What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (4 Viewers)

My Top 5:

McCaffery/Fournette

Davis

Lattimore

Barnett

Harris

It's the fanboy in me but I don't think of Harris as a very sexy pick.  If the likes of Adams, Allen, Howard, or Hooker dropped to 14 I'd probably take those 3 over any of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I take Conley.  That story sounds like bull#### and he's a top 3 cb in this draft easily. That's our biggest need.  No red flags on this guy except that bull#### that girl made up
Maybe, but it also sounds like he may have raped her. No one knows. You taking a chance that your 14th overall might never see the playing field? I'm not. 

I put this in the Conley thread last night:

Crazy. I just signed up for Sirius radio recently and this morning after I dropped the kids off to school I was listening to the NFL channel 88. I don't know the hosts name but he said (paraphrasing) when he talked to an exec they said what separates them from the talk shows etc is the access they have to the medicals and everything they hear threw the interview process. He said that there's a couple guys he sees mocked early that won't even be drafted or will be drafted much later than expected but didn't mention names. I'm betting Conley was one. 

This was all prior to the Conley new breaking. 

Also I got a question for a fan and anyone a season ticket holder here I'd be glad if you chimed in. The Eagles Nest draft party for Season Ticket holder fans at the Parkway this is about. My buddy saw people selling their tickets for this on Ebay. 4 tickets for like $300. I figured we won't get all the amenities that you get as a season ticket holder but my buddy was wondering if it was even worth putting down like 75 each for the tickets. He was trying to see if people were selling tickets for the actual draft and stuff but last I checked there's no way possible for people to do that do to how they distributed them. Any help would be nice. Don't really want to put out 75 anyway when a lot of the stuff down there is free anyway or could pay less to get but more so curious. 
The Eagles Nest passes are for a viewing area that is around the George Washington on the horse statue across from the Art Museum steps (at the entrance to the Eakins Oval.) It's not in the theater, you have to stand, and it's not close to the stage, but it does give you a direct, straight-on view and probably less crowded than other places to watch.

It's hard to sell the theater tickets that people won in the lottery, because you don't get them until day of and have to show up in person. But that's only half the tickets in the theater. The other half are the tickets NFL teams, NFL partners, sponsors, VIP packages, etc. already received and there are more than a few of those floating around on Craigslist and eBay right now. 

Would love a trade down now more then ever - although we'd need to find someone wanting to trade up..
I'd be surprised to see this with the draft being in Philly.  Would seem very anti-climatic to have all that energy that's going to start building around pick #10, which will become crazy right after pick 13 is announces, only to announce that we traded down.   

One would like to think that it shouldn't matter, but it might.

The Eagles Nest passes are for a viewing area that is around the George Washington on the horse statue across from the Art Museum steps (at the entrance to the Eakins Oval.) It's not in the theater, you have to stand, and it's not close to the stage, but it does give you a direct, straight-on view and probably less crowded than other places to watch.

It's hard to sell the theater tickets that people won in the lottery, because you don't get them until day of and have to show up in person. But that's only half the tickets in the theater. The other half are the tickets NFL teams, NFL partners, sponsors, VIP packages, etc. already received and there are more than a few of those floating around on Craigslist and eBay right now. 
I'm actually going to Met Life Stadium to watch the draft.  I got a call Monday night from a buddy of mine whose law firm gave him a few tickets. Although I'll be surrounded by Giants fans, it should be a cool experience. Looking forward to it.

I'm actually going to Met Life Stadium to watch the draft.  I got a call Monday night from a buddy of mine whose law firm gave him a few tickets. Although I'll be surrounded by Giants fans, it should be a cool experience. Looking forward to it.
Just don't throw snowballs/batteries at anyone or leave an upper decker in the bathroom....well, maybe the upper decker.

Every mock has dropped Conley completely out of the 1st now.  Kid lost himself some money however it really went down.  Why these kids (and their agents) don't just sit tight is beyond me.  These aren't 10 year olds - at 20+ years old, you know how to not f up your future.

Every mock has dropped Conley completely out of the 1st now.  Kid lost himself some money however it really went down.  Why these kids (and their agents) don't just sit tight is beyond me.  These aren't 10 year olds - at 20+ years old, you know how to not f up your future.
if it's true, sure.

if it's true, sure.
Even if it's not true - something happened.  3 weeks before the biggest moment in your life, don't even put yourself in a position where this can happen.  Just hang out with your family, find some quiet place to chill, whatever.  I have no idea if this happened or was made up, but I am pretty sure there were better choices that could have been made regardless.

Thanks so is it even worth spending the $75 I'd have to pay then? 

Thanks so is it even worth spending the $75 I'd have to pay then? 
Depends on what you value. If it's worth $75 to know you can enjoy all the festivities before the draft starts and still have a section to stand in that gives you a good view and is probably not too packed in with people, sure. You'll probably also get a chance to be on TV, because that's going to be the go-to section they point the camera at when they talk about Philly fans or show the fan reaction to our pick.

If not, for $0 you can get down there early, stake out a good spot in the regular general admission area a couple hours before it starts and elbow anyone that gets too close to your personal space. 

Depends on what you value. If it's worth $75 to know you can enjoy all the festivities before the draft starts and still have a section to stand in that gives you a good view and is probably not too packed in with people, sure. You'll probably also get a chance to be on TV, because that's going to be the go-to section they point the camera at when they talk about Philly fans or show the fan reaction to our pick.

If not, for $0 you can get down there early, stake out a good spot in the regular general admission area a couple hours before it starts and elbow anyone that gets too close to your personal space. 
Thanks I appreciate it and yeah I might rather just elbow people who get too close to my personal space.

I want Conley in the 3rd.  Legit.  If it turns out he's guilty, cut him.  Getting that talent in the 3rd is worth the risk and there's almost no media frenzy if he's found guilty and cut.  Makes us look good. 

We seriously could end up with Mixon and Conley lol

I doubt the Eagles are the only team that is scrambling to investigate what happened & get an assessment. If I'm a GM, I take this kid as soon as it makes sense. When to pull the trigger? That's a fine line, but he's definitely still on my board unless the investigation digs something up concrete.

This is different than the Mixon situation. Conley might be innocent and with the bust rate in the draft as high as it is, the risk/reward is huge depending on where you can get him.

Billy Bats said:
Maybe, but it also sounds like he may have raped her. No one knows. You taking a chance that your 14th overall might never see the playing field? I'm not. 
I see this being like the La'el Collins situation last year. He doesn't get drafted and then picks and chooses the team he wants to go to and they offer. 

Bigboy10182000 said:
I put this in the Conley thread last night:

Crazy. I just signed up for Sirius radio recently and this morning after I dropped the kids off to school I was listening to the NFL channel 88. I don't know the hosts name but he said (paraphrasing) when he talked to an exec they said what separates them from the talk shows etc is the access they have to the medicals and everything they hear threw the interview process. He said that there's a couple guys he sees mocked early that won't even be drafted or will be drafted much later than expected but didn't mention names. I'm betting Conley was one. 

This was all prior to the Conley new breaking. 

Jim Salisbury is on this 6ABC action news Draft special and he's going on how he's never seen so many draft prospects in the top 20 alone with red flags either character issues or injuries and such. 

babydemon90 said:
I've said this before. It's the whole view some of these guys think they are entitled to certain things because of who they are as well as the whole theory well that won't happen to me. Then theres guys who are just plan dumb or stupid or just don't care. If I'm an agent I tell my clients you don't leave your room unless its to go to dinner with your girlfriend or family or something you are with people who will watch your back. 

I want Conley in the 3rd.  Legit.  If it turns out he's guilty, cut him.  Getting that talent in the 3rd is worth the risk and there's almost no media frenzy if he's found guilty and cut.  Makes us look good. 

We seriously could end up with Mixon and Conley lol
I'd :wub:  if Foster fell to them somehow at 14, then Mixon and Conley. 

Probably. But if Foster is on the board and they take Barnett, I'll be pissed.
If we go lb we better pick foster over Barnett if both available.  That's not our biggest need but I could live it.  Still think we need secondary over anything else

Is either Williams or Davis a can't miss WR? 
No, because if either of them truly were can't-miss, he would never be there for us at 14. Here's the full list of WRs drafted in the top 13 the last 10 years:

Calvin Johnson
A.J. Green
Sammy Watkins
Amari Cooper
Justin Blackmon
Julio Jones
Mike Evans
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Kevin White
Tavon Austin
Ted Ginn Jr.
Michael Crabtree
Odell Beckham Jr.
Michael Floyd

The hit rate isn't 100%, of course, because it never is in the draft ... but if you wrote down the most likely active (or recently active in Megatron's case) WRs to make the HoF, a fair percentage of them are spoken for on this list alone.

Thanks fellas. I've said earlier in the thread I wouldn't have any problem going WR and having a nice tandem for the next 8 years, just hope it doesn't end as another Reggie Wayne/Freddie Mitchell outcome. :thumbdown:  

Well if they go wr I would take Davis I guess.  If they do wr, that means they don't think Jeffery or Smith is a long term answer.  Maybe they think Jordan Mathews won't be around much longer either

Well if they go wr I would take Davis I guess.  If they do wr, that means they don't think Jeffery or Smith is a long term answer.  Maybe they think Jordan Mathews won't be around much longer either
Yea I read a completely unsubstantiated rumor that if they go WR at 14 then Jordan could be gone by Sunday. 

What are the chances that the NFL starts the draft off tonight with "Gonna Fly Now?"

I can see it now - the familiar song plays as clips of the draftees training hard plays over the large screens. Since its Philadelphia the crowd goes nuts.

The lights are synchronized to the music, there is smoke being pumped in and the crowd is energized.

Then the moment the crowd has been waiting for happens - through the smoke you can see the silhouette of a man walking towards the podium.

As the smoke clears, the crowd realizes that this man is not Sylvester Stallone, but rather Donovan McNabb! And the cheers turn toward boos, and its 1999 all over again.

I'm not saying this will happen, or should happen, but it could happen.

'Lotta smoke around Dalvin Cook to the Eagles.
I have heard alot of people say that cook really needs to just get out of fl and his group of friends. Hope they don't follow him if we do take him.  

He's the guy i originally wanted but have soured on a bit.  Would be kind of funny to me if thats who we ended up with.  He sure did flash ability in every fsu game I watched.

Users who are viewing this thread