Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street!


Insein

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Saint said:

Man.  Most of the trains are sold out and SEPTA has been a PITA trying to get hold of someone to find rail tickets.  Anyone know any pre-pay lots to park in? 

That moment when you find the charter bus heading out at 6 AM to get you there by 8 AM!  Boo yah!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FMD1LTql6g

Can't wait!

 

Mark

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry if this was covered already. I wanted to see the cap number for Foles in 2018 so I went on Sportrac, $7.6MM against the cap. Noticed on Sportrac some language about 6.1MM/yr 2019 - 2021, but wanted to confirm if I'm reading it right. If he's an Eagle 23 days into 2019 league year, contract is void and he's an UFA. If he's traded, does the receiving team get the 6.1MM/yr through 2021? That's insane if a team believes in him and wants him for a few year run on a ready-now roster or while they bring a rookie up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JuniorNB said:

How anyone outside of New England can like that self-centered tool is beyond me. 

There are a lot of Patriots (Brady) fans in the State of Michigan. It’s a hard pass for me even if I’m a Wolverine fan. I just can’t root for that team. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been thinking a lot about how much this team has embraced the fans.  There are a lot of people involved in this win that a vocal minority of Eagles fans have been really hard on over the years.  Lurie is too cheap, Howie isn't a football guy, Doug isn't smart enough, Agholor can't catch, Kelce is too small, Brandon Graham is a bust.  Lane Johnson has had some run ins with fans in the past.

It would have been easy for any of them to say I told you so, but to a man they have been incredibly gracious about sharing this with Eagles fans. :thumbup:

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Regarding Foles future if you consider trading him I think it's only as a trade deadline deal start of next season. Someone will be desperate, he will get a chance to start the season to give Wentz time to heal and he deserves the chance to soak in that first home game after bringing  home the trophy. Is that always the Thursday night game to start the season? As I can't make it up for the parade I think that first home game is the main target on my radar now....should also be epic. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Regarding Foles future if you consider trading him I think it's only as a trade deadline deal start of next season. Someone will be desperate, he will get a chance to start the season to give Wentz time to heal and he deserves the chance to soak in that first home game after bringing  home the trophy. Is that always the Thursday night game to start the season? As I can't make it up for the parade I think that first home game is the main target on my radar now....should also be epic. 

Yes Philly will be playing at home to kick off the season.  My recollection is that since they started that Thursday night kickoff, only one team has lost their home opener (the Patriots last year).  I could be wrong on that but that's my recollection.  

ETA - Actually the visiting team won once before.  In 2012, the Cowboys beat the Giants (although that game was played on Wednesday instead of the usual Thursday).  

 

Edited by fred_1_15301
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Regarding Foles future if you consider trading him I think it's only as a trade deadline deal start of next season. Someone will be desperate, he will get a chance to start the season to give Wentz time to heal and he deserves the chance to soak in that first home game after bringing  home the trophy. Is that always the Thursday night game to start the season? As I can't make it up for the parade I think that first home game is the main target on my radar now....should also be epic. 

Yes Superbowl winner hosts the season opener recently. The ravens had some conflict with a baseball game so check into that. Its not etched in stone

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

Yes Philly will be playing at home to kick off the season.  My recollection is that since they started that Thursday night kickoff, only one team has lost their home opener (the Patriots last year).  I could be wrong on that but that's my recollection.  

ETA - Actually the visiting team won once before.  In 2012, the Cowboys beat the Giants (although that game was played on Wednesday instead of the usual Thursday).  

 

Oh man. Wife and I are going to try to get tickets but I don't anticipate that being easy or cheap. What a vibe that's going to be when they take the field.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Insein said:

I love watching that super cut of the international calls. Every time you see his face it's hilarious.

How cool is it that your first SB has all these awesome iconic moments? That play and Patricia's reaction, the ball going through Brady's fingertips, the Clement stiff arm, the strip sack and Brady sitting there afterward, defeated. And really just the fact that you were playing the Pats and they're all anyone was talking about. The point spread (and being underdogs vs. the Falcons and Vikings for that matter, AT HOME). No respect at all, and you shoved it right up their asses. You could not have scripted it any better.

  • Like 16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, McGarnicle said:

How cool is it that your first SB has all these awesome iconic moments? That play and Patricia's reaction, the ball going through Brady's fingertips, the Clement stiff arm, the strip sack and Brady sitting there afterward, defeated. And really just the fact that you were playing the Pats and they're all anyone was talking about. The point spread (and being underdogs vs. the Falcons and Vikings for that matter, AT HOME). No respect at all, and you shoved it right up their asses. You could not have scripted it any better.

It was a perfect Philadelphia script.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Insein said:

It was a perfect Philadelphia script.

At the home opener they need to weave those highlights in with the Rocky clips on the big screen. Fireworks, Swoop runs out, Eye of the Tiger cranked up, then the players run out of the tunnel. Fans with a heart condition need to exercise caution.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Deamon said:
17 hours ago, Billy Bats said:

Foles called for it, and Doug let him have it. ### #### that gives me chills!!! 

Maaaaan, watching that just made me tear up and smile at the same time.  Love Doug kind of taken aback at first and then is like 'sure why not'

“Conservative is the recipe for going 8-8.”

Quote of the year 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, McGarnicle said:

How cool is it that your first SB has all these awesome iconic moments? That play and Patricia's reaction, the ball going through Brady's fingertips, the Clement stiff arm, the strip sack and Brady sitting there afterward, defeated. And really just the fact that you were playing the Pats and they're all anyone was talking about. The point spread (and being underdogs vs. the Falcons and Vikings for that matter, AT HOME). No respect at all, and you shoved it right up their asses. You could not have scripted it any better.

Don't forget Jenkins murdalizing Cooks. Man watching inside the NFL was awesome! They show Jenkins hit and then right after Brady's drop and Jenkins running up to him saying, "Come on Tom! Come on Tom!" :lmao:

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

Don't forget Jenkins murdalizing Cooks. Man watching inside the NFL was awesome! They show Jenkins hit and then right after Brady's drop and Jenkins running up to him saying, "Come on Tom! Come on Tom!" :lmao:

That was beyond awesome.

The Jenkins hit on Cooks was great too and perfectly legal but I hate seeing any head injuries for obvious reasons.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Bigboy10182000 said:

That hit was one of the most underrated storylines of the game IMO.

If the Pats offense had struggled, it would have been big.  Since brady threw for 500+ yards and every NE WR was running free all night, it's tough to make it impactful.

I can't help but wonder if the defense overprepped for covering the passes to the RB's?  They had safeties down covering James White and Dion Lewis - perhaps that opened things up too much...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, babydemon90 said:

As an Eagles fan, I don't want him to leave.  If I were a Colts fan, it would make a lot of sense though.  I just hope if they do that we can keep DeFelippo as OC then.

Certainly a good opportunity for him, but would be nice to escape this offseason without losing any coaches or coordinators for another season.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Deamon said:

Maaaaan, watching that just made me tear up and smile at the same time.  Love Doug kind of taken aback at first and then is like 'sure why not'

He does seem to have a certain coaching instinct that can't be taught. His QB suggested that play, has confidence in running it, so Pederson has confidence in him to go out and execute it. Even though at first he was hesitant. Foles is out there in the heat of battle and has the feel of what will work, and letting him run that play is the ultimate vote of confidence. 

Good article on SI:

Quote

“Doug Pederson should’ve won coach of the year,” he told The MMQB. “I don’t know how that happened. He got one freaking vote. It’s embarrassing.”

Quote

But you cannot study what no one has ever seen. With two weeks to prepare, it was assumed Belichick would have the coaching edge over Pederson. But we were wrong. Given two weeks to prepare an injury-depleted offense with a backup quarterback under center, Pederson arrived with the answers to the test.

“Doug balled,” Ertz says, simply. “He called an unbelievable game.”

All due respect to McVay, who did a tremendous job transforming the Rams into a team to be feared in the NFC. But if it is truly a Coach of the Year honor, one that includes the biggest moments of the biggest game of the year, then it belongs to the guy who won on Sunday.

 

Edited by McGarnicle
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s a copycat league. What will other teams do to replicate the Eagles success? ? 

- replace their All Pro LT

- replace their MVP QB

- make a trade for a stud RB when you already have 3 serviceable guys

- find a backup who played QB in h.s. for that one play - and call it for the first time on 4th & goal in the biggest game of the year

Easy peasy 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Colts are expected to put in an interview request for Eagles OC Frank Reich regarding their head-coaching vacancy.

When all is said and done, the Colts could actually benefit from Josh McDaniels backing out on them. McDaniels has proven to be a total failure outside of New England in stops with the Broncos and Rams, and it's anybody's guess if he's actually any good. Reich, 56, got his coaching start in Indy in 2008, spending four years there with Peyton Manning. He's never been a head coach, but is a rising star in the coaching ranks after his work in Philly the past two seasons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, babydemon90 said:

As an Eagles fan, I don't want him to leave.  If I were a Colts fan, it would make a lot of sense though.  I just hope if they do that we can keep DeFelippo as OC then.

Yeah you guys should at the very least hope that Reich gets hired before DeFelippo gets offered an OC position (by the Vikes) so they can promote him and keep him.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, McGarnicle said:

He does seem to have a certain coaching instinct that can't be taught. His QB suggested that play, has confidence in running it, so Pederson has confidence in him to go out and execute it. Even though at first he was hesitant. Foles is out there in the heat of battle and has the feel of what will work, and letting him run that play is the ultimate vote of confidence. 

 

I think Pederson's coaching skills didn't really get attention til the postseason seeing what he brought out in Foles, which was too late for  COY.
With respect to hesitating on Philly Special, I read that he planned to use it in the second half, so could see him taking a second to re-evaluate.It was about when, vs. if, to use. They actually planned it for the Vikings game-----.

"Frank Reich, the Eagles offensive coordinator, said his team had been working on the play for several weeks. They hoped to use it against the Vikings in the N.F.C. Championship, but the Eagles didn’t because the score was so lopsided.

Reich said that Pederson wanted to use it in the second half Sunday but decided to call it during the first half instead.

“We thought it would be the dagger that would put the game out of reach,” he said.

Because there were so many reporters around during Super Bowl week, the team practiced the play in the ballroom of the team hotel."

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Mystery Achiever said:

I think Pederson's coaching skills didn't really get attention til the postseason seeing what he brought out in Foles, which was too late for  COY.
With respect to hesitating on Philly Special, I read that he planned to use it in the second half, so could see him taking a second to re-evaluate.It was about when, vs. if, to use. They actually planned it for the Vikings game-----.

"Frank Reich, the Eagles offensive coordinator, said his team had been working on the play for several weeks. They hoped to use it against the Vikings in the N.F.C. Championship, but the Eagles didn’t because the score was so lopsided.

Reich said that Pederson wanted to use it in the second half Sunday but decided to call it during the first half instead.

“We thought it would be the dagger that would put the game out of reach,” he said.

Because there were so many reporters around during Super Bowl week, the team practiced the play in the ballroom of the team hotel."

So ballsy, imagine what people say if it doesn't work.

Eagles played the Pats like the gutless Jags should have.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

It’s a copycat league. What will other teams do to replicate the Eagles success? ? 

- replace their All Pro LT

- replace their MVP QB

- make a trade for a stud RB when you already have 3 serviceable guys

- find a backup who played QB in h.s. for that one play - and call it for the first time on 4th & goal in the biggest game of the year

Easy peasy 

In serious ness though, I expect a lot more going for it on 4th down next year and more 2 point conversion attempts. That was Doug's main advantage. Teams that thought 3rd down stop meant getting off the field were not prepared for the onslaught Doug and Wentz (and Foles') brought.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...