What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (7 Viewers)

He's like 28.  And catches the ball well
28 for an RB is ancient.  He may catch well, but I just don't see him as an agile guy who works in space.  I could be wrong.  I can't claim to be that well-versed on him and/or it may be that the saints just didn't want to use him that way.

28 for an RB is ancient.  He may catch well, but I just don't see him as an agile guy who works in space.  I could be wrong.  I can't claim to be that well-versed on him and/or it may be that the saints just didn't want to use him that way.
Well it's not like he's been used a ton in New Orleans.  But yeah I would like a younger guy too.  Paired with Smallwood we would be set for years at rb

Ingram career keeper owner here and it's a combination of both. No one's ever gonna confuse him for Darren Sproles but he's not Ivory or Blount either. He can create a little something with the ball in his hands - not much but something.

But I've never seen a HC misuse a RB like the way Payton has Ingram. He routinely throws him out there on 3rd-and-7 instead of Cadet, then pulls him at the 2 so that Tim Hightower can get stuffed at the GL twice in a row. Some days I swear Ingram must have slept with Payton's daughter or something.

It's more opportunity cost than anything. There's no reason to spend a mid-2nd on a RB when you can use that pick to plug your most glaring weakness at CB and you can find serviceable backs for next to nothing via FA or trade. Look at the collection of misfit RB toys the Pats rode to another SB win last year.

The way the draft went in the 1st with many teams reaching for need. I would like us to stay BPA in the 2nd. 

I know many are wanting CB's but honestly offense will get us more wins. Even with leading the league in time of possession we had way too many stalled drives. We left a lot of points on the field. Sure I want us to draft CB's but not reach for a guy.

We don't need a star corner just a group that can work together. I like Mills, I thought he did really well as a rookie. They guy that got rocked last year was Carroll but he's gone now. 

Seems I'm in the minority wanting CB over RB.

With a CB you'll probably get twice as many years out of him. It's the more important position. And our current RB group is a good deal better than our CB group.

I won't be furious about them taking a playmaker RB, but I'd rather they go CB first tonight then RB later.

Last edited by a moderator:
dunno for sure, but looking at the teams, Jags, Rams, Chargers, and Panthers should be set.

I would guess the Bears would not prioritize RB and the Jets and 49ers have a lot of other needs.

Cleveland may be set with the Crow, but nothing would shock me from them.

Bengals are a toss-up to me, given the injury issues for Hill and Bernard.

Saints seem like the biggest danger to me.
Don't see Saints taking a RB when they already have Ingram and AP.

Bengals I think are a lock to go RB.

The way the draft went in the 1st with many teams reaching for need. I would like us to stay BPA in the 2nd. 

I know many are wanting CB's but honestly offense will get us more wins. Even with leading the league in time of possession we had way too many stalled drives. We left a lot of points on the field. Sure I want us to draft CB's but not reach for a guy.

We don't need a star corner just a group that can work together. I like Mills, I thought he did really well as a rookie. They guy that got rocked last year was Carroll but he's gone now. 
in Carrol's defense he faced a lot more competition and good players. Any time Mills was focused on he got killed. Hopefully a good off-season has him make strides, but relying on him as our #1 CB will put us in a world of hurt

I doubt he's that cheap though and saints would be so dumb to think AP is gonna be able to last all year alone
I don't think he'd cost more than a 4th.  Especially on draft day, those picks are worth a lot more.  RB's hardly ever get traded for high picks.  I think he's worth a 4th/5th right now.

Don't see Saints taking a RB when they already have Ingram and AP.

Bengals I think are a lock to go RB.
I did think about that after the fact with the Saints, as I had forgotten about AP.  Still, it doesn't seem like they are too happy with Ingram and AP isn't a long-term answer, so I still wouldn't rule them out.

I also left out the Packers, who presumably would be interested in an RB.

I did think about that after the fact with the Saints, as I had forgotten about AP.  Still, it doesn't seem like they are too happy with Ingram and AP isn't a long-term answer, so I still wouldn't rule them out.

I also left out the Packers, who presumably would be interested in an RB.
I think the packers probably trade down.  pick 2.01 has got to be the most traded pick in the draft. 

I don't think the saints are thrilled with their rbs, but I could see them using a later pick on one or a higher pick on one next year.

If we don't have to trade up and can get cook or mixon then that would be rad.

Saw a rounds 2 and 3 mock that has Eagles taking Cook in the 2nd round, Mixon going to the Vikings in the 2nd, and then Eagles taking Jourdan Lewis with the compensatory pick from the Ravens in the 3rd.

Saw a rounds 2 and 3 mock that has Eagles taking Cook in the 2nd round, Mixon going to the Vikings in the 2nd, and then Eagles taking Jourdan Lewis with the compensatory pick from the Ravens in the 3rd.
Ugh I had totally forgotten about this trade we made!

Maybe use the extra 4th round pick to move back up in the 3rd?
Ya, I mean that trade still was good for us, I just forgot that we moved down that much in round 3.

However, the fact that we added Jernigan and Barnett to a line with Graham and Cox is crazy.  We gonna have the best starting Dline in the league?

K who is left on our board that has 1st round talent?  I like sitting at 11 here.  I'd probably be pretty happy with any of these in this order:

RB Cook
RB Mixon
CB Awuzie
CB Wilson
CB King
RB Kamara

Kizer, Lamp, Robinson, and McDowell, are all likely going ahead of us so that gives us one of the guys on the above list.  baker, may, and a wr could also go.  This 2nd round is stacked!

K who is left on our board that has 1st round talent?  I like sitting at 11 here.  I'd probably be pretty happy with any of these in this order:

RB Cook
RB Mixon
CB Awuzie
CB Wilson
CB King
RB Kamara

Kizer, Lamp, Robinson, and McDowell, are all likely going ahead of us so that gives us one of the guys on the above list.  baker, may, and a wr could also go.  This 2nd round is stacked!
I agree. This second round has a ton of players.  Be awesome if we could trade back into it to take 2

I agree. This second round has a ton of players.  Be awesome if we could trade back into it to take 2
We don't have much firepower to do that though.  An extremely late 3rd and a couple 4ths wont do it.  It would have to be something like next year's 1st to get a this year's 2nd.  Which I wouldn't even be that upset about.

wow, if this kid is actually the one who wrote this, I love him and props to U of Tenn. for actually teaching a kid how to write a beautiful cover letter
Yup he seems like a pretty intelligent man.  I know I could never write a letter like that after college.  

I'm still shocked by the amount of Mixon love in this thread. 

Is he less of an ####### that hits women if drafted in the second or third round instead of the first? 
No, but it makes him a first round value for a second round price.  Yardage and touchdowns count the same even if you once hit a girl when you were 18.  I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Is he less of an ####### that hits women if drafted in the second or third round instead of the first? 
No he is not. Thankfully I don't think he's on the Eagles board. 

no, but he might be less of an ####### today then he was 3 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
I assure you there has been extreme vetting of Mixon within this thread.
Oh, I know, this is my favorite thread in the Shark Pool. I lurk more than I post, so not to troll. Congrats to everyone doing a 180 on Barnett after reading a letter his agent was probably the ghostwriter for. ;-)

I just find it interesting when we are so focused on cheering for the laundry, that we are willing to cheer for a despicable human. I hated when Dallas signed Greg Hardy, was glad when he was gone. To say "once hit a girl when he was 18" totally makes it sound trivial, let's not forget he hit her hard enough to break bones. To say "he might be less of an ####### today then he was 3 years ago" I find funny considering his intimidation of the female parking attendant last year. I would say this guy is still an #######, he is just about to be an ####### with a lot of money. Just because he can play football doesn't give him the right to. He can probably lift heavy boxes, but I wouldn't hire him to make 10 bucks an hour in my warehouse.

Rant over. Thanks for letting me vent. 

Oh, I know, this is my favorite thread in the Shark Pool. I lurk more than I post, so not to troll. Congrats to everyone doing a 180 on Barnett after reading a letter his agent was probably the ghostwriter for. ;-)

I just find it interesting when we are so focused on cheering for the laundry, that we are willing to cheer for a despicable human. I hated when Dallas signed Greg Hardy, was glad when he was gone. To say "once hit a girl when he was 18" totally makes it sound trivial, let's not forget he hit her hard enough to break bones. To say "he might be less of an ####### today then he was 3 years ago" I find funny considering his intimidation of the female parking attendant last year. I would say this guy is still an #######, he is just about to be an ####### with a lot of money. Just because he can play football doesn't give him the right to. He can probably lift heavy boxes, but I wouldn't hire him to make 10 bucks an hour in my warehouse.

Rant over. Thanks for letting me vent. 
I haven't been to the cowboy thread in many months.  Has the crying stopped?

Users who are viewing this thread