What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (9 Viewers)

That’s sort of because her lawyers filed the motion without explaining anything whatsoever. Or attaching exhibits. Or citing to any law.  

I don’t like solitary.  The biggest reasonable exception is for the safety of the inmate, which is a real issue with people in conspiracy charges. And it’s worth noting that administrative segregation - while no picnic - is not exactly the same thing as traditional solitary. Primarily because of being allowed out for short periods of the day. 
Correct.  

I agree but is has been 2 years and a crap ton of resources and money so if he is guilty of something he should be ousted now.
More and more resources are expended with each lie that’s been told by the folks under investigation.

Take Manafort, for example. He forced a trial, then pretended to cooperate after he was convicted, then welched.

You can’t complain about how long it is taking when folks are actively obstructing the investigation.

She's a purported Russian spy  lobbyist and it's publicly known she's reached a cooperation agreement.  In jail and/or prison, she'd be considered a snitch.  It'd be likely contrary to her 8th Amendment rights not to have her in PC (i.e. solitary) right now. 
FYP

She's a purported Russian spy and it's publicly known she's reached a cooperation agreement.  In jail and/or prison, she'd be considered a snitch.  It'd be likely contrary to her 8th Amendment rights not to have her in PC (i.e. solitary) right now. 
Not to mention she is involved in pretty much the most visible investigation in the entire freaking country right now.  

"What the hell happened to Butina?"

"Well she was on her way to chow and this other inmate named 'The Jammer' shivved her because she wouldn't share her dollop of hand lotion.  Sorry about getting one of the key people involved in your gigantic investigation killed."

Not to mention she is involved in pretty much the most visible investigation in the entire freaking country right now.  

"What the hell happened to Butina?"

"Well she was on her way to chow and this other inmate named 'The Jammer' shivved her because she wouldn't share her dollop of hand lotion.  Sorry about getting one of the key people involved in your gigantic investigation killed."
"Hey, waitaminute - wasn't it a lawyer given to her by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs from Russia who asked her to be released into the general population?"

Hey, Junior. It's probably too late for you now, but maybe you should've thought about that when helped your dad commit crimes? Actually I'm happy you're a complete moron. I hope you're up next in Mueller's sights. Couldn't have happened to a better guy!

The Hill‏Verified account @thehill

FollowFollow @thehill

More

Trump Jr. says his father once re-gifted him a monogrammed present he'd gotten the year before http://hill.cm/LHJKBUV
Reminds me of a story I know I've told here before.

I have an uncle that is pretty well off and notoriously cheap (or at least used to be).

One time, when we were kids, he made a $1 bet on a football game with my brother and lost. My uncle told him he would pay him later when he got change.

That evening their in church and the collection basket comes around.  My uncle give my brother a dollar and my brother puts it in the basket.

Later on my brother asks my uncle to pay up on the bet.

Uncle says "What? I gave you that dollar in church."

Last edited by a moderator:
About the Rudy stuff and the NY FBI Field Office...

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1073023449155690496

:popcorn:  Who's losing their marbles faster? Trump, or Giuliani? 
Honestly, if these guys keep openly confessing, I'm going to have to side with the Republicans. This should be over quickly. They can't not say they did illegal stuff.

Edit: but reports today had Trump throwing and kicking stuff because he was "seething" about that "liar" Cohen. So I'll guess Trump. Especially if even 1/10 of the Steele Dossier's characterization of about Cohen is correct. It says that Cohen was "heavily engaged in a cover up and damage limitation operation in the attempt to prevent the full details of TRUMP's relationship with Russia being exposed," which included taking meetings with various Russian officials. I mean, now we know that Cohen was Trump's cover up and damage control guy. We also know that Cohen was turning down some meetings with Russian officials because he felt he was meeting with ones who already had a clear pipeline to Putin, so...

Edit 2: And I'd totally forgotten that the dossier accused Cohen of setting up "deniable cash payments." I guess we can also :confirm: that those were also in Cohen's job description now. That dossier is becoming less phony by the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:

WASHINGTON — Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, one of President Trump’s attorneys, unloaded on special counsel Robert Mueller, the FBI and Trump’s one-time fixer Michael Cohen in a phone conversation with Yahoo News on Wednesday.

Giuliani said the Trump legal team is focused on encouraging Mueller to end his investigation into whether the president’s campaign colluded with Russian intervention efforts in the 2016 election. He further suggested that Mueller lacks the authority to prosecute Trump.

“Our strategy is … to do everything we can to try to convince Mueller to wrap the damn thing up, and if he’s got anything, show us,” Giuliani said. “If he doesn’t have anything, you know, write your report, tell us what you have, and we’ll deal with it. He can’t prosecute him [Trump]. All he can do is write a report about him, so write the #######ed thing and get it over with now.”

The special counsel’s office declined to comment on Giuliani’s assessment of the investigation.

https://news.yahoo.com/rudy-giuliani-says-trumps-legal-team-wants-mueller-wrap-damn-thing-234600539.html

The lack of anything from Mueller is literally driving Team Trump crazy...

WASHINGTON — Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, one of President Trump’s attorneys, unloaded on special counsel Robert Mueller, the FBI and Trump’s one-time fixer Michael Cohen in a phone conversation with Yahoo News on Wednesday.

Giuliani said the Trump legal team is focused on encouraging Mueller to end his investigation into whether the president’s campaign colluded with Russian intervention efforts in the 2016 election. He further suggested that Mueller lacks the authority to prosecute Trump.

“Our strategy is … to do everything we can to try to convince Mueller to wrap the damn thing up, and if he’s got anything, show us,” Giuliani said. “If he doesn’t have anything, you know, write your report, tell us what you have, and we’ll deal with it. He can’t prosecute him [Trump]. All he can do is write a report about him, so write the #######ed thing and get it over with now.”

The special counsel’s office declined to comment on Giuliani’s assessment of the investigation.

https://news.yahoo.com/rudy-giuliani-says-trumps-legal-team-wants-mueller-wrap-damn-thing-234600539.html

Short drive. 

. “If he doesn’t have anything, you know, write your report, tell us what you have, and we’ll deal with it. He can’t prosecute him [Trump]. All he can do is write a report about him, so write the #######ed thing and get it over with now.”
They really want Bob to stop prosecuting and start writing a report. They made some bad assumptions.

Big Time Bobby.

The issue is that Mueller has SOOOO much to investigate that it's taking a long time.  Even though the culprits were really dumb at covering the tracks on their nefarious deeds, there's just so much crap to uncover that it takes time to document.

Big Time Bobby.

The issue is that Mueller has SOOOO much to investigate that it's taking a long time.  Even though the culprits were really dumb at covering the tracks on their nefarious deeds, there's just so much crap to uncover that it takes time to document.
I also think they knew the AMI/Pecker stuff pretty early in the process and have been waiting for that part to play out since it was the easiest way to get into Trump Org (any of these payoffs would probably have necissated a SARs filing).  Now they/SDNY have all those records and a cooperating CFO.  

Now with AMI’s cooperation, they have a pretty ironclad case against others in the Trump orbit and Trump himself.  

Big Time Bobby.

This really isn’t a long time. 

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
OrtonToOlsen said:
Reminds me of a story I know I've told here before.

I have an uncle that is pretty well off and notoriously cheap (or at least used to be).

One time, when we were kids, he made a $1 bet on a football game with my brother and lost. My uncle told him he would pay him later when he got change.

That evening their in church and the collection basket comes around.  My uncle give my brother a dollar and my brother puts it in the basket.

Later on my brother asks my uncle to pay up on the bet.

Uncle says "What? I gave you that dollar in church."
He used to be?

Is your uncle where Dickens got the idea for Ebenezer Scrooge?

I also think they knew the AMI/Pecker stuff pretty early in the process and have been waiting for that part to play out since it was the easiest way to get into Trump Org (any of these payoffs would probably have necissated a SARs filing).  Now they/SDNY have all those records and a cooperating CFO.  

Now with AMI’s cooperation, they have a pretty ironclad case against others in the Trump orbit and Trump himself.  
So you're saying it's finally over?

He used to be?

Is your uncle where Dickens got the idea for Ebenezer Scrooge?
Well I always thought he was just a huge skinflint. In reality he was just really smart with his money.

Long story short...he started his own business, ran it for years, sold it to a larger corp at a huge profit (and a giant 1 year salary), retired by 55, made huge gains in real estate etc.  now he lives the life BUT does a huge amount of charity work. Pretty much created his own version of Habitat for Humanity but in Baja.

Well I always thought he was just a huge skinflint. In reality he was just really smart with his money.

Long story short...he started his own business, ran it for years, sold it to a larger corp at a huge profit (and a giant 1 year salary), retired by 55, made huge gains in real estate etc.  now he lives the life BUT does a huge amount of charity work. Pretty much created his own version of Habitat for Humanity but in Baja.
After being visited by three spirits?

This seems like a sound strategy....

Users who are viewing this thread