What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (3 Viewers)

I'm a big SEC fan so I watched Dax through college. To me he's no more then a poor man's McNabb. He did what McNabb would've done his first few yrs had his offense been as good as the defense the team had. Dax was propped up in the Conference as the next best College player in the conference at QB since Tebow (Success wise but better arm and QB Talent). Time and again the dude choked or disappointed. Yeah he had better passing stats obviously and Tebow had some great Teams at UF but Dak was one of the main reasons they lost to Bama throwing 3 costly picks in that game. To me Dak reminds me more of a McNabb but less athleticism and just a bit bigger. Nothing wrong with that. I just don't think as of right now it's fair for people or analyst to say he's a top elite QB. i give that to guys who are consistently good every year. It's why last year I argued Cam newton isn't elite as he's never been consistent and plus he's a huge diva when things don't go his way it's always someone else fault. Case in point look at Last years Cam and this years? People said he was over his diva attitude well after the SB and in game not going for that fumble tells a different Story. Dax is way more of a character guy then Cam though so he has that going for him. For the sake of a rivalry I hope Dak is good so we can have a great QB rivlary again between the two teams. however I think people are overrating Dax and giving him too much credit where Wentz is being underrrated. Wentz has the potential to be an elite game changing QB if the Eagles help him with some Weapons on Offense. He could be the next Big Ben type. Dak to me won't be elite not a guy who could carry a team but still top 15 guy. I'd say similoar potential with McNabb but better weapons his first few yrs. And frankly that should be a comparison people are ok with for Dak. maybe Dal fans won't like it being compared to an Eagles QB who kind of had his way at times against them but it's a fair comparision I've already read from scouts and such as well. Either way it's both kids first year in the league. Lets wait before crowning anyone a future HoFer and giving them a Gold Jacket. 
I haven't heard anyone say he's already a TOP ELITE QB? Just a lot of Eagles fans say he's a nothing special, non leading, game manager who is no better than 25 other QBs in the league. That's definitely more hater than actual follower of his game play, practice play and interviews.

The educated Dallas fans aren't saying he's in Brady/Rodgers/Manning class. But if Dak was drafted by Dallas at #4 and he was thrown in this years QB grade with Goff, Wentz and Lynch- then I think his comparison with those guys would be more favorable; actually he's been better than all of them. The rub to East Division teams is that Dak was taken in the late 4th, therefore he has to be nothing more than a JAG QB and will be holding a clipboard every week. The fact he's been way better than that doesn't sit well with a lot in here, and that's understandable. All of us are pizzed that NE got Brady in the late round where those guys usually never make the first cut. Sometimes late picks payoff like firsts. (Terrell Davis comes to mind). Dak doesn't get any credit for winning, but Wentz doesn't get any blame for overthrowing players and failing to close out the close games. I think both scenarios are unfair. Both QBs are extremely talented and the battles for the next few years are going to be great entertainment to watch. 

But if Dak was drafted by Dallas at #4 and he was thrown in this years QB grade with Goff, Wentz and Lynch- then I think his comparison with those guys would be more favorable; actually he's been better than all of them. 
He's only looked better because of who you got at 4 instead of him.  If you took him at 4 his season and the Cowboys season as a whole would look much different. You put him on the Rams or Eagles and he would look awful, he'd look better than Lynch cause he stinks. 

Also, many times you seem to focus on which team an opinion comes from. That seems childish IMO. I'm 38, love football in general and don't have a slanted view because of who a guy plays for. This isn't HS and I'd say 95% of the posters in here are the same way. I'm a big Dez fan. Loved Zeke and even said in the draft thread less than a minute after he was picked that he would win ROY and the rushing title. Odd that an Eagles fan could be like that, right?

So he ONLY looks better because of Zeke? Ok, Bro, I've seen your kiddie comments lots of times. I try to add my opinions on both sides of the deal as I have many times over the years in this thread as well as others. I've often complimented Pederson, who I have some insight on as well as others Eagles players. I applauded the Wentz pick, but felt the price was a little high, as I thought the Zeke pick was too soon for Dallas, but turns out I was wrong on that one. You think that Dak is nothing more then a guy who followed Dallas to a 13-2 record. Now that's childish. 

How about we ignore each other and we will be just fine?

So he ONLY looks better because of Zeke? Ok, Bro, I've seen your kiddie comments lots of times. I try to add my opinions on both sides of the deal as I have many times over the years in this thread as well as others. I've often complimented Pederson, who I have some insight on as well as others Eagles players. I applauded the Wentz pick, but felt the price was a little high, as I thought the Zeke pick was too soon for Dallas, but turns out I was wrong on that one. You think that Dak is nothing more then a guy who followed Dallas to a 13-2 record. Now that's childish. 

How about we ignore each other and we will be just fine?
No need to give me your Eagles fan background to justify your opinions. Im not like you in that regard. If you feel the need to ingnore me have at it, I don't feel the same and generally like or agree with your posts. Just not the "if you disagree you're a hater cause you like a different team" BS. That's a horsesheet bait attempt and HS crap I don't have time for.

Is Dak more than the 5-6th best player on his offense? If so explain how he is better then players who are #1 at their respective position. Also, feel free to ask outsiders what's the first thing that comes to mind when they even think of Dallas. I'm guessing it will be OL, Zeke, Dez and then Dak. Please tell me what in his abilities makes you believe he'd have success in STL or Philly as well and how Zeke has not helped him or made such little impact

I layed out, in detail, how his season came to be. Here it is again. If you disagree please tell me where I went wrong. 

There once was a young guy a couple years ago here who went 27-2 and had one of the best seasons of all time in the NFL. What team does that man start for now? #'s mean very little. From a ratio standpoint this will more than likely be Dak's best year.  Also, I don't think drawing a comparison to potential and #'s works that way either.  The stars aligned for Dallas and Dak, period. How many teams can say that they have the best at a position at 4 spots on one side of the ball? How many in history could say that? And that's me not including Dez who's is arguably a top 5-7 WR and Witten who still may be a top 10 TE.  Did I also mention the fact that they played one of the NFL's easiest schedules this season?  And how many games did all of these guys I mentioned miss combined?  Just Dez's 3? Much like the "young man" I mentioned above the stars aligned.  I'm not underselling him at all, I'm just looking at the entire picture.  The combo of things I mentioned above will more than likely never happen for him, or Dallas again.  

Like I mentioned in another post when Dak starts being asked to do the things that's Wilson has done, with that amount of success, the conversation will change. As it stands today there is no comparing a guy who's actually leads his team to one that is a game manager. 

Sounds like they believe Reich has a pretty good chance to get a HC job. 
Just was going to say this too.  I was happy at first that we denied anyone from interviewing him, but the only real reason to do this would be in case we want to upgrade him to our OC.  Really hope Reich sticks around another year.

Deamon said:
Just was going to say this too.  I was happy at first that we denied anyone from interviewing him, but the only real reason to do this would be in case we want to upgrade him to our OC.  Really hope Reich sticks around another year.
Yeah, I don't want him to go, but it would be kind of a ####ty thing to do I think and I can't imagine it would be good for the general relationship.  It would make sense for them to have a handshake deal to be OC and I assume a decent raise regardless.

Yeah, I don't want him to go, but it would be kind of a ####ty thing to do I think and I can't imagine it would be good for the general relationship.  It would make sense for them to have a handshake deal to be OC and I assume a decent raise regardless.
Yeah on the surface it seems ####ty but I'm going to assume they had to discus this with him at some point. If he ends up missing out on OC opportunities I'd have to think they'd give him a bump in salary too. 

Also regarding Mixon:

Just got off phone w/ Joe Mixon. Said he got a 1st round grade. Flew to Norman today to tell coaches his decision. More on ESPN to come

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
 I agree with a lot of what you said but disagree entirely with Dak "choking time and time again" at while Miss State.  His surrounding cast was absolute garbage and his receivers dropped everything. All you need to do is look at what all miss did prior to that getting there. 
His cast wasn't great but Miss St wasn't a top Ranked team just because of Dax either. My point is there's a lot of people overrating Dax. Give Carson those weapons or some of the other QBs and they could've done just as well. Right now Dax is still in prove it mode. He wasn't asked to do much this year. When he had to do things by himself and carry the team especially then first game against the Eagles part of it he was shaky at best. 

Bigboy10182000 said:
I think Mixon will be a lock to get drafted.  I think people are more likely to forgive the mistakes/stupid sheet of a 17-18 year old kid than that of a 27 year old Vick or a 30 year old Ray Rice.  What Mixon did was bad, no doubt but I don't put him in the same ballpark as Vick or Rice.  The only issue that may keep him from getting drafted would be if he still had issues after this incident or behavior issues that we don't know about.

Jeffery is 26 now and would be 27 when the season starts.  He's only had injury issues the past 2 seasons as well and the 2 years prior averaged 87-1277-8.5.  I agree that hes not a top 5 WR but he has top 12 talent and would be about 50 spots better than our next WR lol. 

I don't worry about the PED issue at all either.  Or the money since Wentz isn't making anything and neither is any RB or other WR on the team.
I'm not sure on Mixon I have a hardline when it comes to that sort of thing. I believe in second chances but not in the NFL IMHO for him. He actually had a parking incident with a parking officer where he shredded the paper threw it in her face then intimidated her by inching closer and closer to her with his vehicle. It doesn't seem this guy has learned his lesson at all. The NFL rafting this guy just shows how hypocritical the league is on their rules. Pacman was just arrested gain on Tues not even 2 days after his season ended. What chance are we on with him? 

Mixon gets in Parking Ticket Dispute.

Yeah not sure why had 30 in there probably thinking of Jackson. My point is I don't think he's gonna be worth the money plus with the cap space we have I'd rather deal with spending it elsewhere. I don't want to get in a whole Bradford debate but that's just the kind of move Chip would make overpaying a guy who's not top 5 top 5 WR money. Trading for Bradford at the time cost us about 12M that we could've used for depth at the oline or other spots. I'd rather spend the money from Jeffrey on either two WRs in FA or a WR and something else of need. Rather not put all my eggs in one basket per say. If we were 1 guy away from a SB I'd probably say sure go for it but we aren't there yet. My gut says someone will overpay for Alshon if he hits FA and it certainly knowing Howie these days won't be the Eagles. 

G-King said:
I haven't heard anyone say he's already a TOP ELITE QB? Just a lot of Eagles fans say he's a nothing special, non leading, game manager who is no better than 25 other QBs in the league. That's definitely more hater than actual follower of his game play, practice play and interviews.

The educated Dallas fans aren't saying he's in Brady/Rodgers/Manning class. But if Dak was drafted by Dallas at #4 and he was thrown in this years QB grade with Goff, Wentz and Lynch- then I think his comparison with those guys would be more favorable; actually he's been better than all of them. The rub to East Division teams is that Dak was taken in the late 4th, therefore he has to be nothing more than a JAG QB and will be holding a clipboard every week. The fact he's been way better than that doesn't sit well with a lot in here, and that's understandable. All of us are pizzed that NE got Brady in the late round where those guys usually never make the first cut. Sometimes late picks payoff like firsts. (Terrell Davis comes to mind). Dak doesn't get any credit for winning, but Wentz doesn't get any blame for overthrowing players and failing to close out the close games. I think both scenarios are unfair. Both QBs are extremely talented and the battles for the next few years are going to be great entertainment to watch. 
I'm talking Analyst and all here as well. Right now he's a game manager. he isn't asked to do much. Dal is ranked near the bottom 3 in pass attempts this year. That's nothing against Dax and saying he's a game manager is actually accurate this year. Dak being drafted 4th I think has a different outcome though. They have Morris instead of Zeke. I'm by no means a big fan of Zeke and wasn't in college but it makes a worlds difference for Dax in terms of what he's expected to do being #4 of being drafted in the 4th. With Wentz having watched him in College you can tell he has that IT FACTOR and all the stuff to be an elite QB. Scouts were saying they hadn't seen a guy command the LOS calling out plays at the line, making adjustments and audibles since Payton Manning at Tenn. You can see that top elite Franchise talent is there. Wentz definitely needs mechanical fixes for sure but he's also put in terms of a gunslinger like Big Ben/Favre and how many times did Favre fair or not get blamed for bad throws or not bringing his team back? Favre was a lot of times reasons GB won and a lot of times why they lost because of that mentality. Fair or not it's the nature of who the QB is and what people think. Fair or not NFL Analyst and people will overrate the popular teams and their guys. Dallas has always been one of those teams. it's like the NCAA in football ranking the likes of USC/ND for how many years as a top 5 only for them to finish in the top #20 barely or just inside the top 15 based on who they are. Either yes unfairly both QBs have comparisons and such. However I agree with a lot of people that Dax might not even be a top 5 player on his side of the ball on his team either. People say look at what Dak did this year. Yeah also look at who he had weapons wise and his line. Then look what Wentz did with the line and weapons he had. I won't argue who was better but based on what both guys landed with I'd say Wentz had more impressive #s in terms of what he had to work with. We could argue this further and say look where Goff is. We've had this debate on here who'd work out better Goff or Wentz depending who went where. Wentz ended up with the better coaches. A lot of times it also depends where the guy land. I doubt Dax comes close to the season he had if he ends up in Cle. It's just as much about where they go when drafted as how much talent they have. Either way hopefully Both QBs can make this rivalry another special one again.  

Just wanted to chime in on Dak before we get back to the Eagles. Yes, he had a great supporting cast. That does not take away the fact that he made pretty much every read and every throw he had to make. He was not just a game manager, he made really good decisions of when to run and when to pass, and made clutch throws when he needed to. He pretty much had as good a season as he could have had as a rookie. I think that will bode well for him in the future, having success at the NFL level, whether his supporting cast is as strong or not.

I know we like to see the negative in everything Dallas, but I have a hard time doing that based on the season Dak just had.

Eagles’ starting outside wide receivers (Agholor + DGB) combined for 757 yards. 

52 individual players had more than 757 yards in 2016.

EAGLES' LIMITED SALARY CAP FLEXIBILITY CREATES A CHALLENGING OFFSEASON 

By Reuben Frank | CSNPhilly.com  January 06, 2017 
They’re also missing the salary cap flexibility the franchise has gotten used to since the early days of cap guru Joe Banner.

That means a tricky offseason ahead.

Lack of cap space means no free agency shopping spree, which considering this team’s recent record may be a good thing.

But it also means the Eagles are severely limited in how they can rebuild a roster that is sorely lacking at several positions and how quickly they can infuse talent on a roster that projects as the oldest in the NFL in 2017 based on players currently under contract.

They may have to release or try to restructure players they want to retain. They may be unable to bid for first-tier free agents. They may not be able to give extensions to players they want to keep.

So not only are the Eagles trying to rebuild after an eighth straight year without a playoff victory and a third straight year out of the postseason, they’re trying to do it with their hands essentially tied as well.

“Yeah, it's unusual, certainly since I've been here, to have a more challenging situation,” vice president of football operations Howie Roseman said.

“But part of our job in the front office is to look at this over a long period of time. So as we sit here today, it isn't like the first time that we are looking at that situation, and we'll do whatever's best for the football team.”

The NFL’s unadjusted cap is expected to increase about $10 million in 2017, from $155.3 million in 2016 to an estimated $164 million or $165 million.

Every team has an adjusted cap figure, which takes into account carry-over money. Generally speaking, money not spent under one year’s cap is added to a team’s cap figure the following year.

The Eagles’ adjusted cap figure in 2016 was $161,806,117, and their adjusted cap figure in 2017 projects to $165,096,643, according to Spotrac.com, which exhaustively tracks salary and contract information for all major sports.

According to Spotrac, the Eagles have the fourth-smallest amount of projected cap money this offseason at $12,440,825.

They have 49 players currently under contract for 2017 and 18 of them have a 2017 cap figure of at least $4 million.

They also have 21 players whose dead money will count against their 2017 cap. Those are players who were released with remaining pro-rated portions of their signing bonuses. Most of those dead money charges are minimal, but some are significant — namely, Sam Bradford ($5½ million) and Eric Rowe ($904,496).

When a player’s cap figure is significantly higher than the amount of dead money releasing him would create, he becomes a candidate to be released in a cap move.

Here are some examples of players the Eagles could release to gain cap space:

Jason Peters ($9.2 million)

Connor Barwin ($7.75M)

Ryan Mathews ($4M)

Jason Kelce ($3.8M)

Leodis McKelvin ($3.2M)

Allen Barbre ($1.8M)

Ron Brooks ($1.6M)

“You’d like to have everyone back,” Roseman said. “As we look toward putting a plan in place, we've got to look at everyone on the team and figure out what the value is.

“Don't want to talk about anyone specifically out of respect for those guys about contract situations, but we've got to do whatever is in the best interests of this team going forward.”

The Eagles have to ask themselves this: Are we better off with Lane Johnson at left tackle, Halapoulivaati Vaitai at right tackle and $9.2 million more cap money available or with Peters at left tackle and Johnson at right tackle?

Tough question.

The problem with releasing high-priced players is that you still have to replace them with cheaper players at the same position. And cheaper generally means not as talented, unless they’re draft picks. And the Eagles’ drafting has been poor to mediocre for years.

The best way to avoid overpaying free agents and getting into cap trouble is to draft well.

“No question,” Roseman said. “It's one of the things where you look back and when we made some decisions, we compromised on guys, as opposed to just sticking to the board and doing the right thing, not based on a need ... but based on who is the best player to be part of a core going forward. I sit here very confident that that will not happen again.”

One of the reasons the Eagles got themselves into this situation was the flurry of offseason re-signings last year.

In retrospect, did the Eagles need to sign Vinny Curry to a five-year, $47.5 million deal? Or Chase Daniel to a three-year, $21 million deal? Or Brent Celek to a three-year, $13 million deal? Even Fletcher Cox's six-year, $102.6 million deal raised some eyebrows.

Roseman, asked about last spring’s series of signings, said one of the benefits of adding a guy like Joe Douglas — the new vice president of player personnel — is that he brings a fresh set of eyes to the team’s roster where Roseman may have tended to overvalue those guys because he was familiar with them.

“Yes, I think there is that danger, and I think that's another one of the values that you have by bringing people outside this organization to look at your roster and to be able to give you different perspective, because we're human,” Roseman said.

“And there's no doubt that just like your kids, you want to see your own players succeed.
 I think we have that balance now to make sure that we have a good way of making these decisions and seeing it through a different lens.”

The bottom line is that the Eagles have some very difficult decisions to make in the coming months.

It’s hard enough to turn a losing team into a winner. Doing it without the benefit of cap flexibility is much tougher.

“Ideally in free agency, you're signing 26-, 27-year-old guys who can be part of the core,” Roseman said.

“Unfortunately, teams are doing a good job of locking those guys up, as well. 
So we have to try to balance that and bring in guys that fit what we're trying to do.

“(And) understand that there's no way to do everything in one offseason.”

Dallas isnt winning a super bowl this year with Dak. My question is would they win with Romo?  I think the probability would be a lot higher.  But I understand that they have to go with Dak

ETA - A team like NE would make Dallas one dimensional and put the game in Dak's hand.  No way Dak could overcome what NE would do to Dallas's defense 
This is your fathers new england defense. I dont think they can match up with that running game. Dont mean pats wont win because of brady. But i dont think they shut down elliot either

EAGLES' LIMITED SALARY CAP FLEXIBILITY CREATES A CHALLENGING OFFSEASON 

By Reuben Frank | CSNPhilly.com  January 06, 2017 
They’re also missing the salary cap flexibility the franchise has gotten used to since the early days of cap guru Joe Banner.

That means a tricky offseason ahead.

Lack of cap space means no free agency shopping spree, which considering this team’s recent record may be a good thing.

But it also means the Eagles are severely limited in how they can rebuild a roster that is sorely lacking at several positions and how quickly they can infuse talent on a roster that projects as the oldest in the NFL in 2017 based on players currently under contract.

They may have to release or try to restructure players they want to retain. They may be unable to bid for first-tier free agents. They may not be able to give extensions to players they want to keep.

So not only are the Eagles trying to rebuild after an eighth straight year without a playoff victory and a third straight year out of the postseason, they’re trying to do it with their hands essentially tied as well.

“Yeah, it's unusual, certainly since I've been here, to have a more challenging situation,” vice president of football operations Howie Roseman said.

“But part of our job in the front office is to look at this over a long period of time. So as we sit here today, it isn't like the first time that we are looking at that situation, and we'll do whatever's best for the football team.”

The NFL’s unadjusted cap is expected to increase about $10 million in 2017, from $155.3 million in 2016 to an estimated $164 million or $165 million.

Every team has an adjusted cap figure, which takes into account carry-over money. Generally speaking, money not spent under one year’s cap is added to a team’s cap figure the following year.

The Eagles’ adjusted cap figure in 2016 was $161,806,117, and their adjusted cap figure in 2017 projects to $165,096,643, according to Spotrac.com, which exhaustively tracks salary and contract information for all major sports.

According to Spotrac, the Eagles have the fourth-smallest amount of projected cap money this offseason at $12,440,825.

They have 49 players currently under contract for 2017 and 18 of them have a 2017 cap figure of at least $4 million.

They also have 21 players whose dead money will count against their 2017 cap. Those are players who were released with remaining pro-rated portions of their signing bonuses. Most of those dead money charges are minimal, but some are significant — namely, Sam Bradford ($5½ million) and Eric Rowe ($904,496).

When a player’s cap figure is significantly higher than the amount of dead money releasing him would create, he becomes a candidate to be released in a cap move.

Here are some examples of players the Eagles could release to gain cap space:

Jason Peters ($9.2 million)

Connor Barwin ($7.75M)

Ryan Mathews ($4M)

Jason Kelce ($3.8M)

Leodis McKelvin ($3.2M)

Allen Barbre ($1.8M)

Ron Brooks ($1.6M)

“You’d like to have everyone back,” Roseman said. “As we look toward putting a plan in place, we've got to look at everyone on the team and figure out what the value is.

“Don't want to talk about anyone specifically out of respect for those guys about contract situations, but we've got to do whatever is in the best interests of this team going forward.”

The Eagles have to ask themselves this: Are we better off with Lane Johnson at left tackle, Halapoulivaati Vaitai at right tackle and $9.2 million more cap money available or with Peters at left tackle and Johnson at right tackle?

Tough question.

The problem with releasing high-priced players is that you still have to replace them with cheaper players at the same position. And cheaper generally means not as talented, unless they’re draft picks. And the Eagles’ drafting has been poor to mediocre for years.

The best way to avoid overpaying free agents and getting into cap trouble is to draft well.

“No question,” Roseman said. “It's one of the things where you look back and when we made some decisions, we compromised on guys, as opposed to just sticking to the board and doing the right thing, not based on a need ... but based on who is the best player to be part of a core going forward. I sit here very confident that that will not happen again.”

One of the reasons the Eagles got themselves into this situation was the flurry of offseason re-signings last year.

In retrospect, did the Eagles need to sign Vinny Curry to a five-year, $47.5 million deal? Or Chase Daniel to a three-year, $21 million deal? Or Brent Celek to a three-year, $13 million deal? Even Fletcher Cox's six-year, $102.6 million deal raised some eyebrows.

Roseman, asked about last spring’s series of signings, said one of the benefits of adding a guy like Joe Douglas — the new vice president of player personnel — is that he brings a fresh set of eyes to the team’s roster where Roseman may have tended to overvalue those guys because he was familiar with them.

“Yes, I think there is that danger, and I think that's another one of the values that you have by bringing people outside this organization to look at your roster and to be able to give you different perspective, because we're human,” Roseman said.

“And there's no doubt that just like your kids, you want to see your own players succeed.
 I think we have that balance now to make sure that we have a good way of making these decisions and seeing it through a different lens.”

The bottom line is that the Eagles have some very difficult decisions to make in the coming months.

It’s hard enough to turn a losing team into a winner. Doing it without the benefit of cap flexibility is much tougher.

“Ideally in free agency, you're signing 26-, 27-year-old guys who can be part of the core,” Roseman said.

“Unfortunately, teams are doing a good job of locking those guys up, as well. 
So we have to try to balance that and bring in guys that fit what we're trying to do.

“(And) understand that there's no way to do everything in one offseason.”
Seeing that dead money for Eric Rowe makes me shake my head, that move made no sense at all. 

Done to appease the new DC. Howie listened to them a lot last offseason
I haven't asked my guy who coaches DBs for the Eagles with Udln on Rowe yet and what happened but it sounds to me from just reading the way the Eagles reacted to Rowe is that he didn't seem like he was fitting the scheme nor was he learning it well enough. To me I always thought Rowe was a S/CB in form of a Jenkins but we already have 2 Great Safeties and he wasn't unseating them and not learning his CB positions really killed him. I'm hoping I can get a legit answer from someone. Might have to ask the guys mom who I work with who knows her football as well to ask him or maybe she was told by him already something about it. It's a weird situation but then again trading Rowe was no different then Tenn giving up on DGB after 1 yr. Both GMs this year said player wasn't drafted by them and may not have been the type of guy they'd have wanted. Either way if I'm Roseman I listen to Jim Schwartz because with your Defense not being great and questionable and embarrassing since the late Jim Johnson left us and a DC in Schwartz who's had success coaching top 10 Ds in this league You give him whatever the he dam well wants IMHO within reason. 

Just wanted to chime in on Dak before we get back to the Eagles. Yes, he had a great supporting cast. That does not take away the fact that he made pretty much every read and every throw he had to make. He was not just a game manager, he made really good decisions of when to run and when to pass, and made clutch throws when he needed to. He pretty much had as good a season as he could have had as a rookie. I think that will bode well for him in the future, having success at the NFL level, whether his supporting cast is as strong or not.

I know we like to see the negative in everything Dallas, but I have a hard time doing that based on the season Dak just had.
This is an honest assessment of Dak.....I was waiting for the guy to screw up, but not only did he not.......he put the team on his shoulders and led them, including comebacks.....he made throws that any solid veteran QB would be proud of.....people wana give all his supporting cast the credit, and they did make him better.....BUT he also made his supporting cast better.....and if you can't see that, you're not really watching the games, you're just reading headlines.

It needed doing. Hindsight being 20/20 he was in kind of a rough spot. He had no previous coaching experience and was asked to coach a really young set of WRs. None got better either. 

This is kind of odd too from Les Bowen:

So, if Greg Lewis gets another job somewhere in 2017, that'll be six coaching jobs in six years. Kinda odd, even for this profession.

This is kind of odd too from Les Bowen:

So, if Greg Lewis gets another job somewhere in 2017, that'll be six coaching jobs in six years. Kinda odd, even for this profession.
If he goes somewhere he will probably be successful.  We are like the "good luck chuck" of coaches (and often players).  Reid, McDermott, Maxwell, Rowe, D. Lewis, D. Murray,  ... I guess Chip is one of the exceptions.   Nice to see them do well but still sucks at the same time.

Eagles signed a CFL CB today Odd thing is 2 yr contract. A few others were interested in him 

Eagles sign CFL DB
2 yr contract is pretty standard on these kinds of flyers. If the player turns out good, you have him for an extra year to negotiate exclusively. If he doesn't, you're cutting him anyway. If it was only 1 year and he plays good, you have to go to Free Agency to get him back.

Watched the Game last night and wasn't as impressed with Mike Williams. Here's a guy who's suppose to be this top WR impact prospect and he was literally held to 4 catches for 40 yards by top prospect 1st round secondary talent up until his one impressive catch on the final drive. He went out twice do to injury and is starting to get injury concerns Not sure as an Eagles fan I want a guy who didn't make most of an impact all game. I don't care for the "but he showed up when they needed him" because a talent talked up like him should've been a lot more impactful then he was. Granted I will give him this that the one play downfield the Defense stayed on him on a short route and allowed another Clemson guy to get open for a good gain downfield. I'm wonder what everyone else who watched thought of the guy? Personally I'd like to get a FA WR near the top tier and then maybe a guy who's cheap on a 1 yr deal and see if we can turn a young potentials career around. And then take a Travis Rudolph Martavious Scott of Clemson (He impressed me last night) in the draft later on. Scott would be a great complimentary blow the top off the defense and run sweeps and stuff if we can get say a Pryor or a big WR in here. 

His injury concerns will suppress his value but I'm more worried about his speed. I've watched probably 2 hours of highlights and he does seem to have NFL speed IMO

Watched the Game last night and wasn't as impressed with Mike Williams. Here's a guy who's suppose to be this top WR impact prospect and he was literally held to 4 catches for 40 yards by top prospect 1st round secondary talent up until his one impressive catch on the final drive. He went out twice do to injury and is starting to get injury concerns Not sure as an Eagles fan I want a guy who didn't make most of an impact all game. I don't care for the "but he showed up when they needed him" because a talent talked up like him should've been a lot more impactful then he was. Granted I will give him this that the one play downfield the Defense stayed on him on a short route and allowed another Clemson guy to get open for a good gain downfield. I'm wonder what everyone else who watched thought of the guy? Personally I'd like to get a FA WR near the top tier and then maybe a guy who's cheap on a 1 yr deal and see if we can turn a young potentials career around. And then take a Travis Rudolph Martavious Scott of Clemson (He impressed me last night) in the draft later on. Scott would be a great complimentary blow the top off the defense and run sweeps and stuff if we can get say a Pryor or a big WR in here. 
Don't trust WR named Mike Williams.  

It's my understanding that this draft is deep in DB's.  To that, I don't think they should buck that trend and draft at another position; particularly when they are in need....unlesss an unbelievable talent falls. To that, if this draft is as talented as they say it is in the CB/S positions.....nothing wrong with doing as they did in 2002. 

Take what talent the draft gives you....don't try to be the smartest guy in the room. 

