What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (1 Viewer)

I know I missed the "claim to fame" thing by a week or so but tonight I just had my first Eagles connection-random-run-in happen!!

Phillip Daniels's (our assistant D-line coach) wife came into my restaurant for lunch today!  (She's in town because her son plays for the Calgary Stampeders, our CFL team here).  The server came and got me right away because he know how big of an Eagles fan I am and I went and chatted with her for a bit.  She said that if I'm in town for a game ever, she'd get me field passes!!  Since I happen to be coming out for my first Philly home game this year, I got all her info and she said she could hook us up with that.  Hopefully it works out, super excited for that!!

I know I missed the "claim to fame" thing by a week or so but tonight I just had my first Eagles connection-random-run-in happen!!

Phillip Daniels's (our assistant D-line coach) wife came into my restaurant for lunch today!  (She's in town because her son plays for the Calgary Stampeders, our CFL team here).  The server came and got me right away because he know how big of an Eagles fan I am and I went and chatted with her for a bit.  She said that if I'm in town for a game ever, she'd get me field passes!!  Since I happen to be coming out for my first Philly home game this year, I got all her info and she said she could hook us up with that.  Hopefully it works out, super excited for that!!
wait, you live in Calgary?

Marcus Smith has finally been cut too.
Over on SaintsReport, people are clamoring to bring this guy into New Orleans. "He was out of position in Philly", "He was misused over there", etc.

A few of our draftnik types don't want Marcus Smith. But most everyone else? Yeesh. They act like it's "Bruce Smith" that got cut, not "Marcus Smith".

Over on SaintsReport, people are clamoring to bring this guy into New Orleans. "He was out of position in Philly", "He was misused over there", etc.

A few of our draftnik types don't want Marcus Smith. But most everyone else? Yeesh. They act like it's "Bruce Smith" that got cut, not "Marcus Smith".
He would fit right in on that crappy saints def.  Might even start

He would fit right in on that crappy saints def.  Might even start
That's a big reason the Saints' D has been a mess -- too many washouts from other teams thrust into the starting lineup. The locals say "why not kick the tires?" on pretty much any semi-heard-of guy cut from other teams.

That's a big reason the Saints' D has been a mess -- too many washouts from other teams thrust into the starting lineup. The locals say "why not kick the tires?" on pretty much any semi-heard-of guy cut from other teams.
I don't think Smith's heart is into it enough.  Almost sounds like he feels entitled.  That isn't going to get you anywhere in the NFL.

Is Shelton Gibson going to make the final 53?  With all these drops in camp, unless he turns it around big-time, he's probably a cut...

Is Shelton Gibson going to make the final 53?  With all these drops in camp, unless he turns it around big-time, he's probably a cut...
He is a 5th round draft pick. So that buys him a bit of rope. If he was undrafted, he'd be a lock for first cut. He needs to have a helluva camp to even make the practice squad though.

That's awesome. My co Worker who's son is the assistant under Corey Udlin hooked me up for feild passes last year. It was a blast and I got to sit in her box with her coaches families share. Speaking of games I just got my Christmas Day tickets. Took my cousins for face value as he was selling his (My Pop Pop's former seats) as well as friends. Said it was cheaper for me to take his as we kind of always had a family discount deal when it came to seats plus my Dad is a carpenter and helping with his apartment. Do you know which game you'll be trying to attend yet? 

Also didn't know you lived in Canada. I'm taking a trip to Toronto in Aug from 31st to Sept 6th. Any suggestions of sites or places to eat if you know would be great if you know the place. 

He's more well known as #41. He wore 42 during his rookie season and that's it.
I know he is but the list which I'm taking from NJ.com June article series from last year has him 42 and Today which is 41 Randy Logan another of the famed NFC Champion 1980 team. 

Eagles did him a disservice jerking him from one position to another but don't let that fool you. He was flat-out bad at times. Every Eagles fan complains about Fire Fighter Danny but at the very least he started 26 games for the Eagles. Marcus SMith barely made it onto the field his 3 or so yrs on this club. Like another poster said though he'd fit right in with your Crappy defense and maybe even would've started. 

CentralPA said:
I don't think Smith's heart is into it enough.  Almost sounds like he feels entitled.  That isn't going to get you anywhere in the NFL.
This is why I love the football especially the NFL so much. You see all these entitled athletes in other sports but in the NFL you actually have to work or thinks like the above is a quick way to find your way working at a Publix instead of Sundays on a football feild. 

I think you should swing by Deamon's Calgary spot while in Toronto.
? I know Toronto and Calgary are two different places. I was just wondering since he lives up in Canada if he maybe had visited Tor before or know people up there who have and what they've said. I'm definitely taking a trip to the Hockey HoF and going to the Sky Dome. Need to check if the Jays have a game that week I'm there though. 

? I know Toronto and Calgary are two different places. I was just wondering since he lives up in Canada if he maybe had visited Tor before or know people up there who have and what they've said. I'm definitely taking a trip to the Hockey HoF and going to the Sky Dome. Need to check if the Jays have a game that week I'm there though. 
No doubt. People up there stick together. Deamon may be willing to cater your Jays tailgate. 

That's awesome. My co Worker who's son is the assistant under Corey Udlin hooked me up for feild passes last year. It was a blast and I got to sit in her box with her coaches families share. Speaking of games I just got my Christmas Day tickets. Took my cousins for face value as he was selling his (My Pop Pop's former seats) as well as friends. Said it was cheaper for me to take his as we kind of always had a family discount deal when it came to seats plus my Dad is a carpenter and helping with his apartment. Do you know which game you'll be trying to attend yet? 

Also didn't know you lived in Canada. I'm taking a trip to Toronto in Aug from 31st to Sept 6th. Any suggestions of sites or places to eat if you know would be great if you know the place. 
Going to go to either the Redskins Monday night game late October or the Bears game late November.  Just waiting on the Sixers schedule to come out so I can hit both games on the same trip.  Hoping the Skins Monday nighter lines up with an NBA game though, I feel like a night game at the Linc would be super fun.

Will msg you some Toronto suggestions as to not clog up the board.

No doubt. People up there stick together. Deamon may be willing to cater your Jays tailgate. 
Definitely know a bunch of people that live there and have been out a few times.  Never actually done the Hockey HoF.  I know I'm a bad Canadian but hockey ranks much lower on my list than NFL, NBA and MLB.  And I cheer for the Sixers/Phillies even though everyone in the whole country pretty much cheers for the Raptors/Jays.

Definitely know a bunch of people that live there and have been out a few times.  Never actually done the Hockey HoF.  I know I'm a bad Canadian but hockey ranks much lower on my list than NFL, NBA and MLB.  And I cheer for the Sixers/Phillies even though everyone in the whole country pretty much cheers for the Raptors/Jays.
So wait, you are originally from Canada but a Philadelphia fan across the board?

So wait, you are originally from Canada but a Philadelphia fan across the board?
Yep, i guess its a little strange. When I got into the NFL i started to cheer for the team that my 2nd cousin (mark rypien) played for, which at the time was the Eagles (even though it was a short stint as a backup) and never looked back from cheering for them. Also grew up playing basketball and AI was my favourite player so have always been a sixers fan.  Loved the city and (for the most part) the Philly fans i interacted with on boards and such, so naturally started cheering for the phillies and the flyers too.  All my friends say i should move there haha.  Quite excited for my first visit to the city this fall. 

The woods is a very cool restaurant in Toronto, though pricey.  From there, swing by the red ox inn in Edmonton.
Im going with my parents and My dad tends to be pretty cheap on things but who knows with this trip. He's already surprised me with the fact he was willing to pay for this and some of the things he wants to do. 

Going to go to either the Redskins Monday night game late October or the Bears game late November.  Just waiting on the Sixers schedule to come out so I can hit both games on the same trip.  Hoping the Skins Monday nighter lines up with an NBA game though, I feel like a night game at the Linc would be super fun.

Will msg you some Toronto suggestions as to not clog up the board.
I'd appreciate that. I'm going to start my research on things I want to maybe do and stuff that could be of interest in the next week or so. 

Open practice today after getting cancelled yesterday........any folks down there and have any insight? Be good to hear anything not fluff.......

Yesterday we had 39 Quinton Demps Days 

Today Cecil Martin 38 days till kickoff. Martin was an amazing story from Homeless as a child to Wisconsin for College. He also was a pretty good Fullback. Not Alstott world but he got the job done. 

Hey @Deamon thanks for the message and tips. Just wanted to let you know I got it. I'll message you with any other questions and once I know where I'm staying maybe see if you have any tips there. I really appreciate the tips and all again

The Good (so far)

• Sounds like Wentz is really looking good.  So are the wideouts
The Bad (so far)

• Our DBs are going to get smoked often.  Hopefully the front 4 can get pressure VERY quickly.  Wouldn't be surprised if the opposingoffense just goes two step drop with short passes to get the ball out quicker and negate what impact our DL would have.

The Good (so far)

• Sounds like Wentz is really looking good.  So are the wideouts
The Bad (so far)

• Our DBs are going to get smoked often.  Hopefully the front 4 can get pressure VERY quickly.  Wouldn't be surprised if the opposingoffense just goes two step drop with short passes to get the ball out quicker and negate what impact our DL would have.
Whats the status of Jones?  Haven't really heard much on his expected return date yet.

He might be OK in Dec or the playoffs but I am assuming the Eagles will shelve him for the season.
I think that's fine for this season.  Get Carson at least into the playoffs and get some experience.  Draft a CB high next season and sign Jeffery, but then we need to sure up the O Line as Peters and Kelce aren't getting any younger ...

I think that's fine for this season.  Get Carson at least into the playoffs and get some experience.  Draft a CB high next season and sign Jeffery, but then we need to sure up the O Line as Peters and Kelce aren't getting any younger ...
Really not sure how else they can improve the secondary minus a trade.  Mills/Robinson just have to be serviceable but so far it doesn't look all that great.  Maybe Douglas steps up but I think he is starting to hit the "rookie wall" when it comes to learning the game.  I still think he will develop into a nice corner it is just going to take some patience.

As far as the O-Line is concern, I'd be surprised if Peters is healthy all this season let alone comes back next season.  I hope that does happen.  I've heard a lot of good things about Dillon Gordon (they kept him over Barbre) and he has stood out in camp so far.  Might be a diamond in the rough.  I thought Seumalo would eventually switch over to C once Kelce's contract is up.

Really not sure how else they can improve the secondary minus a trade.  Mills/Robinson just have to be serviceable but so far it doesn't look all that great.  Maybe Douglas steps up but I think he is starting to hit the "rookie wall" when it comes to learning the game.  I still think he will develop into a nice corner it is just going to take some patience.

As far as the O-Line is concern, I'd be surprised if Peters is healthy all this season let alone comes back next season.  I hope that does happen.  I've heard a lot of good things about Dillon Gordon (they kept him over Barbre) and he has stood out in camp so far.  Might be a diamond in the rough.  I thought Seumalo would eventually switch over to C once Kelce's contract is up.
You're right though, our CB's are gonna get lit up.  That being said, we added a ton of offense too, so sounds like we might have an exciting year of shootouts.... especially with how talented our division is on offense. 

You're right though, our CB's are gonna get lit up.  That being said, we added a ton of offense too, so sounds like we might have an exciting year of shootouts.... especially with how talented our division is on offense. 

Oh don't get me wrong.  I believe this offense has so much potential and will live up to it.  I love Wentz, as a sneaky top 10 fantasy option.  I think Jeffery can be a top ten WR1 once again if his hammy issues stay away.

Remember our wrs are veteran guys vs alot of rookie and young cbs.  The CBS will get better.  I hope.... :unsure:

Yea Patrick Robinson is gonna get cut unless he becomes shut down in the preseason games. Ask Reuben Randle how easy it is to get cut.

Yea Patrick Robinson is gonna get cut unless he becomes shut down in the preseason games. Ask Reuben Randle how easy it is to get cut.
Fine with me.  Would rather know if any of the young guys are any good.  We already know Robinson is average at best

Whats the status of Jones?  Haven't really heard much on his expected return date yet.
Could see him go on the IR designated return list and then if he isn't ready by the designated NFL date they shelve him for the year. I didn't really like the original pick of Jones as I wasn't really big on him and other CBs who I liked went right after him. For our sake I hope Jones works out. 

We got 37 TOM WOODESHICK days till KO. Was on a lot of terrible teams and still ended up 9th in all time rushing. I don't know a lot about this guy other then that. 

so I have taken a month or 2 off of football after free agency and the draft. I got a fantasy football mag for fun reading, and was surprised we had like 3-4 guys go to the Cheifs. I wonder if that will be a trend with these 2 teams. And where are Chase Daniel and Conner Barwin, did they sign anywhere? I thought Daniel(s) wasn't as horrible as his pre-season led on and he would get a chance with one of these teams with dreadful QBs, but I don't think he signed anywhere. Is that a strategy holding out for camp injuries etc. so he can get to a place and have a chance to start?

so I have taken a month or 2 off of football after free agency and the draft. I got a fantasy football mag for fun reading, and was surprised we had like 3-4 guys go to the Cheifs. I wonder if that will be a trend with these 2 teams. And where are Chase Daniel and Conner Barwin, did they sign anywhere? I thought Daniel(s) wasn't as horrible as his pre-season led on and he would get a chance with one of these teams with dreadful QBs, but I don't think he signed anywhere. Is that a strategy holding out for camp injuries etc. so he can get to a place and have a chance to start?
Chase Daniel is in NO.

Barwin is with the Rams.

Users who are viewing this thread