Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn

whoknew

Just as an side, the OSC seemed pretty pleased with Cohen - and apparently he's agreed to continue cooperating with Bob from behind bars - but the SDNY absolutely tore him new body openings up and down their memos. So whatever it was that SDNY wanted him to cooperate on - having to do with SNY/NYC stuff - which didn't overlap with OSC stuff - was what he was not cooperating on. And he's going to do 3 years time for that, whatever it may be.

3 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Just as an side, the OSC seemed pretty pleased with Cohen - and apparently he's agreed to continue cooperating with Bob from behind bars - but the SDNY absolutely tore him new body openings up and down their memos. So whatever it was that SDNY wanted him to cooperate on - having to do with SNY/NYC stuff - which didn't overlap with OSC stuff - was what he was not cooperating on. And he's going to do 3 years time for that, whatever it may be.

I just read he doesn't have to go to prison until March. So still 3 good months to cooperate before going in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Banger said:

They absolutely do know but they have to prove it in a court of law beyond a reasonable doubt and many in Trump's orbit haven't exactly cooperated which extends the length of the investigation.   If everyone involved didn't lie and turned over all their evidence this would be all wrapped up by now but that's not the case.

That's not really true.  They have to prove it in front of 435 and then 100 partisan hacks.  Good luck with that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

Former Trump attorney Michael Cohen, addressing the court at his sentencing: "I take full responsibility for each act that I pled guilty to: The personal ones to me and those involving the President of the United States of America."

:lol:

Cohen is just trolling Trump at this point

He went from being a high-profile attorney to a convicted felon looking forward to three years in prison.  The only person he trolled was himself.

The guy put his trust in Trump and then Mueller. He’s a complete moron for doing either.

6 hours ago, Da Guru said:

Are they ever going to get to Trump before his term is up?

My POV on this has always been when they get to 1 degree of direct proof from Trump then they have gotten to Trump. I'd say they have gotten to him as of now. Not only is Cohen 1 degree from Trump so is Pecker, and it's not one but two crimes, and counting. - Obviously the GOP is craven but 1. they can argue sex is private and process crime, and 2. there's no sense in their acting (or the Dems for that matter) until all the info is in, and there's obviously a lot further to go. But as of now, they're "there", they're just not done yet.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Eh, he is getting the 3 years for not cooperating with SDNY.

and committing numerous crimes...From Mueller he got 2 months for lying to Congress that will be served concurrent with the SDNY charges...so he got no time essentially from Mueller.

I agree that he's a moron and criminal though...like his boss.

Edited by Banger
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, jonessed said:

He went from being a high-profile attorney to a convicted felon looking forward to three years in prison.  The only person he trolled was himself.

The guy put his trust in Trump and then Mueller. He’s a complete moron for doing either.

"How could you punish me for crimes I admitted to committing! I TRUSTED YOU!"

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:
22 minutes ago, jonessed said:

um, what?

Apparently jonessed is of the belief that Cohen would have been better off by not talking to Mueller. :mellow:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Banger said:

and committing numerous crimes...From Mueller he got 2 months for lying to Congress that will be served concurrent with the SDNY charges...so he got no time essentially from Mueller.

I agree that he's a moron and criminal though...like his boss.

Yep. These are some ironic times. Saw John Kennedy (R) from LA on TV yesterday questioning the credibility of "sleazoid" Cohen. Yet the sleazoid in WH is doing a good job.

8 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Eh, he is getting the 3 years for not cooperating with SDNY.

And considering all the crimes that he could have been charged with, he may have been looking at decades in prison. I think trusting Mueller worked out for him. Does he think that cooperation automatically means no jail time?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ericttspikes said:

Yep. These are some ironic times. Saw John Kennedy (R) from LA on TV yesterday questioning the credibility of "sleazoid" Cohen. Yet the sleazoid in WH is doing a good job.

that sleazoid was Trump's personal attny for a dozen years...so who would hire a lawyer that's a criminal?  A CRIMINAL!  

oh and he was deputy finance chair of the RNC as well...

Edited by Banger
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Senate reverses dark money disclosure rule.

- This actually appears to be a reform measure requiring disclosure. Yeah I'm not sure how this happened either.

Educate me on this if anyone knows... I saw news that the $30M contribution from the NRA was out of a fund that was not required to identify sources, and since this was 3 times the $12.6M contributed to the prior republican president candidate, perhaps this was related to Russian infiltration of NRA. Would this repeal make that $30M more transparent? 