It's my understanding that this draft is deep in DB's.  To that, I don't think they should buck that trend and draft at another position; particularly when they are in need....unlesss an unbelievable talent falls. To that, if this draft is as talented as they say it is in the CB/S positions.....nothing wrong with doing as they did in 2002. 

Take what talent the draft gives you....don't try to be the smartest guy in the room. 
Every year around this time there's always a bunch of DB's. As we move closer to the draft the DB's all fall while OL and QB's move up. I agree with taking the best player and while we have so many needs I probably won't have an issue with what position we chose in the first. But after the first 3 picks we better have one CB and one WR. 

Bigboy10182000 said:
His injury concerns will suppress his value but I'm more worried about his speed. I've watched probably 2 hours of highlights and he does seem to have NFL speed IMO
Just watching him he doesn't really excite me. I'll admit I'm different then others when it comes to guys. I don't get caught up in Highlight tapes and other things. In fact I hate QBs like Vick, RG3, CK and others. nothing more then athletes with big arms and nothing else. I'm more entertained watching Aaron Rodgers then any of those guys ever. Williams IMHO just doesn't get me all excited for the guy like he does others. I couldn't tell you what exactly I don't like about him because it's hard to pick one. My main concerns is I guess is he played in a college offense so his route running needs work and for his size he's underwhelming when it comes to getting physical with Defenders and plays soft. He doesn't offer much it seems in YAC which is huge in Pederson's offense which is similar to Andy's who predicated on WRs and RBs and Yes who could get YAC Yardage do to all the short to intermediate routes. I'm also not big on his blocking. It's not a huge thing for WRs but I do like a WR who can hold his own on the edge to help the RB find a lane outside. I guess my concerns are more with physical toughness, ability after a catch and the fact he just doesn't wow me like the media and all hype him to be. His lack of physicality really worries me similar to Nelson Agholar who has size and doesn't use it as well as DGB and to an extent Ertz but after being called out for his astrocious attempts in Cincy really took to the physicallity alot more the last few games. 

Thunderlips said:

I'd be all for doing what they did in 02. The funny thing is Lito Sheppard was from Florida. Would they take a Tabor/Wilson from Florida and then pick another CB? Too bad theres no good WR from South Carlina. If both those guys became as good as Lito and Sheldon did both from those respective colleges it'd have been pretty crazy we did it twice. I'd have no problem taking two CB especially if a guy is there with our pick who fell and is a first rounder talent. I mean I think the draft will be predicated more on what happens in FA and possible trades, guys cut etc. 

Was thinking about travelling for a game last year but no real good options, next year looks better.

Rams still playing at the Coliseum but could hit Disneyland while in the area.

Who knows what San Diego is going to do at this point.

Hit up some BBQ in KC or buy raincoats in Seattle.

Drive down to Carolina.

Any suggestions for best place to travel for an away game with the family next year?
Gonna have to do KC now.

Was actually going to go to the San Diego game this year too. 

I think it might be time to make a trip to Philly this year for my first live home game instead now.

Was actually going to go to the San Diego game this year too. 

I think it might be time to make a trip to Philly this year for my first live home game instead now.
I had plans for SD having friends there. They described it as Philly Southern Cal. One guy I was at the bar with about 2 or so yrs ago who had recently went to SD. Said he met a group of people at an area city bar in SD who were from our township there. Was very surprised how local (Philly wise) SD was. 

So with all these spots filling up, there's only 2 coaching jobs left and a few really good candidates.  Reich is likely staying now right?  No chance the chargers take him back and I can't see him getting that 49ers job with mcdaniels/patricia/shanahan still out there.

Glad he's staying but a little worried about our refusal to let the qb coach look at oc jobs.

So with all these spots filling up, there's only 2 coaching jobs left and a few really good candidates.  Reich is likely staying now right?  No chance the chargers take him back and I can't see him getting that 49ers job with mcdaniels/patricia/shanahan still out there.

Glad he's staying but a little worried about our refusal to let the qb coach look at oc jobs.
I can't imagine DeFillpo will cause a stir. I'm sure he's going to get a nice bump in salary and a thank you from everyone.

I can't imagine DeFillpo will cause a stir. I'm sure he's going to get a nice bump in salary and a thank you from everyone.
yeah and it would be great to keep the trio of Pederson-Reich-DeFilipo together for Wentz's development.  Didinger mentioned that as a key reason that they didn't want to let him go, which makes sense.  He's gotta get more money and maybe he didn't necessarily want to leave for that Jets job anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread