What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (1 Viewer)

Always fun. I have no idea why we are so hated. it's not like we're NE and won multiple titles. Is it the whole media persona of how terrible our fanbase is because if it is that's quite juvenile. NFL Memes last night had a terrible Meme where a guy had a blank google screen with the option. It's when you ask an Eagles fan who their QB was before Wentz. Almost immediately Eagles fans rattled off names. Heck there were even Giant, Redskins, Cowboy fans saying we were loyal and you must be talking about NE or Sea or something. Haters will be out in full force all week. I post at a Phillies board and we dealt with trolls like this all the time. The met trolls were the best when they had their fun. After their historic choke job and the Phillies won the WS many of them stopped showing up. Had a few Dodgers trolls too. I also posted at a MLB main board and somehow they all went trolling the Phillies board when Howard won the MVP. Turned into a huge **** measuring match instead. After it was all over at least 3 of the main MLB board posters started talking #### on Philly. I asked them what did they expect going to my board acting like a bunch of clowns? You went in there guns blazing and instead of having a rational conversation and debate you immediately started with the juvenile fan mistreatments. 
I had heard people saying they thought the little celebrations the players were doing was an indication that they were getting cocky and getting big heads. Also heard so many people saying that they can't believe Eagles fans think they have the Super Bowl locked up. LOL  As if anyone had even said that.  Sports fans are a weird, jealous bunch.  Also, fans love to point out that the eagles have no rings. On years when the Birds are clearly better than their teams, it makes them feel a little better about themselves. So with most media outlets ranking the Eagles #1 in their power rankings, it was making them nervous that they'd lose their ace in the hole anytime they're losing an argument. That's why they're so elated that the Eagles took a loss last night. 

Been awhile since we felt that losing feeling. If we're honest with ourselves, we we're due for a game like this. Now let's just hope the coaches point out all of the opportunities they had this week. 
And someone points out to the coaches (Dougie P.) all the opportunities they had (overly conservative play-calling in the first half, bad decision not to challenge lateral)

And someone points out to the coaches (Dougie P.) all the opportunities they had (overly conservative play-calling in the first half, bad decision not to challenge lateral)
It felt a lot like the Dallas game last year. A lot of missed opportunities and conservative calls. 

I get all that, but in this situation I don’t agree. You give up any more points and the game is close to being out of reach. It would’ve made it fourth down and you get the ball back with all the momentum on the road. A lost timeout is meaningless after that because they scored and put the game away. Just my :2cents:  
2 TDs with 10+ minutes left is not out of reach for this team

When you're division sucks and you play the NFC and AFC West, yea you're strength of schedule will be weak. Same as every year. Doesn't make the top teams bad because they destroy inferior competition.

I think this week the haters that were hiding in their closets pining for this day will be out in force. They may not get another chance this year.
Feel much the same way. The schedule ended up easy according to W/L, but that might also be a little misleading. Eagles beat the Skins twice BEFORE the injury bug destroyed them, and the Giants early on before they lost half their team. Redskins and Giants have terrible records but aren't terrible teams. They also solidly beat the Chargers on the road, who are showing themselves to be a playoff contender.

This team is every bit as good as the Vikings, Rams, and Saints....but they do lack playoff experience. They weren't out-classed last night...that game was closer then the score and just a play or two away...on the road. The Eagles might not be ready to go to a Super Bowl, but they're right there with every other team fighting for it

I get blind homerism at times, but really? How many times does it have to be said that Seattle leads the NFL in flags against? Once more I guess. 

Further, I get the negative perception about Seattle and whining from way back in the super bowl when they had some calls go against them in 2005. Damn, that was 12 years ago. Its a bad look for anyone. However, I distinctly remember admitting Seattle didn't deserve to win that game immediately after. You have that in you? I must admit, as a group of fans posting here on this message board the Eagle fans here are quite a group. You have a lot passion. That's cool, but which of you is the sane logical one that pulls people back to reality and realizes that there was no conspiracy to have the Eagles lose because of penalties?
This is true. There were a few calls I didn't like last night but nothing egregious. The lateral non-call was impactful but a tough one in real time. And there were a couple missed calls the other way.

The only game that Eagles fans can truly complain about was the Carolina game.

This is true. There were a few calls I didn't like last night but nothing egregious. The lateral non-call was impactful but a tough one in real time. And there were a couple missed calls the other way.

:goodposting:  

And even in that game, it wasn't the fact that the calls against the Eagles were egregious.  it was just that they didn't call anything against Carolina which obviously means they weren't consistent.  

