What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (11 Viewers)

At this point, if you doubt Trump knowingly conspired to avoid FEC by writing checks to women he screwed, you’re a fool. If you doubt he knew Wikileaks was illegally helping his campaign, you’re a fool. The odds there isn’t worse coming down the pike are low. But it doesn’t matter. That’s enough.
I don't think you should call them fools, "Enemies of the People" seems more appropriate.

Bucky86 said:
President Donald Trump directed his longtime attorney Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about negotiations to build a Trump Tower in Moscow, according to two federal law enforcement officials involved in an investigation of the matter.
- Buzzfeed.

I lied to Congress about when Mr. Trump stopped negotiating the Moscow Tower project in Russia. I stated that we stopped negotiating in January 2016. That was false – our negotiations continued for months later during the campaign. Mr. Trump did not directly tell me to lie to Congress. That’s not how he operates. In conversations we had during the campaign, at the same time I was actively negotiating in Russia for him, he would look me in the eye and tell me there’s no business in Russia and then go out and lie to the American people by saying the same thing. In his way, he was telling me to lie.
- Cohen.

I thought this was an interesting discussion about trade. Trump is told by our trade rep that yeah MOU's are contracts between countries. Trump says nope, no they're not. Lighthizer just says ok we're not going to use the term MOU anymore. Happened in real time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump's guilty of knowingly conspiring with a foreign country to illegally influence U.S. elections (in his own favor). I've heard/seen enough to believe this is true. It needs to be impeachment time.

BuzzFeed‏Verified account @BuzzFeed

FollowingFollowing @BuzzFeed

More

Roger Stone Says Michael Cohen Is Lying, After Stone Was Ordered Not To Comment On The Mueller Investigation

Lock him up?
That judge is no-nonsense. I'm sure she isn't going to be thrilled with him thinking he can bypass her gag order by simply sending his statements to someone else to tweet. Would love to see him thrown in jail just for thinking he's clever.

The testimony of a witness in the room for Stone's statements about it.
I had read through Cohen’s statement to that effect.  

https://imgur.com/a/sFCleeD

Looking at the DNC schedule around that time, “days before the Democratic convention,” Stone announced a pending Wikileaks publication after talking to his pal Julian Assange.  

Gee.  Days before the Democratic convention... could that have possibly been July 22nd, when Wikileaks tweeted to the whole world that they had forthcoming DNC leaks pertaining to Hillary Clinton?

Watching the testimony as I wrote this, Cohen says he thought it was July 18th/19th.  But the damaging information on Clinton that was to come had already been public knowledge since June of 16.  

Basically, Roger Stone told Trump something in late July 16 that had already been public knowledge since June of 2016.  WOW!!!  😯 😯 😯 

Looking forward to hearing more about this personal phone call, I bet it’s a real thing that actually happened.  

I had read through Cohen’s statement to that effect.  

https://imgur.com/a/sFCleeD

Looking at the DNC schedule around that time, “days before the Democratic convention,” Stone announced a pending Wikileaks publication after talking to his pal Julian Assange.  

Gee.  Days before the Democratic convention... could that have possibly been July 22nd, when Wikileaks tweeted to the whole world that they had forthcoming DNC leaks pertaining to Hillary Clinton?

Watching the testimony as I wrote this, Cohen says he thought it was July 18th/19th.  But the damaging information on Clinton that was to come had already been public knowledge since June of 16.  

Basically, Roger Stone told Trump something in late July 16 that had already been public knowledge since June of 2016.  WOW!!!  😯 😯 😯 

Looking forward to hearing more about this personal phone call, I bet it’s a real thing that actually happened.  
Sorry, I missed the part where the June 12 article disclosed that within a short period from July 19 there would be a release of those emails.  Can you point it out?

:shrug:

From your article: "Julian Assange, the founder of WikiLeaks, has said his organisation is preparing to publish more emails Hillary Clinton sent and received while US secretary of state."

The July 22 leaks: 

"As Hillary Clinton prepared to announce her 2016 running mate, a trove of nearly 20,000 emails were released by WikiLeaks on Friday, providing an embarrassing inside look at Democratic Party operations on the eve of the Democrats' national convention.

