What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (8 Viewers)

What an interesting confluence of events:

FELIX SATER PROMISED A PUTIN MEETING WITH MICHAEL COHEN MINUTES AFTER DON JR PROMISED TO REVISIT MAGNITSKY SANCTIONS

Trump Jr, promises to revisit Magnitsky Sanctions at Trump Tower if/when Trump wins.

Sater - sends text to Cohen trying to set up a meeting with Putin later in 2016

Oh, and Trump himself tweeted about Hillary's emails that same night.

odd timing, all of that.
There is a 100% chance that the only reason Mueller hasn't indicted Don Jr yet is because he wants to do more behind the scenes investigating before going scorched Earth. He knows the reaction once he starts busting Trump's actual family.  He's obviously waiting till he's practically finished. 

There is a 100% chance that the only reason Mueller hasn't indicted Don Jr yet is because he wants to do more behind the scenes investigating before going scorched Earth. He knows the reaction once he starts busting Trump's actual family.  He's obviously waiting till he's practically finished. 
Yup keep the chaos at a minimum until he knows he can close it out.

I also think he wants to refer everything else financial to the SDNY before getting shutdown.  You can’t tell me it’s just a coincidence they subpoena the Inauguration Committee and are looking to talk with Trump Org individuals. 

I also think he wants to refer everything else financial to the SDNY before getting shutdown.  You can’t tell me it’s just a coincidence they subpoena the Inauguration Committee and are looking to talk with Trump Org individuals. 
I think I was listening to NPR this morning - they suggested this investigation stemmed from Cohen tapes, which suggested some oddities in the fund raising and payments to vendors.

So, that probably did originate in SDNY.

Let’s review “Russian” contacts

Natalia Veselnitskaya Fusion GPS

Rinat Akhmetshin- Fusion GPS

Samochornov - US State/FBI

Felix Sater - FBI

Halper - CIA

Mifsud - CIA?

Todd n’ Clare - Clinton?

“Henry Greenberg” - FBI

Ken Dilanian‏Verified account @KenDilanianNBC

Sen. Chuck Grassley just told Hugh Hewitt he expects a Mueller report within a month.

:oldunsure:
Manu Raju‏Verified account @mkraju

Grassley walks back his remarks that Mueller report will be out within a month. “It's just based upon all the rumors you hear, which probably isn't a very good basis for me saying what I said, but ... it's been reported every month it was going to come out, and I want it out.”

11:12 AM - 5 Feb 2019

This is a cryptic statement from Rep. Schiff.

“In the interests of the investigation, Michael Cohen’s testimony has been postponed until February 28th.”

He was originally scheduled to testify behind closed doors on Friday.
That might be related to what is going down with Trump Org in SDNY.

Schiff's statement: https://intelligence.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=447

Now, in the 116th Congress, the Committee’s investigation will focus principally on five interconnected lines of inquiry, beginning with these incomplete or unexamined investigative threads:

(1)    The scope and scale of the Russian government’s operations to influence the U.S. political process, and the U.S. government’s response, during and since the 2016 election;

(2)    The extent of any links and/or coordination between the Russian government, or related foreign actors, and individuals associated with Donald Trump’s campaign, transition, administration, or business interests, in furtherance of the Russian government’s interests;

(3)    Whether any foreign actor has sought to compromise or holds leverage, financial or otherwise, over Donald Trump, his family, his business, or his associates;

(4)    Whether President Trump, his family, or his associates are or were at any time at heightened risk of, or vulnerable to, foreign exploitation, inducement, manipulation, pressure, or coercion, or have sought to influence U.S. government policy in service of foreign interests; and

(5)    Whether any actors – foreign or domestic – sought or are seeking to impede, obstruct, and/or mislead authorized investigations into these matters, including those in the Congress.

Schiff's statement: https://intelligence.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=447

Now, in the 116th Congress, the Committee’s investigation will focus principally on five interconnected lines of inquiry, beginning with these incomplete or unexamined investigative threads:

(5)    Whether any actors – foreign or domestic – sought or are seeking to impede, obstruct, and/or mislead authorized investigations into these matters, including those in the Congress.
Hi Devin Nunes  :bye:

:lol:  He seems unhappy. 

Manu Raju‏Verified account @mkraju

FollowFollow @mkraju

More

Manu Raju Retweeted Manu Raju

We tried to ask Devin Nunes, the ranking Republican, whether he voted to release the transcripts. “You guys are an embarrassment to yourselves,” he snorted as he walked onto an elevator.
Well it is a really dumb question.

I thought Ig was being sarcastic- that the answer to the question, and why he didn't simply answer is obvious. That said, definitely not a dumb question in that there should be transparency and accountability for anything a representative votes for/against... particularly on a committee that is either assisting or impeding a Special Counsel investigation. That committee has been allowed to operate in the shadows for too long. 

Quite the opposite, looking forward to the rubes on here freaking out Mueller has nothing!
We both know that Mueller can say that Trump was involved with tax evasion, money laundering, defrauding America, witness intimidation, campaign fund violations, and obstruction of justice and you'll claim that he 'won' because there is no charge of collusion.  Charges that would bring the average American 50 years in prison. You'll claim Mueller had nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
We both know that Mueller can say that Trump was involved with tax evasion, money laundering, defrauding America, witness intimidation, campaign fund violations, and obstruction of justice and you'll claim that he 'won' because there is no charge of collusion.  Charges that would bring the average American 50 years in prison. You'll claim Mueller had nothing.
I'm gonna give Noonan a little leash here.  He did say anyone proven to do "those things" (which seemed inclusive of each one) is not making America great again.  So, I'll hold him to it.

But, when there is something, I'm sure you'll find a way to go full #MAGA and defend his role in money laundering, witness tampering, obstruction of justice, and conspiracy with Russia.
Wrong again, anyone proven to do those things is not Making America Great Again.
I think the intersection of Trumpismo style nationalism and Putinist neo-nationalism interesting, but in the end this may not have been about espionage (even if FSB/GRU/Kremlin types played a role), it may in the end be about money. One of Mueller's challenges has been coming across weird unexpected strands like Flynn's nuclear/security consulting deal and tying that in with what Trump was doing. And then there were weird characters like Papadopoulas, Stone, Cohen, Peter Smith, Corsi, Junior, all chasing their own deals. - We'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna give Noonan a little leash here.  He did say anyone proven to do "those things" (which seemed inclusive of each one) is not making America great again.  So, I'll hold him to it.
The caveat being if the lead investigator is part of the deep state and out to get an innocent man.  This is 100% what we will hear from him and the others when the report is released.  Do you really think there's a single one of them who will say, "Oh well. Guess I was wrong about him. He's a criminal and shouldn't be in office"?

Quite the opposite, looking forward to the rubes on here freaking out Mueller has nothing!
Given the indictments, guilty pleas, and convictions already secured by Mueller - its really hard to imagine anyone who thinks Mueller has delivered "nothing".

If he delivers nothing else - he has delivered something substantial.  (And paid for the entire investigation by itself...)

Given the indictments, guilty pleas, and convictions already secured by Mueller - its really hard to imagine anyone who thinks Mueller has delivered "nothing".

If he delivers nothing else - he has delivered something substantial.  (And paid for the entire investigation by itself...)
They figure that since Trump hasn't been indicted, he must be squeaky clean. As if Mueller would really be dumb enough to write the last chapter before the others.

Rove! said:
All of which begs the question of why a longtime FBI informant,  and Loretta Lynch asset was practically begging Cohen to try set up this deal and begging for a copy of Trump’s passport.
I suspect (guess*) that Sater has been cooperating under immunity. But I am *sure* if Cohen, who has known Sater a good part of his life, really thought he had been entrapped he could have just told the judges - either or both of them because he's got two - that that had happened to him and *poof* Trump would have been vindicated, he would have gone free, and he'd be a hero today to Trumpworld.

But nah, he didn't do that.

Users who are viewing this thread