I had heard people saying they thought the little celebrations the players were doing was an indication that they were getting cocky and getting big heads. Also heard so many people saying that they can't believe Eagles fans think they have the Super Bowl locked up. LOL  As if anyone had even said that.  Sports fans are a weird, jealous bunch.  Also, fans love to point out that the eagles have no rings. On years when the Birds are clearly better than their teams, it makes them feel a little better about themselves. So with most media outlets ranking the Eagles #1 in their power rankings, it was making them nervous that they'd lose their ace in the hole anytime they're losing an argument. That's why they're so elated that the Eagles took a loss last night. 
I could see that. However The Eagles celebrations were way more tame respectful compared to some others I was seeing. These guys aren't Cam who is always looking for the camera but when people celebrate on him complains. That's my issue with some of these complainers. Some of these guys love to shove it in people's face and then it comes back on them they complain about it. Haven't heard of any of that with Eagles players. Many of these players seem committed to the team not some Me first TO, Prime Time Cam type player. I like they allowed team celebrations back. Makes the game more fun I know some of the old heads hate it but thats just them. 

Eagles practice facility this week is Angels stadium which was set up as a football field for the week. I'm sure they were hooked up with this by their favorite season ticket holder. 

looks like you are right, that was the opening line, though now it has flipped.

http://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/philadelphia-los-angeles-odds-december-10-2017-788993

My bad. I heard this morning they were favored by 2. Guess they misspoke. 

Nevermind Right here Bleacher report says Eagles -2.5

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2747272-nfl-week-14-predictions-projections-for-the-early-lines-spreads-and-odds
Don't trust bleacherreport there, that isn't accurate.  The line was never in favour for the Eagles (might have been before last night's game but as soon as last nights game was over, every betting site had the rams favoured.

http://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/odds/line-history/788993

Well, our new thread title certainly isn't doing us any favours there :P

2 TDs with 10+ minutes left is not out of reach for this team
Right, which is why I said “close to being out of reach”. They just scored and had momentum, that play and ensuing Seattle TD basically killed it all. They needed that fourth down, he had to throw the red flag. Let’s let it go, nothing you say will change my mind, nor me with you. We move on to LA. 

I like going into the game as the underdog. It's been quite a few games since that has been the case. I hope they approach it with an underdog attitude and a bit of a chip on their shoulder. Including Doug.

Right, which is why I said “close to being out of reach”. They just scored and had momentum, that play and ensuing Seattle TD basically killed it all. They needed that fourth down, he had to throw the red flag. Let’s let it go, nothing you say will change my mind, nor me with you. We move on to LA. 
I’m on your side of this argument.  But water under the bridge.......

I agree which is why this game pissed me off. Of coarse all the haters out there are saying now Wentz was exposed. Had some Titians fan talking trash last night and I kinda reminded him who his QB was everyone thought was gonna dominate defenses and really hasn't. Then you got the dumb Sea fans chiming in. We didn't lose to a better team we beat ourselves. Like I said last night poster on another board I post at has a serious love issue with Russ Wilson. He comes in basically trolling said the Eagles lost to a more elite team. I'm glad most of the board in the thread laughed at him. That's when I called him a fraud and said stop being a ##### and if you want to be a Sea fan go and do it but don't be on here after not being here all season where all you've done the past 5 yrs is throw a #####fest when the Eagles are losing and then you suddenly the last year or so convinelty show when they play Sea. Really can't stand people like that. I don't mind if he likes Wilson or the Seahawks but if he's gonna turn his back on the Eagles and root for them do it. 
Half your posts are about arguing with Eagles haters. Life’s too short for that ish, man.

Don't trust bleacherreport there, that isn't accurate.  The line was never in favour for the Eagles (might have been before last night's game but as soon as last nights game was over, every betting site had the rams favoured.

http://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/odds/line-history/788993
This was the link they used.

http://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/odds

It shows Eagles -2.5 at the bottom. That was the opening. Like others have said it moved pretty quickly to Rams favored.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping this loss gets them to take #### seriously - everyone denies it and talks a good game, but 4 straight blowouts makes you complacent.  This hopefully is the come to Jesus moment,  As a fan - remember this was a 7=9 team last year.  Literally did not have a winniog record, so expecting 15-1 is overdoing it.  This is fine - we'll lose some here and there.  It's ok - let's get tested NOW, before the playoffs hit.  #1 seed is lost, but man, if you need to go 15-1 for #1 seed, thats a tall order.

Hoping this loss gets them to take #### seriously - everyone denies it and talks a good game, but 4 straight blowouts makes you complacent.  This hopefully is the come to Jesus moment,  As a fan - remember this was a 7=9 team last year.  Literally did not have a winniog record, so expecting 15-1 is overdoing it.  This is fine - we'll lose some here and there.  It's ok - let's get tested NOW, before the playoffs hit.  #1 seed is lost, but man, if you need to go 15-1 for #1 seed, thats a tall order.
I think Minnesota trips up at some point. Same deal as us. Hard to keep on winning at that rate.

could see Carolina at home fighting for their playoff lives doing it.  This will be Minnys THIRD road game in a row... that's tough.  Plus is the first one outside of a dome. 

I think Carolina takes it.
Possibly.  I'm just not sold that Carolina is very good.  Quite honestly, I think Minnesota has the better QBs of the 2 teams.   :shrug:  

Possibly.  I'm just not sold that Carolina is very good.  Quite honestly, I think Minnesota has the better QBs of the 2 teams.   :shrug:  
Ya Keenum is playing great.  I also don't think Carolina is as good as advertised, but I think they find a way to pull this game out.  Can't see Minny going on the road 3 weeks in a row and winning all of them.

Ya Keenum is playing great.  I also don't think Carolina is as good as advertised, but I think they find a way to pull this game out.  Can't see Minny going on the road 3 weeks in a row and winning all of them.
let's get those refs from the Eagles game to officiate, Minny needs some adversity (i kid)

Carolina, Cincy, GB, Chicago.  Who trips them up?  Maybe GB if Rodgers is back.  That's about it.
Viking fan here.  Carolina is just simply not as good as the vikings right now.  Not that that guarantees a win, but I'm pretty confident Min wins this game.  And the Packers do not scare me right now, with or without Rodgers.  Frankly I desperately hope Rodgers does play in that game, as I'm sick of Packer fans whining about losing that last game on a dirty hit, blah, blah, blah.  Vikes have won 3 out of 4 against the Pack, with Rodgers starting all of them.

Eagles look awfully damn good.  Wentz seems set to terrorize the NFC for the next 15 years.  But right now, this season, I like my team and welcome the possibility of meeting the Iggles in a playoff game, home or away.  Also heard but can't confirm that if both teams win out, the Eagles would grab the top seed on tiebreakers.  Can anyone confirm this?

Viking fan here.  Carolina is just simply not as good as the vikings right now.  Not that that guarantees a win, but I'm pretty confident Min wins this game.  And the Packers do not scare me right now, with or without Rodgers.  Frankly I desperately hope Rodgers does play in that game, as I'm sick of Packer fans whining about losing that last game on a dirty hit, blah, blah, blah.  Vikes have won 3 out of 4 against the Pack, with Rodgers starting all of them.

Eagles look awfully damn good.  Wentz seems set to terrorize the NFC for the next 15 years.  But right now, this season, I like my team and welcome the possibility of meeting the Iggles in a playoff game, home or away.  Also heard but can't confirm that if both teams win out, the Eagles would grab the top seed on tiebreakers.  Can anyone confirm this?
I think the tiebreaker would come down to strength of victory so I have no idea how it could be determined right now that Philly would win the tiebreaker.  Unless I'm missing something (which I probably am).

I think its the opposite, at least as it currently stands.  I suppose a win over the Rams this week may put our SOS above Minny's.  Certainly the remaining matchups of the Gints, Raiders and Cowboys don't do much to bolster our strength of schedule.  

I think its the opposite, at least as it currently stands.  I suppose a win over the Rams this week may put our SOS above Minny's.  Certainly the remaining matchups of the Gints, Raiders and Cowboys don't do much to bolster our strength of schedule.  
1.  First tiebreaker is head-to-head - Eagles and Vikings don't play each other

2. Second tiebreaker is conference record - Eagles and Vikings would have the same record

3.  Third tiebreaker is record against common opponents - Eagles and Vikings would have same record

4.  Fourth tiebreaker is strength of victory (not schedule) - I'm not sure how we can predict who would win this category with 4 weeks still left in the season.  The Vikings had the Bears twice and the Browns.  But the Eagles had the Giants twice and the Bears.  So they both had some of the bottom feeders.

4.  Fourth tiebreaker is strength of victory (not schedule) - I'm not sure how we can predict who would win this category with 4 weeks still left in the season.  The Vikings had the Bears twice and the Browns.  But the Eagles had the Giants twice and the Bears.  So they both had some of the bottom feeders.
There's enough distance between MIN and us on this already that we pretty much won't win this tie-breaker. 

It's simple right now: we no longer control our own destiny for the 1 seed. Need a MIN loss to have a chance to get that back and even then have to run the table.

That would be nuts....NFC Championship in MIN....Super Bowl in MIN.  

There's enough distance between MIN and us on this already that we pretty much won't win this tie-breaker. 

It's simple right now: we no longer control our own destiny for the 1 seed. Need a MIN loss to have a chance to get that back and even then have to run the table.
You're right.  It's probably almost mathematically impossible for the Eagles to get the 1 seed if both teams win out.  

Well MN is gonna lose at least 2 more so we should be golden

Even the fact we're talking #1 vs #2 seed is saying something about how far we've come - but still, let's beat the Rams Sunday, then we'll talk.  We lose to them, the #1 seed isn;t our worry - it's "who have we beaten lately"..  I don't care about #1 seed, we were 7-9 last year.  Let's show we can beat the Rams.

Last edited by a moderator:
This New Orleans loss helps us greatly.

:thumbup:
Who owns tiebreaker on us and the Saints?  I'd love the HFA but honestly I'm hoping for just a bye right now.

If we beat the Rams, that puts us 2 games up on any other team for a bye, with 3 games to go.  I like that.

Users who are viewing this thread