Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn

Goodlatte finds it stunning that the FBI's counsel has instructed the witness not to answer questions about a pending investigation.   Is he completely unfamiliar about how investigations work?

• Like 3
  • Replies 116.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SaintsInDome2006

• Henry Ford

• Sinn Fein

• packersfan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I actually don't.  And I've made my feelings on that clear for many, many months.  I don't believe there should be any requirement for investigators to like the people they're investigating.  I don't

The defense being put forth by Trump Levin Dershowitz and our own house Gary Johnson supporters is that a candidate can give unlimited funds to his own campaign.  Therefore Trump can pay off the women

My whole office is almost literally rolling on the floor laughing.  The managing partner of my firm just had to use an inhaler to breathe.

Don't Noonan said:

So if a terrorist tries to blow up Times Square but the bomb malfunctions and doesn't go off, why press charges he didn't hurt anyone?

Oh. Like when the Hammonds set fire to federal property that could have killed the firefighters who put it out?

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Whoah, whoah - sounds like you've really pre-judged this terrorist.  He hasn't been convicted of anything yet.  Why so biased against him?

Terrorist seems like a pretty biased term.

1 minute ago, Mookie said:

So by the logic I'm reading, House members with a bias towards Strzok should be removed from the house investigation?  It sure would make this hearing go by a lot faster.

You.  I like you. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

So if a terrorist tries to blow up Times Square but the bomb malfunctions and doesn't go off, why press charges he didn't hurt anyone?

So you're equating having personal political views with attempted acts of terrorism.

Got it.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, -fish- said:

Goodlatte finds it stunning that the FBI's counsel has instructed the witness not to answer questions about a pending investigation.   Is he completely unfamiliar about how investigations work?

As he bemoans releasing the prior transcripts because their investigation is ongoing.

Embarrasing

Edited by JerseyToughGuys
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Joe Summer said:

Oh. Like when the Hammonds set fire to federal property that could have killed the firefighters who put it out?

Nunes? 

2 minutes ago, randall146 said:

Good point. You prosecute the terrorist because there’s evidence he tried to commit a crime. 

There’s no evidence that Strzok did. 

And if there is, prosecute him as far as I'm concerned.  

4 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Everything is fine, so long as the investigation is conducted by his fellow terrorists.  Everyone else would be biased against him and that looks bad.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

you're kidding, right?   Why to attorneys screen jurors for people with bias?  Having FBI agents on team Mueller is just a nothingburger huh?  wow

Do you understand the difference between jurors and investigators and lawyers?

• Like 1
Just now, adonis said:

So you're equating having personal political views with attempted acts of terrorism.

Got it.

I think he's saying Don, Jr. should be prosecuted for the Trump Tower meeting.

26 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

thanks forum police

Don’t  whine when you get a timeout for doing what the mods have asked people not to do.

Edited by sho nuff
1 minute ago, Henry Ford said:
2 minutes ago, adonis said:

Got it.

I think he's saying Don, Jr. should be prosecuted for the Trump Tower meeting.

Trump's personal bias about his views on Putin should disqualify him from being President.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, adonis said:

The house is on fire, and the republicans are out on the lawn haranguing the mailman for being 4 minutes late, despite him being 5 minutes early.

So it turns out, 2 hours into the investigation, that it's not actually the mailman - just a schoolgirl riding by on her bike wearing a backpack.  The Republicans are still on the case though.  The house is still on fire...but this is important.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Sabertooth said:

I am a life long Green Bay Packers fan.  This did not impact my ability to obtain a Bear's fan as a wife and stay married to her for 18 years and counting.  

Well...they are easier to trick...clearly they have poor judgement.

yes...it’s a joke making fun of Bears fans

• Like 1
Just now, snitwitch said:

really makes you wonder how many additional GOP members are on the kremlin payroll in some fashion

I've had a hard time trying to figure out how many have been active traitors for awhile vs how many are traitors after the fact vs how many are just stupid.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Hilts said:

I had to stop watching. Can we get some occasional quotes and/or recaps?

The lovechild of Sloth and Opie is the chair and it's going about as well as you would expect.

• Like 2

Don't Noonan said:

timeout for what? I am doing nothing wrong.

You are manipulating the quotes of other posters, and you're calling people idiots. Both of these things have been outlawed by the moderators here.

But don't worry, I doubt you will see any punishment for these transgressions because the moderators want to create an illusion of equal justice. So you and some random guy who said "Trumpite" will both be told "Please don't" and the mods will say "See? We punish both sides!"

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, snitwitch said:

really makes you wonder how many additional GOP members are on the kremlin payroll in some fashion

I think you can sufficiently explain their actions without requiring them to be beholden to the Kremlin.  They simply place party over country, and are doing everything they can to show their party loyalty without regard to anything else.  It's all a game to show how loyal you are to the party and the president.

That's right Democrats, keep repeating that line:

19 indictments. 5 guilty pleas. So far.

There sure are a lot of people pleading guilty to something that the Democrats made up!

Just keep repeating it. Over and over.

29 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

speed it up so we can get on the same page, Strzok is clearly biased and him lying that it didn't affect his work is comical.

*citation needed

• Like 1
Just now, packersfan said:

SURPRISING PLOT TWIST: Obama was a Russian asset.

JFC these people. :lmao:

And he lead the commentary by saying, essentially, "You may be surprised to learn that I accept the findings of our intelligence community"...

1 hour ago, Bucky86 said:

I was thinking the same thing. I'm waiting for one of these witnesses to just say EFF IT, and divulge some crazy top secret piece of evidence that leaves them all stunned. :lol: 

I think they're professionals and they understand the potential implications of those actions and so they act accordingly.

24 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

This is a very poor analogy.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, adonis said:

And he lead the commentary by saying, essentially, "You may be surprised to learn that I accept the findings of our intelligence community"...

Well yeah I am surprised by that based on what he ended up saying.