The emails from the Democratic National Committee include discussions of Clinton's chief rival for the presidential nomination, Sen. Bernie Sanders (D-Vt.); details of perks provided to party donors attending the convention; and email exchanges between party officials, journalists and others.+

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/1100820252450082818

STATEMENT on Michael Cohen testimony to Congress: WikiLeaks publisher Julian Assange has never had a telephone call with Roger Stone. WikiLeaks publicly teased its pending publications on Hillary Clinton and published > 30k of her emails on 16 March 2016.
Texts, emails, Facebook exchanges, direct Tweets, faxes, Skype calls, Facetime, AOL Messenger, IRC network chat.......nope, no phone calls. :thumbup:

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/1100820252450082818

STATEMENT on Michael Cohen testimony to Congress: WikiLeaks publisher Julian Assange has never had a telephone call with Roger Stone. WikiLeaks publicly teased its pending publications on Hillary Clinton and published > 30k of her emails on 16 March 2016.
This is self-serving, but I do think it’s possible that Assange was puffing or shading and really got the info from Farage, Guccifur 2.0 or someone else with direct contact.

Who cares?  The whole world knew they were coming. 
Well, if the whole world knows Bin Laden is going to attack America but one guy called his buddy on September 9, 2001 and told him that Bin Laden told him there was an imminent attack in New York and D.C. in a few days, I'd say I'd like to talk to the guy who had specific information because it sounds like he's been in contact.

His repeated DUI's should have prevented him from being admitted in the first place.  Even if he wasn't convicted, there's no way he should have passed a moral character exam.
Dude, come on.  It was only 7.  It's not like he had a problem or anything.

When Stone was on the phone with Trump, he said, "I just got off the phone with Assange." Or something along those lines, if I recall Cohen's testimony correctly.
>>Roger Stone said to Trump, Cohen says: "Mr. Trump, I just want to let you know I just got off the phone with Julian Assange, and in a couple days there's going to be a massive dump of emails that is going to severely hurt the Clinton campaign."<<

Dale.

Yep you’re right. My point is just that Cohen actually witnessed the call between Trump and Stone.

Trump's guilty of knowingly conspiring with a foreign country to illegally influence U.S. elections (in his own favor). I've heard/seen enough to believe this is true. It needs to be impeachment time.
Did he use a lawyer to conceal payments (and avoid FEC scrutiny) to a foreign agent who then worked directly with Kremlin spies to put together a dossier in order to influence a US election?

Did he use a lawyer to conceal payments (and avoid FEC scrutiny) to a foreign agent who then worked directly with Kremlin spies to put together a dossier in order to influence a US election?
I haven't heard of any evidence in support of that specific allegation against Trump. So as far as I know, he didn't. Care to chime in about all the crimes and improprieties Trump's perpetrated that there is evidence of?

What did we learn from Cohen today about Russia collusion?

1. He never went to Prague

2. Trump discussed WikiLeaks with someone a full month after the same info was made public to the world

Rough day for the conspiracy crowd.

2. Trump discussed WikiLeaks with someone a full month after the same info was made public to the world

Yes it was a rough day for those who think this is all some deep state conspiracy against Trump.

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1 1m1 minute ago

Elijah Cummings, asked if he believes Trump has committed a crime in office, says that based on what he has seen, "It appears that he did." Cummings says he wants to go back and review the transcript.

If this was a rough day, imagine when the impeachment news comes down.

Its really odd that the GOP did not spend more time developing this, instead of everyone lining up a pointing out that Cohen lied to Congress.

Either they are really bad at their job, or they figured this was a losing argument.  Neither scenario paints a pretty picture of the GOP

Its really odd that the GOP did not spend more time developing this, instead of everyone lining up a pointing out that Cohen lied to Congress.

Either they are really bad at their job, or they figured this was a losing argument.  Neither scenario paints a pretty picture of the GOP
You forgot to mention a book deal.

Well, if the whole world knows Bin Laden is going to attack America but one guy called his buddy on September 9, 2001 and told him that Bin Laden told him there was an imminent attack in New York and D.C. in a few days, I'd say I'd like to talk to the guy who had specific information because it sounds like he's been in contact.
I would too, if it were a criminal act of terrorism that killed thousands of people.  It's doubtful I would apply the same scrutiny to a publisher that leaked emails and didn't commit a crime at all.  

Looks like one of our conservative trolls got banned again.  Maybe Noonan for circumventing the language filter for a juvenile insult?

eh?

If Assange never committed a crime - why is he holed up in the Ecuadoran embassy?
Because the UK refuses to confirm/deny whether there’s an extradition warrant for Assange’s arrest.  

But, I was referring to the 2016 leaks specifically.  

Users who are viewing this thread