• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SaintsInDome2006

• Henry Ford

• Sinn Fein

• packersfan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I actually don't.  And I've made my feelings on that clear for many, many months.  I don't believe there should be any requirement for investigators to like the people they're investigating.  I don't

The defense being put forth by Trump Levin Dershowitz and our own house Gary Johnson supporters is that a candidate can give unlimited funds to his own campaign.  Therefore Trump can pay off the women

My whole office is almost literally rolling on the floor laughing.  The managing partner of my firm just had to use an inhaler to breathe.

Just now, HellToupee said:

It depends on what team you root for

It shouldn't. Gowdy ranted and rambled for more than his time allotted. FBI was able to, finally, answer some of his ranting and made his ranting look foolish. Anyone that can back Gowdy or proclaim him the "victor" in that exchange... how? Gowdy, like always, has been shown to be a mouth breather with no backbone.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Gowdy exposing Strzok as the fraud he is.  Awesome

This is the thing that fascinates me most about politics.  2 well intentioned intelligent people standing next to each other walk outside and look at the sky.  Person 1 looks at the sky and proclaims it “blue”:  Person 2 looks up at the sky and proclaims it “triangle”. 

Edited by dkp993
  • Like 7
Just now, dkp993 said:

This is the thing that fascinates me most about politics.  2 well intentioned intelligent people standing next to each other walk out side and look at the sky.  1 person looks at the sky and proclaims it “blue”:  Person 2 looks up at the sky and proclaims it “triangle”. 

Perhaps consider the possibility that the person who proclaims it "triangle" is not actually intelligent or well-intentioned.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, TobiasFunke said:

Perhaps consider the possibility that the person who proclaims it "triangle" is not actually intelligent or well-intentioned.

As comforting as that thought would be I know it not to be true. Unfortunately I know intelligent well intentioned people who view things in ways I can’t fathom. 

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

true, I am sure I will be bombarded with lefties trolling me now

Trolling by rightfully wondering what version you watched that led you to believe that?  No really...what version did you watch.  Because I no way did Gowdy look good in that exchange.

This notion that "personal beliefs" are a bad thing when held by law enforcement is so incredibly absurd. Just so dumb. 

Hell, judges and juries have "personal beliefs" when they rule on death penalty cases. The presumption is that both can set aside those beliefs and evaluate the facts / law from a place of objectivity. 

• Like 9
Just now, packersfan said:

I’m no lawyer but Strzok looks to be a dream witness. Poised, confident, can’t be rattled and attacks with facts and common sense. 

He is well prepared. All lawyers love a well-prepared witness. 

• Like 2
Just now, JerseyToughGuys said:

This notion that "personal beliefs" are a bad thing when held by law enforcement is so incredibly absurd. Just so dumb. 

Hell, judges and juries have "personal beliefs" when they rule on death penalty cases. The presumption is that both can set aside those beliefs and evaluate the facts / law from a place of objectivity. 

The right is openly celebrating the beliefs of a SCOTUS nominee...

• Like 1
1 minute ago, packersfan said:

I’m no lawyer but Strzok looks to be a dream witness. Poised, confident, can’t be rattled and attacks with facts and common sense. 

Comey and McCabe came off the same way.

• Like 2
Just now, JerseyToughGuys said:

:goodposting:

In almost every case it's a tactic used exclusively by people who are guilty or otherwise in the wrong. Show something that overcomes the presumption or sit down. 

In this case it's fairly obvious that the GOP can't show anything that comes close to overcoming the presumption- that's why all the talk is about his personal beliefs. There has been no significant effort, here or elsewhere or in any of the other recent instances when they've tried to make this ridiculous claim about law enforcement, to actually show it affecting the work.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, JerseyToughGuys said:

Of course they are expected to, and can:

“President Trump has made a superb choice,” said Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell in a statement Monday. “Judge Brett Kavanaugh is an impressive nominee who is extremely well qualified to serve as an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States. … His judicial record demonstrates a firm understanding of the role of a judge in our Republic: Setting aside personal views and political preferences in order to interpret our laws as they are written.”

2 minutes ago, packersfan said:

Yup. I have plenty of issues with some decisions they made but hard to question their integrity 

Definitely have their faults...but they know their stuff.

• Like 1

The difference so far, from what I am hearing is:

People talk differently in private vs. public settings. At no time do we expect our private conversations to become public. Therefore, in order for someone to understand our private conversations, the need to understand much more than simple words. They need to understand the relationship between the private individuals, understand who those people are, and a multitude of other things.

It appears Republicans want to take words at their meaning without context, understanding, and/or relevance of the conversation.

This is not just in this case as Republicans have held this belief in texts such as, The Bible, The Constitution, and whatever else. This is such a wrong way to look at texts and/or read texts because the meanings of words change over time, context of words change over time, and interpretations of words change over time.

I find this way of thinking remarkable, disturbing, and counter productive to moving forward in any constructive manner.

• Like 1
Just now, Mario Kart said:

People talk differently in private vs. public settings. At no time do we expect our private conversations to become public. Therefore, in order for someone to understand our private conversations, the need to understand much more than simple words. They need to understand the relationship between the private individuals, understand who those people are, and a multitude of other things.

It appears Republicans want to take words at their meaning without context, understanding, and/or relevance of the conversation.

This is not just in this case as Republicans have held this belief in texts such as, The Bible, The Constitution, and whatever else. This is such a wrong way to look at texts and/or read texts because the meanings of words change over time, context of words change over time, and interpretations of words change over time.

I find this way of thinking remarkable, disturbing, and counter productive to moving forward in any constructive manner.

They also make an exception for things Trump says. They’ve made it clear we shouldn’t pay heed to things he’s said.

Gotta keep moving those goal posts.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Mario Kart said:

We shall see if this proves to be the case when the Russian investigation goes public. I suspect they may sing a different tune.

"Seems we have some time and if it's what you say I love it especially later in the summer."

Edited by JerseyToughGuys
  • Like 1