What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (4 Viewers)

Kilmeade then quickly pivoted to Reverend Jeremiah Wright, whose “speaking out” made “candidate Obama look bad.”

Napolitano quickly informed the host that “would not be” an example of campaign violation.

:lmao:
but OBAMA!!!!  ya, Trump is a felon but Obama wore tan suits and didn't wear a flag pin!!!!

:lmao:  at "condo board"

:lmao:  at jonessed twisting and turning to get us all to look somewhere else. The true believers have gone quiet because they now know that something is terribly wrong, that there were bad things out there that they originally thought didn't matter. But the pros, the guys who never admitted that they were Trump guys, the jonesseds, the rens, the roves, those guys are still in these threads deflecting for all they're worth. I'm beginning to wonder if they're on the up and up.

:lmao:  at "condo board"

:lmao:  at jonessed twisting and turning to get us all to look somewhere else. The true believers have gone quiet because they now know that something is terribly wrong, that there were bad things out there that they originally thought didn't matter. But the pros, the guys who never admitted that they were Trump guys, the jonesseds, the rens, the roves, those guys are still in these threads deflecting for all they're worth. I'm beginning to wonder if they're on the up and up.
Beginning? :confused:  

Is it really that tough for even those most in the bag for Trump to connect a few dots between all the findings of this investigation and what's going on in Ukraine?

Even if Trump is somehow innocent of knowing quid pro quo with Putin, the end result is the same. The world is now wide open for exploitation by Putin and he's taking full advantage. How can you support a President and administration who are contributing to that?

Imagine how differently things would be going, just in that venue alone, if virtually any of the other candidates for President in 2016 were in office now?

Instead we have chaos in U.S. Federal government and the real bad guys are making hay.

The Hill‏Verified account @thehill

FollowFollow @thehill

More

Mueller to release info on foreigners' efforts to interfere in 2016 election: report http://hill.cm/Fr33I11
why do I have this gut feeling that Trump is going to come out looking pretty bad in the Koshoggi situation (even worse than he looks now) when Mueller starts to unveil indictments for contacts with Saudis....

full disclosure: I am a never-Trumper, and a reformed conservative.  I'm not entirely comfortable describing myself as a liberal, but I'm probably swinging closer to that side as the (R)'s get more and more crazy.  I did not vote for Trump and don't like most things about him, but he is our legally elected president and he deserves the benefit of the doubt.  I do hope he succeeds in making America Great Again; I do believe Trump has tapped into something forgotten in American politics, the middle class.

I'm not actively cheering one way or another in this whole sordid affair, I'm mostly fascinated in the story as a current event.  It's got potential for all of the drama and intrigue of a Clancy novel.  Frankly, the implications of the story as outlined by the Financial Times scare the crap out of me.  If true, and Trump was a knowing accomplice to Russian Mafia money laundering, he will be impeached and will spend time in jail.  I find that fascinating, regardless of political persuasion.
Is it really the middle class?  No college whites over 55?  Is that the middle class?

why do I have this gut feeling that Trump is going to come out looking pretty bad in the Koshoggi situation (even worse than he looks now) when Mueller starts to unveil indictments for contacts with Saudis....
Also interesting that the report anticipates these to be published "next year" and not imminently. That's got to bother someone...

Russian government claims accused spy Maria Butina was 'tortured' in US custody, but doesn't provide any evidence.

Maybe this helps explain ren's recent criticisms on how she's being treated in prison.
This was already addressed when bucky’s McCarthyite brain came to the same conclusion you just did.  I’m sure you and the people who liked this post ( @Dedfin @mr roboto ) will be glad to know that I think solitary confinement is torture not because Putin, but because, well, it is.  

I literally had no idea at all that Putin said that.  I actually believe the way she’s been treated is shameful, complete overkill.  But because she’s a Russian national that makes it ok.  

Also interesting that the report anticipates these to be published "next year" and not imminently. That's got to bother someone...
he's got some court proceedings in Feb/March and we all KNOW that there are many more indictments coming with respect to collusion / obstruction of justice.  now we learn that he's opening an entirely add'l wing of investigation.  I wouldn't be surprised if this were still going on a year from now.  In that time there will be a tons of developments but no joke the amount of criminality...during the campaign, the inauguration, the cover ups / witness tampering / obstruction on so many different fronts (FBI agents, Comey, Mueller, etc.) and unfortunately for a criminal like Trump there is no pause button.....we just saw in recent filings that Manafort's team has been in continuous contact with Trump's team...were they coordinating stories/answers for Mueller like they did with Cohen when he spoke with Congress?  there are likely dozens of other events that we don't even know about

Here the NYT lays out Butina’s sinister plot to establish a good relationship with the United States.  

Yet even as prosecutors secured Ms. Butina’s conviction and cooperation, they faced questions about their initial portrayal of Ms. Butina as something like a character out of “Red Sparrow,” the spy thriller about a Russian femme fatale.

Prosecutors had already been forced to back off the most salacious accusations against Ms. Butina — that she used sex as spycraft— and acknowledged in court filings this week that she genuinely wanted a graduate degree, and was not simply posing as a student to live in the United States. They also dropped accusations of her being in contact with Russian intelligence agencies, and that she was only using Mr. Erickson to gain access to other influential Americans.

Ms. Butina’s lawyers had strenuously objected to the earlier portrayal of their client, and the plea deal was likely to provide her defenders with new fodder to argue that her activities look sinister only to those who see the world through the outdated lens of the Cold War. For all of the headline-grabbing talk of a flame-haired Russian spy seducing unwitting Americans that followed her arrest, they say, Ms. Butina hardly lived her life in the shadows.

She openly advocated Russia-friendly policies and closer connections between her homeland and the United States in speeches and during her time at American University in Washington, where she earned a master’s degree. Her cellphone case featured a picture of President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia riding a horse shirtless. She frequented Russia House, an upscale Washington bar where Russian hockey stars like Alexander Ovechkin of the Washington Capitals enjoy vodka and caviar.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/13/us/politics/butina-guilty.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

This was already addressed when bucky’s McCarthyite brain came to the same conclusion you just did.  I’m sure you and the people who liked this post ( @Dedfin @mr roboto ) will be glad to know that I think solitary confinement is torture not because Putin, but because, well, it is.  

I literally had no idea at all that Putin said that.  I actually believe the way she’s been treated is shameful, complete overkill.  But because she’s a Russian national  SPY that makes it ok.  
:yes:

I literally had no idea at all that Putin said that.  I actually believe the way she’s been treated is shameful, complete overkill.  But because she’s a Russian national that makes it ok.  
what's funny is that you probably don't care a bit about the kids separated from their parents and sitting in cages for nearly a year for crossing the border but a Russian spy who pleads guilty to conspiring against the US is a victim....makes sense...

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have the sads because your comrades are all going to jail?
Its really sad how poorly we're treating innocent Russians.  Didn't Trump ask Putin twice - TWICE! - and he said he didn't do it.  What more does our corrupt, lying, intelligence agencies need.  How far have we fallen as a nation when we can't take the word of honest Russians?  That's not a world where good, honest Americans want to live I can tell you that.

Last edited by a moderator:
this guy's incredibly cryptic but he knows things...

Ming Nethery‏ @MingGao26

Just a heads up, Do not be surprised when you learn Russia not only captured NRA/GOP but many religious 501c too. Wy Mercer have Issa attack IRS?

2:32 PM - 13 Dec 2018

this guy's incredibly cryptic but he knows things...

Ming Nethery‏ @MingGao26

Just a heads up, Do not be surprised when you learn Russia not only captured NRA/GOP but many religious 501c too. Wy Mercer have Issa attack IRS?

2:32 PM - 13 Dec 2018
Why does he know things? That seems like something many of us could speculate on and probably be right. 

What happens if it turns out numerous Republican politicians are involved? Is there any mechanism for dealing with that outside of them voting not to punish themselves? I am talking about Rand Paul and the others that made random trips to Russia for no reason. What happens if something leads to McConnell? While I doubt there will be direct contact between a ton of reps and spys (outside of people like Rohrabacher), it might be likely that many of them knew Russia was funneling money to the Republican party through a bunch of different American organizations.

They get indicted and stand trial.
:shrug:

I don't know the ins and outs of campaign finance - but this seems more political than legal - assuming Russia is dumping money into the NRA, and then the NRA are dictating which (witch) candidates get funding.

Politically, the Dems should hammer any of the GOP candidates for even the appearance of being in bed with the Russians.  But, legally, I have no idea what the liability might be for a candidate.

I don’t fault (as a human failing) anyone who had thoughts that Trump was just political theater and wouldn’t do what he seemed like he would do based on his speeches in 2016. 

That’ll definitely change in 2020. 

Is it AMI?  The national enquirer.  Like Cohen they should be destroyed financially. People going to jail.  They better have coughed up a lot

Wild, they get immunity.  They should be on there knees.  

The government should comb through their whole business going forward.  Eff them.

Is it AMI?  The national enquirer.  Like Cohen they should be destroyed financially. People going to jail.  They better have coughed up a lot

Wild, they get immunity.  They should be on there knees.  

The government should comb through their whole business going forward.  Eff them.
Sammy the bullb should have gotten the chair. 

Not how this works. 

Here the NYT lays out Butina’s sinister plot to establish a good relationship with the United States.  
Interesting that she pleaded guilty to a FARA violation. 

Is Tony Podesta next? 
It must really drive you crazy that the Republicans control all 3 branches of government plus the Justice Department, and yet they won't go after the losing Democratic presidential candidate's campaign chairman's brother.

Henry Ford said:
I don’t fault (as a human failing) anyone who had thoughts that Trump was just political theater and wouldn’t do what he seemed like he would do based on his speeches in 2016. 

That’ll definitely change in 2020. 
:goodposting:

I have a lot of anecdotal evidence in my own relationships with others that would back this up.  

A good point that I heard today regarding the claim that a sitting president cannot be indicted...

If we hold to this claim, and a presidential candidate then commits crimes and wins the presidency... this will only encourage future candidates to commit crimes if it will help them win. I doubt that the founding fathers and former legislators intended for this to be the case.

[scooter] said:
It must really drive you crazy that the Republicans control all 3 branches of government plus the Justice Department, and yet they won't go after the losing Democratic presidential candidate's campaign chairman's brother.
The funny thing is that he's currently under investigation.

NFL2DF said:
ren deserves a lot of credit for having the balls to post in this place
Especially when he does so to point out that Butina's actions only look bad to those who hold the "outdated" view that Russia is an enemy. 

Bucky86 said:
Interesting theory on the Butina situation.

Malcolm Nance‏Verified account @MalcolmNance

FollowingFollowing @MalcolmNance

More

Malcolm Nance Retweeted Asha Rangappa

Butina was caught and the only way back is to follow the orders to burn the network and return to Russia a Hero of the Russian Federation. The ensuing chaos will destroy the NRA and see even more chaos. #MischiefManaged
Precisely. She will be welcomed with open arms. 

Users who are viewing this thread