What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (5 Viewers)

So I'm on another board I post at where this poster I usually have to put on blast during football season (It's a baseball board with an Eagles thread) because he's one of the biggest crybabies when the team is losing. Anyway he's no where to be found all year and then suddenly they play Sea and his man crush (He's apparently a huge Wilson fan and he even loves to take every shot he can how the Eagles should've taken him even last year after having Wentz) and he's suddenly in the thread talking trash on the Eagles. He's a fan of the Phillies and I wouldn't call him a troll. He' s definitely one of those chicken little the sky is falling types that calls the radio stations when things don't go their way. Either way I asked where he was maybe 2 weeks ago no one really noticed. He comes in tonight with Sea playing them trashing me and calling them a 9-7 team etc. I just full blasted him calling him out how he isn't there all year and suddenly they play Sea he's in the thread putting the team on blast and going after posters. This guy seems like a fraud with a serious love obsession for Russel Wilson. I mean I got a serious man Crush favorite player Aaron Rodgers but it's no where near this guy where he trashes his own team constantly. 

Eagles were outplayed and outcoached.  They weren't prepared for this game.

Hopefully this is a wakeup call that teams aren't going to roll over for them.

On to LA

i know there are some things that were exposed tonight. 2 that stand out:

1. Kendricks in pass coverage. Got focused on a lot, and not sure how the Eagles can fix that

2. Vitai got beat a lot. Wentz released quick and moved around so it wasn't as noticeable, and i am not sure the DE on his side, but it was concerning. Again not sure the answer. they put a RB to chip on his side, and they stunted inside

On to LA
I don't think they were out coached this game. Outplayed? Maybe here and there but they shot themselves in the foot. Agholar Wideopen on the 1st or 2nd Drive that could've gotten 3 at least that drive, Wentz fumble The Def Holding that kept drives alive, missed tackles on plays they usually get, etc. Clean up the fundamentals and this team is golden. 

You challenge that lateral no matter what. End of story. It’s third down and basically the game. As the head coach, you need to know the situation and not wait for any confirmation from anyone in a booth watching a tv. Throw the ####### red flag immediately that’s in your pocket. Even for ####s and giggles. 

####.

They tripped over themselves all night. 

Last edited by a moderator:
You challenge that lateral no matter what. End of story. It’s third down and basically the game. As the head coach, you need to know the situation and not wait for any confirmation from anyone in a booth watching a tv. Throw the ####### red flag that’s in your pocket. Even for ####s and giggles. 

####.

For real, hope Doug was taking notes. 

On to LA
I disagree, they weren’t outplayed. Mostly outcoached, but that game could’ve been won with a couple different decisions by the coach. 

You challenge that lateral no matter what. End of story. It’s third down and basically the game. As the head coach, you need to know the situation and not wait for any confirmation from anyone in a booth watching a tv. Throw the ####### red flag that’s in your pocket. Even for ####s and giggles. 

####.

I thought it was a legit play in real time but agree with you that it’s a must challenge.

####.

The fumble by Wentz really hurt.  But I hate the play call more.  Why call the option there?

The defense was lost from the beginning with Wilson but it's hard to blame anybody because Wilson is a magician and when the refs give them like 5 free first Downs it's hard to get them off the field.  Don't remember any offensive holding penalties called during Wilsons shanigans but that's taboo and they would never call that on one of the NFL Golden boys at home.  Hope we see their weak ### team in the playoffs  

The fumble by Wentz really hurt.  But I hate the play call more.  Why call the option there?

The defense was lost from the beginning with Wilson but it's hard to blame anybody because Wilson is a magician and when the refs give them like 5 free first Downs it's hard to get them off the field.  Don't remember any offensive holding penalties called during Wilsons shanigans but that's taboo and they would never call that on one of the NFL Golden boys at home.  Hope we see their weak ### team in the playoffs  
big diff in this one is the DL got to him, but couldn't bring him down a ton

On to LA
NOt so sure about that. Eagles had a ton more yards and generally seemed more dynamic on offense. Fluky fumble through the end zone and an inability to get the challenge in on time on the illegal fwd pass is all the difference in the game. It was MUCH closer then the score....on the road in one of the most hostile environments possible by a very young team against what is still a good (not great) Seattle team. Russel Wilson is one of those rare great equalizers too...his ability to spin away from pressure is unique and neutralized what was a terrific pass rush all night long....not the best match-up for this Eagles defense. That game could very easily have gone the other way

I agree I don't remember seeing a lot of holding there by them other but I'd have to watch it again. 

####.

watching Doug's post-game conf. it is exactly the above that he didn't want to lose it

My god there were a few we were yelling for holding while he scrambled but we didn’t get called for any either on the oline that I remember, so whatever. 

A few plays standout that really effected the game; Alshon’s meaningless hold, Carson’s fumble, the phantom PI on Darby and the no challenge on the lateral. 

In the end it’s a lot of plays, but just one of them go differently, it’s a different outcome. 

Seriously??? He didn’t want to lose the timeout when that pretty much lost him the game?????? Are you ####### kidding me???? :wall: :angry:  
i was only half listening but he said he thought it looked ok live. was thinking of challenging but didn't want to get burned. i think...

i was only half listening but he said he thought it looked ok live. was thinking of challenging but didn't want to get burned. i think...
Well If thats the case and he was worried about losing a ####### timeout then he wasn’t fully aware of the situation in the moment. And that’s concerning. It was third down you needed the ball back it has to be challenged. (That first down also got them in FG range for more points) 

Well If thats the case and he was worried about losing a ####### timeout then he wasn’t fully aware of the situation in the moment. And that’s concerning. It was third down you needed the ball back it has to be challenged. 
WATCH THE SUIT WATCH THE SUIT

A lot of complaining about not challenging the lateral, but not sure that's really on Doug there. Most people thought it was good live, and the TV broadcast didn't show a replay proving otherwise until Seattle was already snapping the next play. A lost challenge there could have been even more damaging

Well If thats he case and he was worried about losing a ####### timeout then he wasn’t fully aware of the situation in the moment. And that’s concerning. It was third down you needed the ball back it has to be challenged. 
yeah, i would have preferred Doug take a chance since it was such an important play, but there are multiple things that hurt the team today. With coaching, i am more concerned at how conservative they were in the 1st half, and seemingly apathetic. Not sure if that was over-confidence in the team or what, but if they were a little bit more aggressive in the 1st it may have been closer

Minny plays @Car, Cincy, @GB, Chi.Eagles will need help for 1 seed
GB will have Rodgers back btw. He's suppose to be ready Dec 17. I firmly believe Rodgers doesn't get hurt GB wins that first meeting. GB looked lost the rest of the game after that. 

A lot of complaining about not challenging the lateral, but not sure that's really on Doug there. Most people thought it was good live, and the TV broadcast didn't show a replay proving otherwise until Seattle was already snapping the next play. A lost challenge there could have been even more damaging
How so?

yeah, i would have preferred Doug take a chance since it was such an important play, but there are multiple things that hurt the team today. With coaching, i am more concerned at how conservative they were in the 1st half, and seemingly apathetic. Not sure if that was over-confidence in the team or what, but if they were a little bit more aggressive in the 1st it may have been closer
They didn’t let Carson throw a pass further than 5 yards in the first half IIRC. Well the one overthrown TD Pass to Nelson counts I guess. But weren’t many. 

a lost timeout in what was still a close game at that point, plus no more challenges. Doug can only challenge there if he thinks he has a reasonable chance to win it, and based on the very limited info he had in the 25 or so seconds between plays, he couldn't know he had a reasonable chance to win it.

Eagles defense especially d-line looked gassed when chasing Russell Wilson around who they shouldn't keep up.  At least, Wentz and his teammates are now experiencing this kind of adversity that all champion / battle-tested teams have gone through.    

I like the Eagles. Seattle is a tough team at home and needed that win. The thing is you might do them another favor by beating the Rams next week. 
possible but Sea has to play I believe in Jacksonville next week which I can't believe I'm saying this will be a tough test with that defense. 

OK Eagles org. i get that this is a good lesson for the team and can be a plus, but how about next time YOU LET THE LOCAL GAMBLERS KNOW THIS!!

Carson's accuracy wasn't quite up to par today. He still played solid, but he missed a few plays
but that 3rd Q drive with that 3rd down conversion and TD to Agholar was definitely a thing of beauty.

But i think there is a concern  with this team in the 1st half. Cowboys game, this one, etc., they just come out little too soft and conservative

OK Eagles org. i get that this is a good lesson for the team and can be a plus, but how about next time YOU LET THE LOCAL GAMBLERS KNOW THIS!!
Just don't gamble  :shrug:  In seriousness this why I don't. And the 3 times over the years I should've I didn't and I would've won big. 

Just don't gamble  :shrug:  In seriousness this why I don't. And the 3 times over the years I should've I didn't and I would've won big. 
ehh i've made plenty from this team, so all good. no worries.

And sorry for Cowpokes fans, i'm guessing the Eagles starters will be playing week 17.

ehh i've made plenty from this team, so all good. no worries.

And sorry for Cowpokes fans, i'm guessing the Eagles starters will be playing week 17.
I never thought they wouldn't honestly. Doug doesn't seem like the type of coach who would sit players. 

Doug saying Eagles still control their destiny. not sure how that works with them not having 1st seed now, but maybe he knows something we don't. 

and i hope they come out guns blazing 1st half against the Rams. the 1st halves or playing off of longer lay-offs has been concerning, and would like a game where they come out and dominate a 1st half

ETA: let me correct, the above is only for the Eagles offense. Defense and special teams hasn't looked flat too much

Users who are viewing this thread