Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn

whoknew

3 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

Rick Santorum was on CNN last night when they were discussing this.  He was very uncomfortable and said this is the first time he's feeling some collusion may have occurred.

he clearly hasn't been listening then....

• Like 2

Update to the story:

Natasha Bertrand‏Verified account @NatashaBertrand 13m13 minutes ago

Natasha Bertrand Retweeted Kenneth P. Vogel

Ken has now corrected that report, so will be deleting this tweet.

Kenneth P. VogelVerified account @kenvogel

CORRECTION: PAUL MANAFORT asked KONSTANTIN KILIMNIK to pass TRUMP polling to the Ukrainian oligarchs SERHIY LYOVOCHKIN & RINAT AKHMETOV, & not to OLEG DERIPASKA, as originally reported. We have corrected the story & I deleted a tweet repeating the error. …

Kenneth P. Vogel‏Verified account @kenvogel 31m31 minutes ago

More

LYOVOCHKIN & AKHMETOV had funded Russia-aligned political parties for which MANAFORT had worked. Manafort believed he was still owed $$$ for the work. Passing along polling data to the oligarchs could be a way to try to collect by proving continued value.

59 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

They're all screwed. I love it.

1 hour ago, Banger said:

Cheri Jacobus‏Verified account @CheriJacobus

Mueller likely has secret NSA travel data to bust Manafort -- and other Trump campaign officials: ex-analyst

https://twitter.com/CheriJacobus/status/1083062670285303814

Wait - we are all just ok with the NSA tracking our travel and getting on our phones while in flight?

• Thinking 1

3 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

Rudy:  "If its done by the President, or by the president's family, or by someone in the President's campaign, or by someone who knows the president, or by someone who used to live in a property managed by the president, then obviously it can't be a crime.  How can it be a crime under those circumstances?  Everyone knows crimes don't apply to everyone."

wat

• Thinking 1

36 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Wait - we are all just ok with the NSA tracking our travel and getting on our phones while in flight?

If I'm communicating with known criminals who have committed enough crime that he's being traced, then anything to help. Your name would never get released unless you become a suspect. If that's the case, I absolutely love the idea of getting caught this way.

45 minutes ago, whoknew said:

For the low low price of $300, you could do it too

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/nepxbz/i-gave-a-bounty-hunter-300-dollars-located-phone-microbilt-zumigo-tmobile

4 hours ago, Banger said:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:  how these shameful people can do this with a straight face is astounding....

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1082997030740525056

long story short...even if you know your discussing sensitive campaign issues with a Russian agent it can't be collusion if you've known them for a long time...:lmao::lmao:

Well, sure...the better you know someone, the less likely you are to know they're a Russian spy.

Graham also said Barr noted that he and Mueller have been good friends for decades.

“They’ve been personal friends for over 20 years,” Graham said, noting they worked together previously at the Department of Justice. “His opinion of Mr. Mueller is very, very high in terms of ethics and character and professionalism.”

Graham said Barr’s and Mueller’s wives attend Bible study together and Mueller has attended the weddings of two of Barr’s daughters.

“I didn’t know that they were that close personally,” Graham said.

Graham also said Barr told him he has a high opinion of Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, but that Rosenstein confirmed that he has been looking to leave the department after about two years in the job.

Bloomberg interview with Lindsay Graham.

1 hour ago, Banger said:

he clearly hasn't been listening then....

He should rightfully be ridiculed, but this is still a huge step. We're seeing the fringe Trump supporters back away. It's crumbling slowly, but it's clearly coming apart for team Trump.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

Ken Dilanian‏Verified account @KenDilanianNBC

FollowFollow @KenDilanianNBC

More

News: A source close to Rod Rosenstein told @PeteWilliamsNBC today that Rosenstein plans to stay until Mueller submits his report -- further evidence that Mueller is close to wrapping up.

12:21 PM - 9 Jan 2019

I wish, but there is no way Mueller is close to wrapping up. I don't think the end is even in sight.

Looks like Manafort's attorney's hit the trifecta:

But his legal team hasn’t done him any favors, said Honig. “Over the course of less than a year, their client got caught obstructing justice, got convicted at trial, and then got caught lying during his cooperation,” 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, whoknew said:

Yeah - at this point I assume they have everything on me...only defense is to keep your head down, and remain anonymous.

PS - I am not buying that whole "getting on your phone while you are on the plane bit."  I assume they can do that anywhere.

Edited by Sinn Fein

18 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Looks like Manafort's attorney's hit the trifecta:

But his legal team hasn’t done him any favors, said Honig. “Over the course of less than a year, their client got caught obstructing justice, got convicted at trial, and then got caught lying during his cooperation,” 

Manafort’s Own Lawyers May Have Hastened His Downfall

Another Washington, D.C.-based defense attorney who requested anonymity because he represented a client involved the Russia probe put it bluntly: “It is definitely worth asking whether Manafort would’ve been better off with a public defender.” 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

4 minutes ago, dozer said:

Manafort’s Own Lawyers May Have Hastened His Downfall

Another Washington, D.C.-based defense attorney who requested anonymity because he represented a client involved the Russia probe put it bluntly: “It is definitely worth asking whether Manafort would’ve been better off with a public defender.” 

It's an open question who's been paying them and thus who they're really beholden to.

House Democrats now asking questions about Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin has agreed to deliver a classified briefing to U.S. House lawmakers on Thursday on his recent decision to lift sanctions on companies linked to a Russian oligarch and Vladimir Putin ally.

Among the questions Democrats are likely to ask Mnuchin at the briefing, according to aides: How much influence did the White House, and Trump personally, exert in Mnuchin's decision to lift sanctions?

• Like 3

I saw this re-tweeted, I think by a journalist making a different point, but here's Trump's current campaign chairman tweeting about how confidential polling data is so important to their cause.

I'm not sure that's what I would have chosen to tweet out today, but I respect the lack of knowing what's going on in the world.

The pro-Trump talking points I've seen regarding Manafort talk about how polling data isn't a big deal. Oof. Let's get on the same page, guys.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cosjobs said:
9 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

Rudy:  "If its done by the President, or by the president's family, or by someone in the President's campaign, or by someone who knows the president, or by someone who used to live in a property managed by the president, then obviously it can't be a crime.  How can it be a crime under those circumstances?  Everyone knows crimes don't apply to everyone."

wat

Is this for real? :oldunsure:

11 hours ago, gianmarco said:

All I can say at this point is that Russia has completely owned us. Played us like a fiddle.

Infiltrated our democratic process by exploiting its weaknesses and wreaked havoc that will have long lasting effects and will take lots of time, work, and money to undo.

I hope all those involved from our country rot in hell for taking part and/or allowing it to happen.

Not really.  People voted for Trump and Trump won.  That's democracy.  :shrug: 

6 hours ago, The Future Champs said:

Not really.  More people voted for Hillary and Trump won.  That’s not democracy.  :shrug:

Take it up with the Electoral College.  Th unattached electors had the right to vote differently than the popular vote.

not sure if that is democracy or not.

12 hours ago, That one guy said:

The GOP spends money on data collection probably “more than any organization in America”?  I hope that’s just ridiculous Trumpian exaggeration, because if it all true, so sad.

and then they give it to the Russians apparently

goal post update:

1. we don't know if the Russians hacked and if they wanted Trump to win

2. they may have hacked but I have no contacts, no business arrangements, my campaign had no contacts with Russians

3. well a couple people may have had contacts with Russians but was about helping Russian babies

4. well we may have had secret meetings to get dirt on Hillary but nothing happened

5. well there may have been dozens of meetings between nearly every member of the campaign (that every one of them lied about) and Russians it was all very normal, cool and legal 

6. well there was an agreement to build Trump Moscow but the discussions ended in the beginning of 2016 

7. well the Trump Moscow talks continued until the summer of 2016

8.  well the Trump Moscow talks continued all the way up to the election but everyone knew it and it's completely normal to secretly discuss building a  project to make hundreds of millions and lie about it for 2 years with the same counterparty that is hacking DNC / voting systems and undergoing a massive social media disinformation campaign

9. NO COLLUSION!, NO COLLUSION!, NO COLLUSION!, NO COLLUSION!, NO COLLUSION!, NO COLLUSION!, NO COLLUSION!, NO COLLUSION!, 

10.  Collusion isn't a crime and are crimes really crimes?

11. well there may have been collusion by the campaign manager during the campaign but Trump didn't know about it

12.  ......(I can fill in the blanks..)

• Like 4
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, Banger said:

goal post update:

1. we don't know if the Russians hacked and if they wanted Trump to win

2. they may have hacked but I have no contacts, no business arrangements, my campaign had no contacts with Russians

3. well a couple people may have had contacts with Russians but was about helping Russian babies

4. well we may have had secret meetings to get dirt on Hillary but nothing happened

5. well there may have been dozens of meetings between nearly every member of the campaign (that every one of them lied about) and Russians it was all very normal, cool and legal 

6. well there was an agreement to build Trump Moscow but the discussions ended in the beginning of 2016 

7. well the Trump Moscow talks continued until the summer of 2016

8.  well the Trump Moscow talks continued all the way up to the election but everyone knew it and it's completely normal to secretly discuss building a  project to make hundreds of millions and lie about it for 2 years with the same counterparty that is hacking DNC / voting systems and undergoing a massive social media disinformation campaign

9. NO COLLUSION!, NO COLLUSION!, NO COLLUSION!, NO COLLUSION!, NO COLLUSION!, NO COLLUSION!, NO COLLUSION!, NO COLLUSION!, 

10.  Collusion isn't a crime and are crimes really crimes?

11. well there may have been collusion by the campaign manager during the campaign but Trump didn't know about it

12.  ......(I can fill in the blanks..)

I feel like “there was collusion by the campaign manager but the candidate didn’t know about it” is pretty much the end of the goalposts moving. Beyond “you can’t indict a sitting President” I’m not really sure where to go from there.