What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (8 Viewers)

Well I can think of a few things Flynn has been mentioned in, besides the election, transition and the sanctions and obstructions issues: 

- Turkey, Gulen

- Seychelles meeting

- Arab-Russian nuke deal.

- pro-Russia Ukraine peace proposal, Akhmetov
Specifically, wasn't it a Saudi-Russia nuclear power deal? Not Arabs as that would also encompass most of the rest of the Middle East and not nuke as in nuclear weapon

I do have a vague idea of the difference, but hadn't really gathered that this case was civil rather than criminal.  Why would there be no civil recourse here, where there almost certainly would be against plebeians such as myself?  Doesn't the law have a mechanism for seeking damages when people violate constitutional rights, throw you in a cell, beat you etc., without a valid pretense for doing so?  Asking honestly, I don't know and appreciate the pro tips.  
Did Mueller beat them up?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll take whatever you want to wager up to $1000. Unless he is a cooperating witness.

He's very likely a cooperating witness in Mueller's investigation since its already been public knowledge he can corroborate some of Comey's testimony.

That's a pretty big out on the wager.
I shoulda confirmed this bet. Has McCabe even been called as a witness in anything?

These conspiracy people just move onto the next "theory" ignoring all the times they are wrong.

“Process crime” is new Fox/Breitbart term for perjury or obstruction of justice.
This is where the creep has led...at first it was a hoax and Russia didn’t assist and the campaign had no contacts. Then ithey had contacts but nothing happened. Then they all lied and got arrested but they are process crimes....they’re getting backed right in the corner for the big reveal   

This is where the creep has led...at first it was a hoax and Russia didn’t assist and the campaign had no contacts. Then ithey had contacts but nothing happened. Then they all lied and got arrested but they are process crimes....they’re getting backed right in the corner for the big reveal   
So does Fox News have a crisis team that gathers when their past 'stories' have all turned out to be proven false and determine which new line of BS they're going to feed their more-than-willing viewers to try to keep them in line?  I would love to see the creative process behind hilarity like 'process crimes'.

I do have a vague idea of the difference, but hadn't really gathered that this case was civil rather than criminal.  Why would there be no civil recourse here, where there almost certainly would be against plebeians such as myself?  Doesn't the law have a mechanism for seeking damages when people violate constitutional rights, throw you in a cell, beat you etc., without a valid pretense for doing so?  Asking honestly, I don't know and appreciate the pro tips.  
You’re going to have to clearly and narrowly state what Robert Mueller personally did that was wrong in order to sue him.  And whatever that is has to have a corresponding law allowing you to sue him. 

The operative mindset when suing a governmental entity or employee isn’t “why can’t I sue them?” But rather “why can I sue them?”  The right to sue the government goes only as far as the government lets it. 

So does Fox News have a crisis team that gathers when their past 'stories' have all turned out to be proven false and determine which new line of BS they're going to feed their more-than-willing viewers to try to keep them in line?  I would love to see the creative process behind hilarity like 'process crimes'.
I think they are like Trump...forget all about the past, what was said and if it made any sense, and spin in the current moment. They are holding on for as long as they can. 

Specifically, wasn't it a Saudi-Russia nuclear power deal? Not Arabs as that would also encompass most of the rest of the Middle East and not nuke as in nuclear weapon
You may be right, yes it was Saudi Arabia but I thought there was a grander plan to contract elsewhere in the Arab world as well.

This is the sentence from the Flynn Memo that should worry Trump and Kushner the most:

"However, senior government leaders should be held to the highest standards."

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
This is the sentence from the Flynn Memo that should worry Trump and Kushner the most:

"However, senior government leaders should be held to the highest standards."
I can't help but think back to conversations around this place regarding holding our representatives to a standard.  We have some who think the higher you go, the more leeway they should get.  They believe they shouldn't be bogged down in the "details" of the job.  I personally think that is exactly backwards.  This comment gave me pause not because of what it says, rather who said it.  I feel validated and concerned all at the same time :lol:  

>>Giuliani has actually made this mistake before. He failed to put a space between "collusion" and "So" in this tweet, so someone bought "collusion.so" and redirected it to Lawfare under the topic "The Russian Connection" (Lawfare itself didn't do this). There, you can find many, many articles about Mueller's Russia investigation and the Trump-related discoveries thereof.

While he now works as a legal advisor to the White House, Trump originally brought Giuliani in as a cybersecurity advisor. He ran a security consulting firm for 16 years, but as many a Twitter jokester noted, clearly wasn't the cyber brains of the operation. One noted that while websites can be technical, "Rudy doesn't even know how spacebars work."<<

Rudy blaming twitter for his spectacular typo fail.

The executives and producers at Fox News have meetings every single day to determine which Republican talking points they will be emphasizing that day. This brain trust will choose specific catch phrases ("process crimes!") and instruct every Fox show to repeat the same phrases multiple times, ensuring that the viewers get a consistent message that is easy to remember.

Once a catch phrase has been thoroughly debunked, the brain trust will come up with a new phrase. But as we just saw with Doocy and Kilmeade, some incantations ("No collusion!") are harder to forget.

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1 4m4 minutes ago

Interesting: The Flynn filing doesn't mention Jared Kushner, despite Flynn and Kushner's interactions with Kislyak.

"If Flynn offered federal authorities a different version of events than Kushner ... [Kushner] may have to start scrambling."

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2018-12-05/mueller-s-flynn-memo-should-worry-kushner-and-trump
Everyone seems to assume that the blacked out parts are about the other two investigations. I’d say it’s just as likely that it’s about Jared, Donald, Don Jr and Mike. I think what’s behind the redaction could change several narratives - did Trump direct him go contact anyone, how much of a part did Jared play and what happened in his actual conversation with Pence.

What?!  No, that you can drink vodka and it's hard for other people to smell it, duh.
That too...just funny how it talked about a little advertising and how it worked...I mean Americans surely wouldn’t fall for Russian advertising on social media these days.

Users who are viewing this thread