What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Things to do in San Diego? (1 Viewer)

hxperson

Footballguy
I'm going to San Diego for a week with my wife and less than 2 yr old.   Rented a place at Mission Beach.  Would really appreciate any recommendations from fellow FBG's on things to do and as well as cool/trendy/delicious places to eat.  

TIA!

Let's see.  There is:

Hiking (Torrey Pines)

Beaches (Coronado/Cardiff)

Sea Lions (La Jolla) 

Golfing

Good Food:  Italian, Seafood, Mexican 

Zoo/Safari

Bars

Hang Gliding (Glider Point Observe) 

Old Town

AirCraft Carrier to tour

and across from Martime Museum is a park with fountains that a 2 year old would love to play in  

Last edited by a moderator:
When are you coming?  It's not really beach weather now (60s). 

I live in the next beach community south (Ocean Beach) and have plenty of recommendations (Pizza Port - GREAT beer and decent pizza) if you make it to OB.  In MB, The Mission is an excellent breakfast/brunch spot though the lines can be long.  You can cruise the MB boardwalk and do food/shopping when you come to non-residential blocks.  

La Jolla is short drive and nice little town.  If you can swing it, try to have dinner at The Marine Room during high tide.  The waves literally crash into the windows as you are eating.  The decor is a little dated but it doesn't matter cause the view is awesome and the food is good.

We are a yearly X-Mas week visitor with a now 5-year old (wife's brother lives there).

The stroller friendly tourist activities are the zoo and Sea World (if that's your cup of tea).  For the Animal Park and Legoland, the kids need to be a little older.  

For "hikes"/walks La Jolla and Dana Point/Cabrillo are generally the best since they are paved for the stroller.  Unless you want to carry the 2-year old, I wouldn't do Torrey Pines.  

Coronado is the prettiest beach and we also like Del Mar.  While we stay in Cardiff, I wouldn't exactly say it's the nicest beach especially at high tide since the beach basically goes away.   

On food place we did "find" this time is Point Loma Seafood.  Good food, no hassle, kid-friendly and you get to sit outside and look at the bay.      

I would highly recommend you try Slaters 50/50 and/or Hodad's by Ocean Beach.

Tons of breweries and wineries, Bernardo Winery was awesome. 

San Diego zoo is great, you can easily spend an entire day there.

When are you coming?  It's not really beach weather now (60s). 

I live in the next beach community south (Ocean Beach) and have plenty of recommendations (Pizza Port - GREAT beer and decent pizza) if you make it to OB.  In MB, The Mission is an excellent breakfast/brunch spot though the lines can be long.  You can cruise the MB boardwalk and do food/shopping when you come to non-residential blocks.  
Coming in next week.   Yeah, understand its not the best time to be there but we just wanted to get away to a place that wasn't cold but was unfamiliar, affordable, and didn't have zika. I'm going to be renting a car so anything in the area will work for us, and will definitely try to make it to Ocean Beach.   Last time we stopped by San Diego (precisely 2 years ago) the weather was fine but we had no idea what to do, so we just walked around aimlessly in Gaslamp and Balboa Park.  I figured it would be wiser this time around to ask the good GB's of this board for help and you guys did not disappoint.

Thanks for all the recommendations everyone.   :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread