What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (1 Viewer)

Gotta give it to Howie again. He got what we needed for an Asset that was expiring.  I'm sure he will work to get either the 2nd or 3rd (or both) back by next season.

Looks like Darby is under rookie contract for 2 more years and I believe JM was done after this year? Makes sense I think as it didn't sound like our CB situation looked good in camp. 

Starting to like this more as it settles a bit and the more I look at Darby.  Think he can fit Schwartz' system really well.  No need to rush Jones back now.  Our DBs might actually not be so bad this year.

Offense is gonna be fun this year.  A lot more traditional.  Some fast deep threats outside with Alshon and Smith.  I know we say it every year, but this is Ertz year!  I think he is the biggest beneficiary to this whole ordeal and Carson gonna look his way a ton.  Fast WRs, Good TE, hopefully a decent slot wr, and a plethora of backs that all do different things.  Giddy up.

Starting to like this more as it settles a bit and the more I look at Darby.  Think he can fit Schwartz' system really well.  No need to rush Jones back now.  Our DBs might actually not be so bad this year.

Offense is gonna be fun this year.  A lot more traditional.  Some fast deep threats outside with Alshon and Smith.  I know we say it every year, but this is Ertz year!  I think he is the biggest beneficiary to this whole ordeal and Carson gonna look his way a ton.  Fast WRs, Good TE, hopefully a decent slot wr, and a plethora of backs that all do different things.  Giddy up.
They did throw the ball 56 times yesterday

He did all last year with Sammy hurt all year and worse WR options.
Still think this hurts Mccoy a lot.  Offense will be stalled, they have a ton of slot receivers to throw short too, less TD opportunities, and heck they may even throw 9 or 10 in there against him now :P

Hrm...we have open Add/Drops until the season starts.  Would any of you grab Hollins/Agholor over J.J. Nelson?
I think JJ Nelson definitely has better upside.  Hollins/Agholor might have more realistic middles, though really I probably would not go for Hollins at all.  Though JJ Nelson is really going to be fighting for time, so I'm not sure I give Nelson much chance to peak anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think JJ Nelson definitely has better upside.  Hollins/Agholor might have more realistic middles, though really I probably would not go for Hollins at all.  Though JJ Nelson is really going to be fighting for time, so I'm not sure I give Nelson much chance to peak anyway.
Forgot Floyd was outta there, though he still has the Browns to contend with.  Nelson seems better as a flyer to me because of the greater upside.

Our 2018 picks are now 1,4,4,4,5,6,7 one of the 4's can be a 3 if Rowe plays >50% of his snaps. I think we can get an extra 7 for Barber too. 

Roseman: “Certainly didn’t think there was an opportunity to get a young, outside guy with two years left on his deal."

Roseman said Eagles want to build young DBs. Hard position for them to find. Jones, Douglas are 21. Darby, Mills are 23.

Roseman: “Certainly didn’t think there was an opportunity to get a young, outside guy with two years left on his deal."

Roseman said Eagles want to build young DBs. Hard position for them to find. Jones, Douglas are 21. Darby, Mills are 23.
Kind of like the Flyers stockpiling young dmen the last few years. It's a good way to build a good foundation, as long as Jones comes back 100%. Great trade IMO, liked Jordan but he was a good trade chip to get something we desperately needed today. 

This seems like a win/win for both teams.  A lot of Eagles tweeting some nice things over to J-Matthews.  Hope we are happy with him. If he can come in and go 65-70 catches for 800-900 yards and 6-8 TD's i'll be happy considering we rarely get that production from our wideouts.  He seems like a good fit for all these roll outs, slants and crosses with Rick Dennison's system he brought over.

Darby's a solid man corner but needs safety help. We never gave him that help. Left him on an island but was always near the ball.  Young, fast corner. Expendable since our new regime plays more zone.

This seems like a win/win for both teams.  A lot of Eagles tweeting some nice things over to J-Matthews.  Hope we are happy with him. If he can come in and go 65-70 catches for 800-900 yards and 6-8 TD's i'll be happy considering we rarely get that production from our wideouts.  He seems like a good fit for all these roll outs, slants and crosses with Rick Dennison's system he brought over.

Darby's a solid man corner but needs safety help. We never gave him that help. Left him on an island but was always near the ball.  Young, fast corner. Expendable since our new regime plays more zone.
he will definitely do that if healthy.  In kind of a weird spot because he is certainly a useful player, but it seems like his ceiling is probably limited and being the last year of his contract, they just wanted to get out in front of dealing with that.

Darby under control for 2 more years is definitely a plus.

Hope this goes better than the last time the Eagles traded for a promising young Buffalo defensive player.

This dude lol

Shady on Sammy Watkins and Jordan Matthews: "If you compare the two, it's obvious you can agree who is better."
What a great teammate. I'm a guy who thinks Mathews is overrated but for the most part, The Invisable Man is just as good a receiver as the perpetually injured Watkins. The Rams are nuts...

What a great teammate. I'm a guy who thinks Mathews is overrated but for the most part, The Invisable Man is just as good a receiver as the perpetually injured Watkins. The Rams are nuts...
I still can't figure out from that one line if he is suggesting that Sammy or Jordan is better? :P

This dude lol

Shady on Sammy Watkins and Jordan Matthews: "If you compare the two, it's obvious you can agree who is better."
Kind of glad Shady isn't on this team anymore. Dude seems like a complete Jack***. The whole incident in Philly last year really showed me how glad it was. 

Carson kind of bummed about them trading Matthews. This is probably the first time he's been hit hard with the business side of the NFL. Hopefully he can move past it.

I know wrong forum, but the sixers one is crickets haha.  Only game that's on while I'm there is the home opener vs the celtics.  Hopefully that will be a wild crowd and that tickets won't be too hard to find/expensive.  Sixers/Celtics home opener and Eagles/Skins MNF should make my first trip to Philly a memorable one.

Any nba and nfl ticket advice would be appreciated.

I know wrong forum, but the sixers one is crickets haha.  Only game that's on while I'm there is the home opener vs the celtics.  Hopefully that will be a wild crowd and that tickets won't be too hard to find/expensive.  Sixers/Celtics home opener and Eagles/Skins MNF should make my first trip to Philly a memorable one.

hmm, i think that Celtics game will be tricky to get. hard to say advice on getting tickets, they will be over-priced but i think that will be a great time

hmm, i think that Celtics game will be tricky to get. hard to say advice on getting tickets, they will be over-priced but i think that will be a great time
Ya, true, but its the only game on when I'm in town.  I think single game tix don't even go on sale for another month or so, so I'll just try my luck the second they go on sale I guess and hope for the best.

Ya, true, but its the only game on when I'm in town.  I think single game tix don't even go on sale for another month or so, so I'll just try my luck the second they go on sale I guess and hope for the best.
yeah, definitely worth it. i think all the seats are good so if you want to save some bucks not sitting lower level you won't lose out much

yeah, definitely worth it. i think all the seats are good so if you want to save some bucks not sitting lower level you won't lose out much
Oh ya?  Nice... that's good advice.  Wasn't sure how bad the nose bleeds were.  And I'm sure with the atmosphere in there, everywhere in there will be pretty fun on opening night.

good luck trying to get tickets at a cheap. When the Sixers went on their mini run last year I tried getting tickets to a game for a buddy from out of town to go to a game and they skyrocketed on social media. The bigger name teams like GS, Cle games were priced out ridiculous especially on social media. Last year end of the year I paid 30 to sit court side behind the Bulls bench 2 rows back (Not including VIP) off stub hub I was trying to get tickets for a Knicks game and the tickets for upper level were like 50. Boston I could see being 50 or so upper deck. I like lower level because do to my Aspergers I tend to for some reason basketball along with Hockey pay attention to action better when up more close. Up top I go into la la land. Tickets are gonna be tricky to get for that game unless you are going with others. If you are taking family they sell family packs. Not sure if they have individual games for that though but I know if you go with a big group they do. like Modogg said you aren't missing much sitting up top though compared to the bottom. However if I were you I would take the Lower level. I'm planning a trip to Chicago sometime next year like late winter early spring around end of the NBA season as my cousin's wife family is from there. Her step dad wants to take my Cousin and I to a bulls game that we offered to pay for and plan to sit lower level. Given that it's the Bulls even though they'll stink I'm fully expecting to pay a lot to sit court side. But then again neither one of us when do we ever have a chance to go Watch a game court side in the House MJ built? Well worth the money IMHO. However if I was just going to a normal Sixers game here I couldn't talk myself into a possible $70 ticket for curtsied not even if Cle or GS was playing against them. 

PS: Just checked Stubhub tickets for the opener are $157US for an upper level seat right now. Hopefully you have some luck on Single game tickets avenue. 

kind of Eagles related

Dallas Morning news wrote in their paper Zeke could be facing more league discipline. The two other incidents still being investigated. Exposing the Women's Breast on Mardi Gras as well as the bar incident. Additional games could be tacked on according to the report. I wonder how many Eagles fans were on the get Zeke bandwagon are off it now?

kind of Eagles related

Dallas Morning news wrote in their paper Zeke could be facing more league discipline. The two other incidents still being investigated. Exposing the Women's Breast on Mardi Gras as well as the bar incident. Additional games could be tacked on according to the report. I wonder how many Eagles fans were on the get Zeke bandwagon are off it now?
On the bandwagon?  To draft him?  Don't recall many talking that.

Anyway I'm excited he's gonna be gone for a bit.  Dallas becomes a less explosive offense.  Puts a ton of pressure on dak.  That suspension is gonna cost them some wins.  And that makes me happy

Call ticket master about 10 minutes before they go on sale, and talk to them about tickets for something else.  You'll  usually get right through and talk to an agent working directly with their system.  Then talk to them about tickets for some other event, preferably one you actually want to go to but it doesn't have to be.  Then when the clock turns you say oh by the way while I have you on the phone...

DJackson10 said:
kind of Eagles related

No, he's tied to the Cowboys throughout all of this. Wayyyyyyy better.

On the bandwagon?  To draft him?  Don't recall many talking that.

Anyway I'm excited he's gonna be gone for a bit.  Dallas becomes a less explosive offense.  Puts a ton of pressure on dak.  That suspension is gonna cost them some wins.  And that makes me happy
There were a ton on social media. Another board I went too a few as well. One guy is still on the Zeke bandwagon. Not sure how you could considering that guy can cost you wins. I'll take a knucklehead in Jackson or someone like that compared to a guy who has the potential to be out of the league with in the first few yrs he's in the league. Either way yeah I'm happy he's gone because like I've said I'm not a huge Prescott fan and I think we'll see just how good he is without a great consistent RB with him. Will make Dallas less explosive and could cost them some wins. Given the other guys impacted and all do to off the field issues. I think Dal could easily go to 3rd in the division. I don't think they did much to really upgrade their Defense especially at Secondary. I like Awuzie who they drafted but some see him more as a starting Nickel low starting 2 CB. 

Users who are viewing this thread