What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (2 Viewers)

grr, this game is going to make me stay up longer then i want. as for the defense, would have liked them to get a turnover or 2. Didn't seem like they were able to get any opportune plays

and all of this post-game talk is about Doug not challenging the lateral. Please for the love of God Eagles don's listen to any of this. there are plenty of other things that need to be looked at

sheesh, Carson looks like a giant next to Rus:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcRJ15gjWB0/
Wilson is billed at 5-11 which is Generous. He's more 5-10. My Cousin in Sea with Season tix has been able to get to a few of their team benefits. Met Brandon Meaben when he was still there. Dudes Arms looked like dam Tree trunks from the pics he showed. He also showed me the ones of Russel Wilson. My Cousin is maybe an inch and half taller then me which is 5-9. Anyway My cousin looked like a half inch bigger then Wilson and both were in dress shoes. Wentz is 6-5. So take that all in perspective. Wilson is small and people wonder why the height issue always comes up with him. 

a lost timeout in what was still a close game at that point, plus no more challenges. Doug can only challenge there if he thinks he has a reasonable chance to win it, and based on the very limited info he had in the 25 or so seconds between plays, he couldn't know he had a reasonable chance to win it.
I get all that, but in this situation I don’t agree. You give up any more points and the game is close to being out of reach. It would’ve made it fourth down and you get the ball back with all the momentum on the road. A lost timeout is meaningless after that because they scored and put the game away. Just my :2cents:  

Been awhile since we felt that losing feeling. If we're honest with ourselves, we we're due for a game like this. Now let's just hope the coaches point out all of the opportunities they had this week. 

I never thought we were going to finish 15-1. It's natural to have a bad taste in your mouth after losing against an inferior team, but you can pinpoint 3 plays that determined the outcome of that game. The Wentz fumble that took 7 off the board. The under throw to agholor where he was wide open and had a ton of Running Room ahead of him. And the illegal forward pass by Wilson that the refs missed and the Eagles didn't challenge in time. Seattle has four losses so there's very little chance of us playing them there in the playoffs. And they're not much of a threat to anybody on the road. The key is to come back this week and be a very good Rams team. If they lose that one, they have a problem in that they are going to be playing road playoff games and that they will have proved they can't get the job done in that situation against good teams.

Eagles have benefitted significantly from the 3rd easiest schedule in the NFL, and now fall to 1-2 vs top 10 teams. Fans assuming a SB trip let alone a win MAY be in for a rude awakening. 

http://sagarin.com/sports/nflsend.htm
Valid points.  I can't speak for anyone else but at no point this season was I assuming we were going to the Superbowl. As someone who was hoping Wentz would progress and that the Eagles would finish at or above .500, this season has been a dream. Still a lot of work to do and regardless of what happens they are way ahead of schedule. On to Los Angeles.

Eagles have benefitted significantly from the 3rd easiest schedule in the NFL, and now fall to 1-2 vs top 10 teams. Fans assuming a SB trip let alone a win MAY be in for a rude awakening. 

Let's see how they rebound next week.  That will tell me a lot about this team (one way or the other).  For the Eagles to win a super bowl, they'll have to get through a very difficult NFC and then likely beat the Patriots.  Not an easy road at all.  

Didn’t like the game last night, but I also thought they had a good chance to lose it prior to last night.  That’s a tough place to play and while Seattle has some issues, they’re poised to be a wildcard and are clearly motivated.  In a way I’m glad it happened.  Hoping this lights a fire under their butts to keep working hard and not get complacent.  Onward and upward.

When you're division sucks and you play the NFC and AFC West, yea you're strength of schedule will be weak. Same as every year. Doesn't make the top teams bad because they destroy inferior competition.

I think this week the haters that were hiding in their closets pining for this day will be out in force. They may not get another chance this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't remember any offensive holding penalties called during Wilsons shanigans but that's taboo and they would never call that on one of the NFL Golden boys at home
I get blind homerism at times, but really? How many times does it have to be said that Seattle leads the NFL in flags against? Once more I guess. 

Further, I get the negative perception about Seattle and whining from way back in the super bowl when they had some calls go against them in 2005. Damn, that was 12 years ago. Its a bad look for anyone. However, I distinctly remember admitting Seattle didn't deserve to win that game immediately after. You have that in you? I must admit, as a group of fans posting here on this message board the Eagle fans here are quite a group. You have a lot passion. That's cool, but which of you is the sane logical one that pulls people back to reality and realizes that there was no conspiracy to have the Eagles lose because of penalties?

