What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (3 Viewers)

You aren't the only one. Any non Dallas fan and anyone who isn't swinging on their nuts in the media knows that they caught lightening in a bottle and had an easy schedule. I'd argue with Dallas fans for months what Dax was doing wasn't that impressive considering the talent around him and put Wentz on that team he puts up even bigger numbers and runs away with ROTY probably. They lost one of their best OL guys to retirement, they have a tougher schedule and this isn't even including all the guys they have suspended or injured already. I also believe it's us and the Giants. Dax in college wasn't great under the spotlight either. Like I said he was labeled the next Tim Tebow success wise for the conference and failed to live up to it in big moments. People might hate Tebow but you can't deny he came up big when Florida needed him while there. 4th and short QB sneak against UT his freshman year twice, the title games , huge game vs FSU etc. Dax when the spotlight was on failed to show up, giving up costly turnovers and such. When Miss St was undefeated maybe 2 yrs ago they had that big run to start the year, played Bama one of the last games of the year and Dax if you forgot the TOs had a hell of a game but he turned the ball over like 4 times and 2 of them were crucial ones. Dax playing reminds me of a Poor Man Donovan McNabb and last year reminded me of what McNabb would've looked like if he had a supporting cast better one at the beginning of his career. 
You completely blew your whole analysis when you don't even know that Doug Free was their WORST offensive lineman and a welcomed retirement. Sounds like you may be blinded a bit by Carsons sack. But I get it, your a fan. There are plenty of Dallas fans swearing Dak was the steal of the draft and Philly over paid for the lesser QB. I think both fans, including you my friend, are wrong. Both Carson and Dax will have amazing careers, time will tell where the true value was.

DJackson10 said:
Yes I think he has been. I forget who is was on NFL Network who was like Carson was a guy who needed to show him again he could do it. What I don't get is all these people hesitant on Wentz yet singing the Praises of Dax Prescott. Yeah the dude had a good year but really he had one of the fewest Pass attempts per game and entire year out of any starting QB, a top run game and great pieces already around him. I watch Dax in college and he was constantly hyped up as the next Tebow of the Conference (In terms of success as a QB and team wise) and he constantly fell short and choked in the moment. Meanwhile Carson is playing 2nd level College ball and IQ and commanding the huddle and understanding the game is light years ahead of guys in FCS 1 ball and doing things at the LOS scouts were saying they only saw Payton doing at College and came up with in huge moments for his team. I get it Dax is on Dal so he's always gonna be somewhat overrated. However I think it's silly to saw Carson Wentz had an ok year and the 2nd half was absolutely terrible. BGH did a nice little 3 part series on Wentz performance in bits through the year. First games he was hot the middle of the year when he was struggling and end of the year. Overall it was still a great rookie year for a guy who had almost nothing around him with a beat up make shift oline. Put Carson in Dax position and I think he puts up even better numbers then Dax. Dax is a nice QB don't get me wrong but if I was an NFL GM with an unbiased opinion gun to my head who'd I take as my franchise QB I'm taking Wentz every day and twice on Sundays based on how far ahead he is already compared to other QBs 
I dunno - from the tone of this post, it seems like you could be a little biased (nothing wrong with that!)....

Wentz had an uneven but decent rookie year. I don't know how anyone could say with a straight face that he's ahead of Dak as an NFL QB at this point in time or that they would take Wentz over Dak. That's craziness IMO. Dak was incredible last year for a rookie and to explain that away with stuff about O-Line and surrounding cast and low passing attempts I think is a bit misguided and doesn't appreciate what Dak accomplished.

G-King said:
You completely blew your whole analysis when you don't even know that Doug Free was their WORST offensive lineman and a welcomed retirement. Sounds like you may be blinded a bit by Carsons sack. But I get it, your a fan. There are plenty of Dallas fans swearing Dak was the steal of the draft and Philly over paid for the lesser QB. I think both fans, including you my friend, are wrong. Both Carson and Dax will have amazing careers, time will tell where the true value was.
We'd like you to keep posting here @G-King . But turn stuff like this WAY down if you wan to keep posting here. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a homer, but Blount should get most of the between the tackles work with Smallwood mixing in. Sproles is the primary receiving back with Pumphrey behind him. I saw blurb saying Philly was running some plays with both scat backs on the field.

Trout 2019. His wife wants to back home. 

Would be amazing...
They don't have the prospects to really make it happen plus Trout will be almost 30 by that time. Trout is a dream to many fans but feasible it won't work and even sets the team back in terms of their farm and what it'd take talent wise to give up. We trade for Trout we end up being in the position LAA is in already. 

If Carson wentz was on Dallas with that offensive talent he would have had a better year than dak.  
Absolutely I think a lot of people analysis and opposing fans underestimated just how little help Carson had and for the numbers he did put up it was pretty good. 

Saw that yesterday at Work. We just opened our own beer garden and have a seating area with two TVs (I'm sure on football season I'm gonna be asked what channel the game is on. I also get to work in there a few days a week so I don't have to check my phone as much plus I can sit in there on lunch and just watch the days news. 

Either way 49 days 

48 days till Opening Kick off, 2 days till Rookies and selected Vets and IR players from last season head to camp and another 6 until the first full TC Practice. To say I'm excited about this season is an understatement. 

48 Wes Hopkins days till KO!!!!

We got Greg Jackson (47 Days) till KO

We got Greg Jackson (46 days) till KO. Tomorrow's name will be a huge HIT on here if you catch my drift...

We got TIM HAUCK (46 days) till KO. I Told you this was a HUGE HIT. Guy who laid out Irvine and forced him into Retirement. 
Good lord dude you are all over the map here.

G-King said:
I don't think Philly really overpaid at all. Look at what they gave up compared to what LA gave up for a lesser talented QB. Look at what Washington ended up giving up to just get RG3. The Eagles gave up a 4th they got from Ten for a malcontent in Murray a contract many experts thought was untraceable and also gave up the number 10 pick after moving up 3 spots by swapping 1st with Mia, Giving up another apparent untradable contract in Byron Maxwell and a guy who played very poorly in Kiko Alonso. They gave up a 1st from last year but recouped that by trading Sam Bradford from the Vikings, They also got a 4th (Which turned into Sproles Replacement Pumphrey's) in the Browns deal and now a 5th in the Bradford deal. The Eagles have a lot of assets draft wise for next year to get into the 2nd round as well if they want too. I think for a potential franchise QB it was well worth what was given up. They didn't destroy their future in anyway or other drafts. Now they got Lucky with the Minny trade sure but Roseman would've found someway to sneak into the first round. 

Now as for Dax I think he could've been drafted sooner then he was. Definitely over Hackenburg who I always thought was incredible overrated by PSU media and local Philly media. I think his NFL Interviews heading into the draft not being accountable for himself and throwing coaches under the bus was a huge red flag. But there's a reason the Jets are the Jets and drafted the dude and not Cook or Dax. However I saw a ton of him in college and just wasn't impressed with him at all. He was buttered up as the next Tebow success wise in the conference and failed routinely when the time came to put up. Dax last year had a ton of weapons around. One of the great things he had that Carson didn't was a Running game. A good running game helps a ton in the NFL. Teams were lining up 8-9-10 in the box which made some easier throwing lanes over the top. I'm not at all saying Dax will have a horrible career. I just think as usually because he had a great rookie year with a lot better surrounding cast then Carson had and being on Dal Dax will be a little overrated. I see Dax more of a McNabb clone when McNabb had talent around him where I think Carson could have a similar path as Big Ben, Those are two solid QBs. Dax also has something going for him it seems many of the roster around him doesn't there these days and thats common sense and a good guy not someone who'd do stupid things off the field that puts him in trouble with the team or league. 

I dunno - from the tone of this post, it seems like you could be a little biased (nothing wrong with that!)....

Wentz had an uneven but decent rookie year. I don't know how anyone could say with a straight face that he's ahead of Dak as an NFL QB at this point in time or that they would take Wentz over Dak. That's craziness IMO. Dak was incredible last year for a rookie and to explain that away with stuff about O-Line and surrounding cast and low passing attempts I think is a bit misguided and doesn't appreciate what Dak accomplished.
This isn't under estimating Dax accomplishment as much as showing what little Wentz had to work with and the numbers he did put up was good. I don't think any football fan when comparing supporting cast could say with a straight face that what Wentz dealt with was as good as Dax or better supporting cast. Dax also doesn't have the understanding of the game Carson has. Carson is calling plays at the line, making line changes etc at such a young age. Doing this stuff in college was incredible especially at FCS 1 level where scouts said they hadn't seen that type of stuff since Peyton Manning at College goes along way. He's way ahead of the game in that regard and ahead of Prescott there. He needs to definitely work on mechanics and that should cut down on his INTs as when he getting goofy with his Mechanics he tends to sail balls high which at the NFL leads to more Turnovers. Dak is a good player however a redflag to me was the fact he had talent around him in college but melted when the spotlight was on him for the big moment. Dax had a #1 WR Plus a reliable 2 and Slot guy and mr consistent at TE (Carson barely had 1 reliable receiver who could catch other then Ertz), He had a terrific Oline while Ertz had a makeshift Oline, players hurt plus 2 Rookies (One at RT) starting most of the year. Dax also had Zeke. Eagles had injury Prone Ryan Mathews, an inconsistent Smallwood a rookie, Sproles at times was the only reliable back and Kenjon Barner. Mathews is already on his way out with injury and had fumbling issues and Barnjer is no longer on the team. I don't see how saying Dax had all of that is misguided or doesn't appreciate what Dax accomplished here. All it does is put it in better perspective and begs to question how good would Wentz have been with better supporting cast. Not only that but Carson had more chances to turn the ball over with the most attempts by a rookie QB dropping back in NFL history and most passing attempts in a season for an Eagles QB. 

Would love some homer insight into the running game this year..... thoughts? 
Blount should get the majority of snaps with Smallwood and Sproles mixed in. Look for Sproles and maybe Punphrey to handle the passing downs as Blount isn't much of a rec back at all and Smallwood is still trying to getting protection down. If Pederson last year handling Mathews and his ball security issues is any factor I could see if Blount struggles again with Ball security like he did a few times in NE under BB Pederson going to Smallwood/Sproles or some combination of the two for a game or 2. I have seen that the Eagles in the spring tried some plays passing wise with both SProles and Pumphrey with Pumphrey spread out like a wideout and stuff like that. I could see Pederson for now using Pumphrey similar to Dexter McCluster was in KC the first year at least. Pumphrey from the talking head and fans seems like the logical guy who will Replace Sproles in the passing game when Darren hangs em up after this year like he's suggested might happen. Honestly to answer your question our guess right now how the running game goes is as good as yours. However I wouldn't doubt Blount being the primary battering ram at the Goalline. 

Blount should get the majority of snaps with Smallwood and Sproles mixed in. Look for Sproles and maybe Punphrey to handle the passing downs as Blount isn't much of a rec back at all and Smallwood is still trying to getting protection down. If Pederson last year handling Mathews and his ball security issues is any factor I could see if Blount struggles again with Ball security like he did a few times in NE under BB Pederson going to Smallwood/Sproles or some combination of the two for a game or 2. I have seen that the Eagles in the spring tried some plays passing wise with both SProles and Pumphrey with Pumphrey spread out like a wideout and stuff like that. I could see Pederson for now using Pumphrey similar to Dexter McCluster was in KC the first year at least. Pumphrey from the talking head and fans seems like the logical guy who will Replace Sproles in the passing game when Darren hangs em up after this year like he's suggested might happen. Honestly to answer your question our guess right now how the running game goes is as good as yours. However I wouldn't doubt Blount being the primary battering ram at the Goalline. 
I've been on this board for more years than I can recall. I've never felt more sorry for fellow poster. 

