What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (4 Viewers)

So side note...

Maybe conspiracy theory a bit - does the league itself dictate to team what they want to see at all?  "Hey guys - ratings will be off the charts if we see the #1 and #2 of last year have a QB duel.  Maybe chill on too much running the ball".

Gurley had 13 carries despite doing very well.  Eagles were passing the ball at a 2:1 ratio, despite Ajayi doing well and defending the run being the Rams main weakness. Seems sketchy.
Can't get behind that.  What incentive would they have to "listen" to what they are told?  And what percentage would be needed of P/R?  Seems to vague to say "throw it more" when there's so much on the line.

Yep, that pretty much echo's where I'm at.
i've watched the clip like 5 times already. I F'n Love that kind of passion, would love watching the Birds with these guys. I'm lucky i'm not as heart-broken as Barcher (spelling?) is, and am little more optimistic, but man I absolutely love that clip. Shwartz needs to show this to the defense and give the BGN guys a shout out

Last edited by a moderator:
i've watched the clip like 5 times already. I F'n Love that kind of passion, would love watching the Birds with these guys. I'm lucky i'm not as heart-broken as BLG is, and am little more optimistic, but man I absolutely love that clip. Shwartz needs to show this to the defense and give the BGN guys a shout out
I've actually watched the whole video twice.  I feel like I belong with these guys in that room, they are echoing my feelings towards the situation to a T.  Better than I probably even did myself.  But it sums it up... especially at the end.  Ugh.  

I expected us as of this morning to have a really good shot to make the superbowl.  I know you haven't been around here much this year, but everyone in this group had that mentality that while it wasn't a given, we had a really good chance to win the big game this year.   We no longer have that really good chance.  So yes I'm shattered.
WHile it's true that it's no longer a good chance, that chance has NOT been reduced to zero. We've gone from the favorite to represent the NFC to an underdog, but this team has a punchers chance. Foles was once a pro-bowl MVP, and this coaching staff is better than any he's ever had...this TEAM is better than any he's ever had. The Eagles are still in the driver's seat for the top seed with three games left that Foles is more then capable of winning. It's not unreasonable to think that this team could be ready for and win a home game or two in the playoffs.

THIS SEASON IS NOT OVER!

I'm more propping up wentz than bashing foles.  Our defense isn't good enough to survive with just an okay or a decent QB.  Wentz was on another level this year.  The way we've been playing wasn't good enough to win the superbowl.  We needed to be BETTER than we are right now to win it.  And if Foles drops us down, our defense/other positions will have to step up just to be the SAME as we are now. 

I don't think everything crashes and we lose the next 3.  In fact I think we win 2 games and get the bye.  Winning 3 playoff games vs VERY good teams is not likely without Wentz though.  That guy was lights out.
I love Wentz...off the chart intangibles, good head on his shoulders, one of the best escape artists in the game today...but I was struggling to understand why so many thought he was a top 2 or 3 QB already. He was leaving plays on the field, missing throws he should have made even when making a couple others few could. I think we've been so enamoured of the WOW plays we've over-looked the fact that he still had a ways to go in some areas.

You aren't giving the rest of this team nearly enough credit. They're still going to win the next two...and they may not even need week 17 to secure the top seed.

I love Wentz...off the chart intangibles, good head on his shoulders, one of the best escape artists in the game today...but I was struggling to understand why so many thought he was a top 2 or 3 QB already. He was leaving plays on the field, missing throws he should have made even when making a couple others few could. I think we've been so enamoured of the WOW plays we've over-looked the fact that he still had a ways to go in some areas.

You aren't giving the rest of this team nearly enough credit. They're still going to win the next two...and they may not even need week 17 to secure the top seed.
Even Brady misses throws and leaves plays on the field. 

Again, I think they likely win the next two even with Foles.  I think we win 2 of our last 3 and get a bye.  It's not those games I'm worried about.  This team is great. When paired with a great QB, they are elite.  When paired with a pretty good qb, they can be pretty good.  Pretty good isn't going to win us the big game this year, and that sucks.  Those BGN guys nail it pretty good... trying to be positive but this becomes a brand new team with a new dynamic now.

We have good running backs, Foles is as good a back up we could ask for as we already had a young franchise QB where it made sense to have a veteran behind him. The D can step up although today was rough. A lot better position than this time last year.  :hifive:

Anyone know the scenario where Rivers played through one? Can’t imagine that would happen here seeing how it buckled walking and pushing back the recovery time screws next season even more?
Didn't the Rivers injury happen in game and he stayed in while Tomlinson also got dinged up and took himself out? Was that against N.E.?

Didn't the Rivers injury happen in game and he stayed in while Tomlinson also got dinged up and took himself out? Was that against N.E.?
I believe it was the week before then he played NE the following week and lost 21-12 and yeah LT took himself out w injury and was on the sideline w helmet in he whole game. 

So side note...

Maybe conspiracy theory a bit - does the league itself dictate to team what they want to see at all?  "Hey guys - ratings will be off the charts if we see the #1 and #2 of last year have a QB duel.  Maybe chill on too much running the ball".

Gurley had 13 carries despite doing very well.  Eagles were passing the ball at a 2:1 ratio, despite Ajayi doing well and defending the run being the Rams main weakness. Seems sketchy.
um, no.

Won the division, should get a bye, but I feel empty inside. 

cue the Arrested Development zoom in to Will Arnet while Simon and Garfunkel are playing the background.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Carson Wentz,

Let me tell you if they try to tell you to rehab in hopes you can play in the second round of the playoffs instead of surgery you should be very scared.

Sincerely,

Ryan Tannehill
Exactly what I came to post. This smells awfully like the Tannehill deal. Eagles should get that ACL fixed now OR keep $10 million in cap space to get Cutler in September.

Well, if the eagles needed some motivation they should have plenty now. All of the national media and I’m sure others are all writing the Eagles completely off. Acting like they are an easy win in the playoffs. Man, I hope this stuff works for some of these guys, would love to see fletcher cox come out and just kill OL men for the next month or 2.  

WHile it's true that it's no longer a good chance, that chance has NOT been reduced to zero. We've gone from the favorite to represent the NFC to an underdog, but this team has a punchers chance. Foles was once a pro-bowl MVP, and this coaching staff is better than any he's ever had...this TEAM is better than any he's ever had. The Eagles are still in the driver's seat for the top seed with three games left that Foles is more then capable of winning. It's not unreasonable to think that this team could be ready for and win a home game or two in the playoffs.

THIS SEASON IS NOT OVER!
:goodposting:

Eagles moving from 5-1 to 10-1 to win the SB in Vegas. Good. I hope items like that and the media writing them off as previously mentioned light a fire under this team. The most recent team with a lame duck QB in the playoffs to win the SB would be the SB50 Broncos. Foles presents more upside than Peyton at his end, all Peyton had to do was not turn the ball over. I think this is a rallying cry for the rest of the roster, it's not over yet. Yes Carson is another level, but this can be done in spite of the critics. I hope the media pours it on, give this roster as much bulletin board material as possible to get them hungry.

So if we win this week, we clinch a first round bye (tiebreaker over Panthers, Rams due to H2H, tiebreaker over Saints due to conference record).

If we win the next two weeks, we clinch #1 seed (tiebreaker over Vikings due to better won-loss % in common games).

I will significantly worry about two teams playing at the Linc: Saints with Brees, Packers with Rodgers. Hopefully, they either don't make the playoffs, or don't make it to the Linc. 

Ryan, Newton, Wilson, Goff, Keenum, on the Road? Not as worried about. Doesn't mean we will win, but I think we have a reasonable shot.

The good news if we finish #1 and Vikings finish #2, is we are likely to play the Vikings in the championship game if we get there. The divisional game may be our biggest challenge.

I don't know if I envy you guys being optimistic or pity you.  This team has been kicking me in the nuts for over 30 years and I'm still not smart enough to wear a cup.  Gonna wallow in misery for a day or two, maybe play Madden on easy and destroy the computer, that usually helps.

So if we win this week, we clinch a first round bye (tiebreaker over Panthers, Rams due to H2H, tiebreaker over Saints due to conference record).

If we win the next two weeks, we clinch #1 seed (tiebreaker over Vikings due to better won-loss % in common games).

I will significantly worry about two teams playing at the Linc: Saints with Brees, Packers with Rodgers. Hopefully, they either don't make the playoffs, or don't make it to the Linc. 

Ryan, Newton, Wilson, Goff, Keenum, on the Road? Not as worried about. Doesn't mean we will win, but I think we have a reasonable shot.

The good news if we finish #1 and Vikings finish #2, is we are likely to play the Vikings in the championship game if we get there. The divisional game may be our biggest challenge.
I'm sure Fox can't wait for the Foles-Keenum championship game.  Man, this league changes fast.

yeah, I don't think anybody in here is delusional enough to say this doesn't effect the team significantly. But Howie has done a good job of strengthening the overall roster, and there isn't a powerhouse in the NFC without a weakness. Super Bowl is a whole other conversation we can worry about in the 2 week lead up to that if it is the case.

Breaking News: Doug Peterson Starts his Press Conference saying Carson Wentz tore his ACL. Nick Foles is our QB and this is why we brought him in

Well poop.....as much as losing him for the remainder of this season hurts.....it'll suck into next season as well. 
QB position wise probably not as much as guys at other spots. Also most guys can be back now within 9 months. With that being said easy to see him miss all of preseason and then start Week 1 if he's ready. He's very young so he can heel faster then others. 

3 winnable games, keep the train rolling 

Backup QBs who won Super Bowl:

1. 1970 Earl Morrall (Unitas knocked out 2nd Q)

2. 1971 Roger Staubach (mid-season switch)

3. 1972 Bob Griese (halftime switch AFCCG)

4. 1974 Terry Bradshaw (benched 1st 6 games)

5. 1980 Jim Plunkett (mid-season switch)

6. 1990 Jeff Hosetler (Simms broke foot NFCCG)

7. 1999 Kurt Warner (Green ACL preseason)

8. 2000 Trent Dilfer (mid-season switch)

9. 2001 Tom ####### Brady 

My silver lining: My Foles Jersey that my ex-wife got for me for Christmas 2014 (right before he was traded a couple of months later) now comes out of mothballs.

This is a great opportunity for Doug Pederson to show he is a great coach, by tailoring the offense to Foles and being successful. Let's hope for 2002 AJ Feeley type of success.

Backup QBs who won Super Bowl:

1. 1970 Earl Morrall (Unitas knocked out 2nd Q)

2. 1971 Roger Staubach (mid-season switch)

3. 1972 Bob Griese (halftime switch AFCCG)

4. 1974 Terry Bradshaw (benched 1st 6 games)

5. 1980 Jim Plunkett (mid-season switch)

6. 1990 Jeff Hosetler (Simms broke foot NFCCG)

7. 1999 Kurt Warner (Green ACL preseason)

8. 2000 Trent Dilfer (mid-season switch)

9. 2001 Tom ####### Brady
Some of these are exaggerations. Staubach had been a part-time starter the previous 2 seasons and was the opening-day starter in 1971. Griese was the original starter in 1972 but got injured and Shula went with the hot hand (Morrall) the rest of the way. Bradshaw had been the starter for 3 years but was basically benched as a motivational ploy.

One name that should be on this list is Doug Williams. He only started 2 regular season games for the Redskins in 1987.

Wonder how foles will do from a fantasy perspective?  Against the Giants and raiders he could put up some numbers don't you think?

My silver lining: My Foles Jersey that my ex-wife got for me for Christmas 2014 (right before he was traded a couple of months later) now comes out of mothballs.

This is a great opportunity for Doug Pederson to show he is a great coach, by tailoring the offense to Foles and being successful. Let's hope for 2002 AJ Feeley type of success.
Then maybe Howie can still a 2nd or 3rd rounder from someone in the draft for him...

Per BGN

On a day where the Philadelphia Eagles received some terrible news — that Carson Wentz is out for the season due to a torn ACL — they also received some good news. Previously injured cornerback Sidney Jones has been cleared to return to practice this week. Eagles head coach Doug Pederson confirmed as much during his Monday press conference.

Jones has been fighting his way back from an Achilles injury that occurred at his pro day in March. Once thought as a potential top 10 pick, Jones’ injury caused him to fall to the second round of the 2017 NFL Draft where the Eagles selected him. 

Jones began the season on the reserve/non-football injury list, which means he hasn’t counted towards the Eagles’ 53-man roster. As a result, he’s been unable to practice with the team. Now that the Eagles have started to practice Jones, they’ll have a 21-day window where they can evaluate his readiness to return to the field. 

If the Eagles determine Jones is ready to contribute, they can activate him to their 53-man roster. If not, they can keep him shut down for the entire season. 

It’ll be interesting to see how the Eagles handle Jones. Philadelphia’s corners have been better than expected this season, but there’s still room for improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread