What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (3 Viewers)

So at my work today we had a Eagles Youth camp sign up today. Cheerleaders, Swoop and a PTNL was coming. Ending up being Chris Maragos. We ended up chatting for a long time after I told him my co workers son was his position coach. Told me how he knew his coach grew up in the area but didn't know where. We had a really nice long talk in-between fans about general football topics, Eagles, him at March Madness watching the Florida/Wisconsin game with Trey Burton (Told him sorry about that) and when he realized I was a Florida fan starting going on how every time he's out with Trey Burton almost every Florida fan stops them and he has to take a pic or autograph with them. At one point he couldn't remember what year he signed with the Eagles forgot how it was brought up but I went on the whole he came in 14 Chip's 2nd year he was undrafted in 2010 out of Wisc and from 2010-13 he played STs for Sea. He and the Eagles staff members looked at me like you know all of that? I said I could name the whole defensive and offensive line up for last year including every Olineman we went through. So Chris took the bait ended up asking me. I got everyone except two guys wrong which was still impressive. He's a really nice funny guy. Also my Department manager is a Giants fan so we let Swoop in a little gig and played a prank on my boss which was great since his Supervisor and her main Boss who's in charge of our whole department for the company were also there. I told him I couldn't pass this opportunity up and it was for all the ball busting about the Eagles he did and in general to me for the past year. We had a fun time with it. Everyone knowing how big of a fan I was kept asking me who he was. I mean I don't expect everyone to know these guys like I do but after awhile it does get annoying especially when some of the same people repeatedly ask you his name and how to spell it. Crazy think is my Store Director came up to me first to tell me which player it was so I was the first one other then him to know. I think the sad/cool thing about the whole thing was Maragos is only a year older then me. Cool we're the same age and sad I'm the same age as some of these players now considered veterans in the NFL. 

The city of Philly always complains about being viewed as a second rate city; constantly under the shadow of NYC....but there always seems to be complaining from denizens that showcases its parochial nature.  Step up to the big time, Philly....embrace #### like this.

The city of Philly always complains about being viewed as a second rate city; constantly under the shadow of NYC....but there always seems to be complaining from denizens that showcases its parochial nature.  Step up to the big time, Philly....embrace #### like this.
A little confused did someone say something or complain about Philly fans or something? Honestly I just laugh at people who bring up the whole santa thing or other stuff as it's lazy journalism. I mean most people don't even know the background of the santa incident and just regurgitating what the sheep media tells them to like and dislike. I just laugh it off and realize some popes there's zero point of even explaining these things as they are so ignorant. Now theres always the idiot fans who think they have to defend that tough reputation and become straight up D Bags too. However we're much better fanbase then some cities. i've heard a lot of horror stories about LA especially the Raider days at the Coliseum and Dodgers games for the Phillies that are way worse then anything that ever happened here. Every city has its idiots. I'm just sick and tired of our city being the punching bag while the media lets go and defends other cities poor fan behavior or doesn't cover it like they would a philly incident 

A little confused did someone say something or complain about Philly fans or something? Honestly I just laugh at people who bring up the whole santa thing or other stuff as it's lazy journalism. I mean most people don't even know the background of the santa incident and just regurgitating what the sheep media tells them to like and dislike. I just laugh it off and realize some popes there's zero point of even explaining these things as they are so ignorant. Now theres always the idiot fans who think they have to defend that tough reputation and become straight up D Bags too. However we're much better fanbase then some cities. i've heard a lot of horror stories about LA especially the Raider days at the Coliseum and Dodgers games for the Phillies that are way worse then anything that ever happened here. Every city has its idiots. I'm just sick and tired of our city being the punching bag while the media lets go and defends other cities poor fan behavior or doesn't cover it like they would a philly incident 
Seems to be this drumbeat on WIP about how this event is causing chaos in the city and people are being put out because of it.  

Seems to be this drumbeat on WIP about how this event is causing chaos in the city and people are being put out because of it.  
Yeah well I had to deal with the stupid Jay Z the former crack dealer of the NYC Streets and his pathetic Made in American Concert or whatever you want to call the noise during the holday the past few yrs. I'll take the draft over that dudes crap anyday. The only people complaining are those who can't handle a little more waiting, impatient and full of themselves. Also it's WIP so what do you expect? Honestly I thought something happened and some radio station or media member was complaining how it was in Philly rather then "lavishing city" like NYC or LA. 

Yeah well I had to deal with the stupid Jay Z the former crack dealer of the NYC Streets and his pathetic Made in American Concert or whatever you want to call the noise during the holday the past few yrs. I'll take the draft over that dudes crap anyday. The only people complaining are those who can't handle a little more waiting, impatient and full of themselves. Also it's WIP so what do you expect? Honestly I thought something happened and some radio station or media member was complaining how it was in Philly rather then "lavishing city" like NYC or LA. 
Former crack dealer.....current billionaire and music legend.

Starting to see more chatter of Charles Harris from Mizzou a strong possibility at 14.  Don't know how I'd feel about that if he ended up being the pick.  He has worked out for them at Novacare I think.

His spider chart is not very good.  But it sounds like things were much better during his pro day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Skoo said:
Former crack dealer.....current billionaire and music legend.
Not really much of a music legend anymore. After his first few albums he sold out to mainstream. His wife is nothing more then mainstream lip sync material overproduced. Personally I'd take Old School Nelly, NWO, Tupac, Eminem, Biggie, Snoop etc and a lot of others before I went to Jay Z. I think he's nothing more then overproduced. Yeah he's a billionaire but so is Bieber these days doesn't make him good though. 

Starting to see more chatter of Charles Harris from Mizzou a strong possibility at 14.  Don't know how I'd feel about that if he ended up being the pick.  He has worked out for them at Novacare I think.

His spider chart is not very good.  But it sounds like things were much better during his pro day.
Heard about it more so taking that with a grain of salt. However not sure it happens. Thought wouldn't be surprised with it either as it goes back to the old school Andy type out of the blue move. 

Read an article earlier that had us taking humphry from bama in round 2.  
I'm torn on Humphrey.  As much as I like the athleticism and physicality, he seems to get beat deep more than a guy with his ability should in college and has trouble finding the ball in the air.  It's the kiss of death, but that was Nnamdi's problem too.  But then he's only 20 so probably has much more room to grow as a player than most.

Like I said, I'm torn but he'd make me nervous at #14.  2nd round would be fine.

I'm thinking we trade out of the 1st. Stock up on picks. Rounds 2 & 3 look to be sweeeeeeeeeeet. 

Defense I know everyone is screaming DB but in truth we need to focus on offense. We just need serviceable DB's. Our strength is our front 7. Give us an offense that can average 28 points a game and it's 11-5 season division winners.

For a long time I've been thinking this draft needs to be defense focused at the top end, since they added Jeffrey especially.  I'm starting to change my mind though, and the reason is how I remember the first few years of McNabb's career.  The Eagles did a poor job of giving McNabb anything to work with for the first seasons, and I think having to carry the offense almost single handedly took something out of him mentally.  For those first few years, #5 was a playmaker, but it almost seemed like the opposite in the 2nd half of his career.  Even though he improved significantly as a passer he seemed to have lost the mojo he had for those first few years.

I'd hate to see something like that happen to Wentz, so while I still think we need to take a CB early, it wouldn't bother me to see some weapons added, like Corey Davis or even McCaffrey if they have a plan to get him 20 touches each week.

I think with one starting quality CB, we'll be able to field at least a competent secondary since the safeties are very good, DL is at least solid as well, so if there turns out to be early picks on O, I won't be as frustrated as I would have a couple of weeks ago.

Ash DB is the safe way to go. Truth is if we draft by need we are still behind in the division. If we are to take someone 14 then I hope it makes us better at that position than any other player drafted in our division. 

McCafferty being one, but I'm not sold on Cook. Personally I would rather have Mixon.

With McCafferty you have the Ertz connection. Could make for one hell of a passing game. McC, Ertz and Jeffery.

With the moves so far in our division the only team that is of concern from a DB stand point is the Giants. 

Dallas we need run stoppers and blitz on passing downs. I like the Tim Jernigan signing.

Washington we need to blitz and run gap blitz.

NYG is the main threat.

But I don't see NYG being this offense juggernaut.

So if we can out score NYG then we are division champs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ash DB is the safe way to go. Truth is if we draft by need we are still behind in the division. If we are to take someone 14 then I hope it makes us better at that position than any other player drafted in our division. 

McCafferty being one, but I'm not sold on Cook. Personally I would rather have Mixon.

With McCafferty you have the Ertz connection. Could make for one hell of a passing game. McC, Ertz and Jeffery.

With the moves so far in our division the only team that is of concern from a DB stand point is the Giants. 

Dallas we need run stoppers and blitz on passing downs. I like the Tim Jernigan signing.

Washington we need to blitz and run gap blitz.

NYG is the main threat.

But I don't see NYG being this offense juggernaut.

So if we can out score NYG then we are division champs.
I hope it's BPA period.  Granted, CB is a serious need but i'd be OK waiting until 99 to address it if we can get a stud WR and RB.  Christian "Don't call me McCafferty" McCaffery would be my choice at No. 14 but if we went Ross then Mixon I'd be just fine with that.

Mr. Lawlor had some great things to say about Charles Harris. 

I'm thinking we trade out of the 1st. Stock up on picks. Rounds 2 & 3 look to be sweeeeeeeeeeet. 
This draft is very deep. If multiple trade downs from 14 netted the Eagles additional picks in rounds 2 & 3 and somehow replaces the missing 2nd next year I would be very pleased. IMO Joe Douglas could do a lot of damage with 6 picks in rounds 2-4 in this draft. 

This draft is very deep. If multiple trade downs from 14 netted the Eagles additional picks in rounds 2 & 3 and somehow replaces the missing 2nd next year I would be very pleased. IMO Joe Douglas could do a lot of damage with 6 picks in rounds 2-4 in this draft. 
I'd be surprised if that happen though.  Sounds like teams want to keep there picks because of the talent level.  But I'd be just fine trading out of 14 for more picks in the 2nd/3rd.

I'm torn on Humphrey.  As much as I like the athleticism and physicality, he seems to get beat deep more than a guy with his ability should in college and has trouble finding the ball in the air.  It's the kiss of death, but that was Nnamdi's problem too.  But then he's only 20 so probably has much more room to grow as a player than most.

Like I said, I'm torn but he'd make me nervous at #14.  2nd round would be fine.
Not in the first for sure.  If they do that, it's an epic reach.  He's really young but the tools are there.  If I had to guess he will be a good pro, but it's not like he's gonna be the next revis or something.  Im a bama homer so I have seen his highs and lows

DJackson10 said:
If I lived in that are and had to deal with that traffic mess I wouldn't be happy either. I don't see how this is good for the city at all its not like inside the building its going to be all Eagles fans. I'm going to watch it at my house like most Eagles fans will or a sports bar just like every other year. So explain why people who live in the area of anyone should be excited its in philly because I honestly cant think of a good reason

Ash said:
For a long time I've been thinking this draft needs to be defense focused at the top end, since they added Jeffrey especially.  I'm starting to change my mind though, and the reason is how I remember the first few years of McNabb's career.  The Eagles did a poor job of giving McNabb anything to work with for the first seasons, and I think having to carry the offense almost single handedly took something out of him mentally.  For those first few years, #5 was a playmaker, but it almost seemed like the opposite in the 2nd half of his career.  Even though he improved significantly as a passer he seemed to have lost the mojo he had for those first few years.

I'd hate to see something like that happen to Wentz, so while I still think we need to take a CB early, it wouldn't bother me to see some weapons added, like Corey Davis or even McCaffrey if they have a plan to get him 20 touches each week.

I think with one starting quality CB, we'll be able to field at least a competent secondary since the safeties are very good, DL is at least solid as well, so if there turns out to be early picks on O, I won't be as frustrated as I would have a couple of weeks ago.
I'm kind of OK with offense but only if they got Cook or Fournette. I'm not sold on any of the WRs honestly and think they are all nice players but will be drafted way to early do to how weak the WR class is. i heard a few murmurs if this class was better top heavy non of the 3 WRs right now in talks would really be considered 1st round locks which to me screams just how depleted the WR group is this year. I don't want any part of McCaffery in the 1st round. To me he's more of a gadget player nice weapon to have. Similar to Sproles/Woodhead and I don't think he can handle a bell cow type load in the NFL. I saw an interesting stat where someone compared Defensive Rush rankings avg by McCaffery and Cook. Cook avg rank of Def Against the Run was almost even top 50. McCaffery was almost at a 75 ranking. I don't know about you but I think that's a huge difference. I was so impressed with what Cook did and I think it'd be dumb just to pass up on him do to combine and pro day results. There's always those few guys who are work out warriors who get drafted much higher then they should be and not materialize in the NFL and then you have a few guys who had poor combine/Pro Days and end up being all pros picked in the later rounds. Some guys just aren't good at testing. Like I've said before what Cook did to my Gators defense which many Nat media guys raved about being a top 5 Rush defense and how he gashed them I was quite impressed. Cook can run through arm tackles but also has the speed to hit a homer if needed on any given play. He's a very good rec back as well. Correct me if I'm wrong but Cook seems of the type of Back Pederson and the Eagles would want compared to McCaffery. I don't want to be that guy but it seems people are desperate to have a great white running back that people are climbing on the McCaffery bandwagon. i just don't see him being the impact guy he was at Stanford in the NFL. A nice career sure but I'd rather not take him in the first round. if I'm going RB in the first round I want Fournett or Cook. Defense I'll take Barnett, Foster if he falls but I heard he may need more Shoulder surgery or Solomon Thomas. Maybe Malike McDowell of MSU could be in there? Not big on a lot of the CBs they've mocked to us and someone I believe BGN did a study on possible what CB targets would best fit Schwartz based on his past history of who did well and what not. For all the people who clamored a month back Sidney Jones didn't make the cut in terms of testing or abilities Schwartz looked for which I kind of suspected to begin with. 

