What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (14 Viewers)

I don't believe anything Strzok says
>>Donald Trump responded to the father of Muslim American soldier killed in the line of duty who criticized him for lack of sacrifice for country at the Democratic National Convention, telling ABC News "I've made a lot of sacrifices."

The Republican presidential nominee was responding directly to a moving speech given by Khizr Khan at the DNC, in which he looked directly into the camera to address Trump.

“You have sacrificed nothing and no one,” he said.

Khan’s son, Humayun, was killed by a car bomb in Iraq.

Khizr also asked Trump if he had ever read the Constitution or visited Arlington Cemetery.

In an interview with ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos, Trump rebuffed Khan’s remarks.

“I think I’ve made a lot of sacrifices. I work very, very hard,” he said. “I’ve created thousands and thousands of jobs.”

When asked if those should be considered sacrifices, Trump pointed to his business experience once again.

“I think when I can employ thousands and thousands of people, take care of their education, take care of so many things, even in military," he said.<<

- I find his reaction very believable.

Don’t Noonan: Strzok referenced when Trump slammed the immigrant family of a fallen war hero; he found it disgusting. So do I. What was your opinion? Were you OK with what Trump said about the Khans? 

Looks and sounds like a liar. Wouldn't call that truth.
Let’s discuss this seriously: you believe a lifelong FBI agent would *not be disgusted by a presidential nominee attacking the father of a fallen American soldier by claiming he had sacrificed just as much in his business life? Tackle that one.

>>Donald Trump responded to the father of Muslim American soldier killed in the line of duty who criticized him for lack of sacrifice for country at the Democratic National Convention, telling ABC News "I've made a lot of sacrifices."

The Republican presidential nominee was responding directly to a moving speech given by Khizr Khan at the DNC, in which he looked directly into the camera to address Trump.

“You have sacrificed nothing and no one,” he said.

Khan’s son, Humayun, was killed by a car bomb in Iraq.

Khizr also asked Trump if he had ever read the Constitution or visited Arlington Cemetery.

In an interview with ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos, Trump rebuffed Khan’s remarks.

“I think I’ve made a lot of sacrifices. I work very, very hard,” he said. “I’ve created thousands and thousands of jobs.”

When asked if those should be considered sacrifices, Trump pointed to his business experience once again.

“I think when I can employ thousands and thousands of people, take care of their education, take care of so many things, even in military," he said.<<

- I find his reaction very believable.
Yup. And it's fair to proceed further and say he personally disliked Trump. 

THEN you follow up by asking him what did he do to act on those beliefs and ensure Trump would lose the election?

This is the only point that matters in this clown show.

Let’s discuss this seriously: you believe a lifelong FBI agent would *not be disgusted by a presidential nominee attacking the father of a fallen American soldier by claiming he had sacrificed just as much in his business life? Tackle that one.
Maybe, maybe not. What I do know for sure is what he texted. Do you believe the FBI is incapable of lying?

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m glad Strzok reminded us all of what Trump said about the Khans because it was so outrageous and racist, and because he’s said so many terrible things since that it’s easy to forget. 

And it’s important because we need to confront the elephant in the room: Don’t Noonan (and his dad, who thinks that Trump is th greatest President we’ve ever had), and Weebs, and HellToupee, and the rest of the Trump supporters, and all of these Republican congressmen- you guys are all supporting a racist and a bigot. There’s no excuse for it. I don’t care about judges on the Supreme Court or your nationalist aims or how well you think the economy is doing. Screw all of that, there is no excuse for supporting this man. Shame on all of you. Seriously. 

Of course they are. And those scandals look nothing like this. 
It actually looks like one where the FBI was quoted on the eve of the election saying there was no connection between the Trump campaign and Russia.

Or Rudy Giuliani being told weeks in advance the Hillary investigation was going to be re-opened on the eve of the election.

So if you have personal biases against someone, you can't be part of an investigation involving that person?  Ok, got it.

I move to dismiss the entire house investigation because it's clear many republicans have biases against many of the people testifying.
Irony is not the Trump Party's strength. 

Weebs, I don’t find you to be a detail guy.  But he did a pretty good job of explaining some basic mechanics of the FBI and why it’s implausible that these rather mild personal beliefs could inject systemic corruption.  
Ham, I don't find you to be intelligent. But I don't think he did a good job with his lies.

I believe Strzok is making it up to pass as an excuse
Your personal views about Strzok cause you to be an unfair arbiter of his truthfulness. You should recuse yourself based on your obvious personal biases because no such person who has an opinion about another person can be expected to behave appropriately in situations dealing with said person.

Recuse yourself due to your deep seated personal bias.  

Don't make me go back and look for examples in your text messages.

I’m glad Strzok reminded us all of what Trump said about the Khans because it was so outrageous and racist, and because he’s said so many terrible things since that it’s easy to forget. 

And it’s important because we need to confront the elephant in the room: Don’t Noonan (and his dad, who thinks that Trump is th greatest President we’ve ever had), and Weebs, and HellToupee, and the rest of the Trump supporters, and all of these Republican congressmen- you guys are all supporting a racist and a bigot. There’s no excuse for it. I don’t care about judges on the Supreme Court or your nationalist aims or how well you think the economy is doing. Screw all of that, there is no excuse for supporting this man. Shame on all of you. Seriously. 
:lmao:  Tim - step off the ledge my friend.  Trump is not a racist.  Trump clearly has not made the sacrifices that those in the military have made and he answered poorly.  However, Trump was voted as our President not just by the 3 or 4 folks you singled out in your post, deal with it.  He is night and day better than Obama was.

It actually looks like one where the FBI was quoted on the eve of the election saying there was no connection between the Trump campaign and Russia.

Or Rudy Giuliani being told weeks in advance the Hillary investigation was going to be re-opened on the eve of the election.
Concrete acts are needed, like this, yes.

Find an example. The closest thing I can think that compares to this is Mark Furnan using the n-word in a screenplay being brought up in the Simpson trial. Furman had other problems but that alone didn’t make the Simpson investigation crooked.
A better analogy is the OJ jury, and many African-Americans at the time who insisted against all reason that OJ was innocent, and people like Don’t Noonan and Weebs who insist that Trump must be Innocent here. 

So we went from "Strzok is a criminal because he pled the fifth" (which he didn't actually do) to "Strzok is a criminal because I believe he is making it up" in about 30 minutes.
And his personal bias makes him incapable of making fair judgments, but my own personal biases allow me to see Strzok for who he truly is...a liar and an FBI deep state agent hell bent on preventing Trump from taking office, in coordination with his lover Lisa.

It's all so intellectually consistent. 

A better analogy is the OJ jury, and many African-Americans at the time who insisted against all reason that OJ was innocent, and people like Don’t Noonan and Weebs who insist that Trump must be Innocent here. 
True. And I’m guessing Manafort will try to introduce this crap into his trial and unlike Ito Elliot will tell him to get that crap outta here.

:lmao:  Tim - step off the ledge my friend.  Trump is not a racist.  Trump clearly has not made the sacrifices that those in the military have made and he answered poorly.  However, Trump was voted as our President not just by the 3 or 4 folks you singled out in your post, deal with it.  He is night and day better than Obama was.
Trump is absolutely a racist. How many examples do you need? 

And yes I get that 63 million people voted for Trump. Shame on them. And the ones like you who still support him- shame on you guys even more. You can tell yourself he’s not a racist or a bigot all you want, but you’re not stupid; you know the truth. And you’re supporting him anyhow. You’ll never live it down. 

Users who are viewing this thread