What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Derrius Guice, Free Agent (1 Viewer)

I overpaid a bit because I was 8-9 deep at WR and had only Zeke at RB at the time before moving up in the draft to get CEH/Taylor but this was my deal:

Brandin Cooks and late 2nd (pick 16 I believe) for just Guice

Maybe not great value but I needed RBs badly

Has anyone completed a deal to acquire him in dynasty? What did you offer? 

Having a hard time gauging his value. 
I'm not trying to buy Guice but I would easily send Cooks and a 2nd to get him and then maybe try to flip (for me anyway). 

FWIW I moved Kerryon for him last offseason. Old deal now but if I recall there was a small rookie pick swap involved that swung me on the deal. And then I flipped Guice (within the hour) for 1.02 (in 2019 - took Sanders) and some other decent piece.

ETA maybe try to flip him to the Gibson owner?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not trying to buy Guice but I would easily send Cooks and a 2nd to get him and then maybe try to flip (for me anyway). 

FWIW I moved Kerryon for him last offseason. Old deal now but if I recall there was a small rookie pick swap involved that swung me on the deal. And then I flipped Guice (within the hour) for 1.02 (in 2019 - took Sanders) and some other decent piece.

ETA maybe try to flip him to the Gibson owner?
For what though: not seeing much fair value coming back. I figure I may as well hope he strings together 2-3 good games and flip then maybe for a late 1st instead of a random 2nd and shot in the dark lottery ticket

For what though: not seeing much fair value coming back. I figure I may as well hope he strings together 2-3 good games and flip then maybe for a late 1st instead of a random 2nd and shot in the dark lottery ticket
Yeah fair question. If I had him now I would probably want to hold but I could justify getting something less than ideal if it were part of a bigger package where my prime target is something else.

Rotoworld:

The Washington Post reports Derrius Guice was arrested Friday on domestic violence-related charges.

The charges include three counts of assault and battery, destruction of property, and one count of strangulation — a felony charge. It's the latest blow to Guice, who missed 11 games to knee setbacks last year after losing his entire rookie year to ACL surgery. Guice is facing at least a six-game suspension under the NFL's domestic violence policy and is in danger of getting released. Guice's off-field issues clear a path to snaps for Bryce Love and rookie Antonio Gibson.

SOURCE: Washington Post

Aug 7, 2020, 6:25 PM ET

Rotoworld:

Washington released RB Derrius Guice.

Guice was released following his domestic violence-related arrest. Washington is cutting ties with Guice, but this is another bad look for an organization that's been under fire this offseason. With Guice gone, Washingotn will move forward with Bryce Love and rookie Antonio Gibson competing with Adrian Peterson for snaps. Guice will be facing a minimum six-game suspension if he lands a second chance. 

SOURCE: Sam Fortier on Twitter

Aug 7, 2020, 7:02 PM ET

Loves

edited to Update my answer...

Devonta Freeman to the white courtesy phone please. 
I'd be shocked if Freeman(or any RB addition) was on their radar. They already had a ton of RB depth. Between Peterson/Gibson/Love/Barber/McKissic they are more than fine, and its likely one of Barber/McKissic doesn't make the team even with Guice gone.

I do think people are sleeping on Bryce Love a little. Pre-injury, I felt he was the best RB in the 2019 draft. 

Huh. Part of the reason I traded him was because Doug Williams called him a "knucklehead" about his rehab. Didn't sound good then, doesn't sound good now. I hope the victim is okay and that he atones for whatever he has done. I think his dimming star has really crashed, actually, but let's not bury him yet. 

Huh. Part of the reason I traded him was because Doug Williams called him a "knucklehead" about his rehab. Didn't sound good then, doesn't sound good now. I hope the victim is okay and that he atones for whatever he has done. I think his dimming star has really crashed, actually, but let's not bury him yet. 
If guilty, bury him.

If guilty, bury him.
That's what I'm holding out for. Both sides before full condemnation. Domestics always look bad, let's see what happened. I say this about almost all criminal cases by the way, and have been noted in the PSF as a "wait and see" guy for all issues like this. The information will drip and drab out like most, and we may wind up with a different picture. Remember Tyreek Hill just a year ago. 

Sorry to the victims, hope they are okay.

So what's the Washington backfield look like now? Gibson, Love, Peterson, Barber, McKissic, right? How do we rank them? Where do we draft them?

Sorry to the victims, hope they are okay.

So what's the Washington backfield look like now? Gibson, Love, Peterson, Barber, McKissic, right? How do we rank them? Where do we draft them?
Gibson will get way too much of a over reaction from the masses

AP is likely the guy

Barber stands to make the team and be annoying to fantasy owners 

Love has a big opportunity

McKissic might have value if they give him a lot of receiving work

I’d avoid all in redraft

Dynasty I will go for McKissic at his price. Probably can’t get Love anymore. I’d avoid the rest at their price 

Gibson will get way too much of a over reaction from the masses

AP is likely the guy

Barber stands to make the team and be annoying to fantasy owners 

Love has a big opportunity

McKissic might have value if they give him a lot of receiving work

I’d avoid all in redraft

Dynasty I will go for McKissic at his price. Probably can’t get Love anymore. I’d avoid the rest at their price 
Ah McKissic, fantasy players are never going to get over you no matter how many times nfl teams give you no work.

Ah McKissic, fantasy players are never going to get over you no matter how many times nfl teams give you no work.
Yeah but he’s the cheapest on the list with a high upside. I will go for none of them but I’m certainly not buying Gibson at his price and I have zero interest in the rest except for Love, who is likely over priced now too

Yeah but he’s the cheapest on the list with the highest upside. I will go for none of them but I’m certainly not buying Gibson at my price and I have zero interest in the rest except for Love 
He might be the cheapest but that's because there's almost no chance of him getting the starting job.  It would have happened already.  This isn't sf with a creative offense, this is steady Ron Rivera.

He might be the cheapest but that's because there's almost no chance of him getting the starting job.  It would have happened already.  This isn't sf with a creative offense, this is steady Ron Rivera.
He doesn’t need the starting job to be fantasy relevant in this offense

edit: by no means am I planting my flag on mckissic. I agree his chances are low, but my point is the rest are likely over priced minus Barber

Man I hate this so much. As a Redskins fan I am proud Ron isn't messing around, he means business about changing the culture and character guys...but I still believe Guice could have been a star if healthy. I hope he's innocent, but if not, he deserves what he's got coming to him. 

Guice never came across as very professional. Hopefully he can change the tide. You don’t get many second chances with his history.

Woof. Just heard on the radio this is his third or fourth incident?

how were the first incidents not widely publicized? I don’t recall hearing anything before this. Crazy.

I feel bad for dynasty owners. He looked so good in college… What a complete waste of a pick. May go down as one of the worst 1.0x ever.

Woof. Just heard on the radio this is his third or fourth incident?

how were the first incidents not widely publicized? I don’t recall hearing anything before this. Crazy.

I feel bad for dynasty owners. He looked so good in college… What a complete waste of a pick. May go down as one of the worst 1.0x ever.
3 alleged incidents in the Spring. Not reported to the police until late July.

A bit different from being cut due to not having enough talent, but toot away
No one said he didn't have talent. 

Guice made it easy on them. If they thought he was a viable running back, they would stall, and wait for the legal process to yada yada yada. 

He has stacked leg injuries like they were DFS Chiefs, and has behaved like a donkey since BEFORE he was drafted. His ADP before this was comical.

No one said he didn't have talent. 

Guice made it easy on them. If they thought he was a viable running back, they would stall, and wait for the legal process to yada yada yada. 

He has stacked leg injuries like they were DFS Chiefs, and has behaved like a donkey since BEFORE he was drafted. His ADP before this was comical.
I would disagree with the bolded. The Chiefs cut Kareem Hunt, would you argue he isn't a viable RB?

The injuries played a role on Guice being cut an easier pill to swallow, but without this off field stuff he 100% makes the team and is at least 50-50 to be the starter. I also think Washington is probably a little extra quick in the PR department after how their offseason has gone so far. Not saying they would have kept him otherwise, but are probably the team in need of bad PR the least.

I do agree with you that his ADP was a bit high before this though.

Free agent RB Derrius Guice cleared waivers. 

Washington released Guice after he was arrested for domestic violence. Guice will face a lengthy suspension if a team is willing to take the PR hit and sign the running back. It's unlikely that he gets a second chance until his current charges are settled. Guice came into the league with off the field issues, so most teams will have zero interest.

SOURCE: Adam Caplan on Twitter 

Aug 9, 2020, 5:52 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread