Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn

whoknew

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 1h1 hour ago

“Democrats can’t find a Smocking Gun tying the Trump campaign to Russia after James Comey’s testimony. No Smocking Gun...No Collusion.” @FoxNews That’s because there was NO COLLUSION. So now the Dems go to a simple private transaction, wrongly call it a campaign contribution,...

Ted Lieu‏ @tedlieu 4h4 hours ago

While it's fun to mock #SmockingGun & the spelling skills of stable genius, here's a key fact: @realDonaldTrump has now moved from saying there is no evidence of collusion to there is no smoking gun. Mueller hasn't yet revealed what he knows & Trump is moving the goalposts again.

:yes:

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1

7 minutes ago, squistion said:

While it's fun to mock #SmockingGun & the spelling skills of stable genius, here's a key fact: @realDonaldTrump has now moved from saying there is no evidence of collusion to there is no smoking gun.

I remember there was a case down here where this well known guy's wife was murdered, by gun. And this guy pointed out, hey they haven't found the gun, there is no gun pointing to me. Then they found out he had a trailer and the cops searched the trailer and they found a note that actually said 'throw gun in river.' It's amazing that someone could be that stupid, but yeah sometimes people are just that stupid.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, squistion said:

While it's fun to mock #SmockingGun & the spelling skills of stable genius, here's a key fact: @realDonaldTrump has now moved from saying there is no evidence of collusion to there is no smoking gun. Mueller hasn't yet revealed what he knows & Trump is moving the goalposts again.

Actually it went from nobody in the campaign had any communication with the Russians.  To sure we had talked but it was just about adoptions.  To did I say adoptions?  I meant  about building a hotel in Moscow, no big deal.  Then no smocking gun.

Edited by Sheriff Bart
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, squistion said:

Eventually it will be: ‘Sure we agreed to drop sanctions in exchange for election assistance but we haven’t dropped sanctions, so where’s the crime?’

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

Actually it went from nobody in the campaign had any communication with the Russians.  To sure we had talked but it was just about adoptions.  To did I say adoptions?  I meant  about building a hotel in Moscow, no big deal.  Then no smocking gun.

It's the Margaritaville Defense

• Like 1
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, Biff84 said:

Eventually it will be: ‘Sure we agreed to drop sanctions in exchange for election assistance but we haven’t dropped sanctions, so where’s the crime?’

I lied to them about being willing to help and got free stuff from them!  Stable genius!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I remember there was a case down here where this well known guy's wife was murdered, by gun. And this guy pointed out, hey they haven't found the gun, there is no gun pointing to me. Then they found out he had a trailer and the cops searched the trailer and they found a note that actually said 'throw gun in river.' It's amazing that someone could be that stupid, but yeah sometimes people are just that stupid.

:lmao:

Vince Marinello.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

Butina pleading guilty to conspiracy?

And it includes cooperation.

Maria Butina, a 30-year-old Russian gun rights activist who stands accused developing a covert influence operation in the United States, has agreed to plead guilty to conspiracy and cooperate with federal, state and local authorities in any ongoing investigations.

She admits, as part of the deal, according to a copy obtained by ABC News that is expected to be filed to the court, that she and an unnamed “U.S. Person 1,” which sources have identified as longtime Republican operative Paul Erickson, with whom she had a multiyear romantic relationship, “agreed and conspired, with a Russian government official (“Russian Official”) and at least one other person, for Butina to act in the United States under the direction of Russian Official without prior notification to the Attorney General.”

Based on the description, the “Russian Official” appears to be Alexander Torshin, deputy governor of the Russian Central Bank and a close ally of Russian President Vladimir Putin. Under his direction, the agreement said, she “sought to establish unofficial lines of communication with Americans having power and influence over U.S. politics.”

The agreement, which Butina signed on Saturday, Dec. 8, also notes that the conspiracy charge carries a maximum penalty of up to five years in prison, but the deal could see Butina receive a lesser sentence, depending on the level of her cooperation, before likely being deported back to Russia.

It is unclear what Butina’s cooperation might entail, but federal prosecutors have reportedly notified Erickson that he is a target of an ongoing investigation. ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

"burn this note"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

He neglected to add: "Burn this list."

You'd think, 'Ah Louisiana,' but:

And during an FBI raid of Erickson’s South Dakota home, investigators discovered a handwritten note suggesting Erickson may have been aware of a possible job offer from Russian intelligence services: “How to respond to FSB offer of employment?” Erickson scratched, an apparent reference to the Russian equivalent of the CIA.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Banger said:

for those that have never seen the Trump - Butina interaction in 2015 at the beginning of his campaign.  Amazingly, out of the entire crowd he HAPPENS to call on her and makes his first public statements about removing Russian sanctions.  Probably a big coincidence...right?

https://twitter.com/brianklaas/status/1072163485264560128

2015. Was this the first time Trump went on record about sanctions?

Wow.

Ex-federal prosecutor Andrew McCarthy told Fox & Friends he thinks Trump will be indicted in Manhattan Federal Court on campaign finance charges. "If you read the sentencing memo ... it’s clear that Trump is the target and will be indicted eventually."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/former-federal-prosecutor-andrew-mccarthy-thinks-president-trump-will-face-indictment-in-manhattan

• Thinking 1

Poor baby.

Paul Manafort does not want to come to court tomorrow to answer for his alleged "crimes and lies" in Mueller's Friday evening filing. He cites the "time involved in having the U.S. Marshal Service transport me to and from the courthouse."

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1072234961531486209

• Like 1

Looks like they've got the new talking points that will have to be walked back in 4-3-2... as new evidence comes out:

Frank Thorp V‏Verified account @frankthorp

Sen Kennedy: "Well, let me say this about Mister Cohen: Jesus loves him, but everybody else thinks he's an idiot. I think most Americans think he's a sleazoid grifter. I can't imagine basing any kind of prosecution on the word of Mister Cohen."

Sen Kennedy: "Do I support violations of the campaign finance act if that indeed happened? Of course not. But the President says it was a private transaction, and it would appear to me that the only evidence is coming from Mister Cohen, who's credibility can be questioned. Duh."

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz

8 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

You can usually get a feel of the commentary from the authors:

Conrad Black’s latest book is Donald J. Trump, A President Like No Other.

Brooke Singman is also an author at Lifezette, which includes such headings as 'drain the swamp' and 'liberal hypocrisy.'

• Love 1

Sen. Orrin G. Hatch on Monday dismissed new court papers directly implicating President Trump in efforts to buy women’s silence, saying the matter is irrelevant because the economy is booming and the payments were made before Trump was elected to the White House.

Hatch (R-Utah), who is retiring at the end of his current term, told CNN’s Manu Raju that the years before Trump became president are “another world.”

Hatch added this when asked if he was concerned about allegations.

“No because I don’t think he was involved in crimes but even then, you know, you can make anything a crime under the current laws; if you want to you can blow it way out of proportion you can do a lot of things.”

Hatch also told me: “President Trump before he became president that’s another world. Since he’s become president this economy has charged ahead. ... And I think we ought to judge him on that basis other than trying to drum up things from the past that may or may not be true.”

“Since he’s become president this economy has charged ahead,” Hatch said, adding, “And I think we ought to judge him on that basis other than trying to drum up things from the past that may or may not be true.”

The Republican also told Raju that “you can make anything a crime under the current laws” and that he believes Trump is doing a good job.

Earlier in his congressional career, during Bill Clinton’s impeachment trial in 1999, Hatch voted to convict the president, saying in a statement at the time that “committing crimes of moral turpitude such as perjury and obstruction of justice go to the heart of qualification for public office.”

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz

2 hours ago, squistion said:

Wow.

Ex-federal prosecutor Andrew McCarthy told Fox & Friends he thinks Trump will be indicted in Manhattan Federal Court on campaign finance charges. "If you read the sentencing memo ... it’s clear that Trump is the target and will be indicted eventually."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/former-federal-prosecutor-andrew-mccarthy-thinks-president-trump-will-face-indictment-in-manhattan

We can only hope

47 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Dirtbags. Plain and simple.  I’m not sure there’s spine among them.  All of them, dems included.  All of them will say anything that suits them in the moment and honestly it’s our fault.  We elect and allow these scumbags to operate.  We deserve Trump.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Sen. Orrin G. Hatch on Monday dismissed new court papers directly implicating President Trump in efforts to buy women’s silence, saying the matter is irrelevant because the economy is booming and the payments were made before Trump was elected to the White House.

The video is something else.

Raju: It's the US Attorney for SDNY who is making the allegation.

Hatch: Do you think he's a Republican, do you?

Raju: Well... he was appointed by the President.

Hatch: [pause] Ok. [stares away] But uh... I don't care.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

A video again that should be played over and over by every democrat running for office...because that is what so many of those republicans think.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:
3 hours ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

These guys spent 8 years claiming that Obama was trying to divide the country, and the first words out of his mouth are "DO YOU THINK HE'S A REPUBLICAN?"

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

OK, but I don't care, all I can say is he's doing a good job as President."

Hatch added, "You're talking about things that happened before he became president."

Mr Johnson’s class has good test scores. All that child molesting happened before he became a teacher

There is a lot of pressure on Republicans in Congress

@timschochet

This may be the answer to your biggest concern.  If even a couple Republicans publicly stop backing trump, there will be a domino effect where the whole party shifts away from him. (I'm linking the article because they suggest it's starting to happen, but take it with a grain of salt.)

Just now, bostonfred said:

@timschochet

This may be the answer to your biggest concern.  If even a couple Republicans publicly stop backing trump, there will be a domino effect where the whole party shifts away from him. (I'm linking the article because they suggest it's starting to happen, but take it with a grain of salt.)

Funny how that’s going to start to happen after an election where they got slaughtered.  

2 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

@timschochet

Thanks, but I think this is a fantasy. 

IMO the results of the election are far less important than the fact that the base of the Republican Party is solidly hehind Donald Trunp. Until that goes away, Republicans in Congress will never publicly turn against him no matter what they say privately. 

No revelation, no report by Mueller or uncovering of direct guilt, no damage to the economy will sever the union between Trump and the GOP base. There’s only one thing that will do that: Trump has to get thumped in 2020- not narrowly beaten, in which case they will claim the Democrats cheated,  but crushed. Only then will the Republicans move in another direction. 

8 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

@timschochet

they are still burying their head in the sand....when Fox turns it's over...until then he'll have cover because most of the R's will just hide and won't comment.

5 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

By far the most important thing that would change the landscape would be if Fox News turned anti-Trump.  That's the only way I could see him actually getting removed from office but I don't see it happening.

when the extent of the lies, the obstruction and the numerous other crimes he and the administration has committed they'll have no choice....It'll just take some time to get there.

2 minutes ago, Banger said:

when the extent of the lies, the obstruction and the numerous other crimes he and the administration has committed they'll have no choice....It'll just take some time to get there.

They're still with him now.  I'm not sure why you think some future stuff will move the needle when all the events of the past two years have done nothing.

• Like 3

Just now, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

They're still with him now.  I'm not sure why you think some future stuff will move the needle when all the events of the past two years have done nothing.

because it's going to get much worse when the "no collusion" mantra that Trump has ranted for the past 2 years is shown to be a lie and when the extent of the obstruction / coordination of lies is shown.