Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn

Just now, packersfan said:
3 minutes ago, adonis said:

And he lead the commentary by saying, essentially, "You may be surprised to learn that I accept the findings of our intelligence community"...

Well yeah I am surprised by that based on what he ended up saying. 

"You may be surprised to learn that I accept that the earth is round, .."

• Replies 116.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SaintsInDome2006

• Henry Ford

• Sinn Fein

• packersfan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I actually don't.  And I've made my feelings on that clear for many, many months.  I don't believe there should be any requirement for investigators to like the people they're investigating.  I don't

The defense being put forth by Trump Levin Dershowitz and our own house Gary Johnson supporters is that a candidate can give unlimited funds to his own campaign.  Therefore Trump can pay off the women

My whole office is almost literally rolling on the floor laughing.  The managing partner of my firm just had to use an inhaler to breathe.

For the life of me I can't understand how this very simple statement from Strozak doesn't put an end to all of this nonsense:

In the summer of 2016, I was one of a handful of people who knew the details of Russian election interference and its possible connections with members of the Trump campaign. This information had the potential to derail, and quite possibly, defeat Mr. Trump. But the thought of exposing that information never crossed my mind.

In all this time I've never heard a single GOP politician, conservative pundit or poster on this board or anywhere else address this simple and unassailable fact and how utterly preposterous it makes their entire premise regarding DOJ bias.

If anyone would like to take a shot at explaining this away, have at it.  I'll donate $25 to your favorite charity if you can give me anything approaching a reasonable explanation as to why someone inclined to use his position at DOJ to take down Donald Trump would not have simply leaked this information to the press in the summer of 2016.

• Like 11
2 hours ago, Don't Noonan said:

It was wrong for Trump to infer the mother was told not to speak, not despicable.  It was also wrong for Mr. Khan to say Trump has never made a sacrifice.

Examples of a Trump's sacrifice for the US that comes remote close to the sactrifice of the Khan's, please.

Just the biggest one. It should be easy to find.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TobiasFunke said:

For the life of me I can't understand how this very simple statement from Strozak doesn't put an end to all of this nonsense:

In all this time I've never heard a single GOP politician, conservative pundit or poster on this board or anywhere else address this simple and unassailable fact and how utterly preposterous it makes their entire premise regarding DOJ bias.

If anyone would like to take a shot at explaining this away, have at it.  I'll donate $25 to your favorite charity if you can give me anything approaching a reasonable explanation as to why someone inclined to use his position at DOJ to take down Donald Trump would not have simply leaked this information to the press in the summer of 2016.

He didn't think Hillary was going to lose!@~!@!@~

12 minutes ago, Joe Summer said:

You are manipulating the quotes of other posters, and you're calling people idiots. Both of these things have been outlawed by the moderators here.

But don't worry, I doubt you will see any punishment for these transgressions because the moderators want to create an illusion of equal justice. So you and some random guy who said "Trumpite" will both be told "Please don't" and the mods will say "See? We punish both sides!"

I am not calling anyone here an idiot.  My quotes have been manipulated many times, including multiple times today.

I think I wanna marry Hakeem Jeffries. :wub:

Dropping bombs all over the place on the Trump Party, saying they're making Strzok a villain when so many real ones like Putin, Kim, Roy Moore and other "degenerates" are celebrated by the party.

:lmao: Ace Ventura reference.  

• Like 5
Just now, JerseyToughGuys said:

He didn't think Hillary was going to lose!@~!@!@~

:lmao:

Even if that were true, leaking is essentially risk-free. DC investigative journalists know what they're doing and would never burn a source or leave a trail.  Basically zero downside.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, msommer said:

Examples of a Trump's sacrifice for the US that comes remote close to the sactrifice of the Khan's, please.

Just the biggest one. It should be easy to find.

Sure.  Trump is a billionare with a super model wife living the high life.  He now is hated by half the country because he felt it was more important to make America great again.  Huge sacrifice.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Don't Noonan said:

Sure.  Trump is a billionare with a super model wife living the high life.  He now is hated by half the country because he felt it was more important to make America great again.  Huge sacrifice.

Ummm, weren't those comments before he "sacrificed" and became POTUS?

A man who has never spent a single moment in an act that wasn't self-serving, suddenly, late late in life, becomes selfless.  

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Oh goodness. Really?

3 layers of messed up here.

1. The comp was a man who lost his son to defending America in war. That's sacrifice.

2. Trump followers talk about 'hate' all the time; I'm really amazed at the need for believing there is hate to drive this Trump thing.

3. And Trump is making money off this scam.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Oh goodness. Really?

3 layers of messed up here.

1. The comp was a man who lost his son to defending America in war. That's sacrifice.

2. Trump followers talk about 'hate' all the time; I'm really amazed at the need for believing there is hate to drive this Trump thing.

3. And Trump is making money off this scam.

I was answering a direct question asking for a sacrifice Trump has made.  He had it great, sacrificed a lot to take the job.

27 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

timeout for what?  I am doing nothing wrong.  Not sure what you are talking about.

You are altering people’s quotes and presenting things they didn’t actually say. The mods have warned against this multiple times to people from “both sides”

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, JerseyToughGuys said:

Now I see why Benghazi went nowhere. Trey Gowdy is surprisingly ineffective. He desperately wants a red meat soundbite, and just keeps flubbing it.

Keep in mind that in Beghazi 1 Gowdy came away with the 'what difference does it make' sound bite with the tired, annoyed Hillary glaring at him. They just want 30 seconds out of this 8-12 hours or whatever this goes that they can run in commercials, for fundraising and on Fox.

• Like 7
3 hours ago, Don't Noonan said:

For those who have been only watching MSNBC and CNN they are finally hearing about the incredible bias against Trump in the FBI, including members of Mueller's team.  Seems like a big deal to me, unless, of course, your hatred for Trump and blind partisanship is more important than upholding core American values and fairness.

If you throw out a few other absurd, insulting adjectives, I'm sure people will believe you this time.

6 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Half the country hated him before he ran for president.  Honestly if they didn't he probably wouldn't have gotten the nomination- a large part of his appeal seems to be based in the fact that electing him and supporting him makes liberals mad, as pretty much every Trump supporter on the board has said at one time or another. Also he's openly profiting off the presidency and will continue to do so long after he leaves office. And he and his wife clearly don't like each other.  Other than that, great post.

• Like 1

Don't Noonan said:

Sure. Trump is a billionare with a super model wife living the high life.

There was a time when churches and conservatives weren't impressed by such matters.

Of course, there was also a time when churches and conservatives revered Gold Star families.

Edited by Joe Summer
5 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

I was answering a direct question asking for a sacrifice Trump has made.  He had it great, sacrificed a lot to take the job.

16 minutes ago, msommer said:

It's pretty horrible to even put these things even close. And really I guess what often disturbs me the most about Trump (everyone has their thing) is how he gets generally patriotic, conservative thinking people to do things like compare a billionaire 'giving up' his penthouse to make money off the US government in the White House to a middle class family losing their son in combat. This is corrupting stuff. (sorry).

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

he took a job where he becomes the most powerful man in the world, will have a lifelong pension (not that he cares) and secret security, secured a place in American history in perpetuity, and when all is said and done, will walk away a far richer man than he was before? 

That's quite the sacrifice.  Where do I sign up to give up sooo much?

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

So. We agree that at the time of mr Khan's statement Trump had actually sacrificed exactly nothing.

Thus logically mr. Khan's statement was correct.

Why do you critizise correct statements?

• Like 2

Several repeated references by both sides and Strzok about being under oath and telling the truth. With the contentious “discussions” waiting for “you can’t handle the truth!”

Edited by Phil Elliott
3 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

It's pretty horrible to even put these things even close. And really I guess what often disturbs me the most about Trump (everyone has their thing) is how he gets generally patriotic, conservative thinking people to do things like compare a billionaire 'giving up' his penthouse to make money off the US government in the White House to a middle class family losing their son in combat. This is corrupting stuff. (sorry).

I already addressed that nothing can be compared to serving in the military.  Please don't assume I am comparing the two as equal.  I was just pointing out the huge sacrifice Trump made as President.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, moleculo said:

he took a job where he becomes the most powerful man in the world, will have a lifelong pension (not that he cares) and secret security, secured a place in American history in perpetuity, and when all is said and done, will walk away a far richer man than he was before? 

i actually think he didn't want or expect to win and that he has sacrificed a ton, namely his ability to continue his criminal activities and corruption absent the media and law enforcement spotlights that currently envelop him. 

i keep thinking back to that shot of him looking shocked and scared when it was announced he won (or was it during inauguration? ) and he realized what was ultimately going to rain down on him. 

6 minutes ago, moleculo said:

Nobody wanted to assasinate him before he was President.  

I already addressed that nothing can be compared to serving in the military.  Please don't assume I am comparing the two as equal.  I was just pointing out the huge sacrifice Trump made as President.

So you confirm that DJTs analogy was also horrible ?in many ways

• Like 1

Thanks for doing that.  As the leading supporter of the FBI/DOJ bias theory on this board, can I possibly trouble you to also reply to my post here?  TIA.

1 minute ago, Weebs210 said:

GOWDY: "Do you remember how long it took for you to start talking about impeachment (of Trump) after Bob Mueller was appointed?"

STRZOK: "I don't, sir."

GOWDY: "One day."

Wow. 

Check this thread, I guarantee you the whole country was talking about it. Still are.

- Which by the way: Trump isn't doing what Strzok is doing, now is he. He won't take a single question.

• Like 2

Weebs210 said:

GOWDY: "Do you remember how long it took for you to start talking about impeachment (of Trump) after Bob Mueller was appointed?"

Wow.

That's a good point. It's kind of surprising that it took Strzok that long.

• Like 7
6 minutes ago, Weebs210 said:

Wow. 

And so?   How is that even remotely a wow moment. 

Do Trump supporters really, and I do mean really, believe that people investigating things don’t have thoughts or opinions on it?   How many times does it need to be stated that the IG found absolutely nothing in the way of biased actions in the investigation.  

Edited by dkp993
  • Like 3
Just now, Don't Noonan said:

Nobody wanted to assasinate him before he was President.  

That's what you focus on?  good grief, man.  You are claiming Trump going from one silver spoon to another silver spoon is a sacrifice akin to a middle class family losing a son in war.  Step away from the edge - find some sanity.  It's gotta be in there somewhere.

• Like 8