What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (9 Viewers)

Wow Me and Henry agree on something. News Flash:  President Trump likes sex!!  What he or anyone does in their bedrooms is their business. 
Th president (and public political offices) isn't just anyone though. You want to acquire one of these positions, you must have behaved and continue to behave in a different manner.

Another long forgotten thread in the data game was the server in Trump tower that was communicating with Russia’s Alfa Bank and Spectrum Health. Spectrum is led by Betsy Devos’ husband. While these connections may just be coincidences, I have a hard time believing that.

Some of Twitter theories out there believe that this will end up being very important. One theory is that Spectrum was providing private patient information and sending through the server and that information was used by the Trump campaign for their targeted marketing.

Another theory took it a step further saying that it was the method of how the Trump campaign and Russian hackers shared data.

Now with everything that we’ve learned CA and IRA, that fits right in with all of it. Russian hackers got into voter databases. CA stole and used information from Facebook. IRA targeted specific groups of people that most experts believed they couldn’t have done without help from people in the US.

I’m sure we will find out that it’s all connected. The stolen voter registration was given to CA. They used that information along with the Facebook information and the information from Spectrum to get a complete voter profile complete with addresses, phone number and a ton of personal information. CA used that information for their own targeted campaigns on social media and then passed it back to the IRA to be used in their targeted campaign.

I don’t agree with doxing and I don’t agree with releasing nude pictures.  But explanation of any crimes he committed are fair game. Including and especially election law crimes.  And infidelity is fair game.  
here's the thing for me: part of this is connected to the kompromat. if Trump had extramarital relations, didn't disclose those at any point, then that's between him, his family and voters. he's been willing to deny and/or hide these experiences to this point. if there was a record of these experiences - beyond Stormy - in a foreign country with something far worse - underage or something more deviant - and some foreign gov't, multinational company, criminal syndicate, cabal, whatever has that? well, he's going to have to make a choice: become an asset? something to facilitate their aims maybe? or risk your professional reputation, face total ruin, and legal repercussions? it can go from simple moneylaundering to something far more grand with the right network maybe? we know he's not the sharpest guy. we should not be so ready to accept that he's the mastermind here. Putin or the Rothschild  - depending on what you want to believe - could have a long game here like something out of the "Manchurian Candidate".

here's the thing for me: part of this is connected to the kompromat. if Trump had extramarital relations, didn't disclose those at any point, then that's between him, his family and voters. he's been willing to deny and/or hide these experiences to this point. if there was a record of these experiences - beyond Stormy - in a foreign country with something far worse - underage or something more deviant - and some foreign gov't, multinational company, criminal syndicate, cabal, whatever has that? well, he's going to have to make a choice: become an asset? something to facilitate their aims maybe? or risk your professional reputation, face total ruin, and legal repercussions? it can go from simple moneylaundering to something far more grand with the right network maybe? we know he's not the sharpest guy. we should not be so ready to accept that he's the mastermind here. Putin or the Rothschild  - depending on what you want to believe - could have a long game here like something out of the "Manchurian Candidate".
I don’t know anyone who thinks Trump is “the mastermind.”

Th president (and public political offices) isn't just anyone though. You want to acquire one of these positions, you must have behaved and continue to behave in a different manner.
Or be willing to simply admit to it and refuse to be blackmailed. Heck, have an open marriage. I don’t care what people admit to.  It’s the lying and covering up that compromises them. 

Or be willing to simply admit to it and refuse to be blackmailed. Heck, have an open marriage. I don’t care what people admit to.  It’s the lying and covering up that compromises them. 
The conservatives lost their mind and demanded a resignation over the ethical failure of **** pics. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The other interesting aspect of Cambridge Analytica - the acknowledged use of Ukrainian women to put people in compromising positions.

I am sure its a coincidence that Cambridge Analytica was formed in 2013, and that Trump was in Moscow in 2013 - allegedly with Russian (Ukrainian?) hookers peeing on a bed.

Odd timing, that.
Actually bringing women across borders for sex trade could be trafficking.

Trump lawyering down.

President Trump shook up his legal team Monday by hiring a combative former prosecutor who has publicly argued that Trump is the target of an elaborate FBI conspiracy — marking another confrontational move by the president against the rapidly mounting legal threats facing him and his administration.

Joe diGenova, a TV pundit and former U.S. attorney who was a longtime antagonist of Bill and Hillary Clinton, is the latest addition to the sprawling array of lawyers assembled to represent Trump on two main fronts: in the probe of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election and in the case of an adult film star who claims an adulterous affair.

The hiring caught many of his advisers by surprise, prompting fears that Trump is preparing for bigger changes to his legal team — including possible departures — as he goes on the offensive in the primary legal challenges facing him.

Trump is not consulting with top advisers, including Chief of Staff John F. Kelly and chief White House lawyer Donald McGahn, on his Russia legal choices or his comments about the probe, according to one person with knowledge of his actions, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe sensitive conversations. He is instead watching television and calling friends, this person said.

The president continues to complain that his lawyers are not protecting him and that Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein — who is supervising the probe — is up to mischief, said the person, who spoke to Trump in recent days.

The other interesting aspect of Cambridge Analytica - the acknowledged use of Ukrainian women to put people in compromising positions.

I am sure its a coincidence that Cambridge Analytica was formed in 2013, and that Trump was in Moscow in 2013 - allegedly with Russian (Ukrainian?) hookers peeing on a bed.

Odd timing, that.
Don’t forget about the “sex coach”, Anastasia Vashukevich, from Belarus sitting in a prison in Thailand with supposed evidence.

Speaking of Ukraine, Michael Cohen is getting a lot of play due to the Stormy Daniels story, but I’m not sure people realize that he appears to have all kinds of Eastern European connections.

I’m not saying that people can’t have perfectly legitimate relationships with people from Eastern Europe, but it looks like he is deeply connected to the community.

He’s married to Laura Schusterman, who is Ukrainian, and has been friends with Felix Sater (Russian) since his youth.  Link1 Link2

He worked with Sater on the Trump Tower Moscow Project Link3

An early business partner was Simon Garber, a Russian, with whom he co-owned a cab company Link4

And was partners in a gambling boat business with Ukrainians, Arkady Vaygensberg and Leonid Tatarchuk Link5

I would tend to believe that if there are Trump/Russia connections, that he, along with Manafort and others, could be implicated.

There is no good, moral reason for anyone to want anyone’s sex tape to be released to the public against his or her will.  I’d really prefer that didn’t happen. 
Agree.  I will say if something criminal is in the video then it should be turned over to authorities but never be released to public.

Apparently a majority of Americans now believes that the “Deep State” exists: 

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/379065-majority-in-new-poll-deep-state-manipulating-policy%3famp

We are in serious trouble here, folks. It appears that Trump and his allies have been successful in degrading public confidence in our institutions, paving the way for...who knows? But it’s bad. 
Don’t try and fool me buddy, I’ve seen Conspiracy Theory and Enemy of the State.   

Apparently a majority of Americans now believe that the “Deep State” exists: 

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/379065-majority-in-new-poll-deep-state-manipulating-policy%3famp

We are in serious trouble here, folks. It appears that Trump and his allies have been successful in degrading public confidence in our institutions, paving the way for...who knows? But it’s bad. 
The term Deep State refers to the possible existence of a group of unelected government and military officials who secretly manipulate or direct national policy. Do you think this type of Deep State in the federal government definitely exists, probably exists, probably does not exist, or definitely does not exist?

March

Definitely exists27%

Probably exists47%

Probably does not exist16%

Definitely does not exist5%

(VOL) Don’t know5%
Not sure how I would answer this.

Not sure how I would answer this.
I mean, there are unquestionably unelected governmental officials that direct government policy.  There are a ton of career bureaucrats in all branches of government.  We can't have a government that completely turns over every 4 years, that would be madness.

We have government agencies whos leadership gets churned every few years based on presidential appointments (or lack thereof), but the people who actually know how #### works - they aren't going anywhere.  And that's probably a good thing.

I don't understand how career bureaucrats became the bogeymen here.

Massive distrust of our public institutions, combined with increasing distrust of the news media, makes us extremely vulnerable to an end to our Republican system of government, replaced with some form of a dictatorship. Unlikely from Trump, even though he might want it; he’s far too incompetent and narcissistic to pull this off. But eventually there will emerge a much more competent charismatic populist. It could be from either party. 

Massive distrust of our public institutions, combined with increasing distrust of the news media, makes us extremely vulnerable to an end to our Republican system of government, replaced with some form of a dictatorship. Unlikely from Trump, even though he might want it; he’s far too incompetent and narcissistic to pull this off. But eventually there will emerge a much more competent charismatic populist. It could be from either party. 
Not disagreeing with all of this, but that survey doesn't really convince me of anything.

Do you think it's possible that McMasters and Mattis have had some private conversations about actions to take to minimize the damage of Trump's policy decisions? That would seem to qualify as Deep State under the question's definition. 
Yes I’m sure they have. But I don’t think it would qualify because it’s a what if situation, responding to specific events, and not some master scene to manipulate the government. 

Odd timing, that.
Just to echo this point, (here comes a statement with no evidence) but would it be shocking if CA obtained compromising information on elected US officials doing something like this?

Not disagreeing with all of this, but that survey doesn't really convince me of anything.
Yeah - I’ve always assumed this type of stuff exists and was just “the way things are done” by both sides.  Granted, Trump is the first one to attack it in this way and make it out to be partisan.  Ultimately it’s peobably a poorly worded poll to draw the conclusion Tim is.  Maybe if the answers were “it exists and is meant to help Democrats” or something similar then I’d be more worried.

Yes I’m sure they have. But I don’t think it would qualify because it’s a what if situation, responding to specific events, and not some master scene to manipulate the government. 
The term Deep State refers to the possible existence of a group of unelected government and military officials who secretly manipulate or direct national policy. Do you think this type of Deep State in the federal government definitely exists, probably exists, probably does not exist, or definitely does not exist?
I don't see your caveats anywhere in this definition.

Yeah - I’ve always assumed this type of stuff exists and was just “the way things are done” by both sides.  Granted, Trump is the first one to attack it in this way and make it out to be partisan.  Ultimately it’s peobably a poorly worded poll to draw the conclusion Tim is.  Maybe if the answers were “it exists and is meant to help Democrats” or something similar then I’d be more worried.
I get your point and I sure hope you guys are right. Perhaps a portion of the public is considering Fatguy’s example of Mattis. I hope so. 

All right perhaps I overreacted. Sure hope so. It just sounded to me like a whole lot of people have bought in to Trump’s deep state arguments. That would be profoundly disturbing. 

I get your point and I sure hope you guys are right. Perhaps a portion of the public is considering Fatguy’s example of Mattis. I hope so. 
From the same survey, this is the question before the question where they defined deep state:

Are you very familiar, somewhat familiar, or not familiar with the term Deep State as it applies to the federal government?

March

Very familiar13%

Somewhat familiar24%

Not familiar63%

(n)(803)
I don't think all of the affirmative responses to the other question were Hannity fanboys.  If all you know about "deep state" is the one sentence description given by the pollster, it's pretty easy to understand why the results came out as they did.

All right perhaps I overreacted. Sure hope so. It just sounded to me like a whole lot of people have bought in to Trump’s deep state arguments. That would be profoundly disturbing. 
I’m actually convinced of the opposite - most long-time Republicans who are smart see the guy is horrible and a liar.  They can’t wait for him to be out of office.  Look at it like this - you still rooted for UCLA football even while hoping Mora would get canned.  It’s a dumb analogy but I think mostly accurate for how most feel.  Then you have the moronic mouth breathers - I don’t really care what they think as I feel like their days are numbered.

I am. But apparently I’m in a minority, and a small one at that. 
Oh I’m sure it does. You really think the US runs like a 7th grade civics textbook?

This is not the same as a massive conspiracy to get trump or protect Hillary though. 

Users who are viewing this thread