Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street!

Insein

Philly fans should temporarily become big-time Cam Newton and the Panthers fans this weekend. It would be great if they could take Minnesota down. Cam is so erratic that you have no idea if you're getting Superman or Jamarcus Russell.  We need a Superman game. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

Philly fans should temporarily become big-time Cam Newton and the Panthers fans this weekend. It would be great if they could take Minnesota down. Cam is so erratic that you have no idea if you're getting Superman or Jamarcus Russell.  We need a Superman game. 

Eh...I think the Vikes win that game.  Funchess will be on lock down from Rhodes and I don't think Greg Olsen is playing right?  Maybe if Cam runs the ball they may squeak a victory out.

Still boggles my mind how good Case Keenum is playing, did not expect that at all.

7 hours ago, JuniorNB said:

I think Carolina finds a way. They have a shot at the division now and will play desperate.

6 hours ago, CentralPA said:

Eh...I think the Vikes win that game.  Funchess will be on lock down from Rhodes and I don't think Greg Olsen is playing right?  Maybe if Cam runs the ball they may squeak a victory out.

The Panthers D needs to play better than they did last week against the Saints. 

10 hours ago, JuniorNB said:

I just threw up in my mouth a little. I hate rooting for Cam period. 

Just now, JuniorNB said:

Can't think of a player I hate more.  But a Carolina win would be great for us, so I'll hold my nose and root for him. 

Yeah I've already got over my hatrid of Cam I think. It goes back to his days at Florida. And then he lied to NFL media when he got to the NFL how well he practiced and all the UF football writers basically posted articles and tweets of his practices and practically exposed his lie. I also was very friendly with a poster on the MLB.com Cardinals webpage message board who was the next door neighbor of Tebow. He said that Florida teammates hated Cam and he tried pulling the race card while there as well as a reason he wasn't starting a talked a ton of trash on Tebow which made him like PE #1 on campus. There were apparently parties thrown the night Cam was basically kicked off campus for good. His NFL Antics aren't much better. So yeah It's hard for me to root for him

I never understand the people who continue to always blame the HC for every loss no matter the reason. Wentz fumbled he missed Nelson on a wide open pass. They got a few bad penalty calls and yes Doug probably should have challenged the forward pass but being on the other side of the field Im sure it looked like a good play I know it did on live TV and we have a much better view then he did. Im not saying Doug called a great game but I blame Wentz and Big V for this loss more then anyone now we just have to see if they can bounce back.

3 hours ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

Carolina's D shows up as they are capable of and they have a good chance. Minnesota is no doubt impressive but I still don't think they are a juggernaught. I still fear the Saints overall weapons on paper more. But they are obviously a very good, resilient and well coached team.

This part is debatable sometimes.

6 hours ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

I meant Minnesota. 

I hope so because Ron Rivera seems like a poor mans version of Andy with less discipline of his players. There's some really head scratching decisions Ron makes that makes some of Andy's over the years look amazing. Then theres the indiscipline of his team on the field at times. Then the Andy type Time management of bad challenges, poor TO use, poor clock management of 2 min drill etc. 

9 hours ago, Nagle2998 said:

I never understand the people who continue to always blame the HC for every loss no matter the reason. Wentz fumbled he missed Nelson on a wide open pass. They got a few bad penalty calls and yes Doug probably should have challenged the forward pass but being on the other side of the field Im sure it looked like a good play I know it did on live TV and we have a much better view then he did. Im not saying Doug called a great game but I blame Wentz and Big V for this loss more then anyone now we just have to see if they can bounce back.

yeah it is just dumb. i liked when the sports media was calling for Brett Brown to be fired when the Sixers lost to the Cavs a week or 2 ago.

i do question why they seemed to be more conservative 1st half, and i'm legit scared if Eagles get the bye because they have looked flat as hell coming from those lay-offs, but i'm sure he has some reasons for it. he seems more like a coach who is open and learns from missteps

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

I hope so because Ron Rivera seems like a poor mans version of Andy with less discipline of his players. There's some really head scratching decisions Ron makes that makes some of Andy's over the years look amazing. Then theres the indiscipline of his team on the field at times. Then the Andy type Time management of bad challenges, poor TO use, poor clock management of 2 min drill etc. 

Panthers have been to the Super Bowl and have had a few good years without a ton of talent. think you need to give Ron some credit

• Like 1

Couple bad news tidbits today.  Sidney Jones not likely to play this season.  Was hoping to have him in there for playoffs but better to let him sit a few more months and we've done okay without him.

Ertz doubtful to play this week.  I know Burton has stepped in nicely but he's not the same factor as Ertz. 

Woods out this week so that's good.

This is the craziest thing I've ever seen.

Casting call for actors to play Rams fans for TV pregame show

Casting directors are now casting actors, models, and talent to work on Sunday, December 10th in Los Angeles, California.

Producers are seeking the following types:

We're looking for LA's biggest NFL fans to be a part of #NFLSunday's Los Angeles Rams vs. Philadelphia Eagles Pre Game Show!
Calling all LA Rams fans!

To audition for a role in the upcoming NFL Sunday pre-game show, check out the casting call breakdown below.

I'm speechless and have so many questions. I just...wow.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, modogg said:

yeah it is just dumb. i liked when the sports media was calling for Brett Brown to be fired when the Sixers lost to the Cavs a week or 2 ago.

i do question why they seemed to be more conservative 1st half, and i'm legit scared if Eagles get the bye because they have looked flat as hell coming from those lay-offs, but i'm sure he has some reasons for it. he seems more like a coach who is open and learns from missteps

Yet when you talk to people who aren't fans of the Sixers and National media they think Brown is a great coach and if he left Phlilly today any of the other NBA teams would be happy to employ them as their HC. 

14 hours ago, Deamon said:

Couple bad news tidbits today.  Sidney Jones not likely to play this season.  Was hoping to have him in there for playoffs but better to let him sit a few more months and we've done okay without him.

Ertz doubtful to play this week.  I know Burton has stepped in nicely but he's not the same factor as Ertz. 

Woods out this week so that's good.

I'd be afraid of plugging him in anyway.  Yeam as-is has chemistry, has played together - who do you sit for him?  Let him redshirt, get healthy, then play in training camp and the season next year.  We're not going to be able to keep Robinson, so the spot open up for him.

• Like 1

Update from Eagles. Carson Wentz Knee injury WON'T RETURN TO THE GAME. IT's Nick Foles time. I'd say we were incredible screwed but we got one of the better back ups in the league. 

First things first lets win this game. 2nd thing will be how bad Wentz is injured. 

5 minutes ago, Lehigh98 said:

Well, it was fun while it lasted.  Should at least still be able to back into winning the division.

Back into winning it? We already won with TOday's win I think. 

Just now, need2know said:

Wentz :sadbanana:

No real news besides a knee injury. Hopefully it's precautionary and given they have the Conference even if they lose today I hope thats what the reading is.