What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (5 Viewers)

"Paul, the best I can do is make sure you end up in state prison instead of federal prison" is not likely to be a welcome phone call.
This may be best asked to the historians here - but when was the last time someone who was issued a Presidential Pardon was later tried and convicted for state crimes arising out of the same conduct?

Has it ever happened?

Seems unlikely to happen here either.

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1

Trump and the NRA used the same consultants to spearhead TV ad blitzes during the '16 election, possibly in violation of federal law, MoJo reports. "This is very strong evidence, if not proof, of illegal coordination," said an ex-FEC general counsel.

Trump and the NRA used the same consultants to spearhead TV ad blitzes during the '16 election, possibly in violation of federal law, MoJo reports. "This is very strong evidence, if not proof, of illegal coordination," said an ex-FEC general counsel.
I'm losing track of the federal laws this guy has broken. What are we up to now? 30?  35?   Yes folks, he's STILL our President.

I'm losing track of the federal laws this guy has broken. What are we up to now? 30?  35?   Yes folks, he's STILL our President.
Right, so what. They break all kinds of federal laws. Big deal.

Remind me again - who provided a lot of money to the NRA in 2016?

Irrationally undermining confidence in news media helps aspiring fascists. To the extent Greeenwald is doing that he's helping them. 

The news media is gonna make mistakes sometimes. That's always been the case and it always will be.  I actually think the system worked well here- a bit of skepticism was warranted, and that skepticism spread quickly and ultimately forced the Guardian into editorial changes to the story.

As for the establishment press pushing phony narratives and getting facts wrong "almost always in the same direction," I would say that I strongly disagree.
The ones undermining confidence in the media, are the media themselves, not those calling them out for it.

peoeple aren’t mistrusting the media because somebody told them to mistrust the media. People are weighing the messages delivered by the media against reality and making up their own minds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, if Flynn did all that, he shroud do time behind bars. I don't care if he flipped and takes down DJT.  He acted poorly on many occasions, only trying to enrich himself at the cost of doing damage to the country and her allies.

If you can do time for smoking a joint, then this guy can do time for being his efforts to undermine this country.

Trump panic level at 11...what’s he so nervous about??  It’s a witch hunt right? So there should be nothing to see. 

Trump is going to sprain a ligament - someone definitely peed in his corn flakes this morning:

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 58m58 minutes ago

More

Robert Mueller and Leakin’ Lyin’ James Comey are Best Friends, just one of many Mueller Conflicts of Interest. And bye the way, wasn’t the woman in charge of prosecuting Jerome Corsi (who I do not know) in charge of “legal” at the corrupt Clinton Foundation? A total Witch Hunt...

....Will Robert Mueller’s big time conflicts of interest be listed at the top of his Republicans only Report. Will Andrew Weissman’s horrible and vicious prosecutorial past be listed in the Report. He wrongly destroyed people’s lives, took down great companies, only to be........

.....overturned, 9-0, in the United States Supreme Court. Doing same thing to people now. Will all of the substantial & many contributions made by the 17 Angry Democrats to the Campaign of Crooked Hillary be listed in top of Report. Will the people that worked for the Clinton....

....Foundation be listed at the top of the Report? Will the scathing document written about Lyin’ James Comey, by the man in charge of the case, Rod Rosenstein (who also signed the FISA Warrant), be a big part of the Report? Isn’t Rod therefore totally conflicted? Will all of....

...the lying and leaking by the people doing the Report, & also Bruce Ohr (and his lovely wife Molly), Comey, Brennan, Clapper, & all of the many fired people of the FBI, be listed in the Report? Will the corruption within the DNC & Clinton Campaign be exposed?..And so much more!

Russia + NRA + Trump

mike spies‏Verified account @mikespiesnyc

FollowFollow @mikespiesnyc

More

Please read my latest investigation, published in partnership with Mother Jones: Documents Point to Illegal Campaign Coordination Between Trump and NRA: https://www.thetrace.org/2018/12/trump-nra-campaign-coordination/ … via @teamtrace

https://www.thetrace.org/2018/12/trump-nra-campaign-coordination/
Why..., I'm just shocked!  Who could have seen that coming?

Trump is going to sprain a ligament - someone definitely peed in his corn flakes this morning:

More

Robert Mueller and Leakin’ Lyin’ James Comey are Best Friends, just one of many Mueller Conflicts of Interest. And bye the way, wasn’t the woman in charge of prosecuting Jerome Corsi (who I do not know) in charge of “legal” at the corrupt Clinton Foundation? A total Witch Hunt...

....Will Robert Mueller’s big time conflicts of interest be listed at the top of his Republicans only Report. Will Andrew Weissman’s horrible and vicious prosecutorial past be listed in the Report. He wrongly destroyed people’s lives, took down great companies, only to be........

.....overturned, 9-0, in the United States Supreme Court. Doing same thing to people now. Will all of the substantial & many contributions made by the 17 Angry Democrats to the Campaign of Crooked Hillary be listed in top of Report. Will the people that worked for the Clinton....

....Foundation be listed at the top of the Report? Will the scathing document written about Lyin’ James Comey, by the man in charge of the case, Rod Rosenstein (who also signed the FISA Warrant), be a big part of the Report? Isn’t Rod therefore totally conflicted? Will all of....

...the lying and leaking by the people doing the Report, & also Bruce Ohr (and his lovely wife Molly), Comey, Brennan, Clapper, & all of the many fired people of the FBI, be listed in the Report? Will the corruption within the DNC & Clinton Campaign be exposed?..And so much more!
I wonder what's coming?  :grad:

Sentencing reports on Cohen and Manafort, followed by unsealing of outstanding indictments, and the final report on Unindicted President #1?  Not sure it makes sense to do them all at once, but the order seems right and it certainly seems like Trump's tipping us off to the release of the final report.

Brian Stelter‏Verified account @brianstelter 22m22 minutes ago

Just in: WH chief of staff John Kelly "is expected to resign in the coming days," @kaitlancollins reports, citing two sources. Trump and Kelly "have stopped speaking in recent days." And "Trump is actively discussing a replacement plan."
Huh.  If you were someone who'd only stayed in the job to try and help your country, when would you resign?

Huh.  If you were someone who'd only stayed in the job to try and help your country, when would you resign?
You wouldn’t resign (he should have been documenting everything though to protect himself), but I’d posit he wasn’t there just to help the country.

Natasha Bertrand‏Verified account @NatashaBertrand 12h12 hours ago

More

Andrew McCabe, who was targeted by Trump relentlessly until Sessions fired him earlier this year just days before he was set to retire/eligible to receive a pension, opened an obstruction of justice investigation into Trump after Comey's firing, per @CNN.

:mellow:

Natasha Bertrand‏Verified account @NatashaBertrand 12h12 hours ago

More

Andrew McCabe, who was targeted by Trump relentlessly until Sessions fired him earlier this year just days before he was set to retire/eligible to receive a pension, opened an obstruction of justice investigation into Trump after Comey's firing, per @CNN.

:mellow:
Annnd, let's guess, Don caught wind of it.

More

Bruce Ohr’s wife’s name is Nellie. 

Trump was given a heads up the night before on the Flynn memo and proceeded to go on a twitter rant.  I have to think the same exact thing happened here but it's far worse based on his late night tweets last night and his freak out text string this morning.  He knows generally what's coming is doing his best to try and discredit the messengers.....at  least it's Friday (and I didn't play against Henry last night...)

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Trump was given a heads up the night before on the Flynn memo and proceeded to go on a twitter rant.  I have to think the same exact thing happened here but it's far worse based on his late night tweets last night and his freak out text string this morning.  He knows what's coming is doing his best to try and discredit the messengers.....at  least it's Friday (and I didn't play against Henry last night...)

Oh, right. Manafort and Cohen memos are due today. 

Trump was given a heads up the night before on the Flynn memo and proceeded to go on a twitter rant.  I have to think the same exact thing happened here but it's far worse based on his late night tweets last night and his freak out text string this morning.  He knows generally what's coming is doing his best to try and discredit the messengers.....at  least it's Friday (and I didn't play against Henry last night...)

Weird that he did not tweet about the Jobs report before it was released like he has done in the past..

Hannity for Chief of Staff, Tucker Carlson for AG....how soon until he takes the entire Fox cast and crew to work in the cabinet?

I benched him in several leagues. :bag:  

has there ever been a guy who just took a dump on his own legacy the way rudy has i respected that guy after 911 and now i just think he is a joke and a shill take that to the bank brohans 

Users who are viewing this thread