M (Trevathan has more than 3 years but Biggs is saying those won't happen anyways).  Just surprised those two ended up so close.

Not really complaining about this one, if healthy, Trevathan is a better all around backer, just surprised the healthy young one got the same money, I would have guessed we were getting priced out of him.

I went into the free agency period hoping the Bears wouldn't blow stupid money on Austin Hooper.  I forgot there are other kinds of stupid.

With the new CBA, I'll admit I don't fully understand the cap implications at this point, but this seems like a lot of money, even if it's just $9 million, for a team with cap limitations.  Are the QB rumors real, because I don't see how this is all going to jigsaw together cap-wise.

Edit:  seeing now that Graham was cut by the Packers, so this does help with gaining a compensatory pick, especially if Leonard Floyd is let go.  I will be curious to see what Delanie Walker gets, as he is also a cut player and wouldn't harm the compensatory formula.

I would have preferred Eifert or even Witten. If you want someone as a bridge guy they would have been fine. Plus, they would have been cheap. Graham has potentially more athleticism than either of those two, but that was a lot of money for a guy who didn’t look like he had much left. You probably could have gotten Ebron for a similar contract. He’d be much more interesting.

I would have preferred Eifert or even Witten.
I'd have preferred just not addressing the position at all. Or with a day 3 rookie pick.

Graham is awful. He underachieved with Rodgers and Wilson throwing to him. He's not about to turn it around here. 

So we let Ha Ha(a good safety) walk, let Amukamara(a good CB) walk, and then sign a TE who has shown no playmaking ability for like 3 years. 

This does seem like the land of the misfit TEs. They have like ten on the roster and none of them can play. The Graham signing is stupid, but it isn’t the end of the world. It is too much money for what you are getting, but it is probably a one year deal and they will move on next year. The plan must be that if you take enough of them you will stumble in to one. So far this plan is failing miserably. But you’d think eventually he will find a guy who can play.

What film existed over the last, oh, 3 years, that painted a picture that Graham had anything left?? seriously? 

What film existed over the last, oh, 3 years, that painted a picture that Graham had anything left?? seriously? 
I think we should all kick in money to get Pace a gamepass subscription so he can actually watch players before he signs them. Then maybe he’d see what we see, a washed up player running on fumes.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

The #Bears are signing pass-rusher Robert Quinn to a 5-year, $70 million contract with $30 million fully guaranteed, agent Sean Kiernan from @SelectSports tells me and @TomPelissero. A new home for the former #Cowboys star after a huge year.

11:09 AM · Mar 17, 2020

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1239947023199219713

wow, that is interesting.  Got to mean Floyd is getting cut.  Wow, posting up a lot of money into that DL position.  Mack, Quinn, and Hicks on the same line could be destructive! 

I'm pretty sure all the scrubs at TE that the Bears had last year equal, if not outperform Jimmy's 60 targets, 38 receptions, 447 years and 3 TDs. 

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

The #Bears are signing pass-rusher Robert Quinn to a 5-year, $70 million contract with $30 million fully guaranteed, agent Sean Kiernan from @SelectSports tells me and @TomPelissero. A new home for the former #Cowboys star after a huge year.

11:09 AM · Mar 17, 2020

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1239947023199219713
Can someone tell Ryan Pace it isn't 2015. Graham and Quinn would have been nice signings then. Now its a broken down borderline useless TE, and a very one dimensional pass rusher, who is mediocre at that one dimension.

I’d like to see the Bears get Jameis.
I'm torn there, that one is either boom or bust, doesn't really leave you with the option for middle of the road QB play and good defense to try and win.  He's either winning games or losing them for you and not really much your Defense can do to stop him when he decides to give one away.  New team/offense/lasik surgery could turn him into a new QB though.  Tough call for me, but it'd be interesting.

Can someone tell Ryan Pace it isn't 2015. Graham and Quinn would have been nice signings then. Now its a broken down borderline useless TE, and a very one dimensional pass rusher, who is mediocre at that one dimension.
Quinn was 2nd in the NFL at generating pressures per snap. He had more pressures in 2019 than Khalil Mack on over 100 less snaps.

I’d like to see the Bears get Jameis.
As a Bears fan who has lived in Tampa since Jameis was drafted, I ask you if you really want the Bears to have Jay Cutler 2.0? Jameis may throw for More if everything than Jay but I’ll tell you the one thing he does exactly the same: he finds ways for his team to lose the game. This would be a disaster.

I’d rather roll another year with Trubisky. It’s Dalton or bust now

Users who are viewing this thread