1 minute ago, BigJim® said:

Educate me on this if anyone knows... I saw news that the $30M contribution from the NRA was out of a fund that was not required to identify sources, and since this was 3 times the $12.6M contributed to the prior republican president candidate, perhaps this was related to Russian infiltration of NRA. Would this repeal make that $30M more transparent? 

not sure but I think the FBI already requested the records...so whether or not they need to be disclosed, the FBI knows who gave what....

16 minutes ago, Banger said:

not sure but I think the FBI already requested the records...so whether or not they need to be disclosed, the FBI knows who gave what....

Thanks! How sad that this is a partisan topic. Speaks volumes that one party votes 49-1 against transparency.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

Yeah that was me - and I think that is the most likely scenario - Pence as President issuing a pardon.

If this happens we need to get the Red actor from That 70s Show to ask Pence how the hell he could pardon Trump. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ren hoek said:

I don’t really buy that.  How hard can it be to get a regular cell and treat her like a human being?  I don’t see what she’s done to warrant that sort of treatment.  I see it with Manafort maybe but not her.  

I’ve posted a lot about this sort of stuff in the ‘another killing’ police thread and more recently the justice system thread.  I think it’s one of the few places where we actually agree.  

She's a purported Russian spy and it's publicly known she's reached a cooperation agreement.  In jail and/or prison, she'd be considered a snitch.  It'd be likely contrary to her 8th Amendment rights not to have her in PC (i.e. solitary) right now. 

Edited by Zow
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

That’s sort of because her lawyers filed the motion without explaining anything whatsoever. Or attaching exhibits. Or citing to any law.  

I don’t like solitary.  The biggest reasonable exception is for the safety of the inmate, which is a real issue with people in conspiracy charges. And it’s worth noting that administrative segregation - while no picnic - is not exactly the same thing as traditional solitary. Primarily because of being allowed out for short periods of the day. 

Correct.  

8 hours ago, Da Guru said:

I agree but is has been 2 years and a crap ton of resources and money so if he is guilty of something he should be ousted now.

More and more resources are expended with each lie that’s been told by the folks under investigation.

Take Manafort, for example. He forced a trial, then pretended to cooperate after he was convicted, then welched.

You can’t complain about how long it is taking when folks are actively obstructing the investigation.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Zow said:

She's a purported Russian spy  lobbyist and it's publicly known she's reached a cooperation agreement.  In jail and/or prison, she'd be considered a snitch.  It'd be likely contrary to her 8th Amendment rights not to have her in PC (i.e. solitary) right now. 

FYP

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Zow said:

She's a purported Russian spy and it's publicly known she's reached a cooperation agreement.  In jail and/or prison, she'd be considered a snitch.  It'd be likely contrary to her 8th Amendment rights not to have her in PC (i.e. solitary) right now. 

Not to mention she is involved in pretty much the most visible investigation in the entire freaking country right now.  

"What the hell happened to Butina?"

"Well she was on her way to chow and this other inmate named 'The Jammer' shivved her because she wouldn't share her dollop of hand lotion.  Sorry about getting one of the key people involved in your gigantic investigation killed."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Not to mention she is involved in pretty much the most visible investigation in the entire freaking country right now.  

"What the hell happened to Butina?"

"Well she was on her way to chow and this other inmate named 'The Jammer' shivved her because she wouldn't share her dollop of hand lotion.  Sorry about getting one of the key people involved in your gigantic investigation killed."

"Hey, waitaminute - wasn't it a lawyer given to her by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs from Russia who asked her to be released into the general population?"

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

46 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

Hey, Junior. It's probably too late for you now, but maybe you should've thought about that when helped your dad commit crimes? Actually I'm happy you're a complete moron. I hope you're up next in Mueller's sights. Couldn't have happened to a better guy!

The Hill‏Verified account @thehill

FollowFollow @thehill

More

Trump Jr. says his father once re-gifted him a monogrammed present he'd gotten the year before http://hill.cm/LHJKBUV

Reminds me of a story I know I've told here before.

I have an uncle that is pretty well off and notoriously cheap (or at least used to be).

One time, when we were kids, he made a $1 bet on a football game with my brother and lost. My uncle told him he would pay him later when he got change.

That evening their in church and the collection basket comes around.  My uncle give my brother a dollar and my brother puts it in the basket.

Later on my brother asks my uncle to pay up on the bet.

Uncle says "What? I gave you that dollar in church."

Edited by OrtonToOlsen
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

FollowFollow @thehill

More

Trump Jr. says his father once re-gifted him a monogrammed present he'd gotten the year before http://hill.cm/LHJKBUV

And it wasn't just a gift that someone had given him, it was the gift that Junior had gotten for him the year before. That's love.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

And it wasn't just a gift that someone had given him, it was the gift that Junior had gotten for him the year before. That's love.

A flying desk set?

• Like 1