Either way I've been Defense first for awhile but if they went offense and it was for Cook/Fournett I'd be more then Ok. I just don't want one of the WRs or McCaffery. In fact I'm hoping McCaffery goes top 10 to be honest so they aren't tempted to take him. 

NFL will release the regular season Schedule Thurs at 8pm. As always with these things we can expect some leaks on dates and weeks of when teams are playing who.

Brent Celek was scheduled to make $4M this year but ESPNs Field Yates reports he took a 1m Paycut and will now make $3M this year. 

He'd be a good fit for a three headed monster that would let us see what we have in Smallwood.

He'd get us away from this McCaffery tripe.

If the money is right....it'd be alright. 
If the money is wrong, light up a bon...never mind.

Eagles have very little wiggle room under the cap right now.  I'm not even sure if they'll have the allotment to sign the rookie class but I am no capologist.

If the money is wrong, light up a bon...never mind.

Eagles have very little wiggle room under the cap right now.  I'm not even sure if they'll have the allotment to sign the rookie class but I am no capologist.
There's still some money to be cleared.  Mainly Mathews if he ever get healthy enough to cut, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Kendricks is traded on draft day.

There's still some money to be cleared.  Mainly Mathews if he ever get healthy enough to cut, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Kendricks is traded on draft day.
Yes, the most obvious shoe(s) to drop would be Kendricks and/or Kelce being dealt.  I'd be very surprised if the Eagles didn't do some sort of trade during the draft.

Yes, the most obvious shoe(s) to drop would be Kendricks and/or Kelce being dealt.  I'd be very surprised if the Eagles didn't do some sort of trade during the draft.
This is where I'm at too. I'm wondering what the cost would be to go from say 14 to 10 and how much could be recouped dealing one of those guys. 

This is where I'm at too. I'm wondering what the cost would be to go from say 14 to 10 and how much could be recouped dealing one of those guys. 
I'd bet we'd have to throw an extra pick, probably at least a 4th.  I don't think Kendricks and Kelce's value is all that great otherwise I'd have thought they'd be gone by now.  But that's just a pure guess from a couch GM.

I'd bet we'd have to throw an extra pick, probably at least a 4th.  I don't think Kendricks and Kelce's value is all that great otherwise I'd have thought they'd be gone by now.  But that's just a pure guess from a couch GM.
We have 2 fourth round picks. I wonder if 14 plus a 4 would get us to 10. Despite what we get back for one of those players that may be a deal I'd consider anyway if the right guy slips. 

Defense I know everyone is screaming DB but in truth we need to focus on offense. We just need serviceable DB's. Our strength is our front 7. Give us an offense that can average 28 points a game and it's 11-5 season division winners.
Howie worked too hard to get back into the first round.  I think the intangibles surrounding the draft (in Philly, pick for Bradford) will make this not be an option.  

I'm starting to hear the Eagles being linked more and more to Charles Harris at 14. I know nothing about him, so can anyone tell me if this would be a good pick or is it a classic Howie "I'm smarter than everyone else" overthink?

I'm confused.....the last two title edits were followed up with no posts regarding either edit....what gives? Who the hell is Jo Jo JoShmo?

Exactly. 

Everyone is being projected to the Eagles at 14 right now. It was satire on that.
I think he's talking about the Missouri DE Charles Harris projected to go 14 to the Eagles now. Not a lot of people knew who he was. He was projected as a 1st rounder but not that high and now there's reports multiple teams including top 10 teams were looking to draft him now even ahead of possible Solomon Thomas or Derrik Barnett. I know a little about Harris but not a lot. What I saw from him didn't really impress me and nothing stood out to the point of wow we need to get that guy. 

Ted Lange as your Bartender said:
I'm starting to hear the Eagles being linked more and more to Charles Harris at 14. I know nothing about him, so can anyone tell me if this would be a good pick or is it a classic Howie "I'm smarter than everyone else" overthink?
He looks really good on tape but didn't test well at the combine. Many people I follow on Twitter had him possible being picked higher than Barnett a while ago. He seems like he would be a nice pass rusher from day one. 

Howard Eskin 

@howardeskin

Multiple reports @ProFootballTalk, Ian Rappaport, RB Joe Mixon being invested for hitting woman in HS. I hear already off #eagles board

10:25 AM - 19 Apr 2017
The lawyer who lost the case released this info unbeknownst to the father of the girl in HS. Here's what the father had to say today:

“I have recently learned that a comment I made about Joe Mixon on 

social media a few years ago is now receiving a lot of attention. I want to explain that comment and clarify that I do not believe Joe ever did anything to hurt my daughter,” Hernandez wrote.

“My daughter went to Freedom High School with Joe, and they have been friends for much of their lives. Once, when they were in school together, my daughter had a minor disagreement with some of her classmates that got blown out of proportion. Like any father would, I reacted emotionally. Unfortunately, I did so before I had all the facts. Now, having talked to my daughter and investigated the whole story, I realize that I was mistaken about Joe’s involvement. I definitely overreacted, and I regret that my words might have given some people the wrong impressionabout Joe. I know that Joe did not hurt my daughter, did not intend to, and would not do so.

“Joe and my daughter are still good friends. Joe is a great kid with a bright future in front of him, and he is welcome in my home anytime.

The lawyer who lost the case released this info unbeknownst to the father of the girl in HS. Here's what the father had to say today:
This is nothing more then I'm not really allowed to comment about a case I went to court for. A friend of mine is a lawyer and said the dad can't really comment on the case that he lost. Probably had a gag order when he lost that he could talk about it or put Mixon's name in the bad type thing. I'm not saying anything happened but from what I heard from a lawyer friend who does cases like this sounds more of "I was told after the losing the case I can't really comment on it and if asked suppose to give some BS answer that makes the client look good" considering there's been other issues with Mixon for similar incidents I wouldn't rule out something may have happened. Also with HS can't rule out it was blown out of proportion. I mean a friend of mine broke up wth his GF right after Graduation and she spread a nasty rumor that he was in the hospital ICU because he tried to jump out of his attic window in an attempted suicide. Found out a few days later it was BS as he had only lost his phone but also had broke up with the girl who was a little too clingy and well lets just say too demanding. Either way this was way back in HS but considering his history already I wouldn't rule out anything not having happened either. We really don't know any of this story like the others on him so I really can't comment on this actually story on him other then I wouldn't just brush it aside. 

This is nothing more then I'm not really allowed to comment about a case I went to court for. A friend of mine is a lawyer and said the dad can't really comment on the case that he lost. Probably had a gag order when he lost that he could talk about it or put Mixon's name in the bad type thing. I'm not saying anything happened but from what I heard from a lawyer friend who does cases like this sounds more of "I was told after the losing the case I can't really comment on it and if asked suppose to give some BS answer that makes the client look good" considering there's been other issues with Mixon for similar incidents I wouldn't rule out something may have happened. Also with HS can't rule out it was blown out of proportion. I mean a friend of mine broke up wth his GF right after Graduation and she spread a nasty rumor that he was in the hospital ICU because he tried to jump out of his attic window in an attempted suicide. Found out a few days later it was BS as he had only lost his phone but also had broke up with the girl who was a little too clingy and well lets just say too demanding. Either way this was way back in HS but considering his history already I wouldn't rule out anything not having happened either. We really don't know any of this story like the others on him so I really can't comment on this actually story on him other then I wouldn't just brush it aside. 
I don't understand the first half of any of that. 

Also the person I quoted is the girls father who he supposedly hit in high school. 

Joe and my daughter are still good friends. Joe is a great kid with a bright future in front of him, and he is welcome in my home anytime.

Not sure I believe the report. Maybe I'm just getting smoked screen but talking to my Co Workers son seems like the Eagles ruled out Mixon way back. He told me after the Eagles canceled Mixon's Private workout if a team cancels your workout just like that and you have some questionable character that's not a good thing at all. Said if Mixon had a clean rap sheet and all and they canceled then things are a little different maybe they determined they saw everything they needed but if they cancel that with the rap sheet he has that's not a good thing. Maybe I'm reading him wrong and I've tend to do that but from what I've talked to him about it seems Laurie and Company are pretty gun ho on not drafting guys like Mixon or guys with other issues like that and not cause a circus. Seem to want to really focus on character guys. Not in the same way Chip did but not taking chances on guys with huge issues that could cause a media storm I could be wrong here but just from talking to my co workers son I sense the Eagles aren't in the Mixon sweepstakes. This sounds more like an agent trying to get his player more hype similar to the McCaffery talk. 

Users who are viewing this thread