I get blind homerism at times, but really? How many times does it have to be said that Seattle leads the NFL in flags against? Once more I guess. 

Further, I get the negative perception about Seattle and whining from way back in the super bowl when they had some calls go against them in 2005. Damn, that was 12 years ago. Its a bad look for anyone. However, I distinctly remember admitting Seattle didn't deserve to win that game immediately after. You have that in you? I must admit, as a group of fans posting here on this message board the Eagle fans here are quite a group. You have a lot passion. That's cool, but which of you is the sane logical one that pulls people back to reality and realizes that there was no conspiracy to have the Eagles lose because of penalties?
I don't think there was any conspiracy to have the Eagles lose.  But it's well known that Seattle defensive backs get away with a ton of holding and hand checking. Perfect example last night, after three or four ticky tacky illegal contact calls against Philly, Seattle defensive back grabs and holds onto Zach Ertz' jersey to prevent him from getting out of his break. (It was the play he got the concussion on). It was not called.  The illegal forward pass by Wilson should have been challenged by Philly, but everyone is overlooking the fact that the referees blew the call.  Same with the challenge where the Eagles receiver clearly caught the ball for a first down and was pushed backwards on the tackle. 

I think the biggest turning point and biggest play responsible for the Eagles loss was the Wentz fumble. So that's clearly on the team. But the refereeing last night definitely favored Seattle. Not saying it was premeditated or intention, but it was clear to see as a viewer and inarguable watching highlights. 

Seahawks played like they were facing execution if they lost, gotta tip your cap to them. Eagles didn't look terrible, in hindsight I bet Pederson wishes he went for it on those 4th down plays, and obviously the fumble at the goal line was a dagger to the heart. I'd be worried if they looked flat or made stupid mistakes. They played their asses off and ran into a juggernaut at the loudest stadium in the league. 

Gotta beat the Rams though. That's the game where I want to see them play with the intensity that the Seahawks had last night. Play like it's the playoffs, because that's pretty much what it is. First seed is still there for the taking, and if you get that you're the favorite to go to the SB. 

They needed a game like this I think.  Things were just going way too good but now it's snap back to reality time for everyone.  Really didn't get the play calling by Pederson in the 1st half.  Hardly any throws to Ertz or Jeffery.  Lots of short passes.  Just doesn't make any sense, not sure what he saw there.

Wentz, as amazing of a QB he is and will continue to be, had his bad game.  He still the franchise QB and he is still in the convo for MVP although Russell Wilson may now be the front-runner with Brady then Wentz after him.

get over this one quickly and refocus.  This Rams game is very big now.  They need to show that there blowouts of bad teams weren't just a fluke.  Take down the Rams in their place and they're back on track.

inarguable
I think you're working on an expectation of "perfection or nothing" when it comes to NFL refs. Be prepared to spend exactly 50% of your viewership in a glass case of emotion. 

Inarguable? I don't think that any sane person could have expected that lateral during the game to be called forward after seeing it live one time and no replays. You might want to stop for a moment and ask yourself what it is you really expect from refs on weekly basis. Emotional fan(atic)s have established a standard that just isn't realistic IMO. You want to be one of those guys? IMO the NFL refs do a hell of a good job on a weekly basis. I know that's not popular to say, but there it is. 

Goff or Wentz? I take Wentz long term. I think Goff will be solid, but Wentz has more of "it". Just a player that will do what's needed to make a play when needed. It's similar to what we've seen in Wilson over the past six years. Goff just looks like he lives on the edge of screwing up all the time. The interception he threw in the Washington game is what I expect from him all the time still. That could change. Really looking forward what I hope is a close game next week. I specifically want to see which QB makes plays late in the game when their team needs it for a win. For now, I expect it to be Wentz. Its a great feeling as a Seattle fan. I expect Wilson to make a play late to win every game. I know it won't happen every game, but I'm never surprised when it does happen. Dude is a gamer in the clutch. There's a special place in heaven for guys like that, and in Canton too. 

We could make the same arguments about all the NFC contenders.

Fact of the matter is the Eagles played all the top teams on the road.  Winning on the road in the NFL is difficult.  Losing to Seattle and Kansas City on the road isn't too concerning to me.  They might be the two toughest places to play in the NFL. 

Look at their NFC competition

The Vikings lost to the #14 ranked team AT HOME.  

The Saints are 1-3 vs. the top 10.  Losing AT HOME vs. NE.

The Rams are 1-2 vs. the top 10.  Losing AT HOME to Seattle.  Heck, they even lost AT HOME to Washington.

The Panther lost to the #25 Chicago Bears.

The Falcons lost to the #22 and #29 ranked team AT HOME.

The Seahawks lost AT HOME to Washington.

The Eagles and Saints are the only teams that don't have any "bad" losses in the NFC playoff picture right now.

They needed a game like this I think.  Things were just going way too good but now it's snap back to reality time for everyone.  Really didn't get the play calling by Pederson in the 1st half.  Hardly any throws to Ertz or Jeffery.  Lots of short passes.  Just doesn't make any sense, not sure what he saw there.

Wentz, as amazing of a QB he is and will continue to be, had his bad game.  He still the franchise QB and he is still in the convo for MVP although Russell Wilson may now be the front-runner with Brady then Wentz after him.

get over this one quickly and refocus.  This Rams game is very big now.  They need to show that there blowouts of bad teams weren't just a fluke.  Take down the Rams in their place and they're back on track.
Totally agree, part of the growing process for Wentz lets see how he bounces back. It was a tough road game against a recent SB champ, no shame in what happened. Coaches needed it too, good reminder they have some work to do.

In reality we have 10 wins, at the start of the year I would have been ecstatic if that's where we ended up at year end. As far as the progression of a young franchise QB we are well ahead of the curve, all the SB talk is media hype that gives the haters something to whine about when their teams are in the toilet no one really expects that. I think we are in the mix with about 5 other teams, will be fun to watch it play out and love the fact we have our QB.  

Seattle defensive back grabs and holds onto Zach Ertz' jersey to prevent him from getting out of his break. (It was the play he got the concussion on). It was not called. 
To be fair, just about any elite TE deals with this sort of crap. Without it, these huge fast guys like Ertz/Gronk/etc are impossible to cover. Gronk deals with jersey tugging on pretty much every single play if you watch for it. 

I think you're working on an expectation of "perfection or nothing" when it comes to NFL refs. Be prepared to spend exactly 50% of your viewership in a glass case of emotion. 

Inarguable? I don't think that any sane person could have expected that lateral during the game to be called forward after seeing it live one time and no replays. You might want to stop for a moment and ask yourself what it is you really expect from refs on weekly basis. Emotional fan(atic)s have established a standard that just isn't realistic IMO. You want to be one of those guys? IMO the NFL refs do a hell of a good job on a weekly basis. I know that's not popular to say, but there it is. 
Seattle fans should love referees.  They allow their defensive backs to get away with murder.  And have for years.  So it doesn't surprise me to hear you say they do a hell of a job.  Are you saying you didn't see the grab onto Ertz' jersey on the play I was referring to? Which happened to happen shortly after three illegal contact calls against Philly on one drive. 

To be fair, just about any elite TE deals with this sort of crap. Without it, these huge fast guys like Ertz/Gronk/etc are impossible to cover. Gronk deals with jersey tugging on pretty much every single play if you watch for it. 
But when an Eagle grabbed Jimmy Grahams' jersey the same way, it was a hold and automatic first down. I don't care how the refs decide to call a game. Just be consistent. 

Seattle fans should love referees.  They allow their defensive backs to get away with murder.  And have for years.  So it doesn't surprise me to hear you say they do a hell of a job.  Are you saying you didn't see the grab onto Ertz' jersey on the play I was referring to? Which happened to happen shortly after three illegal contact calls against Philly on one drive. 
Of course I saw it. I see stuff that doesn't get called in every game on both teams. That's going to happen and there's nothing you or I can do about it. If you want to debate using instant replay for penalties I think there's a case for it all the time. I actually think teams should be able to challenge flags just like possession plays. Why not? i guess you can make a case that it interferes with the flow of the game.

Your "I know for a fact" that Seattle defensive backs are getting away with something that others aren't is just wrong. Say it all you want, but making statements like that are akin to Kennedy conspiracies to me. 

When the team’s record is 0-9 in games when that back judge is throwing phantom pass interference calls against them, well shoot me for thinking that maybe there is a bit of a bias. 

Of course I saw it. I see stuff that doesn't get called in every game on both teams. That's going to happen and there's nothing you or I can do about it. If you want to debate using instant replay for penalties I think there's a case for it all the time. I actually think teams should be able to challenge flags just like possession plays. Why not? i guess you can make a case that it interferes with the flow of the game.

Your "I know for a fact" that Seattle defensive backs are getting away with something that others aren't is just wrong. Say it all you want, but making statements like that are akin to Kennedy conspiracies to me. 
You're a Seattle fan. Of course you're not going to admit it. 

A little disappointed with the Ref whining in here... it's a bad look, guys. 

It sucks when stuff gets called / doesn't get called.... but that's part of the game and when you watch the game through neutral glasses, it goes both ways. Refs are human. The game moves fast. They don't always see everything. 

Tough loss... you guys will be fine going forward. Tone down the whining and focus on the stuff you can control, IMO. 

It sucks when stuff gets called / doesn't get called.... but that's part of the game and when you watch the game through neutral glasses, it goes both ways. Refs are human. The game moves fast. They don't always see everything. 

Tough loss... you guys will be fine going forward. Tone down the whining and focus on the stuff you can control, IMO. 
I stated quite clearly that the reason the Eagles lost that game was the fumble out of the back of the end zone when it was 10-3.  Eagles score there and momentum swings into their favor and it's a whole different ballgame.  The bad calls are only being talked about because there's as Seahawks fan in the thread pretending they never happened. 

I understand the vitrol for the refs.  They made some absolutely horrendous calls.  But at the end of the game, this one was on the Eagles, plain and simple.  Even if some of the calls were reversed or called correctly who is to say the outcome would've been different.  They may have lost 24-17.  Still an L anyway you slice it.

The bad calls are only being talked about because there's as Seahawks fan in the thread pretending they never happened. 
Pretending? I fully admit bad calls happen in every game. I said as much in a post above. 

Apologies. I will leave and let you have the last word. You may now return to your own personal everyone-is-horribly-biased world. 

Instead of whining about the refs, perhaps concern can be voiced over Big V getting man handled and Doug/Wentz coming up small in their first big game opportunity. 

This upcoming game will tell us more about where this team stands going forward.

Pretending? I fully admit bad calls happen in every game. I said as much in a post above. 

Apologies. I will leave and let you have the last word. You may now return to your own personal everyone-is-horribly-biased world. 
LOL  You're adorable. You guys got a home win.  Congrats. You're 8-4. Good luck if you guys make the playoffs.

Instead of whining about the refs, perhaps concern can be voiced over Big V getting man handled and Doug/Wentz coming up small in their first big game opportunity. 

This upcoming game will tell us more about where this team stands going forward.
I'd say the Thursday night game in Carolina was a big game and both Doug and Wentz did just fine.  You're right about the Rams game.  Big test. 

Giants HC Ben Porn stache McAdoo and GM Jerry Reese have been given the pink slip this Morning. In my best Vince McMahon impersonation they were told 'YOUR FFFFFFFFIIIIIIIRRRRREEEEDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!"

I'd say the Thursday night game in Carolina was a big game and both Doug and Wentz did just fine.  You're right about the Rams game.  Big test. 
Fair point. I’ll counter with there’s a lot more riding on these 2 games than that Car early season game

Meh.

I didn't think SEA beat the Birds as much as they beat themselves.  The fumble was backbreaking and I didn't think Doug was on top of his game.  Two or three plays and the Eagles win that game.  
I agree which is why this game pissed me off. Of coarse all the haters out there are saying now Wentz was exposed. Had some Titians fan talking trash last night and I kinda reminded him who his QB was everyone thought was gonna dominate defenses and really hasn't. Then you got the dumb Sea fans chiming in. We didn't lose to a better team we beat ourselves. Like I said last night poster on another board I post at has a serious love issue with Russ Wilson. He comes in basically trolling said the Eagles lost to a more elite team. I'm glad most of the board in the thread laughed at him. That's when I called him a fraud and said stop being a ##### and if you want to be a Sea fan go and do it but don't be on here after not being here all season where all you've done the past 5 yrs is throw a #####fest when the Eagles are losing and then you suddenly the last year or so convinelty show when they play Sea. Really can't stand people like that. I don't mind if he likes Wilson or the Seahawks but if he's gonna turn his back on the Eagles and root for them do it. 

Yes Sea is the most penalized team but it's pretty convent when their DB's get away with massive holding the WR and TE. Gronk flipped out yesterday because he never gets that call despite what many people think. I've watched a lot of Patriot games over the years do to Gronk being on my keeper team but because I want to see them lose. However as much as I hate NE Gronk is right he's getting held up etc and he's not getting the calls Graham was getting last night. It's why I've said for yrs the Sea D isn't as elite as people think meaning I don't think the players are world beaters. They just fit the system and for yrs the DB and LB have gotten away with holding the Receivers and PI. Yes Sea is the most penalized team. HOWEVER I WAS NOT SAYING THATS WHY THEY LOST!!!! The Eagles shot themselves in the foot more so then Sea was just the better team. Clean up the mistakes and that game is in Philly and it's a win IMHO.  

But when an Eagle grabbed Jimmy Grahams' jersey the same way, it was a hold and automatic first down. I don't care how the refs decide to call a game. Just be consistent. 
I agree it's why I'm not a fan of people who think Sea has such an elite secondary. Those guys go elsewhere and get called for everything. I'm starting to think Byron Maxwell was only so good in Sea because he was able to get away with murder and he goes to a different team they call everything on him. I don't care how an officiating crew calls the game but be consistent. It's why I hate the NBA so much. Certain rules only pertain to certain players and Rules in place aren't enforced. I wish the NFL had a rule for players flopping and deemed them personal fouls. To many of these guys flop like a fish especially Cam. Don't get me started on PI and holding. Apparently every crew has a different meaning of what that is. Darby was flagged for a PI where it was either more of a no called of Offensive PI and then late in the game our guy gets interfered with Downfield they throw the flag then pick it up for a similar play from Darby for the exception ur guy never interfered offensively. It's frustrating as hell. I can't imagine how the players in the league feel. 

[icon] said:

This isn't about just last nights game. More so general talk on Sea and it's defense. Sea fans love to complain about being called My cousin has season tickets there so he sees almost every game. Yes he's an Eagles fan but all the hawk fans do is complain about being penalized and he just laughs. He said Sea secondary gets away with Murder constantly and the fans are lucky they aren't called for half of the #### they get away with. He doesn't think without those penalties Sea D is as elite as they seemed to be. This has been going on since Carrol got there. Sure it doesn't look good on us for complaining but when the complaints are legit it's warranted. Of coarse you add a Seattle fan who thinks his team is hosed constantly and his secondary does an amazing job and it just looks more like we are winning. 

Hooper31 said:

Remind me again when Sea realized they had a Football team. Was it before or after Pete Carrol got there? BTW You should've handed it off to Lynch

JuniorNB said:
LOL  You're adorable. You guys got a home win.  Congrats. You're 8-4. Good luck if you guys make the playoffs.
I love trolls. This is the type of Sea fan on social media right now going after us. I love how he pretends not to be trolling but then brings up stuff that he knows he'll get a reaction too in a negative way or makes a comment he knows will rile people up. Definition of trolling. It's adorable though. 

fred_1_15301 said:
Eagles + 2 for next week.  
Which tells you what Vegas sees. They see a really good team that got embarrassed on national TV coming back and laying the wood on the road. A 10-2 team is a 2 point favorite on the road against a 9-3 team. Yea. 

Always enjoy fans of other teams showing up after a win and calling out the opponents teams fans. Then are surprised that they get blowback. Talk about the game and not us or gtfo. 
Always fun. I have no idea why we are so hated. it's not like we're NE and won multiple titles. Is it the whole media persona of how terrible our fanbase is because if it is that's quite juvenile. NFL Memes last night had a terrible Meme where a guy had a blank google screen with the option. It's when you ask an Eagles fan who their QB was before Wentz. Almost immediately Eagles fans rattled off names. Heck there were even Giant, Redskins, Cowboy fans saying we were loyal and you must be talking about NE or Sea or something. Haters will be out in full force all week. I post at a Phillies board and we dealt with trolls like this all the time. The met trolls were the best when they had their fun. After their historic choke job and the Phillies won the WS many of them stopped showing up. Had a few Dodgers trolls too. I also posted at a MLB main board and somehow they all went trolling the Phillies board when Howard won the MVP. Turned into a huge **** measuring match instead. After it was all over at least 3 of the main MLB board posters started talking #### on Philly. I asked them what did they expect going to my board acting like a bunch of clowns? You went in there guns blazing and instead of having a rational conversation and debate you immediately started with the juvenile fan mistreatments. 

Which tells you what Vegas sees. They see a really good team that got embarrassed on national TV coming back and laying the wood on the road. A 10-2 team is a 2 point favorite on the road against a 9-3 team. Yea. 
Curious to see how the action moves that line

Users who are viewing this thread