I asked who you were talking about Dak or Carson? I'm also not sure what you're overall question is. 

Are you asking if Dak's good year was do to him poorly scouted or coached within the right system? if that's the case I would say a little both more so right system. I liked him over others but not nearly as much as Cook and Wentz who stood out more. I probably saw more of Prescott then any QB not named Wentz given I follow the SEC. I think DaK is good and definitely should've been picked higher. I also think he ended up in just the right system and right situation. Great supporting cast of Oline, weapons at receiver and TE and relied on a great talent rookie Back. Dal had to control the clock to keep a suspect Def off the field. Now DaK leading a team right now? I probably wouldn't want him to given what I saw in college in situations he had to where he failed most of the time. I'd rather he find away to get it to Dez or rely on Elliot. Dal had to control the clock last year and to Jason Garret's credit he did that. DaK fell into the right situation. I had Wentz/Cook/Prescott as my top QBs going into the draft. I didn't like a lot of Jared Goff unless he went to a Chip kelly type offense, Paxton seemed more like an Avg QB. Good person but more of a game manager. Hackenburg was just terrible overrated. If Franklin given what he did at Vandy with lesser talented QBs can't get you to play well there's no hope for you. 

This isn't under estimating Dax accomplishment as much as showing what little Wentz had to work with and the numbers he did put up was good. I don't think any football fan when comparing supporting cast could say with a straight face that what Wentz dealt with was as good as Dax or better supporting cast. Dax also doesn't have the understanding of the game Carson has. Carson is calling plays at the line, making line changes etc at such a young age. Doing this stuff in college was incredible especially at FCS 1 level where scouts said they hadn't seen that type of stuff since Peyton Manning at College goes along way. He's way ahead of the game in that regard and ahead of Prescott there. He needs to definitely work on mechanics and that should cut down on his INTs as when he getting goofy with his Mechanics he tends to sail balls high which at the NFL leads to more Turnovers. Dak is a good player however a redflag to me was the fact he had talent around him in college but melted when the spotlight was on him for the big moment. Dax had a #1 WR Plus a reliable 2 and Slot guy and mr consistent at TE (Carson barely had 1 reliable receiver who could catch other then Ertz), He had a terrific Oline while Ertz had a makeshift Oline, players hurt plus 2 Rookies (One at RT) starting most of the year. Dax also had Zeke. Eagles had injury Prone Ryan Mathews, an inconsistent Smallwood a rookie, Sproles at times was the only reliable back and Kenjon Barner. Mathews is already on his way out with injury and had fumbling issues and Barnjer is no longer on the team. I don't see how saying Dax had all of that is misguided or doesn't appreciate what Dax accomplished here. All it does is put it in better perspective and begs to question how good would Wentz have been with better supporting cast. Not only that but Carson had more chances to turn the ball over with the most attempts by a rookie QB dropping back in NFL history and most passing attempts in a season for an Eagles QB.
I guess we can agree to disagree. IMO, Wentz is not ahead of Dak in basically any aspect of playing QB at the NFL level. I don't know what the evidence is for stating that Dak doesn't have the understanding of the game that Wentz has. I'm also not sure what you mean by Dak melting in the spotlight in a big moment. Sure, Dak had a better supporting cast overall, but that doesn't necessarily mean that Wentz would have been able to do what Dak did in the same situation.

I guess we can agree to disagree. IMO, Wentz is not ahead of Dak in basically any aspect of playing QB at the NFL level. I don't know what the evidence is for stating that Dak doesn't have the understanding of the game that Wentz has. I'm also not sure what you mean by Dak melting in the spotlight in a big moment. Sure, Dak had a better supporting cast overall, but that doesn't necessarily mean that Wentz would have been able to do what Dak did in the same situation.
Hey I'm all for respectfully agreeing to disagree. Way ahead of Dak in terms of line calls and such. I'm talking about how Wentz called plays at the line and does a lot of stuff Peyton Manning use to do. He did it at College which scouts were so impressed with considering the level of Football. Coaches would give Wentz the formation and he'd call the play change or kill it at the line, make all the protection calls etc. Not many QBs in college can really do all of that and Wentz was doing it out of a hybrid Pro Style offense which many College's don't run as they love to run read option/spread/etc with very minimal experience with pro style routes or play calls. Dak ran an offense similar in college to what Tebow ran as his coach was Dan Mullen who was the OC at Florida for Tebow and Mullen still runs a version of Urban Meyer's offense at Miss St. The melting in spotlight was in college big games Dak made a ton of mistakes against better opponents. In the year Miss St was undefeated they played Alabama I believe he had 4 INTs alone that game. Two of them even if no TD could at least taken the 3 pts if they held onto the ball. Those two turn overs went for I believe a 10 Pt advantage in the Tides favor. Dak was propped up as this next college sensation in the SEC similar to Tebow, Guy who would dethrone the Tide and Nick Saban and bring Miss St to glory. However when that spotlight was on Dak and his team they choked multiple times. I rooted for them to succeed as like many Florida fans we all loved Coach Mullen as he was always honest and up front about what he did and brought some passion as well. SO it wasn't like I rooted against Prescott. Also the bolded I think you could easily say I don't know if you could say Dak does the same thing in Dal if put in Wentz's situation. You could argue both ways for that.

Also this isn't as much of Eagle Homerism as maybe it's Wentz Bias. I've been a Wentz fan long before he was an Eagle going back to his college days. I was telling anyone and everyone the year before when the Mariotta hype came about no MM isn't the guy the Eagles should get there's this guy at North Dakota State who I think is even better. Plays a pro style offense, makes plays at the lOS like Peyton, Won a National Title, size of Big Ben but with great athleticism, etc. People thought I was crazy but that's how much I believed in Wentz. Even during the whole draft process last year people were saying no Goff, Dax, etc. I was like uh No Wentz Wentz Wentz Wentz. I also was a huge fan of Connor Cook in college as well but not as big as Wentz. I just felt like I saw Big Ben mixed with Peyton in there. Prescott I always got the feeling of a McNabb which isn't terrible more so that we already had McNabb and I wanted possible franchise changing QB who could win a SB type. I loved McNabb but I already saw what an Andy Reied coached like team (Not that it's a bad thing Pederson is close to Andy) with McNabb. I feel if Carson was on Dal and did similar he'd be overhyped too. it's just the nature of Dal being who they are with the media. They'll always have their team and guys overhyped to an extent. 

I don't think you understand how bad the oline, wrs, and rbs on the eagles were last year.  Like bottom 5 in the league bad.  Esp when lane Johnson got suspended.  

There is talk around the locker room that Matthews’ issue is more serious than tendinitis. But there is talk elsewhere in the building that Matthews could have practiced more in the spring, that the real issue is his contract. This will be the final year of the rookie deal Matthews signed after being drafted in the second round in 2014. He will make $1,094,000, according to Spotrac.com. There has been no indication that the team, tight against the projected 2018 cap, has done anything toward extending Matthews.

This isn’t necessarily a hard report from Les, but that sure doesn’t seem like “nothing” to me.

Assuming one of those two things is true, either:

1 - Matthews’ injury is more serious than we know. That’s concerning. It doesn’t seem so far-fetched, either, considering how Matthews has been suffering from this issue for a year now and is still expected to be limited in practice when he finally does participate. Not having Matthews healthy hurts Philadelphia’s wide receiver depth. It also prohibits their ability to trade him, which could explain the delay in why that hasn’t happened yet.

OR

2 - Matthews is actually not injured and he’s trying to not practice too much because he doesn’t want to jeopardize his impending free agency by getting (even more) hurt before he gets paid. It seems very unlikely Matthews would want to miss practice given his hard-working nature. But the fact that he’s a free agent after this season isn’t totally insignificant.

I’m not going to pretend like I know what’s going on here. The only thing I do know is that this situation doesn’t feel normal. It was just yesterday when Doug Pederson said there is “nothing” wrong despite the fact he also said he will limit Matthews in practice.

Here’s hoping there’s some more clarity about this Matthews situation soon. Because right now it’s kind of weird.

Link

There is talk around the locker room that Matthews’ issue is more serious than tendinitis. But there is talk elsewhere in the building that Matthews could have practiced more in the spring, that the real issue is his contract. This will be the final year of the rookie deal Matthews signed after being drafted in the second round in 2014. He will make $1,094,000, according to Spotrac.com. There has been no indication that the team, tight against the projected 2018 cap, has done anything toward extending Matthews.

This isn’t necessarily a hard report from Les, but that sure doesn’t seem like “nothing” to me.

Assuming one of those two things is true, either:

1 - Matthews’ injury is more serious than we know. That’s concerning. It doesn’t seem so far-fetched, either, considering how Matthews has been suffering from this issue for a year now and is still expected to be limited in practice when he finally does participate. Not having Matthews healthy hurts Philadelphia’s wide receiver depth. It also prohibits their ability to trade him, which could explain the delay in why that hasn’t happened yet.

OR

2 - Matthews is actually not injured and he’s trying to not practice too much because he doesn’t want to jeopardize his impending free agency by getting (even more) hurt before he gets paid. It seems very unlikely Matthews would want to miss practice given his hard-working nature. But the fact that he’s a free agent after this season isn’t totally insignificant.

I’m not going to pretend like I know what’s going on here. The only thing I do know is that this situation doesn’t feel normal. It was just yesterday when Doug Pederson said there is “nothing” wrong despite the fact he also said he will limit Matthews in practice.

Here’s hoping there’s some more clarity about this Matthews situation soon. Because right now it’s kind of weird.

Link
I'd say its a bit of both.  He knows he's on his last year here and he used to be a focal point of the offense and will be more of a 3rd option now behind Jeffery and Ertz. 

If you follow along you'll know Im not a big Matthews guy at all.  IMHO, there's a legit chance of Agholor just beating him out for the slot position entirely if he keeps making strides. 

I'd say its a bit of both.  He knows he's on his last year here and he used to be a focal point of the offense and will be more of a 3rd option now behind Jeffery and Ertz. 

If you follow along you'll know Im not a big Matthews guy at all.  IMHO, there's a legit chance of Agholor just beating him out for the slot position entirely if he keeps making strides. 
Yeah I won't really miss Mathews when he's gone.  He's a pretty average wr who's gonna want more money. No thanks.  I thought it was pretty clear when we signed 2 fa wr and drafted 2 more Mathews was gone.

To the surprise on no one

Dave Zangaro‏Verified account @DZangaroCSN  4m4 minutes ago

The #Eagles had around $6.9 million in salary cap space before cutting Allen Barbre, a move that saves $2.1 million.

This after Frank Reich declared Isaac Seamulo the starting LG. 

To the surprise on no one

Dave Zangaro‏Verified account @DZangaroCSN  4m4 minutes ago

The #Eagles had around $6.9 million in salary cap space before cutting Allen Barbre, a move that saves $2.1 million.

This after Frank Reich declared Isaac Seamulo the starting LG. 
Kind of surprising to me...he seemed like pretty good OL depth.  :shrug:

You aren't the only one. Any non Dallas fan and anyone who isn't swinging on their nuts in the media knows that they caught lightening in a bottle and had an easy schedule. I'd argue with Dallas fans for months what Dax was doing wasn't that impressive considering the talent around him and put Wentz on that team he puts up even bigger numbers and runs away with ROTY probably. They lost one of their best OL guys to retirement, they have a tougher schedule and this isn't even including all the guys they have suspended or injured already. I also believe it's us and the Giants. Dax in college wasn't great under the spotlight either. Like I said he was labeled the next Tim Tebow success wise for the conference and failed to live up to it in big moments. People might hate Tebow but you can't deny he came up big when Florida needed him while there. 4th and short QB sneak against UT his freshman year twice, the title games , huge game vs FSU etc. Dax when the spotlight was on failed to show up, giving up costly turnovers and such. When Miss St was undefeated maybe 2 yrs ago they had that big run to start the year, played Bama one of the last games of the year and Dax if you forgot the TOs had a hell of a game but he turned the ball over like 4 times and 2 of them were crucial ones. Dax playing reminds me of a Poor Man Donovan McNabb and last year reminded me of what McNabb would've looked like if he had a supporting cast better one at the beginning of his career. 
Dak

I don't think Blount was ever a fumbler (but maybe I'm wrong). Are you thinking of Ridley?

Finally we can stop talking about Marcus Smith. Even though Howie took the blame for it, I fully believe that was Chip's guy the whole time. 

Everything that came out about the Scouts from 2014 seems to point that way.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2629006-chip-kelly-reportedly-alienated-eagles-scouts-changed-2014-draft-board

I think with this cut we can finally be rid of everything bad that was Chip. We still have Ertz and Hicks but by and large Chip was an epic disaster even with the 10-6 seasons.  

I don't think Blount was ever a fumbler (but maybe I'm wrong). Are you thinking of Ridley?
I know Ridley did I had the dude on my Keeper team that year he had major issues. Blount was benched or something but now I don't even remember what it was. I thought it was for Fumbles but it was definitely something else now that i think about it. 

Eagles instead of cutting Barbre traded him to our good Friend John Elway and Den for a conditional 2019 7th rounder per Schefty

Eagles instead of cutting Barbre traded him to our good Friend John Elway and Den for a conditional 2019 7th rounder per Schefty

Finally we can stop talking about Marcus Smith. Even though Howie took the blame for it, I fully believe that was Chip's guy the whole time. 

Everything that came out about the Scouts from 2014 seems to point that way.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2629006-chip-kelly-reportedly-alienated-eagles-scouts-changed-2014-draft-board

I think with this cut we can finally be rid of everything bad that was Chip. We still have Ertz and Hicks but by and large Chip was an epic disaster even with the 10-6 seasons.  
I fully believe Chip's 10-6 team was mostly because he was just the new guy and a change. Players needed a kick in the butt to get going again. Like in baseball coach gets fired intern gets them a winning record 2nd half type deal. I still believe Smith was a Chip pick even if Roseman took the blame. I think he did that more for PR reason becoming GM again and maybe admitting mistakes even if not his shows faith to the fans he'll admit he's wrong at times. Considering what we've all heard about Chip trying to undermine Howie I think that's safe to guess maybe Smith wasn't a Howie pick. 

haven't kept up a ton with camp so far, but as 1 of like 5 fans out there that don't feel we need to burn Agholar at the stake, i am happy to hear this:

FanRag's Geoff Mosher believes the slot role is Nelson Agholor's to lose.

Agholor shined filling in for Jordan Matthews (knee) at OTAs. With Torrey Smith not showing much, it should be an easy decision to keep Agholor in three-wide sets if his strong play carries into training camp. Agholor has the most invested-draft capital of the Eagles' wideouts, so there's incentive to start him despite a disappointing first two seasons. The competition for Philly's No. 3 receiver job will be one of the more interesting battles this summer. It's unclear where Agholor assuming the slot role would leave incumbent slot WR Matthews, who hasn't practiced in seemingly forever due to "knee tendinitis."

Matthews is gone and is JAG anyway.  Agholar has way more talent but had the yips. If he can become the first round pick we all thought he was, bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread