What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (15 Viewers)

It was nice to be reminded what this team can really do.  They do have some young talent on the team and can be a pretty good team with some key additions and better coaching.  I think Pace has proved that he needs to stick around longer and have a couple more drafts as his draft picks were the stars of the game yesterday.

That was fun.  I enjoyed myself watching a bears game for the first time in a while.  I have no idea how we mustered the ### beating we gave the Bengals, but neither of us are good teams, and we dominated them.  I don't remember the last time I saw the Bears do that.  I don't care that we lost some draft picks (hell pace will just throw away picks to just trade into whatever spot he wants...) I enjoyed that.

Tough break for Wentz, but to me he had no business diving there.  Little dip to the right and he had the corner of the EZ open with #30 there as a blocker.

Good lesson for Trub.

Tough break for Wentz, but to me he had no business diving there.  Little dip to the right and he had the corner of the EZ open with #30 there as a blocker.

Good lesson for Trub.
Seriously Bears need to go Clockwork Orange style and sit Mitch in front of a screen with his eyes pried open and make him watch that over and over and over again.  Unless you are Cam Newton running QB's will not last in this league long term, and if he's good, we want Mitch for 10 years +.

Sometimes you will need to run, but when you to it has to be with the plan to take care of yourself.  Freak accidents will still happen, it's football no way to avoid them, but the QB running should not be a normal option.

• Smile
Reactions: -X-
Precisely.  QBs have to be smart and avoid contact when running as they get pummeled enough in the pocket.  The only exception would be if he's going for a last second TD to win the SB.  Then dive away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I decided to give it another shot after not watching for a couple weeks. Nope. Done watching this joke of a franchise until next year. Nothing ever changes 

Lions 27th against the pass this year. Bears are helpless. Same way against a terrible 49ers D. National embarrassment. Has to be humiliating. 

John Fox on the #Bears’ 13 penalties: "Some of it was some new guys in because of some guys lost. It’s not an excuse. It’s just reality.”

Only 3 were on non-starters and two of those were on regular special teamers (DHC & Timu).

So basically Fox is talking about Grasu’s hold.

best thing about that game was the nice nap I got in the 3rd quarter.

Anyone know the first half stats, yards/1st downs? Seemed like another dead performance.

1st 10 starts surrounded by similar talent. Coaching a huge advantage for Wentz.

Wentz
309 attempts
11TD 7INT
Trubisky
271 attempts
7TD 7INT

that would be depressing. We really missed out not making the change last year. Just don't see many young offensive minds ready to make the jump.
There's good candidates available this year, but I agree it was idiotic keeping Fox another year. I think the majority of us said it at the time. 

that would be depressing. We really missed out not making the change last year. Just don't see many young offensive minds ready to make the jump.
Frank Reich might be the next best after McDaniels who would never come here. 

Frank Reich might be the next best after McDaniels who would never come here. 
don't get the frank Reich love. Until this year he's just been a QB coach, and he's never run his own offense or called plays. Don't see how you can put him in charge of your team.

don't get the frank Reich love. Until this year he's just been a QB coach, and he's never run his own offense or called plays. Don't see how you can put him in charge of your team.
He’s been a coordinator for two teams. What more do you need?

Gould 35/37 since leaving the Bears. :lmao: Meanwhile, the Bears have the worst kicking in the league over the last 2 seasons. Oooof. I actually get a giggle out of it. Love seeing the Bears being exposed for the morons they are. 

Good for Robbie. He deserves to be on a team and win some games and be happy. Glad he got away from this piece of #### organization. I wouldn't want to be here

Only watched the 2nd quarter after getting back from seeing Last Jedi.  That was enough; stopped watching at halftime.

Looks like we're currently either #4 or #5 depending on tiebreakers with the Texans.

Don't see us getting any higher than #4, unless the Colts heat up.

Marvin Lewis?  No, thanks.

Secretly would like to see Jon Gruden make his comeback with us, but it won't happen.

Dave Toub would be nice.  I find it interesting that Mike Shula and Todd Haley have been pretty successful offensive coordinators since leaving town.

Only watched the 2nd quarter after getting back from seeing Last Jedi.  That was enough; stopped watching at halftime.

Looks like we're currently either #4 or #5 depending on tiebreakers with the Texans.

Don't see us getting any higher than #4, unless the Colts heat up.

Marvin Lewis?  No, thanks.

Secretly would like to see Jon Gruden make his comeback with us, but it won't happen.

Dave Toub would be nice.  I find it interesting that Mike Shula and Todd Haley have been pretty successful offensive coordinators since leaving town.
If we don't win out, which we won't, we can't pick any worse than 10th.  If we lose out, we can't pick worse than 7th.

have you tried? People do it all the time. Nobody is holding a gun to your head.
I'm loyal. Started liking the Bears as a little kid in 85. Not from Chicago. I'll always be a Bears fan. I'm usually, not always, a realist, though. Fox needs to be gone. But I don't think that alone will make the franchise successful. As long as the McCaskeys own the Bears, they'll be mired in mediocrity. 

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
I'm loyal. Started liking the Bears as a little kid in 85. Not from Chicago. I'll always be a Bears fan. I'm usually, not always, a realist, though. Fox needs to be gone. But I don't think that alone will make the franchise successful. As long as the McCaskeys own the Bears, they'll be mired in mediocrity. 
Then you shouldn't be surprised or angry at the results each season. You've identified the problems, until the solution is made just enjoy the few wins each season. Then hope that we can catch lightning in a bottle every 10 years and get a playoff birth. 

I posted a clip of McMahon in here from a couple of weeks ago. Reporter asked him what the Bears needed to do to start winning again. His response: Well as long as they have the same owners, I don't see much changing. 

I posted a clip of McMahon in here from a couple of weeks ago. Reporter asked him what the Bears needed to do to start winning again. His response: Well as long as they have the same owners, I don't see much changing. 

Then you shouldn't be surprised or angry at the results each season. You've identified the problems, until the solution is made just enjoy the few wins each season. Then hope that we can catch lightning in a bottle every 10 years and get a playoff birth. 
That is so so difficult to do. I'll always get angry at their utter failure. I'd love for them to succeed so I could enjoy the season and playoffs more. But you have a point.

Glad the Bears got their qb this year. There will be a ton of teams after them this year and a lot of qbs taken early. Will give the Bears a lot of flexibility with potential trades or better players falling to them.  Picking 6th at the moment. 

No Bears voted to Pro Bowl for third straight season. What a shame. But not a surprise.  Sad a guy like Hicks gets passed over because he plays for the Bears. Shows what a joke it all is. 

Glad the Bears got their qb this year. There will be a ton of teams after them this year and a lot of qbs taken early. Will give the Bears a lot of flexibility with potential trades or better players falling to them.  Picking 6th at the moment. 
Load up the D or reach for a guy like Calvin Ridley?  That will be the discussion for that first pick. 

You think the bears will pass on a top qb in the draft?  Are they still sold on mitch?  I know its early but he looks horrendous on the field.  

RBM said:
Load up the D or reach for a guy like Calvin Ridley?  That will be the discussion for that first pick. 
If it's me picking I'm taking the best OT over Ridley.  I'd take two other WRs throughout the draft.  Also need to get an OLB and DE.  Later in the draft I'd grab another DT and OG.  I would like to see them trade back or make some kind of trade that gains them some more picks, they need them.

• Smile
pantherclub said:
You think the bears will pass on a top qb in the draft?  Are they still sold on mitch?  I know its early but he looks horrendous on the field.  
This may be the worst take I've seen on here.  He hasn't looked horrendous at all.  Mitch has tons of potential and he's the QB for a couple years now.

RBM said:
Said it last year and will say it again this year. Unless you're team is missing just one piece, you only take a qb, OT, pass rusher, or cb in top 10.  Take your pick of those last 3.  Heading into 4th year and still very little at pass rusher or OLB, except for a high draft pick who's been hurt in his first 2 seasons. And still garbage at RT.  I'd go after WR and CB in Free agency and pass rusher and OT in draft.  If Pace doesn't change his approach to free agency, however, he might as well just not spend anything. 

• Smile
Agree about never taking a wr in the top ten unless it's a special talent like Fitzgerald or Julio. 

Kevin White  :angry:

Jeff Fisher - C - Free Agent

According to Arizona Sports' Mike Jurecki, ex-Rams coach Jeff Fisher wants to get back into the NFL in 2018 and "could be eyeing" the Bears, Browns, and Colts' jobs if they open.

The Ringer's Mike Lombardi recently advised not to rule out Fisher getting another shot due to having a "lot of contacts" around the league and in the NFL offices. Fisher played and coached for the Bears back in the 1980s. But after his disaster run with the Rams and now seeing Sean McVay turn it around in just one season, it would be near impossible to sell a fan base on Fisher.

Don't think there is any chance of it happening, but a move from John Fox to Jeff Fisher would be extremely comical.

Ill quit the Bears for three years if they hire Jeff Fisher. You have a QB who has the potential to be pretty damn good. Don't ruin this McCaskey

But it's not going to happen. The owners may be stupid, but they aren't that dumb. 

Knocks on wood

Users who are viewing this thread